Overwatch still doesn't support ultrawide

Overwatch still doesn't support ultrawide.

There are like fucking 1200 forum posts about it yet the best we fucking got was an offhand mention of "being discussed" in another post like 2 weeks ago.

Fuck you Blizzard, at least have the balls to address us.

>buy an unpopular piece of shit that has barely any support
>cry when a game doesn't support it
Do some research before buying shit, you fucking moron

Since 2011 over 1.3 million steam users have registered with ultrawides. You can bet your fucking ass these are the types of people that play games a lot.

The fucking overwatch beta supported it with a HEX edit.

Atleast fucking team fortress 2 from 2007 supports it without issues.

We're talking about the monitor, not the Steam Controller.

What the fuck is ultrawide?

This meme is so obscure even I've never heard of it

if a dev cant make a game native ultra wide in the year 2016 it makes me question about their other talents

>2011
Link me to a 21:9 montior for sale in 2011.

>buys a fucking ultrawide
>uses a steam controller

found the piece of shit in my overwatch games that can't aim.

shoot yourself.

It's disabled for balance reasons, not because they can't do it, you stupid fucking tech whore

The first ultrawide displays started launching end 2011 start 2012. Since then over 1.2 million steam users have bought them.

They're the next step for gaming, not VR and its gimmicks. Like how we moved from 4:3 to 16:9.

>ultrawide

you did this to yourself

Ultrawide is fucking pointless outside of actual work that requires that much screen real estate

That's bullshit as every other major competitive shooter supports ultrawide.

Riddle me this, CS:GO supports ultrawide yet pro gamers exclusively use 16:9 and 4:3.

I didnt even know that was a thing.
Is it normal for games to support that? What about console? Or is it a only pc thing?

>Overwatch still doesn't support ultrawide
>search "overwatch fat girl"
>ultrawide literally first result.

mmm how you do that nice blue lighting boi.

It's an emerging PC thing. They're great for desktop productivity but they're also so so so much more immersive for gaming.

It's like VR but without the gimmick bullshit. As it fills your peripheral vision more.

Okay, so youre just a stupid tech junkie jackass who bought into 'the next big thing' way too fucking early like all those dumb assholes with 3d TVs.
Id feel sorry for you but turning around and getting pissy at everyone else for your dumb mistake is making it real difficult.

CSGO also supports larger FOV, hiding your gun's viewmodel etc. since Valve is a more permissive company when it comes to tweaks, while Blizzard chooses the restrictive approach.

>Thinking of getting an ultra-wide monitor
>Realize I'd never find any good wallpapers for it

>1200 dollar monitor
>garbage computer speakers

op pls

>all that overpriced "gamer" marketed garbage
>lives in a literal basement with popcorn walls

KEK
EK
K

Monitor was only 220$

I usually use m50 headphones.

>its like vr
lol right

>backlit keyboard

>playing csgo without 144hz

Trust me. Go find someone who has a proper ultrawide. They're incredible when gaming. You really need to experience it.

16:9 feels like a claustrophobic mess afterwards.

Has any OP ever been a greater faggot than this OP?

All signs point to no

>It's an emerging PC thing
>emerging

>that edgelord keyboard

yikes

why would you waste money on something without much support when you can get a better 16:9 monitor?

should have gone with a 1440p 144hz gsync.

It's a solid minimal looking RGB mechanical keyboard. Go fuck yourself.

>tfw you bought the 3d tv
It really sucks user, it really does

Show me a 29" 1440p 144hz gsync for 220$

why is there a weird cracked design on the space bar in your pic? it makes it look like a nerf product.

why did you come on to Sup Forums to defend your shitty purchases so hard?

you can waste your money on ultrawide garbage and shitty keyboards all you want but don't shit up the board with it

i didnt know you could get an ultra wide that cheap

mid-range 16:9 monitors cost about the same.

It's an optional space-bar that comes with it. I think it lets light through better.

It's the company name "ducky" with the year of the goat logo.

It does look good, cant wait for it to become the standard

>logitech g502
10/10 would play games with you

>he thinks the developers of a MULTIPLAYER game would enable something that would give certain players a clear advantage

So why would I buy a 16:9 then?

My 29" ultrawide can show 1920x1080p exactly the same a 23" 16:9 would. So in the situations that a game or program doesn't support it I can just use my monitor like a normal full HD 16:9.

Like why not buy a 21:9

Even better the 34" ultrawides can show 16:9 like a 27" monitor.

Blizzard long ago stopped caring about PC. I'm surprised they even bothered having 16:10 aspect ratio.

It's overclocked to 75hz so "good enough" I suppose.

>backlit
>minimal looking

Nice try, cunt

he he he

This.

This

>75hz
>good

pick one

he has a point, ultrawide is a fucking stupid meme

I said good enough. 60hz vs 75hz is a surprisingly large difference.

The kind of difference that makes 60hz feel really laggy.

>My 29" ultrawide can show 1920x1080p exactly the same a 23" 16:9 would

that's false. no two monitors have the exact same picture quality, even if they have the same resolution. there's always a difference in color, bleeding, and viewing angles.

Ultrawide is cheating, it lets you see more to the sides.

The resolution is 2560x1080. You literally just run the game at 1920x1080 which leaves the bars to the side black for the unused 320 pixel horizontal row on both sides.

Which then makes it equivalent to 23" for me.

I said this before but Riddle me this.

CS:GO supports ultrawide but all pros use 4:3 or 16:9

You know why? 21:9 has much less vertical view.

Atleast it's not a fucking k70 or k95 faggot

hahaha.... yeah..... those are shit....

>my shitty keyboard is not as bad as these shitty keyboards!!!

Nice
Try

>Not standard bottom row

Why do people buy that shit.

>He only uses one monitor

I thought 21:9 had the same height. Like instead of 1920x1080 I thought the 21:9 version would be 2520x1080.

CODE Keyboard? That's bout it

Ah that's a common misconception. easy to see why.

This should explain it.....I think

I wanted to call you out on your bullshit, but you're actually right.

I've never noticed it before. Huh. Now I'm never going to not notice it.

If you run it at 1920x1080p in fullscreen you can force your display to stretch it. It looks kinda shit but it's the closest we can do until official support.

>16:9 plebs missing the point
Blizzard had support for ultrawide and took it out because of "unfair advantages", even though shit like high refresh rate monitors and gaming mice/keyboards are totally OK. Even Blunderborn supports Ultrawide.

Horizontal view is far more important in 99.99999% of shooters. Especially ones ported from console (which these days is the majority) that have no verticality on account of being designed for controllers.

This. Thank you. The argument also falls apart considering all other competitive games support it and even then pro players decide against using it because it's disadvantageous.

>until official support.

It isn't past a certain point. Ultrawides force you to move your eyes a lot more across the display and in most FPS games most of the extra few degrees of vision will be taken up by walls.

The extra vertical view of 16:9 and 4:3 is better for competitive gaming. Which is why those are used most in competitive environments

Like i said, last thing we heard was "being discussed" in the future of overwatch thread one and a half weeks ago.

So crossing fingers.

That looks great what are you talking about

Monitor salesman pls leave.

>barely perceptible differences in framerate and mice that are already crippled by the lack of raw input are at all comparable to significant increases in visible information

Everything is vertically squished. Making targets smaller. It also FUCKS with vertical sensitivity.

See
No

Are 144hz monitors a clear advantage? Should the game be locked at 60fps?

>Implying 21:9 doesn't have support
It's only indie games amd Blizzard games that aren't WoW that doesn't have that support.

21:9 has its use. I don't see why this couldn't be supported when even the likes of World of Tanks support it.

My monitor's 3440x1440, and the cost isn't $1200 as .

Basically. And even then games that don't support it usually a quick setting edit fixes it. Overwatch actively prevents 21:9 from working by putting black bars on either side when selecting the resolution.

There is the unfortunate choice of playing overwatch in windowed mode as well.

Lol, the bottom pic shows less of the level. You can't even see the top part of the building

See
This is why ultrawides don't give a competitive advantage. Aka BLIZZARD RE-ENABLE IT FOR GODS SAKE!

literally nobody gives a shit, go back to crying at the blizzard forums

Jokes on you for bumping this

fucking saved

>people confused, not understanding, or against ultra wide displays
>people think it's some kind of meme or hack or overly expensive think
Consolefags treat framerate like this, I'm betting this backlash is the result of "master race" kids who post from their college laptops.

I wonder why suddenly the Sonyggers and Xboners no longer rally against 60fps as of this year. I distinctly remember them both insisting that 60fps isn't important up until last year.

why get an ultrawide? I feel like a 27" 16:9 already fills up a lot of your FOV. Then maybe I'd get a 32" or 40" 2160p when they're cheaper

these super tiny 21:9 monitors seem pointless. You don't see a tiny strip in real life. You're just cutting out your vertical FOV.

A 29" ultrawide costs like ~250$. And that's IPS, 100% sRGB.

Pic related.

Can also run as a 23" 1080p 16:9 if necessary.

True for the shitty ~25" ultrawides (don't buy them)

But you need to imagine it as a 16:9 but a lot longer. So if you buy a 29" ultrawide imagine it as a really wide 23". Or a 34" ultrawide as a really wide 27"

Since I got mine. 4 of my friends have sold their 16:9 and bought an ultrawide. They're really cool and impressive to play on in person.

I wondered about this before. My experience after a year of using this ultrawide is that a curved display keeps your eyeball to screen distance consistent going from edge to edge, so it becomes possible to actually make use of the increased FOV.

I would not consider ultrawide if I just want to CS:GO though.

>huge hitboxes
>20 tick rate
>people still on 4:3
>people with 30fps
>people without a five button mouse
>people having Razer's Chroma Keyboard for real time light up effects
>people with mics

Agreed. For competitive FPS it's unnecessary.

But damn if games like the Witcher 3 aren't incredible on it.

That is not correct. Ultra wide doesn't "Seinfeld HD Crop". it only adds the width.

I would recommend 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 instead of 2560x1080. The price difference isn't that big.

I personally don't. The difference between 1440p and 1080p isn't big enough imho. (4k on the other hand)

But whatever really. People can do what they want.

You're fundamentally misunderstanding how ultrawides work in relativity to other aspect ratios.

See

I own a PS4 and I've always been as lasted about games still being stuck in 30fps. It was also a big arguement in console war shitposts.

Where have you been?

yeah but they cost way more than the 16:9 with the same height

it costs about the same as a higher res 16:9 adding extra height

I'd rather just get a bigger / higher resolution 16:9 if I wanted to spend the money and my video card was good enough