That kid who would create/spread bullshit video game rumors

>That kid who would create/spread bullshit video game rumors.

I was that kid

Well this isn't a rumor but I told my sister video games had feelings and if you play them too long they start to suffer.. she was so scared she stopped playing video games though really I wanted her to stop playing Splatoon so much because I wanted to play

what bulshit did you spew

Sonic and Tails can be unlocked in Super Smash Bros. Melee after getting 20 KOS in Cruel Melee.

>tfw Pikablu was such a popular meme that it became real

I told kids that you could get the triforce in OOT behind The Great Deku Tree

I told kids that mew was under the truck in pokemon red/blue

wasted alot of time on this one

I also remember one kid swearing he had a pikachu in his backyard. Wouldnt let anyone come over to see it though He was BR

>that kid who brags about being good at a video game and you find out he only uses codes or exploits bugs

>You can unlock Gyarados in SSB by getting a star KO in the dead center of the pokeball in the background

>to get mew you must beat the elite 4, 4 times in row without losing

I was That Kid

I told some kid who sat at my lunch table in middle school about all these fucking stupid badges you could get in Paper Mario. In true That Kid style, you had to do stupidly obscure shit like buying every badge from the badge store so they'd move out, go around the world talking to people in other towns to find out where he went, and then you'd get a ticket in the mail or some shit for the train to take you to Badge Town.
I did a lot of stupid shit like that too. Man, I hate my old self.

we had a brown kid that always said he had the latest games and systems but when we pressed for details he would never say so

funny thing was his family was dog shit poor...

badges were so cool in paper mario. Once I got the wario and luigi and combined them for waluigi, I never took it off, even for another better badge. (I think that's how you got waluigi, ain't sure I remember.)

I said that you can unlock devil Jin in tekken 5 by winning a hundred matches straight.

turns out i was right

>that kid who claimed to unlock something crazy in pretty much any game, and "accidentally" deletes his data before we go to his house to see it

>some kid told me you could get a school outfit for jin by getting a certain number of wins as him
>i didnt know you had to press start to wear it

>'That kid' loses a match or two
>Picks the OP character and/or enables cheat codes only for himself
>"It's just a game bro"

>told everyone in my class that you could get missingno by putting your game boy in the microwave for 30 seconds
>two brothers named aaron and sam try it
>eternally angry at me

>tfw you're that kid and you make shit up that turns out to be completely true and you have to play it cool when you see it happen
It wasn't exact obviously, but when I found out you could really cast a more powerful Indignation as Genis in ToS, and when it turns out there really WAS an omni-element type in Crystal Chronicles, I was pretty fucking surprised.

Why do some kids make up stuff like this?

>I was the only kid in my entire school who beat the Elite 4 legitimately
I always knew I was blessed.

>about to beat that kid in a game
>they turn off the console

When I was a kid I'd tell people that you could unlock Flood-Cheif in MCC if you finish all campaigns on legendary without dying.

i knew a few of these, man fuck those kids

it's just a child's form of trolling. that or rping for the kids who get autism level about it

>beat kids 5 times straight
>"I-I was just warming up, bro! Lemme pick my best character"
>"Bobby, we all know you're full of shit. Picking Dhalsim won't change that"
>Kicks everybody's ass and doesn't lose again that night
fuck you Bobby

This happened to me once, pic related

>Hey user, did you know that you can get a Crystal Onix like in the show by leveling up a shiny Onix to lvl 100
>mfw i spent 2 months tracking down a shiny onix in silver and then grinding the levels for nothing

>That kid who said there's a Cow level in Diablo II
>Didn't believe shit and beat the fuck of him
>Years later you realize it's true

>I was that kid that was too poor to afford shit like Xbox live or games every couple months so I would do my research on them and talk about playing it like I actually had the game
I vividly remember one time when it was a few years later in middle school and Saint's Row 2 had come out. I saw the trailer where two guys were jousting on motorcycles and lied about me and friends doing that in multiplayer. Turns out you can actually do that and I probably didn't seem too much like "that kid".

>every once in a while, we would have fighting game tournaments among our group
>Invited everyone from the class to them
>Always end up playing the shitty Mortal Kombat PS2 games
>Blazblue Calamity Trigger comes out
>somehow get everyone to play it
>kick ass because I never told them about rapid cancels and the tier lists
I was that kid back in 9th grade. Good times...

>That kid who invited you over and then made you suck his dick

I loved back when people would tell each other blatant lies about gaming.

>dude, I have an emulator that can play Halo 1 and 2 on my PSP!
>you aim with the stick and strafe with the face buttons!

>that kid who posts on Sup Forums

>2005
>12 years old
>yeah halo 3 is already done and they're working on halo 4, this is how all games work they're done way in advance
>yeah ive seen gameplay footage, you can play as a girl spartan and she runs at 120 mph and jumps 60 feet in the air

>fuck off user we know you're lying. Get a life

Holy shit i've had unsaid fantasies about this. Didn't know it was a thing.

I was that kid
feels good getting held back 3 times in a row and being significantly larger than the other kids

I wish I got put in the fag bag. Jeremy was hot as fuck.

>writhing in pleasure

on what planet? This is Unit 731 tier torture

>for a second though that Sup Forums had managed to get a hold of my elementary school pictures.

Tom, is that you?

This shit happened to me and a grown ass co-worker who was like 24, claimed he had 100% 100+ games and when I came over suddenly his PSN got reset and he only had 7.

Post your pics

Sorry, Jeremy-I-don't-know. My name is Carlito.

>that rumor turns out to be fucking true

I never believed that whole getting new by moving the truck until very recently

>implying your dicks and sweaty body constantly touching each other while you're holding hands and tongue kissing in a mundane BDSM pose is not pleasurable

>"I caught a mew under the truck, it happened"
>20 years later he still insists he caught a mew under the truck

He also fucking says all these things that are literally impossible to happen in a game yet insists they happened.

It's not when I lose all the fucking sense of feeling in my lower body.

He trolled you good

I predicted what CoD would turn into wtihthe near futuristic setting well in advance, around when mw2 was the newest. I wasn't that young but I used to spout tons of ideas going into that kid territoryand always talked about how it would be in the future and how the natual progression for the series would be being able to jump around and parkour with mech suits or some kind of power armor and lots of things. The day I saw the black ops 2 trailer and was vindicated I sperged out so hard I nearly shat my pants.

Into the fagbag you go

>told everyone that you could get the Triforce in OoT like the Temple Medallions to upgrade the Master Sword
>get called bullshit on
>couple years later the Fierce Deity Mask is discovered in MM
>everyone suddenly starts asking me where the Triforce is so they can get the transformation in OoT

>Be way back in elementary school
>Found a game called Ty with the boomerangs
>Get stuck on the second boss because wasnt the brightest kid.
>That kid talks about the game one day
>I bring up the boss and ask how to beat him
>"What the level be like?"
>I explain the layout
>You gotsta break into dat shit (Lighthouse) and get da mutha fuckin rocket launcher.
>Turns out you just had to fucking hit the meat with flame er rangs.
tl:dr south has some ghetto ass schools.

>"What do you mean, Aeris died? She didn't die in my game..."

>That kid who said you can find a gun in Driver 2 from this obscure place he pulled from his ass

>Playing a game with a friend
>"Yeah it's been some time since I've played this game I'm gonna be rusty as fuck"
>Completely wreck face
Sorry Brandon

>Ty the Tasmanian tiger
I couldn't stand that game. I beat the final boss and never touched it again

You are too poor to buy another console and another TV?
Pleb detected.

>about to lose
>I dont want to play anymore

>tfw they look at you with admiration and you feel like you don't deserve it

>Oh, that character died ? Well you can revive them by doing this secret quest...

I did that as a kid

Had the same damn problem with the same damn boss. Fucking metal shark man

Was a pretty unique idea but yeah it was average at best.

Another one for you guys
>Bit later in time
>Kid sits with me and group again
>"Hey user you got melee"
>Say yeah and what of it
>I got mewtwo
>Whole table of 4 people start asking him how
>Come over to my house and I will show you
>3 months later
>Go to his house for his B-day
>"Yo boy check this"
>He actual has mewtwo
>We ask him how
>"Like im gonna tell you guys"
>I pulled out my spare memory cared and asked if I could copy his safe so I could also have mewtwo.
>"Nah boy I EARNED him"
>Looks back 5 seconds later
>Ask my mom
>Ask his mom if I can copy his save file
>NO THATS PIRACY user YOU COULD BE ARRESTED FOR THAT
Eventually move out of the ghetto and never saw that shitter again.

This one fuckface i know brags about his dark souls skills. Turns out he was muled and watched all these YouTube vids before ever playing

>my friends and I used to look for halo 2 easter eggs and glitches and shit all the time
>told my friends there was a secret easter egg in halo 2 that you could only see by looking at it with a sniper scope,
>completely bullshitting
>big easter egg hunt for "Hi Ben" comes like 2 days later, all my friends look for it
>like 2 weeks go by until someone finds it online, you need to look in a corner with a sniper scope to see the text
>it turns out that you need to look in the corner with a scope to see it
>friends talk about it at lunch
>"oh yeah I knew about that one, that's what I was talking about a few weeks ago"

I fell for that one

>winning in Goldeneye
>tells me not to use strafe because it'll wear out the C-left/right buttons
>turns off the game when I ignore him

>That Kid transfers to your school and becomes your friend out of shared interests
>pals around with you and steadily feeds you lies and bullshit
>believe it because you're autistic and gullible
>That Kid turns on you one day for no reason and starts hanging out with the jocks
>talks shit about you loud enough to hear
>they're laughing
>he gets ballsy enough to start talking shit to your face
>quietly goes to juvie for god knows why and you think he transferred
>bastard comes back for the second half of the grade
>shit continues, anxiety and depression begin to spin out of control
>go to a different Jr High after sixth grade to get a fresh start
>emotional damage was already done and persists to this day
I can only wish the worst upon you, Steven. You certainly did your worst to me, and I never did a goddamn thing to you in the first place.

>defining your life based on experiences in middle school

Sounds like you deserved it.

>if you press (random button sequence), Sheera totally pulls her 4 tits out, instead of a fatality.

Nick, you lied. Thanks for letting me borrow the game though.

I also know someone like this. He has a lvl500 something character and like 20 hours of playtime

All it took was one EGM mag on April Fools of 1991 to make me not trust this shit.

I used to tell kids if you got 120 stars in Mario 64 you could get to yoshi on top of the castle.

no one believed me

Kids like this is why they made the Achievement System. Congrats.

>Halo Reach had female spartans, sprint and jetpack
You weren't wrong.

How do you live with yourself

>you can bring aeris back to life, if you catch her in the church in the slums at the right time.

That bitch is gone, I won't fall for that shit.

>that kid who played with friends and never let you have turns
>your turn comes and they all leave to do something else or turn off the console

>Be around 2000ish
>Hanging out with a friend, playing the OG Smash Bros.
>Have a sudden "that kid" moment overtake me
>Start making up a bunch of power ups that I'd heard were gonna be in the next Smash
>Some fucking how, each one ended up being true

I'm not joking. I listed off stuff like the metal box, and the barrel cannon. Maybe something else too, but I distinctly remember that I was bullshitting at the time- didn't look anything up in a magazine, or find info online, but somehow, everything I said that day ended up being put in the game.

It's probably not interesting to anyone but myself, but I'm still flabbergasted that that happened.

>That Kid transfers to your school and becomes your friend out of shared interests
>pals around with you and steadily feeds you lies and bullshit
>believe it because you're autistic and gullible
>That Kid ended up becoming one of the weird kids that hung out in the corner of a hallway in middle school
>Continues into high school, even his bullshitting
>Everyone in your year knows them infamously as the weird kids that hang out in the corner of a hallway
>He has his circle, you have yours so w/e
>End up in a class together
>Still act friendly towards each other because of past relations
>He does his summative assignment on fucking Steam and tries to pass it off as an original idea to your pothead of a teacher while the rest of your friends in that class call his shit out
>End up sharing a class with his ex-best friend that hung out in the same circle a few years later
>Become fast friends
>He's actually a pretty cool guy, even if his autism shows
>No really why did he hang out with That Kid those past years
>Apparently he stole his girlfriend and got shamed out by everyone else in the circle

From what I heard That Kid ended becoming a huge tool so I guess he had it coming.

>mfw I went to the first movie and that short film before hand had this.

I fuckin freaked bruh.

it is, but they don't cost BP so "for a better badge" is meaningless.

>goes from WWII setting to modern times
>"I predicted it would keep going forward I'm a fucking genius!"

Yep, real life achievement there.

At a sleep over I traded one of my friend's pokemon yellow pikachu to another friend's gameboy and evolved it. Then watched the two fight over it when they noticed it later. I felt bad after but never said I did it.

I was talking about gameplay features not setting.

>Predicting cliches from a "future" setting will become mechanics is totally different than predicting there will be a "future" setting

That's a legitimately bastard move. I hope you rot in Hell.

This thread only further proves autists and idiots play pokemon

I told kids that only certain Pokemon could be traded and they had to trade with me or their Pokemon would eventually die. Say something like "You don't want your Pokemon to die do you?"

At this point they'd be upset so I knew I had 'em.

>trading pidgeys and caterpies for their charizards and other favourite high level pokemon

They cried a bit sometimes

Just a reminder that an entire board exists for this sole series and it's furfag audience. Let that sink in.

My dad was that kid except he was an adult
>you can go fishing in Zelda
>REALLY?
>yeah you have to go to the tree and find the fishing rod
I think he was just on drugs and didn't know what he was talking about because he overdosed eventually

>friend is proud of his Tetris highscore
>going on about how it took him ages to get it and he has never gotten close to it since then
>lets me have a go at his Tetris
>I completely smash his highscore
>he never lets me touch his games ever again out of fear of getting beaten.
Even today he has never and still can't best me in a game, I used to keep a scoreboard of how many times I had beaten him but I stopped keeping track at around 800 or so victories

The fuck? How old are you?

Did anyone have that kid who turned off the console?

>playing budokai 3
>wrecking my friend who thought he was good at it
>before I win again he turns off the console

Can anyone explain the thought process there? Like why the fuck would you turn the console off

>playing gta 4 multiplayer on my computer
>friend turns off my computer
>10 minutes of loading

You are absolutely on the spectrum, user.

>friend actually had a bootleg game cart with rom hack that had mew under the truck

I have known that I have autism since right before highschool, I have embraced it and it makes me stronger and my victories more pleasurable