FFXV

I- I wanted to make a civil FFXV discussion thread for once, where we actually speculate on things in the game like the amount of summons and the story stuff. S- so you know, how many summons do you think there will be?

Personally I think we will have around 7. Ramuh, Titan, Leviathan, Shiva, Ifrit, Bahamut, and XVs originial summon (because every ff has its own). I was talking about the huge ones of course I heard there will be a bunch of smaller support type ones on the field like Carbuncle.

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/122579443@N07/26086622186
change.org/p/square-enix-square-enix-localize-dragon-quest-11-to-the-west-once-released
twitter.com/AnonBabble

seems about right

Being cynical I was thinking 4 because tabata said a small amount

The Japanese box art is so much better 2bh. It's elegant as fuck, this one is just..

Well too bad, the 2-3 dedicated shitposting autists are going to spam the thread with shitposts to bait out the XV-kun autist so they can have an autistic shit flinging contest.

>wants a civil discussion ffxv thread
>posts u.s. boxart

Literally the BvS of videogames.

What is he telling Noctis?

Yes, lets have one.

Okay so since we now know Ravus is Lunas brother, we saw him with a wolf crest on his shoulder armor in the E3 2013 trailer. So i am guessing with the two dogs Luna has that their summon is Maaaby fenrir? Not a summon that you would have to fight, but more like Ramuh. You just get em.

Also, why are you forgetting Odin? He was in the big bang trailer.

Except BvS made its money back.

This piece of shit won't.

>where we actually speculate on things in the game
Grinding, padding, a lot of driving and walking, a lot of mashing, some QTEs, a ton of slowdowns, some gakt boys in edgy leather.

That's the things I'm sure of.

Stutter typing is a surefire way to make your thread is never going to be civil.

>Wer didcha lurn that Noct!

I personally though Ravus owns Fenrir and uses it as his own. In norse Mythology Fenrir ate the sun and made the world go into darkness. I think Luna fights the plague of darkness while her brother causes it. Also Niflehiem is the land of snow in norse mythology.

I'm not going to lie. The CE's box art is like half the reason I'm getting it.

I don't think it will be 4 just because then we have seen them all. Titan, Leviathan, Ramus and Carbuncle.

Have we had any confirmations of how getting new weapons works. Will we get a few dozen of the same sword for STR increases or will weapons be fully unique and gotten through questing and exploration? What about armor or outfits? At the end of the latest trailer they are all in new outfits.

IGNORE THESE PEOPLE. THEY WILL LEAVE IF YOU DO NOT GRANT THEM THE (You)s!

You see that mountain? You can climb it!

Please, god, have Doomtrain again. XV will be GOTYAY if it includes Doomtrain.

bonus points if it leaves firey train tracks ala back to the future's end scene

Stop stuttering like a faggot. Anyway the game is obviously never going to live up to the hype, Square themselves didn't even know what they were doing with the game so they needed to rely on fan support. It doesn't look like it will be topping my current favorite FF (VII) any time soon. I just hope it's decent enough to warrant one full playthrough.

The Jap cover honestly isn't any better.

I don't think Ravus is the bad guy, more like the anti-hero. The rival to Noct and Co. So i don't think he would "end the world" cause his quote from the trailer seemed like he was acting to stop it.

I am sticking to my theory that Ardyn is Ifirt BUT he isn't the main vilian. Tabata is playing with us with those trailers.

>The Jap cover honestly isn't any better.

It is, but not by much.

There are outfits, in XV lord Black has magic resist. There is elemental damage in the game Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Dark. You can have it on weapons.

Now getting weapons I have no clue but they will each be unique. Some have skill trees, some don't in exchange for raw stats. Some have aerial combat some have elemental damage on them. That is all I know. Phantom weapons will also charge the armiger bar faster than regular weapons but they cost mana, there are 13 phantom weapons scattered in the world.

Doomtrain will probably be a transportation method more than a summon. Prior to getting the airship ofc. Tabata said that we could skip travel time so i could see the train being that skip. Regalia being kept in the back while the bros fast travel. Makes perfect sense.

try to count the different summons

Most FF games had 12+ summons. He could very well mean 8.

I think Odin is the only one I didn't include but not all of those creatures in the pic are summons like the spider for example.

I am dying to know that thing kidnapping the chick. What the fuck is going on?

FFXIII had a measly 6. So if he didn't say lowest in the franchise We could assume 7 or 8

Why not both?

Anyone else noticed that the being protecting siren down right is the same one holding her in the Genesis Art form the ending of Duscae?

Is Alexander going to be in this?

Unlikely.

You'd assume Bahamut, Shiva and Ifrit would be in as well, so 7 minimum. I'll bet Phoenix is in it too.

I could see us fighting the Doomtrain from within.

I think so too they never advertise the main villain.
Orphan behind Barthandelus, Jecht behind sin, Necon outta nowhere, Kefka behind Gestahl

Metacrtic Scores Guesses.....GO!

[Spoiler]87[/Spoiler]

Nope. Maybe DLC.

nice one faggot

What did they mean by this? (pic)

Considering it's an action rpg and open world, like the TW3, Im thinking 88-96 possibly. This game already has a more interesting combat system plus big bosses to boot.

What's your reaction when the hooded character is Stella?

not sure how accurate my pic is

Can't be its a dudes voice

Sure hope that's supposed to be doomtrain.

ants

flickr.com/photos/122579443@N07/26086622186

Gonna say 93. Just enough to be generally considered a really good game but still inspire shitposting on here.

Yeah even if games get a good score Sup Forums will find a way.

Whats with the fucking stuttering? You are online. In this glorious world you can edit, then re-edit everything you say until it sounds exactly like you want. I can sound like an assertive yet self-deprecating asshat that I really am because the only second guessing I do doesn't trip up my speech but rather makes it sound more awesome after a couple of rewrites. You sound like a pussy in real life I'm sure. I know I mumble through conversations, so why would you translate that meek shit here? This isn't one of your fucking animes where that behavior is charming and gets you the girl. Fucking take your dick and slap it on the keyboard with confidence. Then type out: I wan't to start a FFXV thread! And you will be fucking civil about it or the rest of us will fucking ignore you!

Then tenderly and gently, take out your sweaty balls and lay them down on your mouse as you hit the post button. You control this shit.

Ramuh, Carbuncle, Titan and Leviathan are all confirmed with Shiva, Ifrit, and Bahamut possibly being leaked. Personally, I hope those leaks aren't true. I'm tired of seeing the same summons over and over again. One of the reasons I like FFX is because of all the unique summons that game has.

You must mean FFXII thats the only game with its own set of summons. X has a few of its own tho.

But even then, the summons we have named have been traditional for the longest time and deserve an HD Next gen show case and every single summon looks badass and impressive so far.

>tfw we will never see IX's Ark again

Or FF8 Eden.

But I think XV should have its own planetary level destroying summon.

Though I hear tabata is a fan of FF6 and OPs pic is probably their recreation of the Crusaders summon.

>HD Next gen show case and every single summon looks badass and impressive so far

Fair enough. I do love the summoning sequences a lot in FFXV so far. I can't wait to see diamond dust.

I also forget about FF12's summons. I liked their design a lot, but FF12's (and FF13 to mention it I guess) summons felt a little too different. Valefor and Ixion felt like they could have appeared in any previous installments, alongside Shiva and Ifrit. FF12 had SMT-tier monstrosities while FF13 had mechanical abominations.

I see no reason why the leaker that was on here a few weeks back is wrong. The devs are still struggling with major parts of the game just three months until launch. The game graphically looks very poor. The combat system keeps getting changed. Even the story changes between trailers. It's like they're in a constant state of insecurity. Even the E3 demo looked rushed. And that's a demo they can be really clever with how to show off. The more I see from XV the less I want it.

Not having a PC version makes it even worse since the game is going to be what Dragon's Dogma was on PS3 in terms of performance. That's my two cents on XV.

Ixion is on Ramuhs staff. I personally liked in XIII the summons were controllable and had the supermoves. Wish they could keep it that way but would be too technical for XV DESU.

have we seen the entire titan fight already? every five second scene of the titan fight SE shows makes it look like its going to be one of the craziest fights ever. there's a five second scene of titan running towards the player, but he's like a mile away. shit is still terrifying because he's huge and a mile to him is probably just a few meters to us.

Link to this supposed leaker?

I'm sure everyone could have guessed XVs development wasn't going smooth. I think the Xbox One demo ran really well and looked good as well especially with all those effects going off.

as for the combat they are trying to have multiple solutions for everyone, different button layouts, wait mode, etc.

They are trying to hold a lot back with the marketing this time around. Gamescom we should be seeing the final product, thats where they will showcase leviathan fight.

They had my day 1 purchase when I saw hunts were in.

They had me at day one purchase ten years ago, but the hunts definitely cemented my purchase. Bounty hunting is some of my favorite parts of games, especially FF12.

We have not seen the entire Titan fight no. Tabata said they just had a slice of the fight and casualized it during the E3 demo so everyone could play it through. The titan running part is probably after you already own him and you summon him.

He was anonymous but im sure people copied and pasted his leak its everywhere neogaf gamefaqs

>They are trying to hold a lot back with the marketing this time around
And yet they are going all out with various merchandise and products related to FFXV. You're saying they're being poor marketers on purpose which I don't believe. SE is betting everything on this.

When will Square realise that the plain white background with the Final Fantasy logo in the middle is the BEST boxart for the FF games? I was disgusted when this piece of shit came out.

what i think is really cool about ffxv is that summoning is not an actual ability, but a triggered event. each summon will come to your aid based on circumstances, you can't just spam them. Ramuh, for example, only appears if he's equipped and the party is nearly about to die. Carbuncle is supposedly one of two things: a summon that works similarly to Ramuh where it appears when you are near death and super heals your party OR its not a combat summon at all and unlocks certain secrets within the world when its summoned.

I've always hated the white backgrounds, though FF7's is pretty decent, maybe just because of how iconic it is.

pic related is the best box art for a FF game and its how every FF box art should be.

Do proceed to google it. There's one posted on gamefaq. And please don't bring the leaks here. Don't turn this good thread to shit. Please.

How much mercy of Lightning do you think Toriyama has?

I bet he has a realdoll made up to look like her. He probably dresses up in her clothes, too.

Characters on boxes are the new thing now unfortunatley, we will never have something sexy like ever again

The way I see it. Summons is the actual limit break. Armiger is just Noctis latent ability. I hope they nerf the summons a bit.

ok

Hold back on marketing as in not show much of the game, they've been showing Duscae since 2014 and they finally showed off Altissia which isn't even the half point of the game, the half point is using the Train to get to Niflehiem.

The EU cover of the vanilla release wasn't that bad either.

I 100% agree with this user. FFXII might not be the best FF, but it has far and away the best boxart. My god that steel case is pure sex.

test

mercy = merch

New thing? FF7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 all have them. If you want the plain logo the cover can be reversed.

Nah I think we will see a full on limit break.

The original summon is Lightning

Just to clarify, I meant the white background with Amano's art on the front. So the EU cover of FFXII is fine, and so is FFXIII-2.

>Bounty hunts

Fuck yes gimmie my monster hunter FF.

change.org/p/square-enix-square-enix-localize-dragon-quest-11-to-the-west-once-released .

Anyone else get the cozy VIII vibe from XV?

I've avoided nearly all XV discussion over the years so it has possibly been discussed but I still want to know. Just hit me today, I keep wandering why I wanted to play VIII all of a sudden after watching all the XV E3 videos. I'm not even a VIIIfag. Then I realized that I associate cars and roads with VIII. It was the first FF with a populace that had widely adopted combustion-powered, ground-based vehicles.

VII had roads within cities but humanity existed in secluded pockets, I know there wasn't a lot of inter-region travel despite what later games and films might say. It was hard as fuck for me to get around and I ran with a hole mob of killers, those regular fucks weren't making regular treks between cities let alone paving roads.

No, VIII's populace were the first dudes to really burn rubber. But there's more to it then this, not that they're all related. Not at all. It's just a vibe, but there's something about the landscape as well. The coastal plains, it's not the the thick overgrown vegetation of Spira--reminds me of VIII too.

Is there anything else? Any VIII bros feeling the vibe?

Oh there was a gas or fuel consumption meter in VIII, wasn't there? I can find a pick of it, but I remember there being this feature. And XV has a gas meter too. Is there refueling as well?

How do you guys think luna/Stella will fit into the plot now?
It seems the star crosses lovers thing was dropped long ago,but from what I've seen in trailers she won't be doing much.
Maybe she'll die or be sacrificed in some manner? Or maybe she's a secret party member for later in the game? (I only say so since I'm still being optimistic and we haven't seen too much)
She kinda looks like a healer,but I remember in one of the trailers she seemed to be able to summon a leviathan. That couldve also been something else though like a ritual of sorts.

Nobody is falling for this XV-kun. Everyone can spot your MS Paint pictures now.

wow this looks like a lot of fun, why has Sup Forums been shittng on about how this game is no longer good

But I put so much effort into changing the colour of the background :^)

>a civil FFXV discussion thread

Never EVER going to happen. If you even say the combat looks a mess, pic related will swoop in and destroy the thread.

Also, that's not the final box art is it? Where's a logo?

Yeah even the hotels and train stations give me a VIII vibe.

It must suck to live in America.

Hopefully she turns on you early on and the rest of the game allows you to date a selection of NPCs, including your gay boy band.

I want Ignis.

I'm sure everyone sees the comfy feels from XV roadtrip, I never seen an rpg execute this idea.
Yes you do have to refill gas but it won't be too costly so it doesn't get in the way.

Tabata once said we would be fighting along side her at one point with her party, no clue when tho. Luna is the oracle who speaks with the gods and holds of the plague of darkness.
I don't care too much about her design she pretty enough for me, but as for her role Tabata has a lot to prove. Love/Rivalry was such a good idea.

Shhh we will enjoy it it. that is all.

By release i'm sure there will be some flaw no game is absolute, but there will be enough good to outweigh the bad I'm sure of it.

Only after 1997 when Europe started getting most of the games Americans got too. And even then that's debatable.

Reversable cover art, has the ffxv logo and nothing else.

FFVII had a good NA cover though.

That's what I'd prefer.

What an insipid complaint that would be--complaining is for women btw, men have no use for it. Instead of crying about something as material as box art I could just print the images I like on the paper I desire. Just like that. Problem solving. As men do, son. As men do.

Just the logo should be the default. Why are americans so autistic and only pay attention to things with armed fighters/explosions on the cover?

How unfortunate that Final Fantasy post '97 is targeted to women as much as it is men, perhaps even more so.

>XV targeting women

Blame Mat Kishimoto, he made the boxart