Steam sale anticipation thread

Steam sale anticipation thread.

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=GKiMYH9bHcY

What are you all hoping to pick up this year? Do you think this year's sale will be as shit as last year's?

Other urls found in this thread:

whenisthenextsteamsale.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wwhen does it start?. im waiting

10 am pdt

Steam store always updates at 1 PM EST or 10 AM west coast time since Valve is based in Seattle

DMC4SE
Revengance or transformers devastation if its cheap enough
Maybe CSGO
I have enough games on steam I haven't played and I need to save some dosh for ZTD.

I hate living in LA then, i wanna get it over with already

wait it starts tomorrow?

I'm hoping for the TMNT game to go on sale

i just want doom, total warhammer and strangers of sword city

>Activision will never put CoD 1-4 at non-jewish prices

The bunny with tits game

I want to get nazi zombie trilogy for my friend so me and my bros can get a full 4 person game going

>Do you think this year's sale will be as shit as last year's?

Yes but, the sales are only shitty for me personally because I have everything I've ever wanted from steam.

Gonna finally get Civ 5. I'm a console shitter largely, so I don't use my PC much, but Stellaris has gotten me back into that style of strategy game, and I'd like to play one that isn't quite as aggravating as Stellaris is.

Make sure you get the expansions with it. It kinda sucks without Brave New World.

Get civ 4 instead

Probably picking up pic related because it reminds me a lot of one childhood game I used to play.
Also hoping for 50% off witcher 3

Aren't the old games full of hackers anyways? Wouldn't mind playing WaW again if there is anyone still playing it that isn't a hacker.

give it to me straight, what about Darius Burst? Any chance for a good discount? its pretty old now.

>prices stay the same for the whole sale
>no more flash sales and daily deals

isn't it cheaper to buy from sites like kinguin or g2a and much more easier?

That's what I've heard.

I already have it; I've heard good things about Brave New World, which is why I want to try out Civ 5. I appreciate the suggestion though.

hello my fellow LA friend

flash sales are no longer a thing because steam does refunds now. It's worth it in my opinion

I predict that it is going to suck like last time.

might as well get it for the novelty of being that hacker

I want dawn of discovery gold to go on sale but it never will

Opinions and suggestions are well received just want a reason to stop playing FFXIV for a while

Dying Light for $20 or less.

I know there's no way that'll happen for that + the DLC.

I hope for Witcher 3 for 20€

I've got work today, is it possible to buy games on my phone?

There is a steam app, so probably.

You have three weeks, fucking faggot.

wtf? That's almost 12 hours away...these fucking threads are confusing me

Tonight at 7 in the evening, yuropoor time?
I'm ready.

6 pm eurocuck time here lad

add me on steam senpai terrorrizor

RE 1 and 4

>buying single player games

Its like you hate money

I'll buy anythign with good rating and achievements... Am I a bad person?

I'm keeping whenisthenextsteamsale.com/ on one of my monitors and just waiting to be disappointed...

RED TEAM RULES

alright gives me yer id

Super Motherload is a game that exists and is on Steam, user

I would like to beg for a game with good ost boss battleru pls gomenasai arigatou

Hoping for dark souls 2 or 3. Not sure what else I could look out for.

Dark souls 3 mostly

Ahh, remember when those purplefags were going on about winning all of it?

>The Bitcher 1 and maybe 3 if it's really cheap
>Layers of Fear
>Pathologic
>SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT
>Rochard
>REmake
>The Magic Circle
>Rainbow Six Siege
>Dragon's Dogma

How's my wish list looking?

>What I'm wanting
Some horror games, maybe a VN or two
>What I know we're all getting
Nonstop begging threads, or begging flooding the steam sale threads

I don't know how a sale can be shit, when it does what it's supposed to. Sell games at low prices.

So, what made 2015 shit when compared to other previous sales?

>I hate living in LA then, i wanna get it over with already
>being this dense

so instead of getting to wait until 2pm like people on the east coast, you have to deal with the sale at 10am local time?
>you realize that, relative to your time zone, you get the sale the earliest - save maybe Hawaii or something - right?

>you get the sale the earliest
so?

terrorrizor, because i'm 12y/o at heart

So I finally have a non toaster PC and so now can actually play more taxing games. Catching up on alot of stuff that's already come and gone and it got me thinking, how much of your enjoyment of a game comes from community? Like shitposting here or talking with other friends who play the game or anything else.

Civ IV is better than Civ V...
>BTS is the best expansion for 4

Really though, the mechanics of the games are pretty different between them. You won't have a seamless transition to V. I haven't played V in years, but pic related:
>map is crap, harder to manage
>hard to get lots of good data on production and such
>bombardment system is the only benefit
>feels more animated/cartoonish than realistic
>lots of the old-timer strategies don't apply to it/the actual mechanics of the game are deceptively different

The refund policy ended flash and daily deals, resulting in the sales prices being meh overall.

Yeah, I would know because I do the same

you were complaining that you hate being in LA because you don't want to wait...

but really, you're in the most advantageous position, since you get it early in the day - relatively

in other words, you're complaining about something you should be happy about
>tl;dr you're stupid

>Activision will never bundle all the DLC zombie maps at a decent price

Civ IV is definitely a better game than Civ V overall. Also, Fall From Heaven 2 might be the best mod of all time.

>mfw it's the 23rd here already
>almost 5pm

Why do we have to wait for you cucks.

How is the AI in that mod?

How does a refund policy fuck up sales?

because 30,000 people buy a game then the next day it gets a flash sale and they all want a refund to buy it at the cheaper price.

I'll pick up some stuff on G2A for even less after the sale.

no nigga, i gotta go to school, living that college life son, i'd rather have it at midnight

Well, I was never a super-high-level Civ player, so I can't really compare the AI to vanilla very well. Overall the mod is designed to be much tougher than the base game, though.

Oh, now I get what you mean. Sorry, senpai

looking forward to finally getting Xcom and playing it blackout drunk, it looks comfy as shit, just sucks that it never goes under $8.

ohhhhhhh that makes sense

So, you don't know, thanks.

bump

may even buy some jap games cause of you guys

I'm not that other user but sure thing.

Because imagine you buy a game on the first day of the sale, and then the next day it's on a bigger sale.

You'll naturally refund it. Now imagine thousands of people doing this, it would flood the refund requests, giving valve a shit ton of extra work.

So now instead of insane flash deals, we get subpar sales the entire time

free with xbox gold rn if you wanna try it out

to clarify it annoys me a lot because i'm aware it was free at one point.

I'm getting sprite packs for Hearts of Iron. There's nothing I want that I'll be able to afford(like Doom).

don't have one, thanks anyway.

How rude!

>tfw I'm satisfied with the games I already have
Might get Assetto Corsa if it's sub $20 since rfactor isn't getting as much mod support nowadays, MAYBE Dirt Rally, Project Nimbus will probably go for sub $10, and I might consider MAV if the price is right.

Alright I added Jew

cenk?

>tfw Paypal has partnered with Trustly in the EU - a shady as fuck company that logs into your bank account and does the transaction for you

Goddamn it, now I have to wait up to 3 week days to send money to my paypal account. No way I'm giving my credit card number to Steam.

Will probly give these a shot if they are atleast 50%, can always hope for more.

havent given a shit about steam sales in atleast 2 years so hopfully these are hidden gems to me

honestly, i've played the game since around 2007 off-and-on, but for almost the entire time, I play:
>Terra map type
>Longest and biggest settings

Terra gives you a Europe-type continent with all the civs on it, then once you have caravels/carracks, you can send an explorer across to the "new world" that's about as big, but has nobody on it.

i found as many religions as I can
>money from holy buildings
i get caravels first
>fuck all other techs
i explore the continent without anyone interfering
>all those huts = techs, money, etc.
i get at least a settler or two
>first colonies
i expand over the whole continent before anyone else can ever get there
>control the Americas, Europe is divided among all of them
relocate capital
>lowers costs

i end up with a huge tech advantage and a huge population/area advantage, and because i have so many cities, i can dominate anyone militarily

i like building up a civilization at this point - setting up great cities with perfect improvements, connecting everything, and basically just playing an ideal game. i have no military fears, and can just build up a great "civilization"

>Get game on sale
>Want to play it outside steam because I'm always traveling
>Go on a trip
>Launch steam in offline mode
>Doesn't work
>Spend a few weeks away from home and without my games
>All I have left is fapping after work is finished

This is why I sometimes buy from gog, DRM free games are nice.

WaW on PC isn't hacked maliciously, but most of the lobbies are boring tactical crouch servers.

There's only one good vanilla TDM server with active player base. It's 44 player, so it can get a little chaotic at times, but it's definitely fun.

>made 60 euro on selling team switching coins
Thanks Sup Forums

Who? Do you mean that fucker from TYT?

>not trusting steam with your card

if anything ever happened, which it wouldn't, your bank would go to bat for you.

I like how your black text contradicts your green text.

>Launch steam in offline mode
>Doesn't work

ok

swag, now get ready to be notified of the really shitty games i play desu

Just noticed this. Dafuk?

I can gift you batman if you want

>no flash sales
>no daily deals

So the sales are now just three week long discounts?
That is so fucking stupid ... I hope they have some great deals to make up for that retardation.

>mfw I have ZERO use for the return policy

So lads, think any of these will go in actual discount this summer?

It's even worse with Q2 and its expansions, always at full price or just a measly 50% reduction.

now im looking forward to it less...damn

same here familia, 7pm