Are these games even good? Or is it just nostalgia?

Are these games even good? Or is it just nostalgia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8LkB4j5hYiw&app=desktop
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

Though for some reason Sup Forums has a retarded stigma against Warped despite it being a fantastic game.

They're fun

its because warped spends less time on straight platforming than the previous two games. if you like platformers, that's disappointing. you don't play a platformer for a jetski or motorcycle section. especially not a biplane section, either.

of course the levels where warped is doing platforming are fine. they're good enough. it's just that it spends a little too much time doing not platforming.

They're okay. I play 2 a lot for nostalgia.

It's never the same as back then though.

Yes, especially CTR

i always thought they were kinda of overrated, spyro is much better 2bh

oh boy here we go

No they all sold 6 million and 2 and 3 rated in the 90s on review aggregate sites. Your opinion is in a very small minority or you're a scared Nintendrone fearful of Mario getting blown the fuck out.

>Your opinion
I was asking a question. Calm down you fucking knuckle-dragger.

1 is the best ''game'' of the bunch
2 ramps up the difficulty and control scheme but I can't help that it just makes the game feel like it actively annoys the player
3 is okay, easier than the bunch if you're just going for the crystals, it's a complete fucking nightmare if you're going for anything else, those motorbike levels and time trials can suck my fucking cock.

2>1>3

Fight me

yup.
although as a kid I played 3 the most.

There's nothing special about them. The only people who thought they were good were people who were starting gaming on a PS1.

yes
2 is a 10/10
1 is a 8/10
3 is a 7/10

What was the one with the biplane dogfight level? That's basically all I've ever played of this series since I never owned a PS1 (aside from the level in Uncharted 4)

The games are what I wanted 3D Mario to be for decades until I finally got 3D Land//World.

2 = 3 > 1 >>>>>>> Twinsanity >>> Shit > The rest
Not counting the karting games

Yes, and they got better with each game, same with the Spyro trilogy

one of the best platformer trilogies out there, rivaled only by Spyro in terms of 3D platformers.

great level design, and difficulty varies. puts the player's skills to the test if you want to 100%

>Crash 1's save system, and requirements for 100% are a problem though.

2>3>1

Why does no one mention Tag Team Racing? I remember it being pretty great for a later Crash game.

1 is a bit rough around the edges
2 is a great game
3 is also great but with added gimmick levels that are fun
CTR is the best kart racing game of its era

2 had shitty vehicle sections also. I'll take any vehicle section in Warped over the jetpack bullshit in 2.

Tag Team was fucking shit
the racing was bad
the characters were horrible versions of themselves, and they fell out of character and into lazy soulless parade of themselves.
>Mr. T Crunch
>Igor/Zombie N. Gin

and they introduced new characters that made no sense and were unnecessary

exploring the park was fine, and Crash's alt costumes were fun

*parody

Warped has lots of gimmicky shit instead of actual platforming.

Tiger > Bike > Ski > Brain Damage > Plane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Underwater

>Ski better than the Bike
if you like torturing yourself with those fucking awful Bike levels

I always actually liked the plane sections. Definitely better than the jet ski levels

No one mentions the GBA games either. Those were pretty fun.

crash 3 gets really dumb towards the end with super spin + double jump

They were actually really good platformers, especially if you played them back in a day on PSX.

That one level in CB1 when you run away from stone was totally hilarious.
But, a lot of good games were released since then and now and people like different games, so you can probably find much better platformer.
Yet, I dont think you will find Crash boring(i played 1 & 2 back in 1997?!96?!)

god i hope so.
i need a good old game after buying Star Wars Bounty Hunter, slogging through the first level with those awful controls and camera, and realizing it was all just nostalgia.

Most overlooked platformer of the era, literally my favorite game of all time behind SMRPG

More like Trash Bandicoot

More like Rrash Manditoot

The first one is shite and annoying. The rest are great.

only good crash game prove me wrong

They're good, a large part of the appeal is it's non-kid friendly persona, it's like the game was made for an audience older than the usual people bunch who play platformers. It also has great art direction, music and memorable characters, gameplay is fun and doesn't hold your hand too.

Well I can't prove you wrong, but it's not the only good Crash game, just the best one.

ok

Crash 1, 2 Warped, and Bash exist

done

1 > CTR > 2 > Warped
desu senpai

This is just a poor man's Diddy Kong Racing

This

Why is 1 better than 2 on your list? 2 is objectively the best one.

1 is a lot more challenging and has less gimmicks. I also prefer the overall theme in 1.
Therefore, I consider 1 the best game in the series. You clearly don't know what objectivity is.

Ah okay, I can concede preferring for those reasons I guess.

I prefer 2 and it expands on the best parts of 1.

No real need to here we go. They were both lovely and fun in their own way.

Crash
>skill based
>challenging levels, some with 0 mercy especially in crash1
>Gauntlet running and platforming
>fun

Spyro
>Not that hard, relaxing fun
>exploration hell yeah!
>Open levels
>fun

Both
>Platforming
>collecting
>enjoying
>nostalgiaing

That's correct. No need to fight.

Though crash 3 has the best final battle.

1 also has control issues and save system issues.
2 is objectively better with its only technical flaw being the botched ice physics.

More like Spyro

Yes, that is also correct.

Remaster gameplay when?

More like only 90's kids will remember this

>Twinsanity that low
Twinsanity was fucking awesome and ranks as high as the original trilogy.

>Rating Crash Bash that low

You really should kill yourself to be quite really honest with you my famalam.

>CTR is the best kart racing game ever
ftfy

>average crash fan.

take a chill pill, friend. get cozy in your furry costume, get some chamomile tea and relax.

he looks more like a fox than a bandicoot to be really quite honest with you family

1 = 2 = 3 > Twinsanity = CTR > GBA games > Wrath of Cortex >>>>> Shit Titan games

Crash is fun, but it puts me on edge. Spyro is pretty god damn easy, but the comfy feels are off the chart.

youtube.com/watch?v=8LkB4j5hYiw&app=desktop

3's bosses were easily the best in the series. 1 had a couple ok ones, but they were severely limited in scope, and most took place on a 2D (or almost 2D) plane. Music was cool, but not really "boss fight cool".

2's bosses were pretty bad, Tiny was a good fight and an evolution of Ripper Roo (the same cannot be said for the actual Ripper Roo fight in 2), N.G was also pretty good abiet gimmicky fight. Roo, Komodo Bro's and especially cortex were extremly lame fights. But I feel the production value and music was improved and felt more "boss fighty".

3 had great fights, Tiny, Dingodile, N.Tropy and Cortex were all fantastic fights that used different aspects of normal gameplay, and N.Gin was alright for a mandatory gimmick vechile boss. Plus the production value and music was top notch, especially since they talked to you throughout the levels leading up to them.

> Overall quality
2>1>3

> Difficulty to beat
1>2>3

> Difficulty to 100% (or 105%, whatever fully complete was)
1>3>>>>>> Story (lol)
3>1>2

> Level design
2>1>3

> Bosses
3>1>2

> Music
2>1>3

> level themes
1>2>3

> Quality of rideable animal
Hog>Bear>Tiger

Why do people always ignore the games that weren't on the Playstation. Twinsanity was good. Tag Team Racing was fun. The GBA games are okay.

CTR is better than any Mario Kart game.

I believe that's Crash 3
and wrath of cortex

They are good. Just play them.

The original Crash Bandicoot is the best in the trilogy, but the plebs here will do what they can to try and convince you otherwise. The majority of complaints are in response to mechanics that are there to ensure the game is difficult and challenging. Sup Forums doesn't like when games challenge them. They like when games make them feel badass. They prefer games with short challenges they can repeat ad nauseum until the muscle memory sets in. They don't like grand challenges that actually require them to use any type of skill.

That is why Crash Bandicoot is the superior game.

1 had the best story. The islands literally tell you a story meanwhile others are just collect crystals and shit.

Any of the PlayStation Crash games are better than all of the Uncharted games combined.

They were great for their time.
Still fun but didn't really aged well.
Too much hype for what it is.

They are great. So great the remasters they are developing feel totally unecessary.

Does other kart vidya also do single player like CTR does?

I tried this series out a few months ago, beat the first one and hated it & #2 while it improved a lot and I didn't hate it like the first one I couldn't get into it & dropped it. Glad the bandicoot is somewhat making a comeback with those remasters though now if only Spyro had a chance to.

>3 had great fights

This is goes to me

2=3>1=CTR>Bash>Twinsanity>Wrath of cortex

I played both MoM and CoT, and i was disapointed with them, especially with how quick me and my sister beat MoM, two hours.

Bash's crate crush was fun, but fuck those ball challenges, they were the devil's work.

Yes, only Nintendobabbies disagree.

Crash 1 and 2 a still brilliant.

Crash 3 has aged a little worse than its prequels, but still great.

Why? It's just right.

You have to use your imagination quite a bit for Crash 1's story, though. I hope if they actually do a "from the ground up" remaster of Crash 1-3, they will make a little bit of story for Crash's journey in Crash 1.

This is spot on.

/vr/ has grown a massive hate boner for Crash Bandicoot the last year.

what animal was he again

We all think it's a great game, it's just that when people rate it as the best Crash game then that's where they're wrong.

A crash, you dummy.

Could be worse. Could be like the cancerous majority of fans who consider Twinsanity the best in the series, which is just plain blasphemy.

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, Warped & CTR are good games. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Based Europe.

Japan got the best Crash 1 cover, though. He looks like such a redneck with that grin in the other versions.

1 is complete shit
2 is the best
3rd is good has more variety but is not as good as 2

> 1 is complete shit

Learn 2 Dpad, scrub

I love how edgy the Warped art is in America

>Shit eating grin
>Motocycle
>Holding a Bazooka
>Coco holding on wishing she wasn't related to him so she could jump his bones

At least the europe one makes it more obvious he's in the 50's

That's the European one

PSX didn't have analog stick. Don't try to school me kid.

That's the Euro one

Whoops I got them mixed up, I mean the Europe one is the edgy one.

It's the opposite. It's Europe that has the over the top one, for once.

I think it's because some European executives liked the pyramid levels and wanted that on the cover. Besides, the European cover, covers more of the game's settings and features.

Every Crash game after 1 supported analog control, because they came out after the first analog controller was released.

>mfw sonyponys think their shit fur bait excuses for franchises are in any way shape or form anything other than complete and utter dirty brown water trash

Rehash bandisloot, shy pooper, ratshit and stank, ballsac and haxtar, isharted and so many other shitty franchises are complete ass and the only reason anyone thinks they're anything close to not the functional equivalent of a heaping mound of garbage is because they were the few games that took more than 20 minutes to beat among the mountain of shovel ware shit that got dumped on the wobbleststion 2 which is all you played with when you were kids because your family was to fucking poor to buy anything other than some two bit nip cuck mediocre DVD player

Fuck off faggots

> TFW seen this copypasta 3 times already

Recently 105% Warped and I'd give it a 6/10. Very bland aesthetically and some levels were downright awful and consisted of just waiting around for hazards to go (underwater, Arabian etc)