New Vegas Thread

No New Vegas thread? Let's have one.

Pic related, the best rifle in the game.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4pcxui/for_anyone_who_has_recently_bought_or_is_thinking/
pastebin.com/nBaNgySn
youtube.com/watch?v=IPlV8V13X3Q
blog.wilshipley.com/2011/01/why-i-hate-new-vegas.html
youtube.com/watch?v=itc8yl9uLD8
youtube.com/watch?v=HXlrqM1N9No
youtube.com/watch?v=NCkwAgTcDBw
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Robo-scorpion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't bother, it's dead right now. Wait a while.

it sure is

There's a front page post on Reddit right now where the general consensus is F4 is inferior to New Vegas. That made me feel good.

>Reddit

>going on reddit
booo

Fuck off redditor. Your kind aren't welcome around here.

psst, link?

I'm sure there are retards that say that Biowares take on RPGs is superior to Obsidians.

reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4pcxui/for_anyone_who_has_recently_bought_or_is_thinking/

It's your average reddit discussion.

That's not the All American though.

I don't use reddit.
I clicked on that link. Saw the first chain of comments (or whatever you call it).

I have no words. Is this what reddit really is ? A permanent circlejerk of unfunny jokes and retards thinking they're being smart and witty ?

Yeah kinda like Sup Forums

New Vegas converted to Fallout 4 Engine when?
So far tbe only thing that's been made is bunch of Ncr Ranger clone mods. Not many Legion stuff either.

>Tacticool camo shit

Nah

It is clear that Sup Forums was heavily influenced and is populated by retarded hugboxers, that's for sure.

Good thing I don't browse this sad excuse of a board much anymore.

That really is the average reddit discussion.

Discussion on here is shit but at least it's real discussion.

woodland camo isn't tacticool. most parts of the world have foliage.

Does anybody else get a bit nervous when approaching House for the first time in a playthrough?

On my very first playthrough, yeah definitely.

Now that I know everything about him though, not so much.

>reinstall NV
>mod the shit out of it like always
>after many hours of getting everything to work I get missing models everywhere
>lose motivation

Is reinstalling the only way to fix having a shit ton of missing models?

As if the normal brush gun wasn't OP enough.
One of my favorites was definitely the 50 cal. Also a Light Shining in the Darkness. I liked that gun so much I made the standard 1911 have similar stats in GECK, and started rebalancing all the pistols around that. Let everyone in the wasteland wreak havoc with all their glorious OP bullshit.

I could never play FO3 or NV because I keep getting the sliding bug where you keep moving in the direction you were going for almost a full second after you let go of the movement key. It's a common bug that makes them unplayable and Bethesda apparently never bothered to try and fix it.

Sometimes you can fix it yourself in GECK or by uninstalling what's causing you issues but it really is a pain in the dick. Try uninstalling mods and reverting to older saves.

Also try mods that encompass a lot of things together. Me personally I dabbled A LOT modding FO3. Downloaded a bunch of shit, I rebalanced the guns, armor, basically everything. It was a lot of fun. Most of it worked, there were a few hiccups here and there. I'm gonna try reinstalling the game on my new drive and just stick with Wanderer's Edition since it compiles a lot of shit together.
I just hope it works with the 1911 mod...that's literally the only other thing I want. Gun is too sexy not to be in the game.

strange, try any unofficial patches? Shit never happened to me in vanilla.

If you haven't played either you really are missing out. They're both terrific games in their own unique ways...definitely each with their own unique flaws as well

Thanks aye, I'll give that a try.

posting my list of mods as usual

pastebin.com/nBaNgySn

I'll look into that, thanks. Though IIRC, the unoffical patches didn't fix it. It had something to do with the game engine disagreeing with hardware.

Why the fuck did Obsidian get lazy with balance and just level scaled all the enemies in the DLCs?

I have to do a playthrough where I use VATS all the time.

Schmexy.

Yeah, pretty much. The main difference between here and there is that criticism doesn't get automatically censored here and the "snowball effect" for decent posts is less pronounced.

youtube.com/watch?v=IPlV8V13X3Q

>the only thing that was superior in fallout 3

why wasn't there a west coast tunnel snakes chapter?

Mmmmmm yessssss

>all american
You must be pver the age of 18 to post on this site

Survivalist rifle is what straight white alpha males use

There pretty much was.

what outfit is that? Is that from honest hearts?

>not knowing Graham's armour by sight

>follow directions to a T
>This happens

ugh

Also is there any specific order you should install certain type of mods to avoid errors if that makes sense?

All American was pretty disappointing for me. It was a multitool; it could do long/medium/short range but there were other options that did each thing better. I kept it around only to make sure my 5.56 ammo didn't weigh me down.

>tfw the kings weren't considered their own faction you could help ascend to power

my one major issue with the entire game.

The same could be said for the Boomers, Khans, Brotherhood, etc.
The Kings are almost meaningless. in the grand scheme of things. No one gives a shit about Freeside.

What do you guys think of this?

blog.wilshipley.com/2011/01/why-i-hate-new-vegas.html

>blog
I think I don't care.

I didn't know Trudy was a cancer patient

But the boomers were isolationists, they wouldn't want to run the wasteland even if they could

Khans were refugee-tier, honestly the powder gangers had more power than them i never got when anybody gave a shit about them considering most of them were dead

>Actually liked the F3 intro

Worthless opinion

Sunny is too.
The fallout gave them cancer.

>>the only thing that was superior in fallout 3

Not the only thing.

No song in NV touches me more than this: youtube.com/watch?v=itc8yl9uLD8

plus
>Enclave is cooler than The Legion
>Malcolm McDowell as President Eden is better than any voice acting in New Vegas, even though Dave Foley is utterly fantastic as Yes Man.
>More power armour choices

Yeah,
Fallout 4

>>follow directions to a T
>>This happens

Give me link to Skinhead bar mod on the Nexus.

yeah, use FOMM and do the load order check and if that fails look up some preset guide

youtube.com/watch?v=HXlrqM1N9No

>more emotionally invested in FO3 then New Vegas because you have a father

>Benny is a "dandy cowboy-dude"

I just wanted to be a savage wasteland loli user. I didn't know I'd give them cancer.

I am doing an RP of an 80's cartoon character soon (Anime or western).

7 decides my character and what I have to do.
Dubs triumph over 7 of course.

>>Actually liked the F3 intro

I liked the FO3 intro. I played NV first, seeing all those vaults and the people who came from them. Those people stood out as weird, from another world almost.

So then I start a game in FO3, knowing nothing about it, and it's inside of a vault. That was cool. I got to see what life was like inside of the vaults. It felt safe too, cozy, clean, impenetrable. It felt like a privilege because I didn't have any clue about what was outside, other than it being horrific out there.

Starting the game as a toddler was an interesting idea, and it being where you chose part of your attributes was new and fresh, even though the game was released 7 years ago.

I've never played that intro more than once though. It would probably be really annoying the second time.

>Enclave is cooler than The Legion

you also can't interact with them at all, they are just basic villains. At least you could join the legion

>Malcolm McDowell as President Eden is better than any voice acting in New Vegas, even though Dave Foley is utterly fantastic as Yes Man.
No arguments there

I don't know I liked this song from NV but it only played a few times (DLC)
youtube.com/watch?v=NCkwAgTcDBw

>>More power armour choices
3 and NV have the same amount of power armors.

>I just wanted to be a savage wasteland loli user. I didn't know I'd give them cancer.

You- You gave them cancer, user.

I'm not going to read that blog, but the screenshot has a point, even if it's a shitty. misdirected point. The other games make it so you're personally invested in what's happening, while NV is more of a random character plopped into a world that doesn't give a shit about you and it's up to the character to decide what they want to do with it. The courier's motivation is up to the player and how they want to roleplay.

I wish NV would have kept the option to just head back to NCR at Outpost because it would have driven this point home much better.

The main complaint is that it is too long and rail roads your character.

You are specifically told that you are 18 when you leave the vault, limiting some RP potential. NV opening... you are a courier who got shot in the head.

>gord help you
>it's not a typo because it's in the text multiple times
What?

>"No heart" criticism
Into the trash it goes.

TWENTY

THOUSAND

CAPS

>ignoring wayne newton as Mr. New Vegas

>implying that's lot of money
Poor wastelander fags please leave

What else you gonna spend them on, user?

>7 decides my character and what I have to do.
>Dubs triumph over 7 of course.

Cyborg cowboy. No matter what armour you wear, you always have to have a cowboy hat on. Energy weapons are your main, unarmed is your secondary. Must get all the enhancing implants from Dr. Usanagi. Legion are your worst enemy.

It scales to the level you are at the time of starting it.
If they did it any other way then you would be forced to go in at X level, or it would be too hard, or too easy
There's literally nothing wrong with scaling in this scenario

Is this a mod, or just a worthless render?

>The main complaint is that it is too long

I was ok with the length. You get to see what life might be like for people growing up their entire youth in the vault. Also, the bb gun from dad for your birthday in the reactor area reminded me of going shooting with my dad. It was nice.

>and rail roads your character.

That's not a problem specifically with the intro. The whole main plot railroads your character.

>You are specifically told that you are 18 when you leave the vault, limiting some RP potential. NV opening... you are a courier who got shot in the head.

Yeah. You can create your character to look old too. It messes everything up. The blank slate is better.

~ player.additem f 20000

There you go faggot

It's too long for multiple playthroughs
You do it once or twice, then every time after it's a boring slog.

The main plot DOES railroad your character, that's the problem.

>It's too long for multiple playthroughs
>You do it once or twice, then every time after it's a boring slog.

Yes. I've only done it once. That was my caveat. I thought it was damned clever but even when I was playing it and enjoying the experience I was consciously aware that it could only be good the first time.

>Cyber dogs in Big MT take three .50 cal crits to the head at level 30.

Ridiculous level scaling is ridiculous.

I just did it again when i started up a new game
>found out i missed some pretty cool shit in the game including multiple companions and the fort constantine quest
I hauled ass through the whole opening and it still took 27min or so

If it was like half that time it would be bearable

That seems to be the problem with a lot of Bethesda's games in general, they're starting to care less and less about replay value

That's not what level scaling is. OWB creatures are tough, maybe a little too tough, but it doesn't have anything to do with level scaling.

>the ghost people of dead money when you go in at level 30

I almost had to quit, they soaked up bullets like they were nothing and you don't get a decent gun for the first stretch

Trick is to skip the first comment. No matter what the thread is it's guaranteed to be completely retarded unless it's a sub where the mods are total Nazis

t. Reddit lurker

They die from 1-2 hits from a bear trap, even with unarmed at 15.

>He doesn't know how to play Caravan

>and most importantly, presenting the Capital Wasteland as a lawless, disorganized warzone, two centuries after the war

Wait, how long as there been shit going on in the DC wasteland? Perhaps the Vaults just opened recently so there hasn't been 200 years worth of progress going on?

I know how to play it, but with caps being a non-issue through the entire game, there's not much point to it.

>but it doesn't have anything to do with level scaling
It has everything to do with level scaling you retard

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Robo-scorpion
Look at this shit.
>Robo-Scorpion Mk6
>825 HP
>Robo-Scorpion Mk6b
>900

Legate Lanius only has a fraction more than that. If you go in too late you end up with trash mobs that have final boss tier health.

>1-2 hits

straight up bs m8

Its been awhile but i remember going ham on ghost seekers with that shit to no avail

But it's fun to rob No-Bark every time you traipse through Novac

You realize you're supposed to cripple limbs, right? Bear trap does extra damage to limbs
Crippling ghost limb = dismemberment and instant death

So what you're saying is that this game is too hard for you?

>Crippling ghost limb = dismemberment and instant death

Wait, really?

Elijah tells you
Companions tell you
It's in loading screens
Yes, really. You're not supposed to take their health to 0, you aim for their legs and arms for quick kills.

>I almost had to quit, they soaked up bullets like they were nothing and you don't get a decent gun for the first stretch

The enemies were even worse in Point Lookout from FO3. There are common enemies there with over 400 hitpoints. Even with a laser gatling dealing 75 damage you have to hose them down for three seconds to kill them.

It just feels like the game is jerking your chain. It's not that they are necessarily a mortal threat, it's just a pain in the ass. Killing them takes 3-4 times as long and it's a grind.

aim for the limbs, seems like a crippled arm kills them.

OWB throws all kinds of weapons with robo-killing bonuses at you though, they don't take many whacks with the inversal axe or shots with the pulse gun to take down.

Vault 13 opened in Fallout 1. There were towns and villages with trade routes already established.

I didn't play the first game and yet I know that.

>>He doesn't know how to play Caravan

Never bothered learning.>So what you're saying is that this game is too hard for you?

No. What ends up happening is that you have to shoot

I always wore JG's armor partnered with the First Recon Beret. I, to the disgust of my compatriots, always used the All American.I hardly ever used VATS, so having a multi tool suited my playstyle very well.

They tell you to dismember them after death, not that crippling a limb=instant death.