Discuss why Dawn of War 3 is complete shit? And no damage control faggots 'Early-alpha' is no longer a valid excuse

Discuss why Dawn of War 3 is complete shit? And no damage control faggots 'Early-alpha' is no longer a valid excuse.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5BIZwj2VRDo&ved=0ahUKEwjhtoG1ur3NAhWEWD4KHdeYDhkQtwIIHzAB&usg=AFQjCNGcZySuKrO-sNpH4yQw7xosfBFOQA&sig2=Y4YzkTFLXpMkOvdV4VPEUA
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pre-alpha_version
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't understand why people are whinning. Explain to me point by point what is wrong with what we know about the game already.

Link : google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5BIZwj2VRDo&ved=0ahUKEwjhtoG1ur3NAhWEWD4KHdeYDhkQtwIIHzAB&usg=AFQjCNGcZySuKrO-sNpH4yQw7xosfBFOQA&sig2=Y4YzkTFLXpMkOvdV4VPEUA
Basically they remove the entire framework that made Dawn of War 1 and 2 great and replace it with Moba looking trash. Nobody asked for a fucking Dtarcraft clone.

Are you trying to be a funny guy, Timmy

I could explain, but if you can't tell, what's the point? You won't get what I'm saying anyway.

>Basically they remove the entire framework that made Dawn of War 1 and 2 great
Elaborate
>Link : google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5BIZwj2VRDo&ved=0ahUKEwjhtoG1ur3NAhWEWD4KHdeYDhkQtwIIHzAB&usg=AFQjCNGcZySuKrO-sNpH4yQw7xosfBFOQA&sig2=Y4YzkTFLXpMkOvdV4VPEUA
This is a fucking gameplay video of DoW 2, what is your point ?

Graphic will stay the way they are, deal with it.
We have yet to see the rest of the game so it's best to reserve our judgement until more is revealed.

>I could explain, but if you can't tell, what's the point? You won't get what I'm saying anyway.

Then shut the fuck up if you are not going to say anything don't act like you know everything.

The entire base gameplay involves DOGSHIT starcraft 2 moba trash. The artstyle itself sucks because Warhammer is a universe of gritty grimdark not bright rainbow trash. It's disgusting that Rare thinks they can get away with this.

I don't have any bait images, but here's a (you).

OP, you're displaying poor performance indeed

>I could provide evidence for my claims but I'm worried you'll realize how utterly lacking it is

So you have nothing then.

Alright, fuckboy.

1. "We want to make this the most accessible DoW yet"
2. "We don't want to make it gritty like DoW 2, we want it to be more colourful like the tabletop"
3. "We have created a DoTA inspired hero system"
4. "The CoH2 cover system would be too hectic for DoW3 so we've changed it to small areas like DoW1... but they have HP and can be destroyed"
5. Colourful and cartoony graphics; to work on tablets
6. Terminator Armoured units can jump 15ft in the air
7. Lascannons "do more damage the longer they target an enemy with it's beam" - They have NEVER worked like that, ever. They didn't in DoW1 + Expansions, or DoW2 + Expansions, or Space Marine OR Warhammer: Armageddon, or Final Liberation or Chaos Gate OR the tabletop, but here we are!
8. "DoW3 will be an introduction to the setting for new people" - Oh, neat. Just want fans wanted!
9. 3 factions at the start (DoW1 had 4)
10. Campaign which flicks between the 3 factions, building up to their end game units, instead of being different campaigns like DoW1: Dark Crusade/SoulStorm
11. Mixing of units together, despite, once again, that going against 40k canon and fluff.
12. Knight Titan pilot ordering around a Chapter Master. Again, completely disregarding fluff.
13. Orbital Strikes "do more damage the longer they target an area and the more kills they get", again, disregarding the fluff and canon. They don't and have NEVER worked like that. How the fuck does that even work ANYWAY?

What 'rest of the game'? We've seen in game combat and it looks like shit. The fact it's just gone "lol fuck the source material!" followed by "this is an introduction to 40k for new players" just defeats the fucking point.

>The entire base gameplay involves DOGSHIT starcraft 2 moba trash.
Proofs ?

>The artstyle itself sucks because Warhammer is a universe of gritty grimdark not bright rainbow trash. It's disgusting that Rare thinks they can get away with this.
I have no opinion on this subject since i have alway found warhammer 40k to be gritty and colorful at the same time but screamming that the game will be shit because of that seems a little unreasonable.

>gritty grimdark

Uh huh

Also none of you cucks haven't even played it. The only problem with it is that the textures look like shit, the camera is zoomed out too far, the animations look too floaty and the entire gameplay is basically blob vs blob which is all you retards wanted in the first place

See you cuntbucket. Here is your (You). The fact you're blind and unable to discern this for yourself makes me think you're mentally challenged. But that is the way people get (You)'s on Sup Forums. So here it is, now fuck off.

How did we go from this.....

to THIS?*

*in 9 years of supposed technological advancement

Nice samefag

Also have of that list is autistic bullshit. The only solid arguments you have against the game is

>mixing of units
>garbage terrain textures
>animations that don't make sense like the terminator leaping in the air

That's basically it. You fucks kept whining about the DoW2 cover system and game style, yet now that they're going to DoW1 style of gameplay you bitch and moan even though it's what everyone kept asking for.

Yeah 3 factions is shitty but what the fuck did you expect? It's been like that since forever. If by now you don't expect the rest of the factions to come out as expansions then you're fucking retarded and have no one but yourself to blame for that. Also implying that Relic won't pull the usual bullshit of "greater ebil behind the scenes" and throw in chaos or some other evil faction

Also fucking lmao at that shit about the campaigns. Are you seriously using DC and SS as strong points?

>Can't refute it, better just call it autistic!

Less graphic detail to support more models on screen.
You wanted massive scale armies, right? This is what needs to happen for you to have it.

>I actually have no arguments outside of stupid nitpicking

here's your (You)

Oh jeez man it's like they're different landscapes or something

>3. "We have created a DoTA inspired hero system"
oh my fuck
we've come full fucking circle

Of course it was a samefag you fucking retard, I replied to you instead of typing it out again. Holy fuck man.

I never moaned about DoW2 cover system. Maybe you have me confused with somebody else? I never moaned about DoW2 game either, in fact, I've played more DoW2 than I have of DoW1. Maybe, again, your headmates are confusing you?

And no, it hasn't been like that forever. DoW1 was Space Marines, Eldar, Chaos Space Marines and Orks. Winter Assault added Imperial Guard and expanded Chaos Space Marines roster (Khorne Berserkers for example).

Yet somehow, Total War can pull off both good graphics and thousands upon thousands on screen, but DoW can't?

Wasn't me, fucknut.

>I'm willing to take a cock down my throat AND my ass, complaining it's covered in dried cum and smegma is 'nitpicking'

Wow.

This is bullshit. DoW is PC exclusive and anyone who actually cares about games will have a decent pc that can run shit easily. For the faggots that dont have a decent enough system but still want to play, turn the fucking settings down.

DoW3 will be moba bait shit. The complete change in visuals and their reason for it "easier to see whats going on" contradicts itself with all the massive flashy effects going on. Just look at the gameplay trailer its hard to tell what the fuck is happening.

>Yet somehow, Total War can pull off both good graphics and thousands upon thousands on screen, but DoW can't?
Different games, different play styles, different developers, different fucking universes.

>Nice samefag

Nice shitpost. What was he suppose to do? I'm astounded that you've started a post with that. Have my (You), that's top work, I'm going to use it from now on. Autistically shout 'samefag' even when that's the whole point, get me some easy (You)'s.

>9. 3 factions at the start (DoW1 had 4)
This is pretty shit. I guess it's understandable since there are so many in the TT that it'd be impossible to fit them all in, but it's still shit. Too bad.

The only thing you listed that matters is developers, and all that means is that DoW's developers are less competent.

I dont have an issue with the art style because I'm not an autistic sperg and can still enjoy a non-grimdark looking 40k game, but all this talk of making it accessible, having these armies which level up, and dota heroes is starting to shake even my faith in the emperor

It's gonna be shit, isn't it?

But that isn't what you said. You said that you have to lower the graphical detail due to more units on screen, I countered saying that is factually, objectively, empirically, incorrect. Yet you argue that it's a different game somehow defends DoW? Yes, it is a different game, but the fact is, genius, that it's possible to do both. There is no NEED to reduce graphics unless it's;

1. For consoles as well
2. It's for tablets

Different developers, correct, but owned by SEGA. Creative Assembly and Relic are both owned by SEGA.

Different universes? Really? You've gone with that? How does that defeat my point that you can have both LOTS OF UNITS AND HAVE GOOD GRAPHICS?

Jesus fuck...

1 > Well if it's done correctly, why is it bad ?

2. So .... Sticking to the origin material ?

3. Sure, DoW1&2 didn't have heroes .. wait, they did ? I don't see the problem again if it's done correctly.

5. Ah my gad, it's not gritty grim darky dark like i want, Ah my gad, they will sell it on tablets what a bunch of jew ...

6. Yeah it's stupid, but then was the force commender doing finishing moves on Bloodthirster in DoW1. Stupid but cool (note that i don't find the terminor jumping being cooll but whatever just prooving a point).

8. Again, why is it bad ?

9. we agree on this point but i still hope for the croncron.

10. Why is it bad ?

4.11.12.13 >>> We don't know how it's going to affect the gameplay yet, maybe it's going to work or going to be totally shit.

Anyway, IF you want the game to stay REALLY TRUE TO THE FLUFF, Then you should just GO PLAY the tabletop game.
Don't missunderstand me, i fell you about the fluff stuff but the dev might want to do compromises to deliver maybe a better experience even if it mean disregarding some fluff.

>there are so many in the TT that it'd be impossible to fit them all in

Then why the fuck do they start with the same ones, every, single, time?

How is it possible that they STILL don't see what they did wrong with the last games?

I could accept the blatant fluff changes, the MOBA style gameplay and so on, if it looked amazing. At least I could just go "it's not the best game, but it looks neat and lets me zoom in and look at units fighting" but it's both. It looks like total fucking ass AND it has shit gameplay (assuming the dev's aren't lying) AND disregards fluff. On top of "making it the most accessible DoW ever"; fuck off.

It's going to be shit.

Yes it is. Avoid DoW 3 like the plague. Moba inspired shit is cancer but making DoW 3 NOTHING like the previous two is bad.

Not him, but:

Total War armies don't have individually functioning units, just matchup animations to display fighting. Where as DoW entities are all independent, function by individual AI, and have many more mechanics.

Imagine it as the difference between Black and White 2 armies as opposed to Starcraft troops, if it helps.

Wouldn't the extra AI put more load on the CPU than the GPU though?
Wouldn't that also be the case even with simpler graphics as shown in DoW3?

Dont forget to add 'no sync-kills' to that list

They start with the most popular armies first. That is what you should have been expecting because its a smart god damn decision.

The most popular is Space Marine, Ork, Chaos, and Eldar. To make it better, the Orks, SM, and Eldar are all very different armies. Of course they will be starting with those.

The fact that we are getting 3 instead of 4 is shitty yes. The fact the first 3 are Orks, Eldar, and SM should have been assumed and its a good decision. Though I would have prefered 4-5.

The problem with the last game was that you removed bases and the armies were too small. Not that is started with SM, Eldar, and Orks.

I am disappointed Chaos and Imperial Guard wont be in it though. Hopefully they will both be added in the first expansion

Pretty fucking ironic considering that Ultimate Apocalypse, the single most popular mod for DoW1, does exactly this. It trivializes the entire fucking game just so mouthbreathers can orgasm over "muh epic battles" where it's just blob vs blob

Yet when it's turned into an actual feature it's wrong? Not defending the gameplay here because I loved the DoW2 gameplay which most of you fucking retarded spergs bitch about, but it's pretty fucking hypocritical when people defend garbage like UA and bitch about the new game

>DoW fans simply want mice DoW gameplay with large scale armies, base building and touched up DoW 2 graphics
>Instead DoW 3 does the COMPLETE opposite by making piss poor starcraft 2 gameplay, acrobatic terminators and chapter masters, Moba hero inspired trash, and gross plastic cartoony graphics and textures
What the fuck happened over Rare?

Dawn of War?

More like Dawn of JUST

Problem is, this is no ''start'' my friend. They STARTED at DoW1 and it was smart to start with those 3 races. But when the game is called DoW3, you would expect the people that will buy it to have started earlier, not at the fucking 3rd one!

1. But it isn't doing it 'correctly'. They've already explained what they're doing. DoW wasn't fucking inaccessible ANYWAY. It had 2 (TWO) resources. If that blows peoples minds, then Age of Empires or Empire Earth would melt their brains.

2. No. I can paint my tabletop minis whatever I want, but the 'original material' has never been like that. It was specifically dark, hell, it started the term grimdark. Look that up. Therefore, no.

3. But that's the point. If, IF, it's done correctly, and the footage and talk we've heard so far goes 'no'.

5. That isn't an argument. You started off so well.

6. Those are finishing moves, which they removed most of from DoW2 as well. There is a difference of jumping up to grab onto a Bloodthirster and jumping 15ft in the air to slam shit down. If he had a jumppack, all is well, but he doesn't.

8. Because it's going to assume you have NO idea about the setting, when people who aren't into 40k are unlikely to buy the game ANYWAY. Even if they do, that leaves the people who actually bought the originals in the shit can. It's essentially going "You fans? Yeah, you suck, fuck off. We gotta cater to Chad McChaddington who needs to be spoonfed why X and why is happening"

10. Because it links back into the explaining the setting. It breaks up gameplay and forces you into doing something you might not want to do. I might not like Orks and never want to play them, well FUCK YOU, you have to because the campaign won't let you go back to the Space Marines or Eldar until you complete it.

As for the ones you missed, that's not the point. It's the fact they've gone "oh, this is how things work in the setting.. huh... neat. I don't like that. So let's change it to something I do like!". The voice over for the Total War: Warhammer trailer was an amazing old man. In the intro, the same trailer plays out, but this time it's replaced my a woman. Why? Why was that done? I can accept a woman being a KT, but she ordered Gabe around.

To expand upon what this user means, in Total War, the game is able to handle so many troops because they function as an IAI, or integrated AI; meaning that an army functions as the same entity. When battles happen, a "fight" animation is applied to each troop and resources devoted to its display; an AI is not controlling each troops, just adding animations to the army.
Similar to Mount and Blade is how Dawn of War functions. Every individual troop is a standalone AI, so they are incredibly more resource intensive, especially given what every troop is capable of. This is kind of a mistake in how RTSs are built, because AI is individually applied even though many of the units function as a group. It's programed like this because RTSs are unique in that you can attach and control special individual units, so the "individuality" design was applied to every troop for homogeneity's sake even though performance suffers as a consequence.
Hope this clears stuff up for some people.

>large scale battles

This is the first place where everything went to shit. Retards kept asking for something that didn't fucking fit the lore or the RTS and we ended up with this crap of giant armies of indistinguishable units

Also don't come to me with that bullshit about Moba heroes. Heroes have always been central to the series, if now you are whining about them then I suggest you go back to playing fucking DC and SS where one of the good heroes could basically carry the entire campaign

DoW2 gameplay was perfect the way it was. They just needed to scale factions properly, having more orks and IG. But no, you fucking faggots kept bitching for "muh large epic battles" and this is what we ended up with. Nice fucking job, everyone bitched so hard about DoW2 that they scrapped all of it

What makes you think the few people in this thread are the same as those who jerk off over UA?

But I liked DoW2. I also never played UA. UA was just a cluster fuck for me and just irritated me.

>Rare

STOP SAYING THIS. IT'S RELIC YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

user its about money. They will release expansions or factions down the line that you have to pay for. Its always been this way, but now they realize they can put less factions in base game, to increase hype for factions released later.

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pre-alpha_version

>large scale battles
>not fitting the lore
You read the 40k Wikipedia page and stopped there I'm guessing.

Agreed that heroes are integral though.

To me it looks like they did combine DoW1+2, but combined shit that makes no sense.

Watch the gameplay. Space Marines are 'produced' underground. They don't land like they did in DoW1. They come from an elevator shaft. That has never been how it worked. DoW2 had the right amount of Space Marines for the fluff. But people did moan, OK, got that, but they just had to make it so each faction fitted shit. Double Ork numbers, for example. But now they've just thrown out the window everything. DoW1 and DoW2 followed the fluff. Now everything is just done to make it 'epic!!!!!' rather than fitting the fucking setting.

UA is great for turtling which is why I love it.

Also can we fucking stop with this hurr DoW2 gameplay is better than DoW1 and vice versa? It was minimal at best before the reveal but now it's just constant shitflinging. They both have their merits and I don't care which one you prefer, I just came to talk about DoW3.

You got it all wrong.

Its a new game, a new engine, a new style of battle. That means they are building this game from the ground which means balance from the ground up. They cant just carry over the SMs whole scale over from DoW 1 and say its good. They are starting from scratch.

This means they are working on 3 races at the start. Like DoW 1 and Like DoW 2 they are staring from scratch each time. Thats why the expansions always add a faction or 2. They only have one year but sense the ground work is already done they only have to balance 1 or 2 brand new factions.

If you thought this game would have started with 5 or more races at the start you are a fucking insane.

And yes sometimes people do start with the later games. Especially with RTS games that dont carry the story decisions over.

I know a few friends who started with DoW2 and I know 2 friends who are interested in DoW3 without playing the others (they just got into 40k recently)

But again that doesnt matter because the important thing is that the game is starting from step 1 which means balancing these new races from step 1 which means they cant give themselves too many races at the start

Why do Space Marines need bases anyway?

Don't they just Drop Pad everything from space?

It would make sense for Orks and perhaps Eldar since they build and hide shit everywhere.

>2. No. I can paint my tabletop minis whatever I want, but the 'original material' has never been like that. It was specifically dark, hell, it started the term grimdark. Look that up. Therefore, no.

I bet you're that retard who always posts that pic that talks about how warp travel is in WH40k

WH40k has taken on a multitude of tones and styles throughout the year. Just because you're an edgy teenager who thinks WH40k is ONLY hurr durr le grimdark doesn't make it so

I think it has everything to do with SEGA. They jew'd out with Total Warhammer, they will jew out with this one. How much will you wanna bet that there will be a reveal trailer for ''Imperial Guard Pre-Order DLC''. Fucking assholes.

No you mongoloid. Fuck off to your total war generals

It has always been absolutely retarded for the Space Marines to have armies the size of Tyranid swarms or Ork WAAAAGHs. Same for the Eldar, when's the last time the eldar actually brought out large armies to battle? When's the last time you saw a Craftworld's worth of a population in a random skirmish?

You can bitch all you want, but certain factions being reduced in scale should've been kept the way it was.

Because balance. That's why.

I think I was misunderstood, I am not the user that cried because he wanted more factions. Didn't want the game to start with 5 races. I wanted it to start with other factions. Lets say, dump the eldar for the dark eldar? Still eldar, still popular because of the eldar name but another faction. Space marine they will never swap, so let's say swap the Orks with Necrons, or hell, Tau.

Oh in that case yes I miss understood. My apologies

I still thinking starting with SM, Eldar, Ork is the best call but I dont necessarily think that had they picked your plan it would be wrong.

Maybe SM, Tyranids (so you have your swarm) and Tau or Necrons work sense you could portray them as specialized heavy technology but limited numbers while the SMs are the middle road.

Correct? I could go take pictures of my 2nd edition stuff, but what's the fucking point?

The fact is, 40k has changed. It is no longer supposed to be a parody.

When was the last time you met a character called/similar to Inquisitor Obi-wan Sherlock Clousseau?

40k USED to be different. It has changed. So going back to a setting tone that 90% of people won't remember is fucking stupid.

When was the last time you saw a model like this, with specific rules about "sucking life essence out of men"? Come the fuck on user. It's changed.

Let me guess, you think that Sisters of Battle are anti-Marines? What, you don't? WELL THEY WERE IN ROGUE TRADER SO FUCK YOU THEY SHOULD BE NOW DESPITE THAT BEING CHANGED DECADES AGO.

Or what about Sisters of Silence and their nipple spikes?

Should I go on?

It'll be Chaos if anything. Just like DoW1, user. But they have specifically said 3 factions, 3 campaigns. They haven't said anything else.

Long time people have suspected Chaos due to claiming the crater they're falling into is the Skull Throne.

>Should I go on?
Yes please.

Exactly, scale depends on the army in question. Space Marines and Eldar are far diminished in numbers compared to Orkz, Tyranids, and the IG but make up for it with sheer skill and stealth/manipulative tactics respectively. Tau and Chaos fall somewhere inbetween on the scale spectrum.

This time round they're treating Space Marines with even more indifference regarding lore. SM don't usually base build but it's not out of the question, however they're usually only landing zones as most. Meaning they don't fucking sleep underground. The fact that Orbital Strikes and Lascannons are completely out of whack, and a pilot is telling a CHAPTER MASTER what to do really makes me doubt this game.

Warms my heart when I see people try to see reason. Your idea would actually be really awesome come to think of it. I'm just tired of the same old, same old you know? Even Space marine, the one game where they could go nuts with ideas, and they STILL chose the 3 factions that you see in every game.

it just looks so bad, DOW 2 looked better 7 years ago they are removing the cover system going totally backwards, units seem to have no weight to there fire, space marine bolters are fucking automatic rocket launchers, the voice acting sounds like shit and the art style is shit

Well i wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and not go with the same faction they used for the last game, but yes, it does make more sense for it to be Chaos. SEGA really dissapoints me with the shit they are pulling, but that's life.

I was hoping for a SM, Tyranid, Tau start despite my undying love for Orkz. Could have made for an interesting campaign and an intro to newer factions while still keeping the Space Marines (best faction) at the helm.

Seriously? You are bitching about how it's not true to the TT and fluff? The series has had Khornate sorcerers and fuckhueg Eldar armies since the beginning, as well a basebuilding which doesn't make sense for half of the factions.

What would you like me to specifically say?

40k was done in a period of time when shit was different. 40k got popular because it wasn't afraid to go grimderp. People latched onto it. Kids did because edgy, adults did because cynicism.

Lots of shit has changed. Let me guess, you want Orks to go back to having babies and females? I mean, they USED to, they don't any more! OMFG REEEEE IT USED TO BE DIFFERENT AND NOW IT'S CHANGED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Or how about daemons being called demons? They used to be.

Or how about SoB being unable to love somebody, let alone fuck? That got changed as well.

The game has changed. It used to be for making fun of the EU and politicans and transplanting historical shit into space. Well, guess what, that doesn't happen any more.

Praetorian Guard? LOL! Fuck them! They used to exist, so I DEMAND they exist in DoW3. I mean, if it used to be a thing, it will always be a thing! Just like it used to be colourful and fun and happy (it never was, using box art is fucking STUPID as evidence, but whatever).

It was never like that, it just had stupid references in it for shits and giggles. Until all the old guard fucked off because of one reason or another.

Ya I get what you are saying. Im personally not a fan of Eldar and Im an Imperial Guard player so for me I would love the game to be IG, Orks, Chaos, Tyranids with the first expansion being SMs.

But I had long prepared myself for the SM, Eldar, Orks because thats a business decision.

You know it could be a simple thing of the pilot isnt giving orders but giving a heads of "hey this is a good idea to do and I know this because Im literally looking at a map of the battlefield that you cant see because you are too busy beating Eldar in the face with a hammer.

Its something military commander have done all the time, their subordinates offer suggests because they have a view point the commander does not.

space marine chapters only have like 1000 battle brothers, thats including reserves, losing a dread nought is a big fucking deal as they are heros of the chapter, DOW 2 fit the fluff of both the table top and books as the IG played more like a gaunts ghosts type guys.

I unironically refuse to play because of the lack of faction. This stems from a franchise with almost a dozen specific factions, each with subfactions within, and this before we get to the innumerable armies and units within these factions. Limiting this to three, and making them all standardized, is really, really disinteresting. No IG, no Chaos, no Dark Eldar, no Inquisition, no SoB, no Nids, no Necron, and no Tau. That's a fuckload of missing content in a WH40K game, and most players, even if they love Spess Mehrens, aren't going to be impressed by this lineup.

>WH40k should only ever be gritty and grimdark for mature gamers such as myself

Besides that's the fucking point, you're complaining about WH40k being colorful when even in this "edgy" phase it's still the most fucking colorful sci fi setting in existence. What the fuck are you doing complaining about bright colors when shit like the Emperor's Children exist?

How about those new wolfen?

What about, oh I don't know, the entirety of the fucking Tau? What about all the silly ass escapades of commissars like pic related?

This. That one sperg that was bitching about "reee a knight giving orders to chapter master omg!" forgot that the entirety of the DoW1 campaign was based around a completely impossibly retarded idea, which was a sorcerer gaining the favor of Khorne.

Nevermind the fact that the expansions had the Word Bearers as Chaos United, and yet still basically they were painted as mostly being Khorne followers with shit like khornate berserkers and bloodthirsters

Yeah you're right, I mean Angelos isn't an asshole so he'd likely listen to advice. However he IS a Chapter Master and they're the cream of the crop with some of the highest military clearance in the Imperium. You'd think the pilot would think to show a little more respect.

Honestly I'm just really irritated with what they've shown so far with regards to gameplay I may be overreacting. Lascannons are single charged shots not continuous beams and you should not be able to jump in terminator armor. I just want some consistence regarding the lore because if it really is an 'intro to the series' then they should get this stuff right.

>dota inspired hero system
OH MY FUCK THIS IS ACTUALLY BEING SAID

IT'S TRUE, I DIDNT WANT TO BELIEVE IT BUT MOBAS KILLED AND ENVELOPED THE RTS GENRE

i look forward to this exciting facebook game

You misunderstand. Colourful =! Bright Colours.

You can do bright colours and keep the tone 'dark'. As for your example, I'll use it too.

See. This isn't bright and colourful and shiny. It's dark toned, but has colour in the literal sense.

Furthermore, go watch the gameplay trailer again, the Bolters glow multicoloured light in some scenes. Bolters don't do that, user.

>space marine bolters are fucking automatic rocket launchers
Well that is what they are tbqh. Was never a fan of DoW portraying them as oversized machine guns.

Damn, that's a lot of red flag phrases.

I like how no one here realizes that grimdark can be achived with a simple shader that will probably be provided at some point

Oh dont get me wrong. There is a lot I dont like (graphics, lascanons, jumping terminators)

However I simply find it to early for me to say its doomed. Maybe with community feedback they will change things. Maybe they wont, who knows.

If I could deal with Lascannons being fully automatic in DoW 1 and I can put up with it in DoW3. Ill just pray to the Emperor that a few things are changed from now till release.

>land raider replaced by imperial knight
>avatar replaced by wraithknight
>just so GW can promote models

Replacing the Avatar is forgivable, seeing as the wraithknight is still an Eldar unit and kicks a lot of ass.

But the Imperial Knight being the SM super unit is fucking retarded - it's essentially saying the Space Marines need the help of some rich kids to get shit done.

Stupid as fuck.

>3. "We have created a DoTA inspired hero system"
this is it

i was excited for this game, i've been waiting for it for so long

i wanted to get it first day

and just now, I literally have lost all interest in the game

Knight Titans do swear oaths to Chapters though. The fact she's a woman makes me think it's a Freeblade. Not that women can't be KT pilots, but it's usually left to men. So she probably got angry and left. Which is fine, would be a decent backstory and please SJW, but it's not beyond reason.

Also, Land Raiders suck.

>yfw Spartans will never EVER be the vehicle of choice in games
>yfw it'll never be a Dedicated Transport either

NO LANDRAIDER? WHAT?

>warhammer lore being wrong is equivalent to being raped

the lore has always been absolute garbage get over it

Lascannons did change in DoW2 to what they're suppose to be.

I think they've taken the cue from 7th edition description which describes them as 'firing packets of laser' or some shit. But, that's not the problem. The problem is the claim they do more damage the longer they keep their BEAM on the target.

My belief, or hope I should say, is that they've done the animation for MultiMeltas, but not Lascannons, but done the models for Lascannons, but not Multimeltas, so did it for something to show.

I honestly dont care how much this game rapes the minor details of the lore that only you autists care about as long as it turns out to be good.

Neck yourselves faggots.

But Land Raider is a metal box. A big metal box

They don't suck

>Land Raiders suck

No, it's even funnier. It's saying the Space Marines need the help of some rich kids UNDER ADMECH JURISDICTION to get shit done.
Also, this kills all chances of them adding a Skitarii faction down the road, which makes me turbomad.

have a (You)

Raped? Who said anything about rape? You willing took that cock in your mouth and ass when you support DoW3 and defend it from blatant shit.

Yes, the lore has been garbage, but it's been consistent in some fundamental sense. Botlers have always fired rocket propelled shells, they've never fired laser beams. LasCANNONS have always fired lasers, not a constant beam stream.

i was saying that since they are automatic rocket launchers they should be shown as such. eldar standing toe to toe with SM exchanging fire is retarded, DOW 2 did this very well.

>starcraft 2 moba trash
>starcraft 2
>moba
Are you retarded on purpose?