Star Ocean integrity and Faithlessness Worth buying?

Never played the series before just looking for a game to sink time into for a while.

go ahead and buy it
i personally wont but i want suckers to buy the game so we can get SO6 if it turns out to be good

Is it good?

>letting other people form opinions for you
you can just refund it if it's not you dumbfuck moron think for yourself faggot, I bet you only watch movies with a 8 or higher on rotten tomatoes also

define good
i argue that this game is average compared to the Tales games in the gameplay department

Don't really care about Japans, or Sup Forums's opinion about it. getting it anyways.

dont make a disappointment thread

>refund

Do you know how console games work?

Like is there a bunch of optional stuff to do? Are the characters decent? Plot? I have never touched the series that's why I'm curious what's it like.

Id say if you are a long time fan get it, Im getting it so we do get an So6, they said this is a reboot and that they want to make more but they want to see if the fanbase is still there. This game is a throw back to SO2 and SO3, Lot of recycle animation/monsters/music, and the game is 20-30 hour story 50 hour extra content with NG+ , sure its a decent timesink go for a plat. Other than the two cons i mentioned its fine probably a 7 or 8 depending on who you are.

But worth $60 or wait a few months for a lower price?

>This game is a throw back to SO2 and SO3
Except the game is basically SO1.

So if i liked so2 and 3 there's a good chance i'll like this?

>Like is there a bunch of optional stuff to do?
like 10 hours of sidequest and a post dungeon
>Are the characters decent?
they are alright, personally i dont like Potato-chan's face
>Plot?
you see the cover? it hardly takes place in a futuristic city or location. 90% of the game is in some generic rpg forest or location or under developed location
this applies to all the games in the series
its fucking stupid

Idk I'm getting it day one cause I plan to do my own video review. Also I have nothing to really play at this moment in time.

Combat is def SO3. Crafting is a little held back in this one I hear tho not as op as 3

ughhhh I was expecting another Rogue Galaxy, I loved that game.

>I plan to do my own video review
alright, give me some of your old reviews
also
>not as op as 3
no way, never played 3 but in 5 it breaks the damn game's balance

Yes.

Combat is very limited and has less depth than SO3. Crafting is just a list of ?????? and what items you need to make it. There's some altercations you can make later on and that's it. If you're looking for SO3, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Well that's all i need to know. Day one buy

you loved Rogue Galaxy too?
i fucking loved that game even if its combat is ok and repetitive
too bad about the SO settings and locations since all that future crap seems to be at at the last 10% or 20% of the game

People in this thread would say yes. Japanese reviews would say otherwise. Then again, this wouldn't be the first game that bombed in Japan and managed to do well in the US.

i just hope its not total shit like 4
worst fucking first game to buy with a ps3

I've never done a video game review but im starting here because a bunch of games coming out this year. I'm also a gaming enthusiast I play everything all genres old and new.

I started discussing things with my friends about how I should go about it and I mainly plan to make this for myself and them, but anyone else can watch.

Gameplay>Design>Story>Sound/Music>Graphics

That will be my format

>worst fucking first game to buy with a ps3
That was the good version.
Think about how bad it was for the people who bought the 360 version like myself

>Gameplay>Design>Story>Sound/Music>Graphics
nice

It's almost like people in japan have completely different tastes than people in the west

No juggling bosses with blade of air rad into crescent locus triple kick?

Can you at least limit party to three members

That format is too restrictive. Different genres try to focus on different aspects more than another.

Just pirate the upcoming PC port.
20 hours of playtime isn't worth a full price.

Yeah I know, its weird.

>Switch CD every planet you go to

I remember I played it on xbox and ps3 lol.

>you loved Rogue Galaxy too?

Fuck yeah, that was one of my fav PS2 games. So many systems and secrets in that game
10/10 in my book. Yeah the combat was a bit repetitive but it had a bunch of characters and you could play as any of them.

Juggling bosses is inconsistent at best. You cannot limit your party at all and you often have 10+ members in your squad. The game is pretty on-rails with lots of backtracking.

That's exactly what I am going to do. The game looks like shit and Japan has confirmed it is in fact shit.
20 hours for full price? Nope, fuck right off. I'll pirate this shit and probably drop it half way through if it's as bad as I've heard.

I think when it comes to smaller games like indie titles I can give them breathing room. But for something like this with a decently higher budget then your average Atelier game, I can tackle these aspects.

who's that green french bread hair witch?

Looks like im skipping this entry. SO3 did combat so right, this looks like SPAM UR OP SKILLS LOL just like SO5. Fuck that. I want to get technical with my combos

Bosses have super armor so enjoy whiffing like no tomorrow. And you have to always have 6 party member which becomes annoying when you can't see the enemy thanks to the light show.

Is the music at least good in this?

Combat is definitely a step down. I've enjoyed the game so far, but I haven't had time to finish it yet. I really need to get around to it.
The OST is on par with the rest of the series.

Can you see the green girl's butt?

SO3 was spammy as well for the majority of the game mostly sidekicks and ethereal blasts. But the dept was def there for the infinite combos.

Don't know. I don't like her design personally.

it's the same as every other sakuraba soundtrack ever

Fiore
There have been threads about her on and off for like a year now user

50% are recycled from previous games.
I think the new one is on par with SO3.

Will OGMD starts with full SP or its going the modern SRW way?

Star Ocean is always great, except for 4. So yes.

>Star Ocean
>Great
SOfags showing us how low their standards. 5 is easily shit just like 4.

Oh so they remixed some of the pass games. Well long as it were the good ones I don't mind.

His music is good so as long as he keeps up the high level of music.

Go back to Tales, fgt.

Have any of the games after 2 had choices between which characters you recruit?

In 3 there are four characters that you have to choose two of.

4 doesn't have any of that I think.

Not going to deny it's mediocre but listening to Japan is not wise when you see the other shit they eat up.

>playtime dictates price
Point at these retards and laugh.

Even people who import say its shit. Its one of those rare moments when our taste is the same as Japan.

>Star Ocean integrity and Faithlessness
Gotanda said that the intent behind the naming will become clear after finishing the game iirc. Did it?