Just beat Mario 64 with 120 stars. I need more collectathon platformers. What are you absolute number 1 suggestions...

Just beat Mario 64 with 120 stars. I need more collectathon platformers. What are you absolute number 1 suggestions? Any system is fine.

Other urls found in this thread:

sm64hacks.com/hacks.php
youtube.com/watch?v=_JBdxcnyxeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tJZ3bayWgYE
youtube.com/watch?v=haWDxT2QG34
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just replay SM64 but give yourself a handicap challenge
eg try and play the whole game without pressing A once

B A N J O

sm64hacks.com/hacks.php
welcome to the world of custom platformers

go fuck yourself memer.

banjokazooie, spyro ps1, sm64 romhax,

Galaxy.

Also, Spyro. Not very difficult, but very comfy.

>welcome to the world of custom platformers

Every platformer ever made is "custom"
Custom is a meaningless word

now you need to start speedrunning m64.

Does LitteBigPlanet count? You don't even have to get into all the community stuff. The base game is amazing.

Banjo-Kazooie

>Banjo
>Conker
>DK64

That's basically it... I know some will recommend Banjo 2, but honestly that whole game felt really off to me. Also DK64 is kind of hard to get into, but be aware people actually complained there is TOO MUCH to collect in it. So if you really, really like collectathons, you hit the fucking jackpot.

Fuck all that i'm not autistic enough.

Right now my list is:

Spyro 1-3
Donkey Dong 64
Banjo Games
Mario Sunshine
Mario Galaxy maybe (tried it once, controls didn't appeal to me)

I know i'm missing some essentials here but i can't think of them.

Banjo-Kazooie, then play Banjo-Tooie, you could also play Grunty's Revenge in-between if you want for a handheld Banjo game. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is also alright. Spyro 2 looks like it was a blast, and I hear most of the Ratchet and Clank games were pretty solid.

dk64 sucks dnt play thhat

guitar and harmonica for the nontondo 64

You know what he means, you sperg.

Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon.

I got this and Mario 64 with my N64 and Mystical Ninja is still my all time favourite game to go back to.

R&C isn't really a collectathon, though. As the series progresses, it generally becomes even less of a collectathon.

DK64, because afterwards you'll be fucking tired of collectatons unless you suffer from some heavy autism.

i enjoyed it when i was a kid, just could not fucking get through everything. too much for my young mind to comprehend.

I own it. Beat it for the first time in 2009. Was this a collectathon though? I don't remember there being a lot of optional things to do.

my nigga, Mystical Ninja is criminally underrated

Play the Galaxy games next

Fucking crime that this isn't 1920x1080.

Super Mario Sunshine and Galaxy 1+2
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Rayman 2 Origins and Legends (try 1 and 3 if you really like Rayman)
Donkey Kong 64
Spyro 1 2 and 3 (Try Legend of Spyro if you really like Spyro)
Crash Bandicoot 1 2 and 3 (try Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity if you really like Crash Bandicoot)
Sly Cooper 1 2 and 3 (don't try 4 if you like Sly Cooper)
Spongebob Squarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom
Bomberman is a stretch away from collectathon but I still recommend 64 and Hero

I don't have a favorite.

The reward isn't worth it, though.

All I can imagine is pepe sucking my dick

Aww dude the slide pooper games. completely forgot. adding to the list.

Was ratchet and clank technically a collectathon? i can't remember. i think i own the first few.

You're welcome, faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=_JBdxcnyxeQ

Banjo Kazooie.

The road there is pretty fun though, guy here whose been playing Sonic Adventure 2 for the past week on and off, it's been a really fun ride for me. All the different missions really mix it up.

BUT FIRST

FUCK
OFF
MEMER

Avoid DK64. I mean play through it for fun but do NOT go through it trying to collect everything. It will torment your brain.

is there even any good reward for getting all of it?

don't tell me what it is, but is it any good?

Ratchet and Clank is a platformer where you shoot things with weapons and they drop currency for more weapons and there's collectibles hidden on the levels that you can grab while heading to the objectives. I guess if Sly Cooper, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro fit the description of collectathon for me then it should be fine for you too.

One of those timed missions was really fucking me up. Can't remember which it was, but I tried getting the emblems last year.

Should check out Shadow man if you're into something more spooky. It's the only MA rated collectathon out there that I know of.

>don't tell me what it is
Not him, but I'm telling you anyway.
You get a shitty gag reel of the Kongs and Kremlings with cringe-worthy slapstick.

There isnt one

there's two different rewards for collecting all of both types of bananas. neither is good enough for going through the trouble.

Donkey Kong 64

This is the only answer

There are fortune dolls to collect that unlock a boss rush mode.

And while things weren't really optional, collecting all the weapons and power ups were fun.

Asscreed
Do it faggot

Yeah, I noticed the timed missions are really inconsistent - most of them so far I've gotten to the end with 15-40 seconds left, but on Sonic's level 2 I beat it with 0.8 of a second, and that gave me a C rating if I remember. None of the other missions have done that to me yet.

there is only one answer

It's not worth it. End it now. Trust me.

>chucle knuckles space level

it's actually not that difficult.

>garbage 3D Green Hill that brings along the awful camera
>possibly the worst arrangement of the song
It really wasn't.

A few series you might wanna check out, there are specific games in the series that are better than the rest though.

Croc
spyro the dragon
crash bandicoot
banjo-kazooie
Rayman
mario sunshine/galaxy
Donkey Kong
Ape Escape
Spongebob: BfB
Sly cooper
Ratchet and Clank
Sonic

>cringe-worthy

It's not that bad.
Also playing through DK64 is pretty fun if you abuse the glitches in it. The game has probably one of the easiest ways to clip out of bounds I've seen in a AAA game.

This is what you get for all that time wasted.
youtube.com/watch?v=tJZ3bayWgYE

Also:
40 winks
Ty
Tak
Scooby doo: night of 100 frights

Getting the A rank is stressful because the gem locations are random. Even discounting that level there are so many glitches in that game it's almost unbearable going for all A ranks.

t. someone who has all A ranks.

Is Night of 100 Frights better than Monster Mayhem?

It's pretty of obscure but Pandemonium is a game you should try out as well.

hi

hello.

I fucking Action Replay'd that shit and man was I glad I didn't actually do that for real. I would've turned into an entire can of Morton's.

how many a-presses you fucker

Did you try playing it again without pressing A, OP?
It's harder than it sounds.

I can give you my number 0.5 suggestion if that's okay

You haven't really played Mario 64 until you've started a scuttlebug jamboree.

Rayman origins
Good luck completing all timed trophies

THIS

PLAY BANJO MOTHERFUCKING KAZOOIE AND TOOIE

Banjo Kazooie is the absolute best Mario 64 ripoff out there. But games like Galaxy/Galaxy2 are better games overall if you want more skill based platforming.

also, pic related

American mcgees Alice

You're welcome

I recommend Rocket Robot on Wheels. It's a vastly underrated N64 platformer collectathon from 1999.

Use to get some good mods

Banjo Kazooie + Tooie (Play on xbox, better framerate and unlocked stop n' swop thus true 100)

Dankey Kang six fo'. No walls, no problems. Also, HE.

Also Rayman 2 and Jak and Daxter (mainly the first JnD)

It kind of sucks that the game can't be beaten without a single A-press (Fire sea)

banjo kazooie

>Star Road

So fucking good. Sequel when?

youtube.com/watch?v=haWDxT2QG34

>no matches for Psychonauts
Wow.

Jumping Flash on PS1 is supposed to be really good but I haven't played it myself. Might be worth looking into.

you already beat the best platformer and possibly one of the best games of all time.

Try banjo-kazooie, trust me

Psychonauts only has one level that feels like a Mario 64-style collectathon/open exploration platformer.

Seriously, Star Road is fucking great. I never thought I'd get a game that really captured that Mario 64 'magic' but it fucking did it. Most romhacks of Mario 64 don't manage this so I still consider it quite an accomplishment. Really felt like a true sequel to Mario 64, something which I didn't quite get from Sunshine.

Also I love the little game over area, it's small and meaningless but it gets that sort of mystical sense of charm and wonder down ducking perfectly. It's a far more interesting game over than just about any other game I can think of, not just romhacks.

Sequel never.

How is Rayman 2 on the 3DS?

Don't bother with Sly, they are neither good platformer or good collectathons.
Maybe Billy Hatcher?

I'm salty that the dude is working on star road ds instead of 2

bump

Play the whole game with the closest camera setting. It'll give you a feeling that you're walking around a world that transcends the game's age. You'll have a better understanding of the scope of Nintendo's accomplishment if you play the whole game with the camera up Mario's ass. Also, try to think that this was a long time ago before the NSMB franchise came about. At the time, this was the only mainline Mario game for a generation and any Mario cast that didn't make the list were stuck in spinoff titles. This really makes you appreciate seeing some genius picks like the Chain chomp or Shy Guys and it makes sense of Wiggler's decent amount of popularity despite being a sack of shit in everything.

Rocket robot on wheels for the n64 it's in the same vein and is super fucking fun

Upgrading guns just by using them a lot ticks off a platformer colectathon chhshbsb

Sadly there isn't many.

The only others are Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie and Mario Sunshine.

Are you retarded?

No but you obviously fucking are