Seasons>Ages. That is all

Seasons>Ages. That is all

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For dummies maybe

Thanks reddit

I'll let your wife's son know your tastes.

LA>Oracles

Correct.

Yeah I prefer playing seasons>ages too

...But I really enjoy queen ambi's and the captain's tender moment when playing ages > seasons.

Thanks friend
Probably have to agree with you here

I want to do things to the creature on the right.

Please The oracle series perfected LA's gameplay and then some.

Honest question. did anyone manage to figure out the eye of deceit on their own?

I agree.

Doesn't really matter, though.

Straight nostalgia factor.

S&A were twice the game LA was. Literally. They were two complete games and both were better than LA.

What a fucking faggot

Which is objectively cooler?
Changing the weather or travelling through fucking time?
Plus Ages final boss is a fucking qt

I'm like halfway through Ages and I'd probably agree. Kinda getting burnt out fairly quickly though, the game is great but something about it is preventing me from really getting hooked to it.

>Not seeing them both as one game

Din > Nayru
Seasons > Time
Onox > Veran
Ages dungeons > Seasons dungeons
Ages bosses > Seasons bosses
Holodrum > Labrynthia
Male Deku Tree > Female Deku Tree
Moosh > Ricky > Dimitri
Subrosia is cool as fuck and Ages has nothing to compare
Maple is cute, CUTE!

crown dungeon is shit! SHIT! what even is that music?

Luckily mermaid's cave is right around the corner.

>Male Deku Tree > Female Deku Tree

Objectively wrong. Veran is better than Onox too.

In real life, yeah, ages would be cooler. Gameplay wise, changing the seasons was much cooler

>deku trees

anons please

Ages is more frustrating to play compared to Seasons, but both games are very good.
Worth playing both and getting to Ganon and Twinrova.

...How the fuck did one of the essences of seasons end up in subrosia anyway

Sword and shield dungeon is bae tho.

Awakening>Ages>Seasons

>Farore will never get a game of her own
>The Sages will never return in a prominent role

I wish Nintendo would do something with them again. Like, I dunno, maybe make a game in which there are three possible endings depending on how you play, each linked to a specific Sage. Having multiple endings would certainly be unusual in a Zelda game.

I would love Ages and it'd be easily my favorite 2D Zelda but it has a low point in the middle starting with Crown Dungeon immediately followed by the Goron quests and the fucking alternating water-level dungeon which honestly isn't even that bad

>Worth playing both and getting to Ganon and Twinrova.

post yfw you first got to this

I liked mermaid's cave. It was a cool example of the past affecting the future...and making you wonder despite getting the essence in the past, where is/what happened to said essence in the future version.

I love Subrosia. No idea how Hell can be comfy but it is.

Probably because of the music, the npcs, and the fact that the area feels like a safe zone since most of it is a city.

yeah I just got to the Goron quest, I thought the lava dungeon was alright.

>you can play them in any order you want
>actually if you play ages first you can't 100% it
what a load of bullshit

>He doesn't know about the OoT alternate ending

I only played ages because I thought it was the same game twice like pokemon red blue

Skull dungeon? best theme out of both the games imo. would love to hear a modernized remix.

Fix this. NOW.

It's on my 3DS i'll play it eventually

Dancing Dragon doh

If Pokemon Sun/Moon were different like these games I'd buy 10 copies.

I guess Black and White at least sort of tried.

Meh not a fan. Honestly in terms of dungeon themes(and in general) Ages wins with skull dungeon, mermaid's cave, black towser exterior crescent dungeon and jabu jaby's belly. Ages themes really fit the mood/scene.

This is the only logical choice.

>Playing through Ages currently
I've been told this is the harder version, but so far I've breezed through it moreso than ages. Does it get harder in the second half of the game?

but those themes(and dugeons in general) are pretty forgettable apart from jabu-jabu's belly and that's only because of ptsd from scrubs

>Version

Let's start this off. Who best pet?

>Moosh master race

How did choosing pets without linking the games work again, linking them is how you got to have all 3 i remember, but without linking how did it work?

I can't remember any of the seasons themes aside from sword and shield and that pyramid like tower.

Crown dungeon is the only one I outright can't stand in ages.

Ricky is bestest buddy. dat hurricane punch and high bounce. Didn't know he was the default buddy in seasons at first so I went out of my way to get him in ages > seasons.

best flute theme of the animals.

Before you reach the area that requires the animal's help and changes depending on which animal you get, you have to obtain the flute of the animal you want. How you were supposed to know this is beyond me and most players just get stuck with whatever the game gives them.

Kangaroo > Dinosaur > Bear

Prove me wrong faggots.

Dimitri is the best.

>Ride a bear or Kangaroo
>Or ride a motherfucking dondongo

I did. Well, I played the games when it came out. And, as a young kid I don't have Internet access back then. I love ages more because of the puzzles. So, I managed to figure it out as well.

agreed crown dugeon was just shit, but in seasons, Dancing Dragon, Unicorn Cave, those ruins in the lost woods, and Crypt dugeon had good theme's. Fuck moth's lair though

No lies detected desu. Rickey can act as an shortcut in ages when you want to get the noble/master sword in the cliff under symmetry village/city without having to climb the mountain in the past since he can hump up the ledge.

Shouldn't Midna be a different race to Link?

that's what doesn't make any sense though, Season's pet meetings were all tied to progression. You couldn't get to the get to moosh with out getting to the city to meet dmitri, you couldn't get get to the flooded city with out first helping ricky and ricky was always the first pet to give you his flute because you need him to get to moth's lair, the choice is really only a thing for ages

Actually in seasons you could get Moosh and Dmitri through a round about method. If you had the members card for the shop, you got Dmitri, if you played the subrosian dancing game you got Moosh.

You always meet the animals once then get thier flute later on. Ages and Seasons both have areas that change depending on which flute you got prior.

He wasn't just a bear, he was a giant panda with wings

It's a choice for both games. the issue is that the alternate ways are so hilarious obscure.

Gross

I'd fuck Din from this game so hard.

N O
O

I'd make LOVE to Din from this game.

Call me a faggot but as a kid I always knew I wanted her to do something to my penis but never quite knew what.

Better question, which order is better?

Though given what user says here, , there may not really be a choice, though you can go through Ages again with the Linked Seasons completion, if I recall, as if you were doing Linked Ages. What was the problem with doing Ages first, exactly?

The next time I play through both I'm aiming for Dimitri and Moosh horns respectively. I've been curious to what their sections play like. Also how come can't have more friendly Dodongos to mount?

>Want to replay Oracle of Ages
>Remember Jabu Jabu's Belly

Oh something minor but still annoying. It's literally impossible to complete ages map without playing seasons first. Like 2 tiny squares or something if i'm not mistaken

Seasons is basically just a super cool remake of Zelda 1, and has some of the better "action" parts. Ages has an infinitely more interesting story though. It also has this stupid mother fucker which is a plus.

Moosh is basically trivialized in Seasons because you get the Roc's Cape, where as Dmitri you gotta toss him over holes and then jump over them and shit, so if you're super lazy Ricky is the best animal buddy.

One square in the middle of the ocean

LA has a slightly better plot, the ending is much more meaningful than the oracle endings. In gameplay I disagree.

Seasons worked better and was a bit more original.

>Not having a third game where you have to use the harp of ages and the rod of seasons together.

Moosh is the best looking but he's useless. Ricky is the most useful overall, Dimitri is cool and useful until you can swim.

It's true to the era the poster is emulating. Plenty of aliens and other creatures were just white people with a tiara or something.

Ralph looks...very flamboyant. serious contrast to how i imagined him ingame.

Dimitri can attack in water so he's still pretty useful. Plus he might be able to allow you to swim in the Ages Ocean before the Mermaid Suit, I forget.

I've never played the GB Zeldas, how well did they Age?

Oracle games were originally going to be 3 games.

>Seed of Courage would have Farore as the oracle and involve puzzles based on the time of day

>Seed of Wisdom would have Nayru as the oracle and instead of time travel, the theme would be colors akin to LADX's color dungeon. The mystical tool would have been a brush and palette

>Seed of Strength would have been as-is assumably

All the NPC's in Ages were rad as fuck, it's to be expected considering they stole so much from Majora's Mask.

You get Dimitri after being ship wrecked though, you can still swim in the ocean but without being able to dive it's not too helpful.

I genuinely think all of the handheld zeldas are the best. They tried a lot more than most of the 3D zeldas did.

There is nothing wrong with its music!

>pick up acorn
>repeating shitty music ruins the game and makes you go insane

I always wondered what the overworld for the third game would have been like. I really can't imagine it feeling as natural as changing time or seasons.

No lie Seasons and Ages are as good or even better than most zeldas IMO. Easily near the top.

seriously? it reminds me of this gem except bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

>Tarm Ruins
>Sea of No Return
>Ambi's Castle
>Subrosia
>Fucking Skull Dungeon

being a time-of-day puzzle game the overworld would have relied on shit like X only opening in the morning and Y only opening in the afternoon, or etc.

so like seasons but I guess more realistic in terms of the scope. Something like flowers used as platforms only opening up in the afternoon, or a path through a maze only being revealed at night with fireflies.

Buh buh buh buuuh buuuh buhhh buh! DODODODODODODODODEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDODODODODODODODOELELELELELE

>Want to get another pet
>Get kangaroo in both
>You are supossed to be able to get three flautes
>Only Kangaroo Flaute
>Only get to play the mandatory segments with dino and bear.

I love my K-bro, but come one, mr flying bear looks cossy.

>Male Maku Tree
>Female Maku Tree
>??? Maku Tree

Futa Maku tree

>it's 2005
>I'm going though an old magazine issue that has older edition covers on it
>See the Oracle games cover
>I didn't even know they existed as I had only played the SNES and N64 games
>I knew I was gonna get a PC soon and Iknew about emulation from my cousin so I wrote them down to download later

Finding out about two Zelda games I didn't have played before was nice. These games are so fucking good. I already wannna replay them thanks to this thread.

I think the dungeon design in LA is superior to the Oracles but the wonky save system and being reminded of what fucking rock is whenever I bump into one seriously kills it for me

>tfw as a kid I hoped that if I play through Ages I'd eventually get to the world of Seasons, since they're connected after all
>you never can, you can only use your completion code from one game in the other
;_;

>sea of no return isn't a sea at all
>still intense and a nice lead up to the expected final dungeon
>expecting something as cool as sword and shield
>Ancient tomb wasn't all that interesting

Such a shame. ramrock was cool tho

also it wants to fuck you even more than the girl one

NO FUCK THAT I AIN'T PICKING UP THAT SHIT

gender fluid maku tree.
bear sucks and can't fly over water/swim for some reason.

>That tsundere witch that casually "passes" by just to hit on you

Twin tree could be interesting.

I think it'd be cool if Nintendo revisited the dual games concept for the next handheld Zelda, especially if they link them again and maybe take it a step forward with more features. I'd buy both if they each felt like unique, complete games.

>first it's a broom
>then it's a vaccum cleaner
>last it's a fucking flying saucer(linked)

Maple was fun...no idea how she appeared in the past too though.

More like she's strolling around and you bump on her to steal her shit

one game you play as link the other you play as zelda

Well Fire Emblem did it and it was a success, so who knows

The segments that require animal friends are completely replaced depending on which one you get, so don't dwell on it too much.

Post YFW Irene is actually Oracle Link and Maple's future grandaughter.