Be honest: were there any parts of a game where you had to Google what to do?

Be honest: were there any parts of a game where you had to Google what to do?

FF7 chocobo breeding, was much easier to just read guide than doing trial and error breeding

That puzzle was easy though, I winged that shit in a couple of tries.
The green stars in SMG2 can go suck a penis. Some of those are fucking bullshit as to where they are.

God I love Lost Odyssey a lot, but this part was just frustrating.

The gravestone puzzle in Legend of Grimrock 2.

this part early on in AA: trials and tribulations

I absolutely couldn't figure out how to progress. but then I figured if I needed a walkthrough for a phoenix wright I'm probably not cut out for these type games.

The C4 that ended up being on the lifted submarine in mgs2. I might be retarded.

simbly ebin

I seem to remember one of those green stars being in a spot where you had to throw yourself into a death pit upwards with upside-down gravity. Crazy shit.

I simply bruteforced that shit, because turning the item in the inventory was not an obvious thing to do

WAIT?!?!?!?

I sometimes google a Layton Puzzle if it's just weird or i'm more interested in the story than in solving a Puzzle right now.

>not obvious

the letter for the quest says you have to do that.

Why are you guys quoting OP?

Anyway, the sliding puzzle in RE4.

What the fuck are you talking about?
That's twilight princess.

I'm ashamed that I had to look this up. I still don't fully get it either

I had to google the claw puzzles. I didn't realize you could spin around your inventory items.

I had to play Flower, Sun and Rain with a faq. I didn't have the manual, which some of the puzzles require.

Good game, but fuck was there a lot of bullshit stuff in it

>I'm ashamed that I had to look this up

Man don't be, that game had some devious puzzles.

Nobody is going to find the machine cube from the first game without a guide.

The entirety of any souls game
Yes I'm serious

Better questions:

How long do you persist before looking the solution up?
Do you consider yourself to be below-average in cognitive thinking skills when it comes to solving shit?

MGSV figuring out what the fuck to do to continue the main missions

You find several letters describing some guy's travels that say "First I travelled to the east" or "Later I travelled to the north" and such. When you put them in the right order going by the text clues, they give you a correct sequence for the stone movements.

Solved it without goolge

>How long do you persist before looking the solution up?

My general rule is to try for 1-2 hours, take a long break, and then try again for another stretch.

If I haven't figured it out by then, I admit defeat and look it up.

>You find several letters describing some guy's travels that say "First I travelled to the east" or "Later I travelled to the north" and such

Different puzzle, mate. I was talking about the gravestone epitaphs that lead to a buried treasure.

Oh, that one. I didn't even realise it was supposed to be a puzzle before looking it up

>I didn't even realise it was supposed to be a puzzle

That's how godamn tricky it is.

>figure out the gravestones when i'm nearly done with the game
>makes me wonder how many puzzles i might missed because they were so unnoticeable
>mfw

WAIT A MINUTE...

For puzzles, probably about an hour or however long it takes to feel like I've exhausted all possibilities I can think of.
For something more action based, after 10 or so deaths I see if there's some mechanic I'm not understanding or something.

took me like 3-4 boxes full of marils i hatched until i caved in and checked on serebii back in ruby/sapphire.

After getting the picnic ending in KS I started looking up for walkthroughs in eroges

>quoting
we're replying directly to him, dumbass. if you're gonna stay on this website at least get the terminology right.

most recently? i couldn't find the rope to make the elevator in vault 15 work in fallout 1. I don't pay attention to what i'm doing most of the times

generally no, but if it comes up a lot and i cant automate the action somehow(macro recorder) i will search for a hot tip

for rpgs i will look up pump and dump stats tho, cbf going into a long build path completely blind anymore and wind up with something unviable

Funnily enough I solved that puzzle but not giving a shit and moving to random squares.

>Why are you guys quoting OP?
None of them are quoting OP though

MGS1 where you had to look at the CD case. So dumb.

When you're the first couple posts to a thread no shit you're replying directly to the OP. That's all a thread is in the beginning. When you quote the OP like that you look like a couple of morons who are fresh off the bus and don't know a world before quick reply.

Pro tips for puzzle solving like a non-faggot:

>Identify every element in your arsenal. Every item, every ability.
>Identify every element in play with the level or the puzzle. Break things into steps.
>Ask "Why" for everything you see.
"Why was this X placed here?"
"Why did the artist design this area's visuals this way?"
"Why did the sound designer put this audio cue here?"
>Try every solution twice. Sometimes you will be very close to the right solution but your execution was off by a small margin. Sometimes a little brute force is necessary
>Do your best to think outside the box. Try solutions you've ruled out or ones that you've dismissed. Try things you wouldn't normally do or expect to do in the game.
>Think about what elements the developer has groomed you to (player training, they call it) and which ones they haven't.
>Write stuff down. Draw out diagrams.
>Take a break.

You're a serious newfag. It's people replying from the main board as opposed to going directly into the thread. Dumbass.

>Skyward Sword
>First dungeon
>"The eyes follow sharp objects!"
>Think I need to do a spin attack to make the eye dizzy to 'kill it' and open the door
>Nope, you just need to slowly rotate the stupid fucking wiimote until it's dizzy

I was mad as fuck that was the solution, it made no fucking sense. The spin attack is fast, still has the sword out, and the sharp object points out. I spent like an hour at least trying to figure it out before I looked up the dumb ass solution.

>When you quote the OP
I already told you none of us are quoting him, dumbass. quit acting like a shitty newfag who came here from know your meme pretending to be sole dictator on who people can reply to.

The one part in Hourglass where you were supposed to close your DS.

That might work for games like La-Mulana but sometimes the devs are just stupid and put the barrel on Sonic 3 because it is meant to be a fast pace game.

La Mulana

I'm sorry are you saying we shouldn't reply directly to OP when we are replying directly to OP?
>That's all a thread is in the beginning. When you quote the OP like that you look like a couple of morons who are fresh off the bus and don't know a world before quick reply.
Okay first off none of those original reply posts you're talking about were quoting OP whatsoever, I don't know where you're getting that from. I'm guessing you meant replying instead.
Second of all, people have always replied to OP's post way before even Sup Forums X was a thing. Seriously where did you get this idea that people aren't allowed to reply with OP's post number? I'm sorry are you saying we shouldn't reply directly to OP when we are replying directly to OP?

>Newfags are trying to play revisionist right now in this very thread

I still can't figure this shit out.

Everything in your post is cancer.
Go back to Know Your Meme already.

A couple times for hidden optional shit, other than that no.

>Still using the word quoting
>posts in question are replying directly to OP
>not using replying as a means of posting more conveniently

Way to come off like a huge retard

Not him but the letter doesn't say "click-drag on the item when viewing it in inventory to look at other angles". Hell it doesn't even say that in the UI either. Actually that might be why they made the puzzles in Skyrim just shitty turntables, because they knew they already fucked up telling the player all of the controls.

Holy shit man you are probably the most retarded newfag I've seen in the last year, far worse than the ones who post like they're on gamefaqs and do text emotes.

Based janitor

You can use tails to fly above it though. You did have a second controller, right?

>When you're the first couple posts to a thread no shit you're replying directly to the OP. That's all a thread is in the beginning. When you quote the OP like that you look like a couple of morons who are fresh off the bus and don't know a world before quick reply.
You're very funny, haven't had a good laugh like this in a while. By the way just a quick tip, even though you deleted your retarded comment we can still see what you posted using Sup Forums X.

I still don't get this meme.

Was there a literal retard doing some shitty let's Play YT shit just to get attention or some shit?

I was very confused about not being able to move at all

How did people figure out the absurd shit in Sierra adventure games without buying guides?

Either you ordered if from them direct, such a book showed up at a book store, or if you were really lucky you got a guide on a BBS/Usenet.

im just too stupid for these kind of puzzles

The joke is that there's no reason for the puzzle to exist. It's not even a puzzle. And it's not a convincing password for the secret society so it sort of fails if it's all for fluff.

Basically you tried everything and you took your time with the game. There's a reason why the genre's fucking dead. (Good riddance)

Siren. Some of the hidden objectives are impossible to figure out.

The fucking nonsense rotating number puzzle on Nar Shaddaa in Kotor 2.

I felt fucking retarded when I realised the statues weren't identical.

facing the sorrow in mgs3

i'm a bit annoyed at myself that i had to google it
it would have been a lot cooler if i found out what to do by myself

Dies anyone else plat RTS or the like and when you lose a game to some spam of a unit look up on Google if there is complaints about said unit being OP ?

I feel like a scrub when I do it but fuck it feels good when the nerf bat comes

the windmill in ds2

what the fuck how was I supposed to know that I could torch that shit?

My IQ is 89.

I had to google this to. I think the sequence was poorly done, they could have had someway to subtly foreshadow the solution.

Starting the DLC in Dark Souls

How the fuck would you know to go back to that cave?

You don't need to light the windmill on fire though. You could always just struggle through the boss with the poison.

Console design. on gamepads you just waggle the analog and it spins it around.

I don't understand. Every time I've played the game I've figured out the solution in a couple of minutes and I'm not that smart when it comes to puzzles. Yet people keep posting this as OMG IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT GOOGLE.

Though then again people also think water temple is hard when it simply requires you to just pay minimal attention while exploring all the areas.

You called up the helpline and asked a Sierra intern

it's just that the revival pill was only mentioned at the beginning of the game
when i got to the sorrow i completely forgot about it, and i didn't even know how to use it

First time I did that level there were yellow signs all around it saying "try torch"

>There's a reason why the genre's fucking dead. (Good riddance)
At least the LucasArts ones didn't punish you as badly like the Sierra ones, and tended to have more "sensible" puzzles.

After a few of LucasArts games I stared getting the hang of them, but Sierra ones were so devious and there were plenty of ways to make your progress unwinnable.

The only company close to LucasArts in terms of puzzles that for the most part you can solve is Daedalic Entertainment. Just like the later LucasArts games I was able to get through the Deponia games without looking up too many hints.

I had to Google the braille in Pokémon Ruby. How was I supposed to know that was braille? If I was blind I wouldn't be playing a video game.

The green orb/chandelier puzzle in Out of this World is awful.

So there's this guard on a lower floor that is blocking your path. A couple screens above him there's this little gap where you can shoot at this orb suspended from the ceiling. You can see a little reflection of the guard pacing around and when you shoot it, it makes a loud sound and falls to the ground. It takes a couple seconds before it makes its "hit_the_floor", and since the guard will flee the instant you break the chandelier's cord and it starts to fall the logical solution is to time it so when the orb hits the ground, he'll be in the right spot. Nope. You have to wait until he stands still. Then when you shoot the orb, he doesn't flinch, even though he should be able to hear it just fine. It's really awful. It sort of ruins the game for me.

How hard is it to guess 'maybe I have to do these hard mode missions'?

On the other hand it took me ages to discover Paz's room on the medwing

I got stuck for a while on this when I grabbed the HD collection. Which is shameful because I had no problem with it years before playing subsistance

Skyrim, Dragonborn DLC.

That fucking Mireek battle's glitches made me have to google if I was just fucking something up

erau qssi dlro weht

Not exactly a puzzle, but how exactly were you supposed to find the entrance for this place outside of randomly groping nondescript walls for no reason?

The fucking rail labyrinth in Myst.

Isn't the entrance in plain sight? if you mean the top entrance the name of the star is "Stand Tall on the Four Pillars". Not a brainer.

Any of the puzzles in the second half of this motherfucker right here, holy shit. They went all out on the puzzles with this one.
I've never had a game make me feel like such a goddamn retard before in my life.

No, the entrance to the entire level.

I always Google shit periodically just to make sure I don't miss any 1 time or you miss it forever items etc.

>here's a 50 block puzzle with zero room for error, good luck

Ahh, yeah I don't think there's any way to find it other than just checking the wall. At least it's not just a random wall but a dead end.

Spent hours thinking about it, the only puzzle in the fucking game that I couldnt solve

>My IQ is 89.
>IQ

Just make a IQ test which every possible human being could pass.

Then you know how pointless it is.

Im going to start Mourning's Ends Part 2 today, wish me luck Sup Forums.

I do the same, and I hate myself for it.

I do that about a week before I buy a game so I have time to forget everything that isn't time critical. I generally avoid playing games more than once but can't stand missing out on content. Finding out I'd missed part of a game-long sidequest to get one of Yuri's outfits in tales of zesteria burned me bad

The developers seriously gave no fucks. Did they really think kids would be able to solve this shit by themselves back then? Insanity.

Hell of an RPG though.

Didn't you like the world's most difficult trick?

>tfw getting the Beelzebub in Devil Survivor as a phys build