What went so right?

What went so right?

mostly everything except for the camera
that thing was just fucking horrible

slavs were devs
they loved Homm 3 to death.

how's the campaign?

So I hear you like loading times

Not much? The original release wasn't very good, balance was ass, AI was slow and bugs were plentiful. It wasn't until several patches and a couple expansions later that it actually became a really worthwhile entry.

What went right was that the core gameplay was pretty much kept as is, the skill system was interesting and the dual upgrade system in TotE was a nice attempt.

What went wrong however was terrible art direction and map design issues that arose from having to make every object fucking giant.

Still a better game than fucking VII and a good entry.

HoMM 3 IS the best Heroes game.
You can't prove me wrong faggots

You're right, I can't. It's not without flaws, however.

Daily reminder that Heroes IV is underrated.

who would want to prove you wrong, you're undeniably right
chill out dude

to this day, Heroes IV is the only RPG that i can claim i have beaten (at least one campaign of it)

not CRPG, not DRPG, just RPG

it was ok, just too different for its own good

I like it but I understand why people would not.

The campaign was actually fun

GRIFFIN ETERNAL
(casts random spell)

I played HoMMIII to death, enjoyed some of HoMMIV and loved HoMMV.

It's a sad sign of how far the series has fallen that I didn't even realize HoMMVII had come out.

>What went wrong however was terrible art direction
it was a bit too wc3-y but at least the town screens were cool, as was the town music

Heroes 7 is pretty good despite multiplayer being broken.
I hope the multiplayer is finally playable in the next patch.
Singleplayer is solid tho

Big disappointment at release, but with all the tweaks it was a pretty good game after swallowing the fact that the old universe was gone.

No it's not. AI is retarded, campaign is scripted questing bullshit that requires little strategy even on harder difficulties, and it always feels like people who made it have no idea about how a Heroes game should even play at all. The only decent faction in the game is Sylvan, surprisingly enough, very synergetic, with a decent campaign to boot. The rest of the game is just hot trash that only completely clueless newcomers could possibly call "good". I don't even know where to being, I had a txt file with all the dumb shit that I found in the game, and it was a pretty long file.

>(casts random spell)
m8, that bugged me so much especially when Isabell didn't get access to any fucking spells.

Oh, and fuck Nicolai

I fucking hated the artstyle and it felt like a big step back from IV's neat ideas like not needijg a hero to move units around in the campaign map.

Soundtrack was also really lacking.

4>3
Can we all agree with it

Nah, I love 4 but it was just too ambitious and rushed out for it to be compared to 2 or 3.

I wanted 5 to take in and polish things from 4 but all we got was a cartoonish ubisoft remake of 3.

when was the last time you played?

>terrible art direction
good post right up until here

art in 5 was godtier

I've recleared all the campaigns except for Axeoth with patch 1.8. They fixed a lot of bugs, but they can't fix terrible level and UI design.

LONG and gud

Fucking nothing. Tribes saved the game and if you didnt know that then gtfo.

>We have to make huge trees because small trees don't look good in our engine
>So this Fortress faction has a dwarf, a dwarf, a dwarf, a dwarf, a dwarf and a dwarf
>What's the font we should use for ALL THE MENUS? Monotype Corsiva will do, Pavel.
>Why does our Dungeon look like they just all robbed a BDSM shop, Ivan?
Nah m8
And I dare you to say anything positive about screensaver town screens

>I had a txt file with all the dumb shit that I found in the game
Are you a reviewer (even for amateur sites)? Because if not holy shit who even keeps a text of shit while playing the game

Everything

The cities, the music, character models, everything. God damn.

It's notthing like that.
The real issues were the cutscenes

nothing

>>So this Fortress faction has a dwarf, a dwarf, a dwarf, a dwarf, a dwarf and a dwarf
You mean unlike the castle having a human, a human, a human, a human, a human and what's basically a human with wings?

also the 3d town screens were cool

also the spell effects were cool as well

I'm just invested in the series, dude, so I kept track of what was bad in the game for the sake of the argument.

That's exactly the problem. The game has so many issues with it (or at least it had) that I had to write them down just to remember them all.

I see, that's alright

>You mean unlike the castle having a human, a human, a human, a human, a human and what's basically a human with wings?
That's not the point. When looking at any Knight/Castle/Haven lineup you can immediately tell different types of troops apart and, well, Knight's faction being the generic humans with little special to them was kind of their shtick since the beginning.

When you look at dwarven Fortress in 5, they all fucking look the same.
At least they figured that part out in 7, where Fortress is actually visually diverse.

It's basically just HoMM3 with shitty 3D graphics, that makes it ok.

>You mean unlike the castle having a human, a human, a human, a human, a human and what's basically a human with wings?

hmm : ) maybe because we actually recognise the units because we actually already know what they are supposed to be
in the case of dwarf, dwarf, dwarf, dwarf i didn't know what the fuck was going on

>also the 3d town screens were cool
to each his own, to me they were just one more thing to click through to get to the actual town screen

>also the spell effects were cool as well
unnecesarily slow and unmemorable

are there any font mods that work? holy shit that stuff is horrible
the one I downloaded doesn't change anything

VI has a pretty good single-player campaign with a great story and okay gameplay if you take it as a sort of King Bounty-esque adventure. But it all falls apart in PVP and custom.

VII however has practically no redeeming qualities.

Holy shit is this VI or VII? This looks worse than V