Machinimas

Why have machinimas stopped being popular?

Let's post good machinimas.

youtube.com/watch?v=XfC69UMQLeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pX_AKDrBWjw
youtube.com/watch?v=SIo3q-tcmk4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LO2Rx8YlSWY
youtu.be/xJuR48PSCW8
youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3ios78Jpo
youtube.com/watch?v=lJV202TpGrY
youtube.com/watch?v=VgqJ0g7LUjk&ab_channel=JonCJG
youtube.com/watch?v=SVCylMVMTiI
youtube.com/watch?v=OzNnvdfk8qs
youtube.com/watch?v=LTxO_pgMqys
youtube.com/watch?v=ekYW3S0k_f8
youtube.com/watch?v=YqydHZUze3E
youtube.com/watch?v=-RM30Mhhzqk
youtube.com/watch?v=ySk4PnphZCg
youtube.com/watch?v=wwufnmdsen4
youtube.com/watch?v=RXg_tLeuzUE
youtube.com/watch?v=Vxi7JRJrod4
youtube.com/watch?v=tces0p5v3SA
youtube.com/watch?v=v4Wy7gRGgeA
youtube.com/watch?v=NRPpXh2ycU4
youtube.com/watch?v=knzMFC6s4Bw
youtube.com/watch?v=Up72qiSiGxk&ab_channel=JonCJG
youtube.com/watch?v=EGjNtGJGbtQ&ab_channel=Machinima
youtube.com/watch?v=3eS5zQWNs5U
youtube.com/watch?v=vLMwisbRFPA
youtube.com/watch?v=hRjWnIQlJlg
youtube.com/watch?v=ghjXk_emVKk&list=PLywbhBsTsJftFuIi4Lvhi2b7xLeNTVQm9
imaginativelogo.com/season8/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nothing from halo is good

except the music

Because a single youtube channel tried to monopolize on that fact and then realized COD commentators became the new fad

That's not what this thread is about retard.

Why put effort into making machinimas when you could shit out multiple Let's Plays every day and be immensely more popular?

>Machinima

>Not Rooster Teeth

Shit

I fucking loved the Deus Ex Human Revolution Machinima, it blows my mind how it turned out so amazing despite being low budget. I've seen it like four times now and it never gets old. youtu.be/LO2Rx8YlSWY

Also, the Hotline Miami 2 Machinima was pretty cool, not as good as the Deus Ex one because it sorely lacked action scenes, but the music and atmosphere was still done really well so it turned out good. youtu.be/xJuR48PSCW8

>live action

you don't know what a machinima is

I'm not sure you understand what a machinima is.

these arent machinima. these are live action.
machinima must be made within the game engine.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3ios78Jpo

I always liked this one.

Meant the real one.

Would Sanity Not Included count? Haven't watched it in forever, but when I was younger, the idea of robot chicken with vidya was the shit.

There's one still going on.

youtube.com/watch?v=VgqJ0g7LUjk&ab_channel=JonCJG

youtube.com/watch?v=SVCylMVMTiI

No rise of the spartans?
youtube.com/watch?v=OzNnvdfk8qs

The man with the golden eyes

>not posting the legend
youtube.com/watch?v=LTxO_pgMqys

Well now I feel extremely silly. Technically they are on the Machinima channel but I understand now that they aren't actually Machinima. Thank you for helping me see the error of my ways and I humbly apologize for my folly.

>Machinima channel

Why would you do that to yourself?

I watched all of Red vs Blue last summer and keep watching it. Even if it's horrible I still watch it. What have I become?

youtube.com/watch?v=ekYW3S0k_f8

>9 years ago

Holy shit.

I don't know but the new writers suck massive fucking cock.

Rooster Teeth b4 2005

Used to watch a series called Sanity Not Included, ended up always just skipping to the end to see the animated segments.

Making machinima's require actual effort, you have to write a script, act out the in-game models and usually have voice-actors. Just like with animation and every other effort-based, creative thing on Youtube. Let's Plays and making money on the internet became big and everybody jumped on the bandwagon. People that made machinima's went on to use their skills in actual animation companies, not being retricted by games.

That said, here's a couple of machinima's I've enjoyed
>Sanity Not Included
>Smash King
>Arby 'n the Chief, I know this was half live-action but whatever
>Red vs Blue

This the last good machinima i've seen:

youtube.com/watch?v=YqydHZUze3E

i am actually so glad that they still make that series

>they

I'm pretty sure it's just one guy

it is just jon for the most part, but i am pretty sure there have been others who have helped him with it

>look at thumbnail
>mfw AnC

It's weird having followed Jon's life for almost a whole decade. he's probably one of the first people I've seen on Youtube, he was one of those people that attained the then rare million views on his videos. But now he's largely forgotten by almost everyone as machinima videos died out.

>But now he's largely forgotten by almost everyone as machinima videos died out.

I hate that a lot of things are dying out. Nothing I can do about it I guess, no one seems to make flash animations anymore either, just seems like a relic from the past. Fucking Let's Play culture.

>no one seems to make flash animations anymore

That's not true. I still check out newgrounds from time to time. There's still quality content from time to time.

The worst thing is, I've wanted to make machinima videos back then but I didn't have the equipment. I've always looked up to the guys that created videos like that. Witnessing a hobby or whatever that you always wanted to participate in dying out feels pretty bad.

We've come so far
youtube.com/watch?v=-RM30Mhhzqk

I unironically laughed at this. Felt like I was going back in time.

I fell off after that meta bullshit. That ever finish?

I looked up that same way to the old newgrounds circle.
My child self would be fucking disappointed right now.

Why would someone do a shitty machinima remake of the original video?

Sure it's definitely machinima. Pretty good series, stopped watching when one of the original guys left though.

You forgot Matchmaking, those guys were god-tier machinima creators, it's shame they were so lazy with their series.

youtube.com/watch?v=ySk4PnphZCg
youtube.com/watch?v=wwufnmdsen4
youtube.com/watch?v=RXg_tLeuzUE

seems like people would rather make flash games and sell them on steam for .99 instead of throwing them up on NG for free, where they belong. I was actually surprised NG is still around.

>7 years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=Vxi7JRJrod4

Fucking GMAN SQUAD REBOOT WHERE

>FINISH HIM

>EAT THIS

How's season 8 of Arby n the Chief?

I'm tempted to re-watch that series again but if I did I'd probably not like it.

SPPPPRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGSSS!!

It's......I don't know what the hell it is. Jon's just gone full-on nuts with putting a bunch of nonsensical shit in his videos. I couldn't make it past the first episode.

Yeah, same. Got half way through the first part that he had teased already and then stopped. Saw he uploaded the other day so I made the post out of curiosity.

they used to be cool, now they're family friendly-tier

I don't watch any of their podcast or let's play shit, but I still say the last 3 seasons of RVB have been the best seasons yet.

oh my god, the flashbacks

My nigga right there

This stuff has always inspired my videos, hope to make a video like the PWNED life one of these days. Machinima truly peaked with Battlefield 2 and Halo 3 destroyed it.

>we'll never see the end
youtube.com/watch?v=tces0p5v3SA

youtube.com/watch?v=v4Wy7gRGgeA
youtube.com/watch?v=NRPpXh2ycU4

oh fuuuuuuuck user I forgot about these
youtube.com/watch?v=knzMFC6s4Bw

You might be interested in the Bytes series.

youtube.com/watch?v=Up72qiSiGxk&ab_channel=JonCJG

Post your favs family

>God tier:
Xanatos
JonClg

>Good tier:
Broteam pill
Sanity not Included

>Bad tier:
Sanity not Included (When Lyle left)
2 Best friends play

HE GOT A....

My first and favourite machinima.
Getting on to a decade later, how the time flies.

Anyone watching Arby n Chief Season 8? It's actually pretty good.

Dex recently did a stream were he watched the entire series, gave me memories of how awful this series is.

youtube.com/watch?v=EGjNtGJGbtQ&ab_channel=Machinima

THE BEST
youtube.com/watch?v=3eS5zQWNs5U

Check out Xanatos' facebook page. Apparently everybody hates eachother, and crackbone is a fucking mess. Gmod squad is rip.

SFM is much easier to use so most people just use that nowadays

Xanatos really let himself go
youtube.com/watch?v=vLMwisbRFPA

memories

"Phil" was great: youtube.com/watch?v=hRjWnIQlJlg

PGL/Pre Game Lobby was my absolute favorite though: youtube.com/watch?v=ghjXk_emVKk&list=PLywbhBsTsJftFuIi4Lvhi2b7xLeNTVQm9
I've kept tabs on the guy behind it for a while, friends on steam etc, and apparently he's rebooting it - he's also trying to get his old fans to pay for film school for him though so that's kinda lame.

Reminder that AnC season 8 is a thing.
imaginativelogo.com/season8/

They tried to come back but the bubble is popped

Sanity Not Included is also still going on btw.

Yea meta shit finished, then they got trapped on a planet for two seasons and it ended on a cliff hanger and now the episodes are all one or two episode self contained stories with in the 'red versus bluniverse' like an episode were they are lego, or the story of another red team or simmons and grif back when they were in basic

His FB posts are nothing but him bitching about his life or stories about crackbone.

My favorite is the story of how Crackbone cucked Khail from Machinima.

>Why have machinimas stopped being popular?
You ever have a small group of friends from work that you like to do things with? You ever have your boss try to wedge in on that? That's what happened to machinimas.
Plus this. Let's plays are easier. Once that market was discovered the others dried up.