Following the MN 9 failure, is there any game funded by Kickstarter that went right?

Following the MN 9 failure, is there any game funded by Kickstarter that went right?

Also post more failures and/or scams

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1577656602/areal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yooka-Delaylee is really my best hope

Pillars of Eternity and Chivalry come to mind

Shovel Knight

I wanted this to be good so hard. Too bad the dev is the most easily distracted person ever.

Anyway, La Mulana 2 is looking pretty good.

Pillars of Eternity
Darkest Dungeon
Grim Dawn

>Too bad the dev had never made a game before.
FTFY

Wasn't this shit some scam?

Hyper Light Drifter is pretty decent. Not close at all the product it seemed to be shaping up to early on, but I enjoyed it.

I have high hopes for the Pathologic remake, and Radio The Universe looks promising.

Pillars of Eternity was a godawful letdown.

Risk of Rain is great.

There have been good enough games but nothing that will be remembered.

Best thing to come out of kickstarter is FTL's core gameplay mechanics / HUD design

Provided they didn't lift it from somewhere.

Wasteland 2
Serpent in the Staglands.

>Pillars of Eternity was a godawful letdown
It was medicore. Nothing less, nothing more.

Divinity. Bloodstained's looking good as well, I liked the demo.

Are they making a Pathologic remake? Cool, I must play the HD version, looks pretty interesting, I'm thinking about getting it later on the sale

Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun Returns / Dragonfall / Hong Kong, Divinity Original Sin I & II, The Banner Saga, Serpent in the Staglands, etc.

I have a type.

Trials of Ascension and Roam (zombie) have some pretty shady drama you can read.
One is an outright scam, the other is a finished product that will never see the light of day because a guy sued the developers for firing him and won.

Expeditions: Conquistador is great.

Divinity Original Sin
FTL
La Mulana

Wow so pretty much all modern cRPGs are kickstarters?

The Shadowrun games.

FTL.

Wasteland 2.

Undertale was funded on kickstarter.
I also really like FTL

No, but pretty much all good ones are Indie.

Underrail and Age of Decadence were not kickstarted.

Yup, no one else wanted to fund them.

We Happy Few is on track to be awesome. Early Access (beta) next month, Kickstarter's have had alpha access for a while, and the devs are constantly updating on all fronts of development.

Blackwake looks rather neat. Haven't played the alpha version yet but I am looking forward to it.

I have a blast with Grim Dawn. It's so addictive and fun I can't stop playing it.

This

Shovel Knight is an example of the best-case scenario for a Kickstater game. The devs have been keeping their promises on the add-ons too which helps

Crowdfunding has left a super sour taste in my mouth. You basically go to fund a product without any idea on whether or not it will be good, and rather than the creators/investors assuming the risk, you assume all of it, with none of the reward if the product does bad at retail.

I've crowdfunded four things, never software.

>Product: Pebble time, in March 2015
>supposed to ship: June 2015
>didn't get it until end of august
>Product works really well and I saved $50 off retail, but it was discounted shortly after that

>Product: Navdy (HUD for car): August 2014, $300 ($200 off retail)
>supposed to ship: Q2 2015
>still hasn't shipped, they're taking shipping addresses (supposedly) friday through June 30th for shipment by fucking october
>really minimally communicative, delays announced at the last minute or after deadlines have passed

>Pebble Time 2, $200
>supposed to ship: November 2016
>guess we'll see, they gave themselves 2 months more and it's an iteration of the prior product

>TimeDock for Pebble Time & Pebble time 2 (charging stand)
>supposed to ship: late summer
>working prototype

Navdy makes me sour as shit but at least they have to demo functional hardware for me to be convinced to crowdfund. With games, you get none of that; it's all a concept, and you can't tell if it's going to be awesome or shit. And usually, it's shit.

And the sequel is much better than its predecessor, although it feels bit anticlimax

failed to even get kickstarter moneys in time but still gonna deliver

Something about a broken clock being right twice a day?

I have nothing against the shovel night devs but I think crowdfunding for game development is just a bad idea generally unless it's to keep development of an existing game going, not to fund a concept in hopes of a good game later. The risk/reward is just not worth it, IMO.

Yes, tons of them you stupid faggot. The lists get reposted every single fucking thread that touches on crowdsourcing. Lurk fucking more.

Not really kickstarter but crowdfunded nonetheless.
I hope it goes well..

Kickstarter was a great contributor to the resurgence of CRPG productions of late.

Unfortunately its a mostly niche genre now a days. Thankfully its been kept alive by a very dedicated fanbase.

Undertale.

Good games happen when you back actual game developers instead of hacks.

>Still having hope after 3.3 million

>risk
Well, your call of course, but to me gambling $15 or so a couple times a year on something I consider promising and feasible is nothing. I've got a solid 60-70% success rate for my KS with only a couple of real stinkers so it's been fine. It's entirely reasonable though to just wait and let the rest of us do it though, particularly for people who aren't good at choosing/researching and/or don't have much income. Not like there aren't endless fantastic already made games out there.

>Good games happen when you back actual game developers instead of hacks.

So whats that got to do with Undertale?

>actual game developers
Toby Fox doesn't even know how to program.

They put out an updated version of the original game a few months after their reboot got funded.
They still pump out emails talking about the development of the reboot. It's been in development for quite some time now though.

Bloodstained is looking pretty good (depending who you ask). There's a thread about the leaked E3 build and the anons who played it said it was pretty good for how early in development it is.

Grim Dawn and Crea.

>ever being fully released

la mulana 2 is looking good

Shantae is about as close to a sure bet as you can get.

STALKER 2 aka some shit from 'devs'.

kickstarter.com/projects/1577656602/areal
This fucking scammadonia!

>WayForward

bland and boring

Massive Chalice went well so that kinda restored my faith in them a little

It came out but it was a very mediocre game.

Spelunky was a kickstarter game iirc and that's awesome.

>Suspended by Kickstarter
There a story behind that?

>There a story behind that?
Yes.

And then it was ruined with spacebase df-9

Starbound

Shadowrun
FTL
SUPERHOT
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
Chroma Squad
Darkest Dungeon
Planetary Annihilation
Wasteland 2
Hyper Light Drifter
Undertale
Shovel Knight
Pillars of Eternity
Risk of Rain
Volgarr the Viking
Dust: An Elysian Tail

>Still to be seen
Shantae: Half Genie Hero
Shenmue III
Yooka-Laylee
A Hat in Time
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Star Citizen

>Torment: Tides of Numenera
When the fuck is it coming out anyway

Most Kickstarters that has been released has been good or at least decent so far except for MN9. I don't even know how you can miss that.

Scamming on Kickstarter isn't very viable, it really only works well if you're a person that's famous and/or already are tied to a famous IP.

Always do your research and read up on things before donating to a kickstarter, that's the thing people didn't do with MN9.

> Also post more failures and/or scams

I can't remember if Skullgirls was crowdfunded or not but the DLC characters all were, so that's nice

people seriously think this isn't vaporware

>I hope it goes well..
>Trusting Tim "1 + 1 + 40 = 50" Schafer

Molyneux is just retarded, Scam Citizen's Chris Roberts is more fitting.

>shenmue 3

Later this year last I checked.

It kinda amazes me how a non programmer released a complete game while larger developers with experience end up with no release.

Shovel Knight.

Bloodstained, Shantae and Yooka-Laylee are all looking to be pretty good as well.

Shantae HGH, Yooka-Laylee, TJ&E back in the groove and Bloodstained are looking real good