Two big JRPGs out in the next five or so days, and I can only get one

Two big JRPGs out in the next five or so days, and I can only get one.

Which one is best? TMS looks fun but the idolshit really turns me off. I love both SMT and FE so it should be a slam dunk for me on paper, but I can't say it really evokes much of those games to me.

SOV also looks really fun, good combat and awesome seamless transitions between battles/cutscenes/field/etc. It seems like the game/writing might have a lot less personality though?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m30QrQ1WAsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>big

>big
>One is a "mash up" of two niche series
>the other is even more niche
>big

Star Ocean is a much more tradditional JRPG, Mirage Sessions seems like a vare bare bones rpg but makes up for it in the fun/weird stuff and putting it's own spin on the genre.

I will wait for user reviews before I pirate mirage sessions and Ill just pirate SO5 the day it reaches PC because people have said it's pretty good.

Fuck consoles holding back these games and the industry though for real.

Big as in big budget, non-indie. full priced. etc.

No need to harp on wording like try-hards.

both bombed so hard in Japan.
stop shilling garbage

get both you poor fucking piece of shit.

Neither is big budget

Japan has shit taste

>both bombed so hard in Japan.

Japanese people dont play games on consoles anymore, thats why they bombed

>Star Ocean is a much more tradditional JRPG
Have you even seen gameplay of it?
It's far from a traditional JRPG, it's more like Crisis Core if anything else.
It's also very, very basic

Ace Attorney 6 sold 300k in a week
those trash sold like 2k or 3k

yeah so u just confirmed japan doesnt play on consoles anymore. handhelds are 1 step away from mobile and its just about to eat handhelds

first mobiles will destroy japans console industry then handheld industry and PC cucks from the west will do their part in destroying it too from their own lands

#FE has been confirmed as maximum weeb kusoge for ages
SO5 has been confirmed as a major disappointment by the japs themselves and is literally pc port because bomba in Japan tier now

What exactly caused such an enormous shift in Japan's videogame climate in just the past 5 or 6 years?

>kusoge

Do you even know what kusoge means?

I'm getting Star Ocean, been nothing but shooter garbage since Xenoblade X

Well stop buying shitty shooters?

I got #FE SE on the way. I dunno about SO5 tho. I'm not a fan of the series and I haven't heard good things. It looks nice tho. Might wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

#FE is good game if you like shitty braindead idolshit story.

gameplay is actually better than most JRPG.
making weapons is fun.

If it reviewed so well why did it sell like shit?

reminder idolshit is niche even in Japan.

Whatever you say.

good games selling badly is a new thing to you?

No it's not but sales are tangible evidence of a game's performance whereas individual reviews are not.

Sales don't mean everything but they are more useful than reviews.

>proving him right
That's like one of the recognizable brands and sold like a third of the new ace attorney. In Japan to boot.

>Sales don't mean everything but they are more useful than reviews.
Not in this day and age it isn't

Yes user the 3DS is very popular in Japan.
We know this.

That doesn't mean Idolm@ster sold poorly, it sold very well.

#FE is automatically a winner for me because the character designs aren't absolute trash.

Better gameplay is a plus too.

Hasn't SOV been confirmed shit?

It sold out with just 83,000 copies moved.
How is that anything but niche?

Because it's four times what #FE sold so I don't see how you can blame idolshit.

Yes.

You clearly don't know how things work in Japan.

No.

TMS. Only because it has more than 15 hours of gameplay.

It sold well for what it is. Well it's a huge brand to that audience so why not? It's still a very niche type of game. Even says in the article the last one sold like 60k.

It's literally the most popular idolshit series and it sold 83,000 copies.
It's niche as fuck.

All I've heard that's "bad" about it is that it's short (25ish hours) which isn't really a negative for me tbqh.

Neither. Stop supporting nintendo censorship. All the sjw gaming journalist websites are giving it raving scores only because they want to create the illusion that censorship is good and people want horrible translations.

Star Ocean isn't worth full price.

Wait for Zero Time Dilemma which comes out next week. Make sure you beat 999 and VLR before you get that tho.

>the article the last one sold like 60k.
There were complications with the previous game. It was a 360 exclusive game in Japan with missing characters.

For it to sell that much regardless is actually a fucking miracle.

yeah Zero Time Dilema is a great JRPG!
dumbass

I'm already getting ZTD, don't worry.

Except it has
>short as fuck
>easy as fuck
>non skippable cutscenes in current year
>barely any extra game content
>literally one single planet
>sidequests are braindead grind/fetch shit
>patnsu on head retarded PA system where you have to continuously enter and exit areas to trigger new ones

im@s is long running series from arcade and Tsubasa is literally who idol.
no wonder it sold like shit

So it's the same as #FE?

user SMT predates Im@s by three decades.

and FE too
but #FE is nothing related to SMT and FE

SOV is confirmed garbage, avoid. Or pirate when it comes to PC.
FE is also shit. Buy Atelier Sophie if you like cute girls and alchemy.

Look, I'm fine with you not beng interested in TMS #FE but let's not even pretend for a second that any modern Star Ocean is a good game.

>#FE is nothing related to SMT and FE
I'm sure that will come true if you keep repeating it enough.

Except #FE barely has any SMT content.
They alienated both fanbases and it bomba just like it should

Now user you know it's not becoming to shitpost.

>Buy Atelier Sophie if you like cute girls and alchemy.
If you haven't finished Sophie by now you must suck at video games.

>but it's got a jack frost cameo poster and SMT skill names!
WOOOOW

take your tinfoil hat off, jesus

I'll buy neither and just watch Macross since it's idols in space.

Right I forgot you decide what games are part of a series and not the developers.
I'll make sure to ask you next time too.

Someone's never played an FE game before apparently.

Is #FE now EO because there's some EO fanservice?

>because bomba in Japan tier now

It's sold three times as much as #FE. 50k for #FE. SO5 has sold through about 150k. 140k of that on PS4. Numbers pulled from Media Create.

sorry senpai

most important things are

SMT is RPG about law/neutral/chaos routes and demon fusing in nuked Tokyo
FE is sRPG about dragon and shiiiit

#FE doesn't have both

TMS simply so you can shit post about it

TMS has an interesting story and decent combat, but is barebones outside of that and the "crossover" shit is just window dressing.

Star Ocean has fun gameplay, but a shitty story and is pretty barebones as well.

My personal opinion is to wait for a sale, unless you're obsessed with physical copies then get TMS because Nintendo is horrible about keeping non-major titles in print

Ace Attorney is on a handheld idiot. Are you really this dumb?

Zelda II doesn't have any of the conventional Zelda tropes and is a 2D platformer.
Is it not a Zelda game because you don't think so?

I thought SO was supposed to be a faceroll piece of generic shit?

this, and I don't know about US but in EU the game got so little copy available I'm pretty sure it'll become pricey later.

Is that a bundle?

Star ocean games tend to have cringey stories and voice acting and with mediocre gameplay. OK games overall just really nothing special though.

TMS looks surprisingly refreshing. The dungeon gameplay I saw was nice and the dialogue was funny.

most SMT or FE fans didn't think it's SMT/FE game.
that's why this game sold like shit.

You mean that shit one with the Jew and the terrible maps.

But hey, it has a cameo so it's totally a cross over.

>he doesn't know
M8, she's been in every game

You truly are a dumbass, don't complain about the crossover if you don't know anything about the series anyways

How about you buy a real game and don't shit on the industry by slurping up shit like an incessant CoDfag.

SOV, basically the one that isn't censorshit.

Plus, you can play #FE FOR FREE UNCENSORED with english translation in about a month anyway

No it's a bad colector edition.

Aww

SOV is censored, check the panties.

Zelda 2 had a lot more elements from the first Zelda, despite the gameplay change. TMS cops the spells and items from Persona/SMT, and the names, weapon triangle, and level up mechanics from FE. Everything else is unique

>Star Ocean looks cringey
>Idol high school game looks funny

For some reason I think you are a Nintoddler. Can't quite place my finger on it.

>SOV, basically the one that isn't censorshit.
That's slightly censored too also why would you buy a game that also shit?

Given the choice between two censored games I would always choose the one that isn't shit and SO looks mediocre as fuck.

Are you retarded?

But SOV doesn't look like hot garbage unlike Tokyo Mirage Censored. Like seriously, sludge tits. You'd have to be a literal faggot to buy TMS

No, they just have better standards.

Okay mate.

Let's set aside this argument I don't give a shit about anymore.

I almost didn't believe you, but you wouldn't just lie so I googled it.

I can't believe I didn't notice there was always some red headed Jew making the same fucking pose. She always looks so different. Even between RD and PoR.

Maybe I have downs because I didn't notice. Are there any other characters like this?

Come on dude, you don't have to be a Nintendrone to see how shit SOV looks.
I mean those models are lower than Xenoblade tier

I'd rather have sludge tits than mediocre gameplay with characters that have the "bashed in with a frying pan" look.

Nintendrone detected. How the fuck can you say star ocean is cringey but high school idolshit isn't? Fuck off.

Guess you won't be playing Tokyo Mirage CENSORED then :^)

>SO looks mediocre as fuck.
>Implying TMS looks any better

The character models look great. The lighting might be too realistic for some of them but overall it still looks great. Everything about it looks like it should be at least a decent game.

#FE is the biggest disappointment of the last 5 years for me. It's almost as bad as when DmC was announced, that is to say the continued antics are nowhere near as bad as what mad DmC even worse day by day, but the initial shock is similar.

>I won't be playing a game with better visuals
What?

Yeah, and TMS has models that are worse than PS1 FF7 tier

Well, if you are going to play the better looking game, then I guess you'll be playing SOV

>SOV doesn't look like hot garbage
It does tho and the series as a whole was mediocre at best, while Atlus could shit out better games in their sleep. If my life was on the line, I sure as fuck would trust Atlus 10/10 times to make a better game over Tri Ace.

Butthurt nintendrone detected

On one character. And they added like 2 square inches of fabric. And you can still see them.

Compare that to that fucking wedding dress in #FE or the fact that that same characters underskirt shots are just glimpses into a dark cloudy void of nothing.

Except SOV looks like hot trash both visually and gameplay wise.
youtube.com/watch?v=m30QrQ1WAsw