CIVILIZATION VI - E3 2016 Walkthrough

youtube.com/watch?v=yKUFvo3_FYQ

Looks even more dumbed down from Civ5

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XhG6Qaij7VE
express.co.uk/news/world/682439/Angela-Merkel-migrant-crisis-Syria-Africa-European-Union-EU-referendum-Brexit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonia_naming_dispute
historyofmacedonia.org/MacedonianGreekConflict/conflict.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This shit looks cool though

Did the game's modelers get Howard Taft mixed up with Theodore Roosevelt?

>lowtest twink detected
the man got shot and finished an hour long speech. He went out west and was a cowboy thats the body of a real man

That's just how the average American look, user.

I hate America but I respect Teddy Roosevelt.

Is civilization a 4X game?

>roosevelt is fat
>he wasn't fat irl
>mfw

looks promising.

dude was a gay nazi though

Is Civ a resource game? I wanna play a civilization/city builder that advances at my pace

>le lowtest detected meme
What's with people on anime imageboards pretending they have high testosterone levels?

I do not like that Teddy.

He was fatter when he was president, but most people are just used to seeing photos of him when he was younger.

try cities: skylines

Cleopatra confimred leader of Egypy

*shit egypt

That's been known for weeks. At least she's not speaking Arabic (or maybe she is and I'm retarded).

is that sean bean

ye

Fucking Taft

Niggers

Yes.

>Those tits

Nice Clash of Clans graphics. Cease and desist letter when?

Do we know who China yet?

TAFT YOU FUCK

I know, just kinda looks like they're running out of ideas at this point too. Just the same shit, but with Districts and Wonders requiring their own tile and that Govt Policy menu. Other than that literally the same game from what I can tell. Pretty disappointing, definitely not going to pick up at release.

im still oging to try it. civ is some fun and comfy vidya

Theodore was more built like a brick wall as seen in the in OP's picture while Taft was like and oversized tear drop.

>Trait picking instead of having dynamic changeable government types

Why..

I am kind of confused as to why Cleopatra is the leader of Egypt. She was basically a Roman whore whose entire reign was facilitated by Roman politics.

Why does he look like Gaben?

They wanted famous personalities rather than good leaders for their agenda system.

This is a good decision. The most important thing is having an AI that's fun to play against.

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like Sean Bean's accent. They better keep him around for the DLC and shit thought, I don't want Sid Meier reading quotes ever again.

It's gonna be a 5 all over again.

>game releases
>everyone hates on it and the new features
>people get used to them eventually
>DLC is released
>everyone forgets about the previous game

I'm just happy 6 has a lot of the stuff they added in 5's DLC. Vanilla 5 was boring as fuck.

Am I the only one who things the new one looks pretty neat?

Civ V looks like shit so I'm not to bothered by the cartoony artstyle, at least now things will be easier to see.

The UI looks pretty shit though, I will say that.

Civ V was hated because its vanilla was gutted. It needs DLC to be good.

>all this hype about an even more casualized, ugly mess
>nobody talks about Endless Legend

This and those WoW threads, Skyrim shit, Mass Effect, Battlefield nonsense really shows how neo-Sup Forums is a very real thing.

Literally looks like Civ5 all over again. Only Districts now and Govt policies. Nothing new.

Yeah. And Civ 5 is great.

Did Endless Legend 2 got confirmed? Did they add new DLC?! Oh well then shut up.

shallow

>Did they add new DLC?!

A few weeks ago actually, yes.

this game has fuckin NAZI Gandhi and you wonder why cleo is choosen??

>civ 6

Damn, I'm still playing 3 like a raging autist.

Enjoy paying 60 dollars for nothing new you silly goy

I've never tried it since I tend to find turn based 4X game a bit boring(damn Paradox have spoiled me with their real time games)

Sell me on it user. What makes it more fun than something like Civ?

Cleopatra looks wierd in the defeat screen.

The artstyle and Fog of War looks better in motion than the reveal screenshots.

I'm not sure though, I feel betrayed since Beyond Earth and Rising Tide.

Have you heard of these mystical things called, torrenting, sales, and resellers?

yea they aren't innovating or adding anything new. The district shit could just be a 10 dollar expansion to Civ5 tbqh

hitler in?

What does this face convey?

>I'm not sure though, I feel betrayed since Beyond Earth and Rising Tide.

You could tell from the beginning that BE was filler made by the b team meant to fill in the space between Civ V and Civ VI. I'm not sure how people were tricked.

Nope. And if you mean bat guys thats old already.

>tfw medieval era doesn't have feudalism (vassals, lords, etc)
Typical firaxis

>All they had to do was make Civ IV 64 Bit and DirectX11/12
>Instead they made a dumbed down Civ V which was already a dumbed down Civ IV which was already a dumbed down Civ III

Please fucking kill the fucktards who run this franchise. Just give to to the Directors who work on XCOM please. PLEASE.

It's fantasy Civ with more focus on exploration, a beautiful map, very original and creative races with pretty unique playstyles and a bit more focused endgame due to a dynamic quest system. Also the music is fantastic:

youtu.be/XhG6Qaij7VE

Lots of feedback during beta and after release what felt wrong/missing, expansion came and changed a few things to spice it up but it feels so bland it just makes me want to go play SMAC and Civ 5.

Poor guy, he doesn't know...
merkel has been confirmed ;-;

No, this is different from civ
It's like a fantasy civ.

Why would it? The games have almost no politics in them to begin with apart from some simple polices and shit like that.

> 5
> Implying this wasn't the case with 3 and 4 as well
Underage pls

>she's not black like rev
Fuck, I wanted to make WE WUZ jokes
Atleast they're going the historically accurate route

>Enjoy WoW
>Enjoy Battlefield
>Enjoy Mass Effect 1 and 2
>Also enjoy Endless Legend

So are you neo-Sup Forums too or??????

>a living person being in a civ game
lmao

Civ VI clearly said that a leader can unite tribes
Like the EU3 vassal system

So, it's sort of Civ with more rpg on the side instead of Civs?

made me look, thank god

Mwahahaha
White master race again
express.co.uk/news/world/682439/Angela-Merkel-migrant-crisis-Syria-Africa-European-Union-EU-referendum-Brexit

It's just gonna be good old Big Fred isn't it?

Cleopatra wasn't really Egyptian to be fair.

What was she?

She's greek
She's the heir of Ptolemy
Retarded Firaxis doesn't know she's white

Definitely more RPG. You can even equip your lords and units with items. Also the combat, while still flawed and kinda weird, is way better than in the Civ games.

Theodora the whore sickens me

Macedonian.

Don't worry they'll add Ramesses later and give him a coat of tar.

So it's like a combo of CK2??
Well, damn.

Sounds fun. Hope it gets a decent sale in a few hours.

Yeah sure, MACEDONIA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonia_naming_dispute
historyofmacedonia.org/MacedonianGreekConflict/conflict.html

>nothing new
>except for these things that drastically alter some of the core aspects of the game
You're forgetting the terrain-contextual research and unit nesting, too.

Also. How vital is the DLC? Are we talking CivV vital or more just some neat additions?

She's greek

Macedonia shouldn't even fucking exist.

Bulgaria and Serbia should've divided it up together.

WE WUZ GREEKS

The vanilla game is good on its own but the DLC is pretty neat and adds lots of stuff to the mid- and endgame. Would definitely recommend it if it's on sale.

YOU ARE STILL GREEK SINCE 2000BC

Why do people think this game is fun? I tried civilization V and it was just so boring. I've always enjoyed total war games because in them you can atleast battle with your armies.

It's still close to Civ in many mechanics though. If you really hate Civ as a whole then I kinda doubt that you will like Endless Legend.

>more focused endgame
You're kidding. EL's endgame is weak as shit. It's the main reason I prefer Civ V.

Well. Same thing really. Macedonian is only more in depth.

It really depends on your faction and which DLC you own. It's not perfect but certainly better than Civ 5.

I think it looks fine despite the memes. The individual tiles actually mattering thing would look like shot in 5's graphics.

Aight. Thanks.

Well, I do like Civ. Just in general I'm not to hot on the turn based stuff.

Because it is. You are just one of those people that has to have a bright light, a loud sound or blood to keep their attention.