Is this worth getting if its in the sale...

Is this worth getting if its in the sale? I actually have no idea how good/bad it is because of all the nigger memes when it came out. Also general AOE/AOM thread.

KANGZ

N'

N

SHIET

Theres your answer.

*smacks lips*
So you be sayin

EW

ZUW

Ok, thanks guys.

Anyone else?

*steals*
AYO

WE WUZ 20 DOLLAS N SHIET - Luis 2016
#PumpTrump2016

I personally have never played it but one of my friends used to play it all the time back in the day. I don't know if that helps or not, but my friend liked it maybe you will.

HOL' UP

*FIRES GLOCK IN TO AIR WILDLY*

AY YO

NIGGA IN'CRADLE WIDDA SILVA GLOCK, HE AIN'T GOT NO DADDI AND HE GOT A TEN INCH COCK, WHENZ DADDI COMIN HOME

*collects welfare*
HOL UP

just pirate it, its expensive as fuck on steam it should be like $5

It's awful, just get the "Forgotten Empires" mod for the original AoE2.

>new graphics mix really poorly with the old
>everything is blurry for some reason
>animations are locked at 30fps for no reason, even though the game runs at 60+ (and they weren't locked in Forgotten Empires)
>twitch xDDDD

Thank you. How are the civs? Are they fun to play as? Is the content actually new?

I got the expansion for Age of Myth and was fucking buttblasted by the half ass effort, boring as fuck campaign, bugs, and "new" models which were actually reskins of already existing assets. Any of this common in African Kingdoms?

It's pretty decent in my opinion.

the forgotten empires mod is made by the same people who did china expansion aom.
on a side note you can get forgotten empires with african kingdoms on the steam version.
also african kingdoms blows forgotten empires out of the water, feels like a proper full expansion like conquerors did. unlike forgotten empires that feels like a mod ( a good mod mind you, but a mod none the less)
but i mean if you want the full expirience just get forgotten and african kingdoms while they're on sale, i would say its worth.

AYO HOL UP!

its shit. aoe2 was a great game back in its day, but they literally updated nothing. you cant even middle click in this fucking game, it still uses all the old controls and menus.

WE

Get Age of Mythology instead

the new civs are underpowered but each civ does have as much new content as possible in aoe2. The most significant change in African Kangdomz is the AI for the base game has been improved substantially.

Agreed, Forgotten empires did feel like a mod to me. Wasn't a fan of it really. Didn't know that they were the same bastards who made the abomination that is the AOM "expansion" but I guess it makes sense. I'll get African if it's cheap enough, thanks man

The civs are fine and interesting for the most part, you'd probably get an earful from the "pro" crowd as how they're imbalanced and the usual shit. The effort that went on the building sprites is commendable, they work really well with the old stuff, and they've improved on some of the new units (which were previously reskins in the standalone mod). However the terrain and "HD effects" are a mess (some of it can be mitigated with mods and texture packs), and I've seen a lot of people complain about the poor performance, which is kinda expected to be fair since they were working with a 15 year old engine.

Already got and played the shit out of since it came out. Apart from the Dragon emporer.. I cannot bring myself to play it.
Thanks. Sounds worth it then.

the civs in forgotten empires are a nice little addition and make african kingdoms feel well rounded out, but the single player campaign is just no. the single player african kingdoms feels as authentic as conquerors and vanilla though. and adds a few extra mechanics to the old races (a second unique castle upgrade for all races for example.