Should I get this during the Steam Summer Sale? I am a huge fan of 3 and 4, but I heard the PC version is trash...

Should I get this during the Steam Summer Sale? I am a huge fan of 3 and 4, but I heard the PC version is trash, and the fact that there is no Caucasian white male voice other than Britbong is kinda off putting

Other urls found in this thread:

saintsrowpowertools.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your ugly face is off putting

It generally runs at double speed on modern PCs, there are two known fixes for that, though. Otherwise it's fine but it's a low budget game and that kinda shows.

I just really don't like the voice selection in Saints Row 2

It's a god awful port but downloading some mods help a bit

saintsrowpowertools.com/

It's a great game regardless

2 is way better than 3 and 4. Insane character with ridiculous ideas in a dead serious world rather than being "wacky".

Has some feels too.
I'm sorry Carlos.

[F]

it's shit. don't trust the memes.

I literally just torrented this game and it's as fun as I remember. Download the Gentlemen of the Row mod, lots of fixes/improvements to the PC version with lots of optional stuff

F

>PC version is trash
No dude it's more fun because there's a lot of mods

I heard about the mods part, and I did hear it is way better than Saints Row 3 and 4.

But if mods don't actually help too much I'm better off not getting it

Is there a mod that puts Trey's voice back in? At least for when you kill people?

I played through it on PC with no problems other than like 2-3 crashes but it might be just me

There probably is, never bothered looking for voice mods though.

eight years later and I remember that clearly

intredasting

Just pretend you're playing as Crocodile Dundee.

Played it on PC with a controller just few weeks ago after finishing 3 and 4.
I still think this game does the story and humor better.

Also I didn't have any problems playing it singleplayer but the coop sometimes glitched.

Goddammit I don't wanna play an Aussie

The Steam version never worked for me regardless of patching it.

CD Projekt did the Saints Row 2 port way back then and it was shitty, it was rereleased on GOG last year and they touched it up on that service (although your mileage may vary, some people have the same issues as the Steam version). That plus the Gentlemen of the Row mod works perfectly for me.

if you liked 3 and 4 then you have no taste and you should maybe put a bullet in your noggin??????????

It isn't too hard to get it working properly, and it's absolutely worth the effort.

Two is pretty serious besides the main character and Gat who are portrayed as flat out lunatics. The game is a lot darker.

You're basically shit posting the city. Makes sense to pick the Aussie voice.

Four was fun as its own thing. I just treated it like a good Matrix game. Three was terrible though.

F

I have the GoG version, and the only problem I have is the framerate constantly dipping hard. Way below 30 FPS. I heard GotR might fix some things, but it didn't seem to help much.

Hate the cockney accent or whatever bullshit that was

Yup. Three was just weird. Four was enough over the top it became funny again. Also the mechanic that you get health from killing people was better than just replenishing health.

Only thing that was pointless in 4 was the car customization. Why use cars if you run faster than anything?

As someone who also played 3 and 4 before playing 2, I'm telling you that, gameplay wise, Saint's Row 2 is complete trash in comparison.

If you like missions based around blowing up helicopters that kill you in one hit, shitty floaty combat, mundane shooting, and no character progression, then you'll like it.

I honestly feel like the only reason people on Sup Forums like Saint's Row 2 is because it's a better dress-up simulator, and they got triggered by Saint's Row 3's goofier turn in story. From a pure gameplay mechanics standpoint, 3 and 4 are massive improvements, and you will feel Saint's Row 2's step down in quality the second you start playing. Don't believe Sup Forums's lies.

the britbong voice is fucking fabulous, you shuf your mouf

I'd rather play as spic or nigger

I don't get what happened with three. The writers completely missed the mark on what made two funny. It wasn't the main character being nuts, it was his interactions with everyone else. The whole "whacky and crazy" thing was stupid.
>L-look one of the gangs is L-luchadores

Also three was really fucking short.

What was hilarious about four was the spent some bizarrely disproportionate amount of money on the music for the radio... That you never hear... Because cars are useless.

Two is clunky but it had story and the gangs were much more believable. The humor was a lot better too.

Expecting Saint's Row 2 to play as well as it's newer iterations is stupid.

>You will notice that this older game doesn't play as well as the new games
Well no fucking shit you idiot

its dated and you most likely wont enjoy it that much. For nostalgia fags only

You have an on foot radio in 4

The map in 2 is better

I love SR2 and I'm here to say DON'T

Just get it on console. The PC version is a travesty. Mods don't fix shit.

You know what I mean though. The amount of money they spent on licensed music was really high from memory. The standard music was solid.

Helicopter controls were really good too.

It felt dated when it came out. It's still a good game.

>Expecting Saint's Row 2 to play as well as it's newer iterations is stupid.
>Well no fucking shit you idiot

Not every sequel plays as well as its predecessor.

The thing is, Saint's Row is a video game series. If the game plays like dogshit, then there's no reason to waste your time with it. Whenever Saint's Row 2 or 3 come up in conversation on Sup Forums, the general tone is usually "Man, Saint's Row 2 was the best, and they really fucked up with Saint's Row 3." As a person who has similar experience to OP, I wanted to be the only person warning him that Saint's Row 2 does not play well.

I pirated the PC version and used a patch, I found it still unplayable, then I bought the PS3 version and it became one of my favorite vidya.

The thing is, Saints Row is a video game series.
Well no shit you fucking idiot

>As a person who has similar experience to OP, I wanted to be the only person warning him that Saint's Row 2 does not play well.

I'll keep this in mind. Thanks

Bullshit. I played and finished it 7 months ago and enjoyed it.

It plays about as well as you would expect a predecessor to play comparatively.

Remember when you could only fire out of a car at hard 90 degree angles in GTA games? Was it a shit mechanic? Yep. Would it be stupid to compare its mechanics directly with GTA IV or V? Yep.

Now factor in that Saints Row 3 was garbage next to 2 and 4 was basically a different game entirely.

It's clunky but it really doesn't play THAT badly. It had stuttering issues when it came out but that was solved by having video cards way more powerful than the game should've ever needed

The real challenge is getting it to run. After that you're gold.

>Now factor in that Saints Row 3 was garbage next to 2
That isn't true

Volition put no effort into porting it so you shouldn't put any money toward it.

Yeah, judging from this thread, I might as well pirate it

No its unplayable despite using all the mods. Get it on 360

Get it on 360 or PS3. If you play the PC version, you will hate it.

>unplayable
How so famalam? All you need is GotR and a controller.