Anyone here plays hearts of iron iv?

anyone here plays hearts of iron iv?
i'm telling you it's the shit, go play it handsome stranger

Yes, I once conquered the world with my Fascist Ireland. It was fun.

And by world, I'm referring to North Ireland. Then the Allies crushed me.

i honestly think that everyone picks fascist countries or change them into fascist for some reason

Go Belgium!

Well it makes sense since you're less restricted that way.

Democracies just aren't as fun to play

>no restrictions in changing economy setup
>better bonuses than communism
i dont see any reason to be anything but facist

>Play as China
>go fascist, take the military youth & militarism foci
>get 30mil manpower without changing conscription laws

Which is better, HoI3 or HoI4?

does that mod also change the portraits for ministers and generals?

HoI3 right now is much better, though it was unplayable when it launched

If you are looking for WW2 simulator, HoI3.
If you are looking for sandbox game set in WW2, HoI4.

You would think Paradox would improve the AI with every new installment, but that's not the case.

>Saunders as US of A

wew lad

i literally can't stop playing it

>Take all my forces and attack denmark
>10 soldiers vs 15
>They just keep running at the danes shooting
>Nothing happens
>My 15 loses against their 10
>fun game

>crossing a river/strait more then likely
>hills
>your army comp is shit

Your losing is a casual as balls game.
>bigger is always betterer

>that Germany flag

Why are Europeans so afraid of Swastika?

It's illegal to display them in Germany and certain other European nations.

Wait for mo... ah right, the'll just pull them off from workshop.

fucking paracucks

If it's anything like the other games you can just drag and drop a picture to change the flag

What about Hitler? Do they censored Hitler too?

hi johan

in Germany yes.
He literally doesnt have a face in the german version from what I've seen

yes

Yes

What France did in my game as Germany.
>Declares war on neighbor.
>Brings troops back from Maginot line.
>Germany takes forts.
>Then begins Blitzkrieg through southern France.

Really, the AI isn't too smart in this game.

>black out his face
>still call him Adolf Hitler
For what purpose?

>allied forces non-stop dropping on the shores of normandy and getting their entire divisions killed of instantly
Uk is over 1m at deaths just from that alone

No shit it's bad m8, its a paradox game that barely got released, what did you expect?

Because people get triggerd just by looking at his face.
>M-Muh feelings

>AI Germany decides to launch the invasion of the low countries during the winter of 1939
>Whatever, fine
>But instead of invading through the low countries, they just attack the Maginot line while keeping the Belgians tied down without advancing
>This continues till summer 1940
>By this time the British have taken half of Italy and neither the Italian Navy nor the German Army give a fuck
>Germans bleed huge amounts of manpower because they were insistent of pushing through the French-German border instead of the French-Belgian one
The AI is fucking trash

Is Hitler actually Nyarlahothep in this game as well?

le mystery man

I wonder, can you get arrested for having a Charlie Chaplin moustache in Germany?

My German friend said that displaying pictures of the more """"controversial""""" ww2 figures in toys is banned, and video games are classified as toys there. I don't know if he pulled it out of his ass or not.

Is it breaking German censorship laws to replace the normal Hitler pic with this one ?
I honestly wouldn't mind playing a game as evil shadow Hitler.

They did improve it. AI in HoI3 and HoI2 is absolute trash. AI in HoI4 is still trash, but it's slightly improved trash.

I've heard it's because the game has been designed around a multiplayer focus

I wonder if they'll ever improve it with the 30+ DLCs that'll be released.

I've heard the same thing here but never anything definitive.

He didn't, Germany is a totalitarian police state so you better fucking watch what you show if you don't want to be banned from selling your products there.

Honestly, I dont think so. I've seen a lot of pictures with people that have that kind of moustasches, but there again, Im not from Germany.

>shadow Hitler
Holy shit I'm modding that right away

which country is the most fun?

>Im not from Germany
You don't have to mod shit, shadow hitler is only for germany

B-But shadow Hitler looks nice...

>Austrian with Reich
>"I am growing stronger"

i thought you wanted it to be modded out, my bad.

It shouldn't be an issue. As far as I know it's only focused on products that are sold, what you do in the privacy of your own home with your videogames shouldn't be a big deal.

i'm trying hoi3 for the first time but i don't actually know how to play

started as yugoslavia, traded stuff to balance the books, sent spies to italy because fuck those guys, greece and every country around me has infantry at our borders but i dunno if i should worry. i don't know if i'm supposed to prepare for war and start building up now, i guess peacetime is just a gimmick in hoi and you're supposed to all gear up for war in the early game, regardless?

What country is good for learning the game?

Any advice is welcome.

Germany of course. AI is weak though, I finished Barbarossa in six months starting the invasion in the dead of winter (didn't even notice at first.)

After you take over Russia the game becomes really easy, once you formally dismantle the Soviet Union, all the partisan problems magically go away and you don't have to keep ANY soldiers in Russia, makes zero sense.

The early and mid game is pretty fun though, I overall enjoyed it. Just waiting for some patches and BLACKICE/Kaiserreich to release.

it's shit* FTFY

Canada, Brazil or Sweden are decent starters, or so I've heard

USA or Nazi Germany. Both are massive countries with lots of room to expand. You can easily make some mistakes without it necessarily destroying your progress.

USA has the Great Depression modifier though, meaning less focus on things that use PP and more so on assigning factories, etc.

Nazi Germany has a modifier because of Hitler to get more PP, so more research/ diplomacy options.

Soviet Union is also doable, but I'd say it's mid-tier. France and Japan are easy, but you got to know how the mechanics works or you'll fall apart.

So yeah, go for USA or Germany.

Germany.

Go heavy into tanks, Industry, and Infantry stuff. Air Force is a must or the RAF will literally fuck your shit daily. Focus on subs for your navy and do convoy raiding, don't bother with anything else at first playthrough, but if you really want to it's battleships and destroyers all day and you can beat the RN with a smaller, but more advanced navy if you really want to. Counterespionage, and I recommend supporting your party in America to keep them Neutral or get them Axis. Other than that, go ham on it. Germany is a easy way to start and is very forgiving.

HoI 3 is right now a better game, but a little more obtuse.

There's a couple good tutorials on youtube, the HoI wiki is also pretty good. Yugoslavia is not a great start if you're still learning the game. You need to use the time before the war to build up your industry as well as your military. If you're not prepared for the war, especially as a nation like Yugoslavia, your enemies will roll over you. Germany, Italy and the USSR all see Yugoslavia as an easy target.

I downloaded but it was too hard.

Any tips to combat my tism?

>go play it handsome stranger

Oh user...

>Also, don't forget to buy all of the amazing dlc as soon as it comes out!
>t. Johan Andersson

>If you are looking for SANDBOX GAME set in WW2, HoI4.

What?

The problem with Soviet Union is they start with so many divisions that it can take hours to optimize your OOB.

HoI4 is far less railroad-y than 3

I meant that in HoI3, you basically have to follow the WW2 scenario or the game falls apart, but the gameplay itself is a bit more in-depth and complex in some area.

In HoI4, you can play it completely different from history, like in other Paradox titles, and the AI will still somehow adapt.

I ended up booting up HoI 2 for the first time when I heard this was released
My first playthrough I played as Argentina, and made it my goal to prove to the world I was white by uniting all of south america under my banner.
Sadly, the US stomped my shit in after I got a bit too invasion happy.
My second go around, I schmoozed my way into the allies, which caused the UK to shower me in technology and willingly give the falkland islands back, and caused the US to actually aid me in invading Brazil.

Then I did a Germany game afterwards because a friend told me that it was more of a "campaign", which was fun.
The RNG really favored the Axis though, both Italy and Japan preformed amazingly, with Italy winning north Africa singlehandedly and kicking France, Belgium, and the UK out of Africa, and then repulsing a US landing in western Africa. Japan also beat the shit out of the US navy somehow, and went on to conquer Australia. Here's the final map for that game, quite pleased with how it turned out.

So as someone who's a huge fan of CK2 but never played HoI how blobby is this? If I pick Finland can I just go and conquer the entire Soviet Russia or is it more realistic in what you can do? What should I expect?

One of CK2's major downsides is how fairly easily you can build a huge empire from very shitty beginnings.

Thanks Anons , i think HoI4 sounds more fun than HoI3 but i stay with Victoria 2

Finland will definitely not conquer the soviet union.
Finland doesn't have good enough research teams to out-tech the USSR, nor do they have the industrial capacity to out produce the USSR. They could win a defensive war, but there's no way they could press inland without annexing most of europe to support their war machine.

> and the AI will still somehow adapt.
in my last game Japan took over all of the USA because the USA had all of its regiments in sjaeland Denmark surrounded by Germany.

IF they patch the ai to be less retarded it will become more railroady with the focus system.

Great powers very rarely switch to a different ideology that could completely fuck with the way the war turns out.

>i'm telling you it's shit
Fixed.

>If I pick Finland can I just go and conquer the entire Soviet Russia or is it more realistic in what you can do? What should I expect?
Yes, you can start as just about anyone and still win. AI is really bad with their division design, so as long as you spam infantry+artillery and keep research up to date, you are good to go.

>One of CK2's major downsides is how fairly easily you can build a huge empire from very shitty beginnings.
It's even easier in HoI4.

Well, have fun with your liquor enterprise.

Can you world conquer these games without playing as the big countries?

Im always forced to rely on allies and their industries to have a chance if Im playing a regional or minor power,also going neutral is discarded as well because I need good trades to survive.

I can't believe I actually took the time to learn to play HoI3 in preparation for this fucking turd. Almost as bad as Stellaris.

If Finland takes over all of Scandinavia and waits for Germany and Japan to declare war on the Soviets the Finnish could rush the decent provinces on their border in order to fuel their production.

Regional domination is possible provided you aren't in one of the main theatres, which really only leaves south america/the middle east as your options.

Maybe, but in HoI2 at least occupied provinces provided fuck all for industrial production, and it had to be rebuilt following battles happening in that province, which took time.

I think he was talking about HoI4 in which case only manpower is severely gimped in occupied/non-core provinces from what I could see.

Getting conflicted info here.

Well I guess I'll see if it gets a decent summer sale and grab it if it does.

Holy fuck.

HoI4 is ridiculously easy and stupid. You can definitely conquer pretty much everything with just a moderately sized country thanks to the god-awful combat AI. Your enemy will put half of its units defending peaceful borders and won't even bother moving the other half away once you do you do a basic 3-province encirclement.

>Well I guess I'll see if it gets a decent summer sale and grab it if it does.
Please don't give Paradox your money. Just pirate it.

Unless you pick a really minor nation, you can't loose.

The AI is pretty bad. They need to do some work before I would suggest it to anyone.

I mean it's either go that, Communist which has shitty bonuses and an even shittier Main guy at it's helm, or Democracy which has awful restrictions and you have to wait for a war and play defensively for the most part.

It took me six or seven attempts to break Germany's AI and I didn't even get the bear General flavor text.

>Please don't give Paradox your money
>aaaah Paradox aren't exclusively making games that I specifically like as much as their previous ones please don't buy their games aaaaah

Paradox have turned into DLC Jews now. Don't give your hard-earned shekels to DLC Jews.

...and yes, they're now releasing simplistic games for dummies because that's more profitable. That's part of it too.

Literally mindbroken by /gsg/ memes, I feel bad for you.

It's not "memes" if it's true.

I already played Hearts of Iron II dozens of hours.
I have absolutely no reason or motivation to play any of the Paradox grand strategy games released since then.

what exactly was wrong with what he said?
>Stellaris simplistic
>HoI4 more simplistic then HoI3
>DLC Jews
>sell what should be baseline features as dlc
>sell dlc that hardly works
>force people to use dlc that slows your game down (Rajas of India)

He's right. The AI is worse because of the battle planner and it's very easy in favor of the player. Not to mention that the tech trees could use a little more depth, espionage should be in the game, and the national focuses run out way too quickly.

It's like pissing in my coffee mug. It has the potential to be better, but until they fix it people shouldn't support them. It's honestly got the potential to be a much better game than any previous HoI, but it just isn't there yet.

so whats a good country to play in kaiserreich? I've already done canada, national and commune france, Imperial Russia and Greece. I am looking for a country that has decent tech-teams that can somewhat keep tech pace with the big boys, but is not forced to go to war like them.

I'm not arguing that the game isn't shit, I haven't played it, but trying to make other people pirate a Grand Strategy instead of buying it because you didn't like it is cancerous

Just demo/pirate to see if you like it and then make up your own mind. The screaming of the word "jews" again and again just makes you seem hysterical and a faggot.

I've never even been a fan of Hearts of Iron games, I don't want autistic complexity for complexity's sake. Just give us the FEELING we're running real countries and not some cartoonish simplifications. Very basic things, like how every commodity is produced, traded and stockpiled instead of a retarded "oil-o-meter" which gives you a slight production penalty if it goes into the negative.

You sound like a tryhard redditard trying to rationalize the fact he's a consumerist whore.

>cancerous
What the fuck does this word even MEAN to you?

If the game is shit, why would you have someone waste money on it?

What did Johan do to you to make you this irretrievably butthurt? I don't think anything can be done for your ruptured anus.

I'm just saying people should try it themselves instead of believing what some crying autist says. A pretty good definition of cancerous would be all your posts in this thread.

It doesn't matter how he worded it, the pure and simple fact is that the game is not very good. Buying it just tells Paradox that you're okay with it being the way it is.

Hopefully they fix it's core problems in a patch, and later DLC expands on the things that need work. Like the Naval and Air stuff, and espionage. Also I want HQ's to come back, but that's preference.

>play as denmark to get Scandinavia faction achivement
>dedicate half my industry to building AA and forts on tiny chokepoint
>get finland to be democracy
>get the national spirits to create a faction
>creating faction bugs out, doesnt allow me to do, asking me to get the national spirit I already have

>germany declares war
>they cant get past my 6 divisions dug in at border
>due to negative modifiers, any german division gets only 1 attack
>they throw their soldiers in hundreds of thousands into the grinder
>all my troops are elite
>I barely lose 1k and they pass 1 million mark

I stopped playing it after a while since it was simply shuffling my troops at border

>reading comprehension

>maymay arrows

Practice hungary, you can learn a lot from it.

That's why I said it's worth trying before you buy, maybe that first user is a casual and prefers GS like this. Everyone else isn't your personal army for your own design decision crusades.