just got this gem, what am I in for

weaboo

Autism

SPHERE OF MIGHT!

deviantart tier art

refund it fast if you can.

Shitty voice acting

Terrible voiceacting and freaky faces.

Also you're going to run out of MP and wonder why the fuck you died.

Bug eyes
Albel edge lord
SIDE KICK
SIDE KICK
SIDE KICK
Using explosion once and feeling let down
SIDE KICK
SIDE KICK
Realizing Maria is objectively the best character
I can't remember what her spammed moves are called

The world you live in is all a lie and a program/videogame simulation

SCATTER BEAM

Thinly veiled plot points to get you to grind/travel through samey environments, utilising a meh as fuck combat system, until the single worst twist in any game ever is thrown at you in the last 2 hours.

With a good OST.

at least you got it right, retards usually scream "VIDEOGAMES" only without context

that's SO2

Literally the perfect description of TtEoT

shitposting aside. A pretty damn good jrpg on the PS2.

>EVERYONE POST YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER.
Maria
AIMING DEVICE
AIMING DEVICE
AIMING DEVICE
AIMING DEVICE
AIMING DEVICE
AIMING DEVICE

Grinding and a bad story. Sorry OP this is where the star ocean series got bad, real bad and never recovered.

>tweeest

First time i ever dropped a videogame in my life. I was having such a fucking blast reading all the lore, the world and shit and then they go and do that. I just left there as the end for me.

There's this part with pplz who shoot lasers and knock u down most cheese fight in the game but enjoy it's a pretty good jrpg to b honest

I remember cosplaying Albel. Ah to be a kid again.

Yep. Traded my friend Xenosaga for this, so I thought I was upgrading. I was going off the game as it was and just kinda plodding along, dropped that shit when you get to the real world.

Watched the last boss/cutscene on YouTube years later, and it reinvigorated my hate for this game.

best shota from an rpg

Post pic user, blur your face if you want.

vomiting and immediately wanting to play pic related after

Eh it's probably not that bad. You guys just sound sensitive.

The game itself sounds much worse.

The twist could have been alright if it were presented in a better way. It really doesn't help that none of the cast really seem to react to it that much at all either. Everyone is kind of just cool with it like an hour after its revealed to them, making it seem cheap and pointless.

Never had a problem with the tweeest playing as a 10th grader. Still dont really see the issue now

shit story but good gameplay and music.

Who /DIMENSIONDOOR/ here?

That's literally the one thing I remember from the game other than the plot twist. It's also the reason why I sold the game.

I did rebuy the game back a month ago or so. Can't wait to play it again and maybe have different opinion about it.

It's pretty bad compared to 1&2

Youd like that, eh?

Not him but I think you should do it. We are all friends here.

I want to see it

Literally best SO game by far
Fucking FUN gameplay, especially magic being real time
Lots of diverse areas to explore, good length
Amazing and loads of extra game content
The story and characters are cringy weeb shit but so is the same for all SO games including 2 which doesn't even have good gameplay

HACK AN SLASH
HACK AN SLASH
HACK AN SLASH
HACK AN SLASH
Albel was andro enough to make my teenage libido question itself on more than one occasion

But Maria is best girl and always will be

gameplay is boring shit as you are limited to the main character for no fucking reason
The main character is also literally pantsu on head retarded and makes me want to puke, ESPECIALLY due to the fact he fucks up the best character and dragon in the game because M-MUH BRAINDEAD POSSESSED WAIFU

This is me. No point blurring out my face, since I was able to find it via google.

Pretty decent

did you get glomped by yaoi fangirls or is SO3 too niche for that

Probably the best Star Ocean. Remember to visit old places so you won't miss PAs or read a guide to where to find them.

Albel is the first video game character I can recall going gay for.

It was perceived well because chicks dig feminine males and Albel was the definition of EDGE back then. Too bad I was too autistic to fuck any bitches.

Once I got Roger onto my team
he never left, unless dictated by the story

>gem

Albel
AIR SLASH
AIR SLASH
AIR SLASH
AIR SLASH

at higher levels
AURA WALL
AURA WALL
AURA WALL
AURA WALL
I'M INVINCIBLE!!

A horrible step backwards after one of the best PSX rpg's ever made.

Greatest game ever with greatest plot ever with greatest lore ever

Looks like the nintoddlers and censorfags are in full force today. No, we're not buying your shitty censorshit. Stay salty nerds

How fucking stupid are you

Best Star Ocean.

Don't listen to SO2fags, SO3 shits on it gameplay wise.

>Can't tell the difference between a 13 year old game and the new Star Ocean despite there being a giant PS2 logo on the picture

You're so fucking stupid holy shit

Who the fuck cares about gameplay in JRPGs?

>who cares about gameplay

So this is what Sup Forums has come to

I thought they were just super salty about "muh story is a game" twist

It's an action RPG, you dope.

S-SIDE KICK

I want it on ps4 as a reason to replay the game again.

The best Action-RPG ever made with a great story, characters and 10/10 soundtrack.

It's literally just a game bro

A gimped Tales of game with less gratifying combat, and a terrible twist about the whole world being a virtual game.

The most complicated and frustrating version of a "Recruit to upgrade" mechanic of any game ever.

SO3 has better combat than any Tales game.

Why are Star Ocean 2 fags so cancerous? I've literally never witnessed a fanbase I'm a part of being this autistic. You can't talk about SO3 without them shitting up the thread.

And the weird thing about it is there's literally nothing about SO2 gameplay-wise that could even remotely be considered better compared to SO3. Absolutely nothing.
Story is subjective, but the change from semi-3D to full-3D gameplay from SO2 and 3 is undisputably objectively better in every way. I mean I fucking love SO2 but it's not even a contest. It's laughable.

hey man, thats actually pretty good.
honestly i was expecting some badly painted armor put together with cardboard or badly cut EVA foam.

nicely done, mate

Roger is such a qt
always wanted to leave him in his cage so I can fantasize about what that group of thieves would do to him
but I couldn't

>Stiff wait-based combat
>Better then being able to hit and combo at leisure

Yeah no. Star Ocean sucks balls, and its just an offshoot of the Phantasia team. Same devs who decided to split off. Down to the exact same menu and sprite style

Unbearable dialogue.

>wait based combat
When did we start talking about SO1? SO3 is nothing like that.

>Why are Star Ocean 2 fags so cancerous?

literal nostalgia fags that didnt like the change.

I'M NOT GETTIN TOO STRONG AM I?

Lots of blocking.

>Stiff wait-based combat
So you've only played Star Ocean on the SNES, if even that, and don't know shit about the series.

SO3 has more depth to it than any Tales game.

>>Stiff wait-based combat
what made you decide to post your opinion about a game you've never played or even saw footage of?