Old or new?

Old or new?

New is overdesigned shit, so old

that otter looks like donald trump haha

I'm autistic underage fedora tipping redditor in deinal that grew up with the gamecube so new of course

I'm autistic underage fedora tipping redditor in deinal that grew up with the gamecube so old of course

What the fuck is that bootleg Charmander?

Gen 7 is the ugliest gen

I just don't see it.

Rowlet = Bulbasuar
Litten > Charmander
Squirtle > Popplio
Spearow > Pikipek > Pidgey
Yungoos > Ratatta
Grubbin > Caterpie > Weedle
Mewtwo > Lunala > Solgaleo

Old is underdesigned laziness

Bulbasaur < Rowlett
Charmander > Litten
Squirtle > Popplio
Pidgey/Spearow < Pikipek
Ratatta > Yungoos
Weedle/Caterpie < Grubbin
Mewtwo = Solgaleo/Lunala

The gen 1 artwork for mewtwo is so bad.

>autism the post

grimer and muk are literally shit

Nothing particularly wrong with new designs, it's just that the water color art from the first and second gen games was perfect.

>being a genwunner

both because I'm not a petty faggot

The only bad designs here are mime, jynx and magmar.

>b-but it's just slime/a ball/a mole!

Philistines will never understand simplicity and minimalism.

Besides kum and ditto, what's wrong with the rest of the designs?

Diglet alone is legendary meme material

>all recognizable pokemon that every normal person born from 1990-93 knows

Kys you underage faggot

there is nothing wrong with any of these

quit bringing up this shit argument to justify your retardation to like Pokemon after gen 2

I like both for different reasons

Modern Pokemon designs are fine, honestly. My only problem with them is that they exist in the same universe as the older Pokemon designs. It's about consistency.

Who has the picture about Pokemon that make good furbait and Pokemon that make bad furbait

Hair

Jynx is supposed to be black. Then again this image is bait.

Designs aside, I really miss the watercolor style.

>I-It's okay because memes and muh nostalgia!
Get back to me once you come up with an actual argument

Yeah but in the west she is changed to be purple.

Someone please tell me why the new designs always look so stupid?

I can't ever get another pokemon game for a long time now because they look like that.

It's retrotastic.

I want to fit in with Smogen and 9gag so gen 1

Japan really has gone a little too far with it's love of roundness. I mean, they didn't even want to give the lion breaks in the paws when I'm sure they did that just one generation ago with Pyroar.

>clefairy
>poliwhirl/poliwrath
>electabuzz
>bad
I never cared for the rest even back then.

old
no contest

Why choose? The old pokemon are still there. They never got replaced. In fact, pokemon is the only monster franchise yo do that.

Why draw lines in the sand when there has never been anything stopping you from using the pokemon you like?

It's easier to make/sell toys with the newer designs

>born from 90-93
kys kid

I don't know, if you ask me the original Red and Green art for the starters make them look pretty stupid too. It wasn't until the Western release of Red and Blue did the art do the designs justice.

>older pokemon have simpler designs
>newer pokemon are easier to make toys of
pick one

Horsea and Geodude should not be there but otherwise I agree.

A lot of these are bretty gud, and I fucking hate gen one. The problem with the newer games isn't the pokemon, all though its arguable with Gen 6 because there's only 72 of them, it's the piss poor region design. You all need to focus on what really matters.

New. The old Pokémon are so uninspired and the evolutions are absolute shit.
>le turtle that evolves into a turtle

>New pokemon are overdesigned!!!
I bet the only reason the early gens have such a minimalist design is so it was easier for the developers to make sprites for them on such low tech hardware

>>>>make/__sell__ toys
reading comprehension sure is a bitch

I don't see why that changes anything

kids want ninja frogs and, they don't want seel the white seal

The little bug guy looks good, other then that I'm not very impressed.

Possibly, and they turned out better for it.

Your point fucker?

Literally me until Mewtwo. I like his gen 1 art :(

Also I generally don't subscribe to the new=digimonlmfao meme but Solgaleo and Lunala literally look straight out of Digimon.

So it's easily Mewtwo > Suncat/Moonbat for me.

Yes, and? Limitations sometimes result in much better products than free reign.

That's subjective. And the sprites from R/B/Y looks like shit regardless.

So? Sprites aren't base designs, and the issue with the Pokemon today are with their base designs. Any Pokemon from now put into the original games would also look like shit.

>talking shit about Mr Mime
see me in the streets, motherfucker

The old designs most of them are flawless. There isn't anything particularly offensive about them because they're all simple yet effective. That being said, they're not "amazing" either; they're a perfect neutral.

As the generations went on, the pokemon concepts became a bit more wild and in turn, opinions became more diverse. The more irregular a pokemon gets, with either more or less detail, the more opinions will swing.
So while you may either love or hate Solgaleo, Vanilluxe, or Voltorb for whatever reason, you probably won't feel too strongly about Magikarp.

Because you're a retard with shit taste.

Bu8lbasaur >/= Rowlet
Charmander > Litten
Squirtle > Popplio
Pidgey >/= New bird
Spearow < New Bird
Ratatta > Trumprat
Grubbin > Caterpie
Grubbin > Weedle
Mewtwo > Nightbat
Mewtwo = Sunlion

kids wanted charizard too and charizard doesn't have a complicated design
or you know, the most popular pokemon of all time, pikachu

>Sprites from Yellow
>Anything but GOAT
How about you end your fucking life

I had meant R/B/G, but the westernkek in me slipped out. Yellow's sprites are actually pretty neat, and Yellow is the only Gen 1 game I can actually tolerate.

Because people only ever shitpost with the bad new designs instead of the good ones

>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have

5th gen was really the peak of creativity in mon design. I'm hopeful, but I'm not sure if it can live up tot hat.

>giant golden skeleton that's a parody of that one painting

What is this from? I want it!

1, 5 and 6 were fucking great overall.
3 and 4 were the peak of this "over design" nonsense, and even then a lot of them were just crap for different reasons beyond being over designed. 2 was just fucking boring. All of them have their own highs and lows though.
These are my opinions of course.

i glad we finally have a woodpecker pokemon

The skeleton is from yokai watch 2 and is a joke about how the gatcha machine in the first game rarely gave good yokai.

yokai are pretty overly wacky, but at least the first game had that japanese mythology theme
post the second gens games where they threw it out the window.

I think the artstyle is more the problem, rather than the designs themselves. I really hate it, so soft and rounded without a single rough or edge to be found. It comes across like every Pokemon was designed from the ground up to be a plush toy because of it.

Yeah, they use simpler shapes for construction overall. Ratatta compared to Trumprat is a good indicator of this. Compare the indication of depth in the mouth and the 3D shape of Ratatta's teeth vs decals printed onto a sphere for Trumpy.

watercolor looks really nice. the drawn stuff always makes it feel like the characters have more soul. it's a dumb phenomena

they are from the second game
:^)

Hey tumblr

Welcome to 1999.

both dess

where did everything go so wrong?

I really fucking like that old watercolor style

your dad chose against jacking off that one time

people tend to forget that this is the first gen so all you see there is a first time. That's like watching an old movie that coined future movies and dismissing it as cliché.

It's because features like eyes and teeth look painted on instead of having actual volume. Lazy shading, overly round edges and weird proportions.

>why choose as side when I can be an indecisive faggot

This means that they had to put more thought into the design and it shows

hitting the nail on the head right there

New. I'm getting tired of encountering first gen pokemon in the wild, especially with how bad the variety of each type there was in that gen.

Why does newgen faggots always have to bring those things? The games aren't related I don't have to be grateful.

You can just say don't complain about new pokemon designs because this game has worse.

The one who posts those pictures and spams these threads is the same faggot, dude.