Friendly PS4 thread

Friendly PS4 thread.

We are getting smashed by Square Enix this holiday season and I love it.

With a lot of Sony Japan Studio love on top of that with muh pure Kat and catbird.

Which games are you going to get early and which ones later?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=the fractured but whole release date
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-15/nioh-ps4-game-gets-new-trailer-2nd-demo-in-august/.103269
youtu.be/ZCgp9rxt8nk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Buying games

L
M
A
O

Anyway I didn't specify so I'll go first:
>FF XV
Been waiting 9 years for this - nothing will stop me from getting this game.
>BF1
Not interested
>The Last Guardian
One of the reasons I bought a PS4, so yes.
>World of Final Fantasy
I'm looking forward to this just as much as World of Final Fantasy.
>Ni Oh
DAY FUCKING ONE
MUH LIGHTNING NUE
>Dragonball Xenoverse
Mite b cool
>KH 2.8
...is for fags
>Gravity Rush 2
Most anticipated game this year along w Zelda Breath of the Wild
>Resident Evil 7 VR
Mite b cool
>For Honor
meh
>Persona 5
Gonna be 10/10 fo sho
>FF XII Zodiac Age
The worst FF - someone sell me on this
>Horizon
Honestly looks fucking amazing, will buy release week
>Nier Automata
The boss fight from E3 sold me on it so fucking hard
>Yakuza 0
Shame on me, I've never played one, how good is Zero?
>Berserk
If it's actually good I'll be hyped.
>Valkyria Chronicles Spiritual Sucessor
If it's good I'll definitely bite
>Ace Combat 7 with VR
F U C K Y E S

>being a pirate
you are scum tho desu

>FFXV
>BF1
>WoFF
>Nioh
>Horizon
>Nier
>Berserk
>Azure

These are all the games I'm considering as a day 1 purchase. BF1 will ONLY be considered if I can confirm a rush mode.

>GR2
>P5
>FFXII
Are the ones I would probably consider later.

I don't even know wtf For Honor is, so I need to look that one up.

>this year
>Zelda
Zelda is next year at the earliest. Without any unmentioned delays, it is a dual release with the NX version, and the NX was supposed to be released in March. So in other words it would have to release in March or later.

>These are all the games I'm considering as a day 1 purchase. BF1 will ONLY be considered if I can confirm a rush mode.

What's a rush mode?

>Are the ones I would probably consider later.
Not a fan of Persona?

Yeah you're right, I meant to say Zelda within the vacuum of Nintendo releases but obvs it's not coming out this year...

>KoF XIV (not listed)
holy shit I can't wait

>The last Guardian
It's fucking happening

>Nioh
Not sure if day 1 but definitively will get it sooner or later

>Gravity Rush 2
Same as Nioh

>RE VII
Actually hype , day 1 buy

>Persona 5
FUCK YES!!! , nuff said

>Yakuza 0
Didn't play the original one so I guess I will get this one

>Nier Automata
This nigga will be GOTY, seriously hyped for this one in particular

>Berseker Mosou
Will it get western release at all?

>Tales of Berseria (not on the list)
Fuck, Q1 2017 is going to be brutal, I will give another chance to the Tales of Series since I loved some of their games

>Bloodstaner/Yooka Laylee (not listed)
Those are really good to not get them, but then again it's a kickstarter game with huge funds, hope it is as good as it seemed on e3

>Horizon Zero Dawn / Ace Combat 7
If I still have shekels left by then, why the fuck not?

bump

One team is attacking while the other is defending a base. If the base gets taken by the attackers before they run out of lives, then the defenders are pushed back to a new base, meaning more of the map is unlocked. Generally defenders have 3 bases.

Not a huge fan of Persona. It's not bad, and I came close to a platinum trophy in P4 Golden, but I just have to be in the right mood to play it due to how it handles the non-combat part of the game.

>own
Bloodborne
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

>currently renting
Uncharted 4

>plan on buying on release
Final Fantasy XV
World of Final Fantasy
Nioh
Kingdom Hearts II.8
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
NieR:Automata
Valkyria: Azure Revolution
Ace Combat 7 (actually the only game I care about playing in VR besides RE7 and I might be too much of a wuss to play RE7 in VR)

>plan on renting
Attack on Titan
Battlefield
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Steep
Resident Evil 7
For Honor
Horizon Zero Dawn
Berserk

>KoF XIV (not listed)
You're right I should really list this, it looks fantastic.

>Will it get western release at all?
Yes, it's already confirmed.

I should also add this to the list. Man I had such a bad time with Zestiria that I have mentally started ignoring Berseria because I don't wanna be disappointed again... I should go back and play ToDestiny on PS1 to get refueled for Tales JRPG hype.
>Bloodstained/Yooka Laylee
This both look fantastic, good thing to point out, I am sure IF they turn out good - they will be great. No con man involved after all.

>Final Fantasy XV
>Battlefield 1
>Last Guardian
>World of Final Fantasy
>Nioh*
>Xenoverse 2*
>KH 2.8
>Gravity Rush 2*
>Steep
I feel so sorry for PS4 owners.

>two christmas seasons with no games in a row

>One team is attacking while the other is defending a base. If the base gets taken by the attackers before they run out of lives, then the defenders are pushed back to a new base, meaning more of the map is unlocked. Generally defenders have 3 bases.

Oh thanks user, I seriously had no idea, that actually sounds like an awesome mode.

>Not a huge fan of Persona. It's not bad, and I came close to a platinum trophy in P4 Golden, but I just have to be in the right mood to play it due to how it handles the non-combat part of the game.

Holy fuck that must have taken near 60-80 hours so you must like it at least a little, but I understand that you need to be in the right mood. For me I need to delude myself a little into living the MC's life in order to fully appreciate the relationships and that but it was totally worth it in P3and4

>I feel so sorry for PS4 owners
why? this looks the greatest year to be a ps4 owner.

Jesus Christ, I feel sorry for the other 3 years then.

>and I might be too much of a wuss to play RE7 in VR)

Me too user

>Plan on renting
>Gravity Rush 2
FUCK YOU, but seriously it's an open world dungeon filled action adventure game that apparently will take 30 hours to finish, so renting would be tough, even moreso with Horizon

Report and ignore

>sounds like an awesome mode.
Yeah, its pretty much the only mode I play in BF games anymore. Hardline lacked the mode, and even any mode that can come close to replacing it. Instead all the modes were based around anarchy for the most part, which is bad for using sniper rifles. On top of that, they nurfed sniper rifles to hell and back.

I don't play many military simulators anymore but I used to love playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 and being a sniper on the hilly cliffsides :^)

Fuck yeah. I loved the fact that you could actually hide in some brush in that game. The only downfall was the sniper ability that automatically marked people on the map. Your position shouldn't be given away unless you are either not hiding, or you have taken a shot...

WILDLIFE SLAUGHTER SIMULATOR 2016

But Wild comes out next year.

>I loved the fact that you could actually hide in some brush in that game.
That's actually what I did a lot of the time until people started getting wise to it, but by then so few people were playing it anymore it didn't matter.

Oh man I forgot about this amazing looking game hory shiet.
>That big scary skeleton underwater
>The nipple of that tree chick

When's The Fractured But Whole coming out?

December 6 I think

Hmmm
lmgtfy.com/?q=the fractured but whole release date

>FFXV

Lost interest in this years ago, doesn't look like it will be worth the wait.

>Battlefield

kek

>The Last Guardian

Eh, might be good. I'll wait till it goes on sale.

>World of Final Fantasy

Looks stupid as fuck, no thanks.

>Ni-oh

This looks really good, definitely hype.

>DBZ Xenoverse 2

Meh, I'm kind of over DBZ now. Will probably check it out but definitely not at launch.

>KH2.8

Another cash crab from Square Enix, no thanks.

>Gravity Rush 2

I enjoyed the first one so I'll definitely be getting this.

>Steep

Honestly looks like a lot of fun, will definitely check it out.

>Resident Evil VII

Oh joy, more VR shit.

>For Honor

Looks very mediocre and full of QTEs, meh pass.

>Persona 5

Definitely hype for this.

>FF12 HD

I played the original and wasn't impressed, I've heard this is better though so I'll check it out.

>Horizon

Looks okay, will wait till it goes on sale.

>NieR

Never played the first game.

>Yakuza 0

Not a fan of the series.

>Berserk

No thanks.

>Nights of Azure

Meh, not interested. Doesn't look great anyway.

>Ace Combat 7

Not interested in the series.

Gomenasai /ps4g/

I'm not even going to entertain buying this game unless I know that it won't hold my hand this time. Also, I didn't find the SoT's story to be all that entertaining. It was more like the boring episodes of south park.

>Early
FF15
Nioh
Nier Automata
Horizon

>Later
Last Guardian
Kingdom Hearts
Gravity Rush 2

You should consider suicide

>Ni Oh
>This looks really good, definitely hype.
Did you play the demo user?

>Nier Automata
>Never played the first game.
It must be very cheap now, if you play it with the knowledge the combat will be good now you can get an idea of what the sequel will be like.

>Nights of Azure
Oh that's already out user, it's the Valkyria Chronicles SS.

B-b-but what about Persona 5 user?

>Did you play the demo user?

Not yet, why?

>It must be very cheap now, if you play it with the knowledge the combat will be good now you can get an idea of what the sequel will be like.
>Oh that's already out user, it's the Valkyria Chronicles SS.

Okay thanks.

Nioh is only apparently 70% done as of a few weeks ago according to Hayashi, so don't be surprised if it gets pushed back to early next year.

;_;

>Not yet, why?
Well the original demo was really good, and they announced a 2nd demo!
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-15/nioh-ps4-game-gets-new-trailer-2nd-demo-in-august/.103269
You should definitely try it if you get the time.

Planning on getting the Neo and then buying all the games I want in one fell swoop. They should be cheap by the time it drops, right?

SINCE WHEN IS THERE AN ACE COMBAT COMING
WHY WASNT I TOLD
I WANNA JIZZ EVERYWHERE
GODDssS PLEEEEAASSSEE YEESSSSS

I've never actually played a persona game which i guess is weird considering I've been playing RPG's most my life. Am i really missing out? Seems kind of autistic desu with the whole school life emphasis.

But Zelda 17 is okay?

It makes sense.
...it was at PSX I think, or was it E3? Anyway how did you miss that?
Well I could tell you how great I think it is but what is the point, just go spend $20 on a PS2 and buy or download the ISO for P3 or 4 or get Golden on Vita or whatever and see what you think.

No Man's Sky, Final Fantasy XV, Battlefield 1 I'm getting on Day 1.

look man, every time ive gone to buy a PS4 something else has come up and ive not had the money. i still dont have one, so i havent really been paying attention since i thought my dream was kill

Wow. What a time to be alive. So many good games coming out it seems like its the PS2 days again. Feels kimochi.

When is Rise of the Tomb Raider coming out on PS4?

>No Man's Sky
Hory shiet I forgot that existed...
>my dream was kill
kek, one day user

>kimochi ii
is that what he meant?

>kimochi ii

kimochi = feeling

ii = good

good feeling

>FFXV
Been waiting for this game since I first played XIII and loved it. Sadly couldn't get into XIII-2 but I was always hype for Versus XIII.
>BF1
Interested. Honestly I hope it's as good of a game as they're making it out to be. We'll see. Balance based on the gameplay event seems wonky as shit, but who knows til it's out.
>The Last Guardian
Always heard about. Always knew people were hype about it. Never really cared for it but I might pick it up.
>Gravity Rush 2
I played the remastered version a couple months ago because a friend said it was ez trophies. Holy shit I've never fallen in love with a game so fast and so hard. It's a fantastic game. I'm excited as fuck for GR2. Also glad I'm only waiting a year or two rather than 4 for the sequel. That story needs to be tied up.
>P5
Never played a Persona game but it seems like it'd be up my alley. I'll probably get it.
>Horizon
It looks really nice, but I'm still not sold. Probably won't buy it til a couple months after launch.
>Nier Automata
If the reports are true about it being completely unrelated to the first storywise, I'll get it since I never played the first one.
>Valkyria: Azure Revolution
I played the Chronicles remaster on PS4 after a friend recommended it and it's a great game. Not 10/10, but still really good, enough for me to plat it. I'll probably buy this one when it comes out if it's good.

>b-b-but Nintendo
>while thinking Final Fantasy XV (hint there are more than 15 final fantasy games) the gay boybands car trip
Jesus Christ.

>Always heard about. Always knew people were hype about it. Never really cared for it but I might pick it up.
It looks like it's about 2/3rds ICO and 1/3rd SotC

>That story needs to be tied up.
IKR, also I can't believe how amazing this game looks. It's a shame Sony won't give it a primetime spotlight.

I know some user was posting about a lot being shown at E3. I'm tempted to look at some of those videos, but I also want to go into it completely blind like I did Gravity Rush just because the story is so great.

>Fuck, Q1 2017 is going to be brutal, I will give another chance to the Tales of Series since I loved some of their games

Zestiria was straight fucking garbage in my opinion. I refund most games I don't enjoy in my first 15-20hrs; I did not like that game what so ever. I tried so hard to enjoy it too because I loved Tales Of series. I won't even day one Berseria because I don't want to be let down that hard again.

There was a half hour gameplay stream that had Shu Yoshida sitting in, if you're interested.

youtu.be/ZCgp9rxt8nk

What are the chances of KH 2.5 HD remix getting a PS4 port?

So I just got a psp for free today, any good exclusive games I should try? I need to buy a charger for it though.

I recall there was some talk at SE about bringing every KH game to the PS4 in a giant collection.

i am considering VR for REZ.

i will buy rez nonetheless, but playing it in fucking vr sounds amazing.

REZ as in the music game?

I currently have;

Bloodborne
Until Dawn
Last of Us

pretty bare so far, are these worth getting;

>Uncharted 4
>Disgaea 5
>Gravity Rush
>Nights of Azure

Also is there anything else worth picking up?

rhythm 'em up-game.

Gravity Rush is the epitome of style over substance (Okay-ish gameplay, sensational art direction and gameplay), but worth getting since it's quite cheap and the sequel is out within the next six months or so.

bump

Has square enix released a single exclusive game this generation that wasn't on the 3DS? I bet Nier will be on PC soon aswell.