Is this series as bad as you guys make it out to be?

Is this series as bad as you guys make it out to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KsqPtD048to
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Uqy9L_xtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's an......acquired taste.
First game's definitely the best.

Really liked the first game despite being very little like Castlevania. 2D games meh, 2 has is moments but it has some really boring parts.

I liked them both and the DS game was also decent
The soundtrack is absolutely amazing too
The first one really gives you a sense of being on an adventure and while the castle in 2 looks really good, the city and factory bits aren't as good

Never played the first or LoS2, just Mirror of Fate, and that's one of the most disappointing purchases I've ever made. It's just a fucking mess.
>Game tells you to get 100% for the true ending
>It's just the classic Castlevania ending with nothing special

Play the first game and then stop.
Completely.
Dont even consider the DLC chapters.

Played both the classic series and this reboot.
The style of the latter is definetly it's biggest selling point: the art direction, the voice cast and the score are all very strong elements, but the gameplay is a straight up hack 'n slash 101 formula (correlated with REALLY GENERIC QTEs) and the story bites way much more that it can chew.
Still, i liked it overall, no regrets: definetly better than a lot of reboots of these days.

I liked it, but it's not Castlevania. I don't even think Castlevania was in the game's name when it started development.

Not if you don't expect a Castlevania game

>>It's just the classic Castlevania ending with nothing special
It's like you missed the entire fucking point with Alucard picking up the broken piece of Vampire Killer, but a faggot like you that didn't play LoS1 and LoS2 wouldn't understand the story significance of this.

They aren't bad at all. 2 has some confusing areas and a really shitty stealth section, though.

2 has great castle parts and absolutely terrible city parts.

I actually really enjoyed the city part where the armored gas mask enemies are first introduced, but yeah.

LoS is a total disaster, avoid at all costs.

Played the demo, got hyped, bought this shit and, well... Obviously you can't tell from the demo, but the whole game is one fucking huge tutorial. I've never seen these levels of handholding anywhere else. Even shitty cowadoody-tier rail shooter is more demanding than this piece of shit. The only condition under which you MAY enjoy it is if you are a braindead vegetable.

Mirror of Fate and LoS2 are buckets of wasted potential, and the original is merely decent.

The Castlevania series has seen far worse.

1 is legit good. the rest you can leave.

LoS2 isn't THAT bad. The Revelations DLC was fantastic.

Mirror of Fate was pretty shit. They should've ditched the DMC/GoW combat system for a side-scroller.

>Is this series as bad as you guys make it out to be?
It's worse. Only cool thing was the musicbox theme and stage.

>musicbox
youtube.com/watch?v=KsqPtD048to

1 is the best 3d castlevania but that ain't saying shit

Apparently you've never played galaxy

I played the first game. It was extremely forgettable, hardly remember a thing about it except that I died like 5 million times on the final boss.

I don't remember it being a bad game per se, just not really worth it if you have a very limited time to spend on playing games.

I don't think LoS2 or MoF are totally awful. I just think they had a lot of potential utterly wasted on bizarre design decisions.

The tutorials are only optional if you look it up in the book

I actually liked the N64 titles and Curse of Darkness. Lament of Innocence was enjoyable to a certain extent.

I mean, they're no 2d Castlevanias, but I think they're all better than Lords of Shadows.

But hey, it's just an opinion.

>Ultimate Edition
>literally LoS and a bunch of codes
Why is this allowed?

The first game has a really cool story and is a competent spectacle fighter. I played it mostly because of the story and the scenery. The DLC is retarded, basically tells you how he became a vampire by retarded means. The sequel is a piece of shit, only got the fighting a little bit better and failed everywhere else

Lords of Shadow are much better than both of those. Hell, Curse of Darkness is as "Deviantart spin-off fanfic" as it can get, and Lament of Innocence is just a DMC ripoff.

The first one is good.
The second one is utter dogshit.

This but turn the game off as soon as you beat the final boss.
Don't watch tge ending

The ending is good though and he'd miss on the best piece of music in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Uqy9L_xtk

Lords of shadow is probably one of my top 10 games of all time, I really enjoyed the narration and combat, first game I legitimately 100% on steam.

LoS2 was dog shit.

It's the worst part because it leaves questions that only dlc and mirror of fate can answer.
Artificial time gaps in games are cancerous.

You're thinking of the post-credits scene, not the ending you dumb fuck. All he has to do is turn the game off when credits end.

That's why I said it's just an opinion.

Really enjoyed 1, i couldn't stand playing 2 for more than 2h with all thoses stealth sections, never played Mirror of Fate