Nier Butchering confirmed

“That’s because there’s a lot of concepts or ideas that only really the Japanese audience would understand. And so the localisation team really went in and made it so that the English native speakers will really enjoy the game"

nichegamer.com/2016/07/04/8-4-handle-localizing-nier-automata/

>Niche Gamer
Fuck off, Brandon.

Use the catalogue you goober

At least you posted best girl I guess

kys
At least try to know what you're shitposting about

what do you think localization is? it's not just taking japanese words and changing them into english equivalents

So basically a bunch of stuff that would offend SJWs has been removed.

>And so the localisation team really went in and and literally rewrote what the hell they wanted and how the hell they wanted.

Jesus Christ.

>they already confirmed on twitter that 2B design is being tweaked to fit western standards
JUST

We need a more meta version of this. Like "bingo square bingo".

The protag will look like that in the western release? The jap design is so much more charming, that shit looks weak.

Source

you got some sauce on that?

latest tweet on their twitter is from June 29

>a lot of concepts or ideas that only really the Japanese audience would understand
I'm really struggling to come up with something here. Unless it's some buddhist metaphysical stuff that got replaced by christian concept, and even then it'd be retarded as fuck

>I'm really struggling to come up with something here

And that's excactly why they need to localize certain things, for people like you.

You know, I can understand that some dumb americans don't care about horribly butched scripts, that's how your just your twisted cultural mindset works, it can't be helped, but do you really need to make yourself look like a gigantic fools with such embarrassing posts? Just say that you are ok with different scripts rewrote by wannabe writers instead of trying to sell them as "not litteral translations" for no fucking reason.

Source

>I'm really struggling to come up with something here.

Because it's just a silly excuse, no idea why you are taking it seriously after what happened to Nier.

>I dunno what localization is

t. monolingual american weaboo

Japanese devs need to just start putting English subs in their Japanese releases. People would import like crazy and they wouldn't have to pay royalties to shitty western localization companies.

Please stop, user. You're just going to destroy Yoko Taro's game. It's the same people who did Nier 1

Drakenguard 3 was butchered purely through the english version's voice actress speaking in a different tone. This is going to be a disaster.

This is the FOURTH thread already. Fuck off. There's even another thread about this still alive here.

Welp.

you mean just like when they made papa nier which make the game actually 1000% better than japs?

What people need to realize is that localizations happen all the time. Not all of them are good, some completely butcher everything and add dumb bemes, but everything does get localized/ translated. NIER 1 is an example of a good localization. DoD3 is an example of bad localization, where the tone and speech of certain characters holds a completely different meaning and intent. Not all localization are inherently bad. It becomes bad when they butcher it and censor it .

Why do they constantly do this? His games were already semi popular for us in the West, there's no reason to change shit

It annoys the fuck out of me because it always ruins things. First Zero Escape getting butchered, hopefully this doesn't happen to Nier

>papa nier which make the game actually 1000% better than japs?

a point. user has it.

>you will never nuke filthy japs and weebs

I plan on shitposting every Nier threads from now on. Fuck this Reddit taking over.

Our culture is objectively the best.Fuck off.

I'm playing ZTD right now, did they censor something? Can't imagine they would when the series tends to do way better in the west.

>First Zero Escape getting butchered
Do you mean ZTD or 999?

>amerifats
>culture

Go watch some Hollywood BBC fuck your women while you stuff your face with chemical foods.

Oh, you mean like Ace Attorney? And fucking NIER ITSELF?

Sup Forums is fucking retarded

That game is weeb trash.Its made specifically for freaks, and perverts.

That's a different character.

ZTD. And I don't mean censorship

Care to elaborate? For obvious reasons I've been avoiding all threads.

someone failed history class.

We invented freedom

>Why do they constantly do this?

and we are still ignoring the fact we are talking about Nier, a game that was improved during localization by removing big brother nier.

DID SOMEONE SAY CENSORSHIP

turns out the entire series is a dream or some autistic child.

Good taste.

>every single Automata thread up to and beyond release will now be packed with this dogshit
>all thanks to one stupid clickbait article

ZTD was shit to begin with. nothing to do with localization.

how is that an improvement?

>Joke referencing Japanese culture that only Japanese people would get changed to joke referencing Western culture to sell it in the west

CENSORED

CENSORED

GUYS THEY'RE TAKING OUR GAMES AWAY

Saying why would be a spoiler, and I don't wanna have you expecting the worst, so just keep playing, hell you might even disagree with me

Why are you faggots bitching over this? Nier and Drakengard 3 all had good localization. Nothing got ruined.

>shitter

I fucking hate Tumblr and their psuedo-intellectual cunty attitude. I once told a girl to go fuck herself for telling me I should learn Japanese instead of whining about intentional localization censorship, she was a tumblr Weeaboo so she just backed of and stayed meek and quiet.

No you don't understand, Sup Forums shitposts again so everyone has to join even tohugh they don't know what they're takling about and suddenly act like they never enjoyed Nier or Drakengard 3

SOMEONE GET MILO

NIGGA WE DON'T NEED TO UNDERSTAND

WE NEED TO WITNESS

>how is that an improvement?

you are asking retarded things. I hate noobies getting into Taro threads.
the game will be rated M anyway.

but are the anime tiddy intact??????????

yeah that seems like a thing that naturally happens irl, totally man

>they admit they "changed a lot"
>HURRDURR THEY ARE JUST CHANGING JOKES AND PUNS GUYS
Yeah, no, you're a retard. If it was just jokes and puns they would have said that.

What "a lot" did they admit to changing then?

So you're confirming that you are just a lazy Amerifat who won't learn the gook language you love so much?

>“They actually changed a lot from the original script to fit the different regions,”
>“That’s because there’s a lot of concepts or ideas that only really the Japanese audience would understand. And so the localisation team really went in and made it so that the English native speakers will really enjoy the game.”
Anyone who thinks they are only cutting Japanese internet references, jokes or puns is a fucking idiot. They are clearly changing entire concepts and ideas. They fucking directly admitted to it. They are removing anything "Japanese" from the game regardless if foreigners could understand it or not.

If you accept games being rewritten for the "Western audience", then you must also accept that all stories on sadpanda should be purged and replaced with rewrites only.

i feel really validated to know other people on Sup Forums hate these faggots

When you go to a university where students play games a lot and browse tumblr, yeah, it is.

If a tree falls in the forest, and nobody's around to hear it, except for a localization team that alters the sound for Western audiences, does Sup Forums get mad about it?

lmao what English class taught you how to argue

you guys are overreacting something fierce. it's the same team who did dragon's dogma, nier, drakengard 3, and other stuff. it's going to be fine. i think you guys are actively looking for reasons to be upset.

Who says I love it? I don't see myself having time to learn it or being actually able to, I struggle enough being able to speak french and that took me 3 years

>“That’s because there’s a lot of concepts or ideas that only really the Japanese audience would understand. And so the localisation team really went in and made it so that the English native speakers will really enjoy the game.”
>“That’s because there’s a lot of concepts or ideas that only really the Japanese audience would understand.
>a lot of concepts or ideas that only really the Japanese audience would understand
>ideas and concepts only Japanese understand
That's the biggest load of bullshit i've ever heard. Like the whole Japanese bowing thing or patting people on the head to comfort them. Yeah it's "Japanese" but most people who see it can instantly understand what the fuck it means even with almost no knowledge of Japan. Most shit is pretty clear with the context surrounding it.

No I don't.

But desu I've always thought "lewd" sounded stupid. Who says "lewd" in English? Use "dirty" or "naughty".

>being a white minority by 2050

How do you obsess over the culture of a country so much without learning the language? I legitimately don't understand. My mom loves Italy for some reason but will never learn the language because she's an idiot probably. What's your excuse, Sup Forums?

Weren't there originally 2 versions of Nier aswell and only one made it over?

And people were worried that Platinum's involvement would incur the shitposting their other games get here...

Truly we were meant to suffer.

>i think you guys are actively looking for reasons to be upset

delete your post and remake it without this part in it

Bandai started putting English subs on the Asian versions of their games (region free). I would love it for other Japanese studios to do the same thing.

>westerners are too dumb to understand.

>using a english word sounds stupid in english!
amerifats everyone

Thank god I'm not alone.

Learning a language as hard as Japanese would cut into our shitposting time

I've heard lewd said a lot though.

The word is not a commonly used english word

>Western gamers play JRPGs because they're different from generic western games
>JRPG producers alter their games to be more like generic western games
>we don't get games like Dragon Quest X because they think its 'too Japanese for the west'

I'm about ready to drop another bomb. And this is coming from someone who prefers Japanese games.

I dunno, but I sure do use lewd now.

Lewd just sounds more lewd than naughty or kinky or dirty. Maybe its because it doesn't end in a 'y'.

Post concepts or ideas that only really the Japanese audience would understand.

Well, at least you're honest about it.

Swimsuits. Only Japanese can understand why a woman would show more skin rather than dressing like a hoodrat.

>Nier
>JRPG
stop

Western mind can't comprehend pseudo philosophies, ok.

Only the Japanese are fine with women showing off their bodies to get music contracts

>not one in my flyover state speaks proper english
lmao

It's not even moral censorship itself that upsets me about these rhings( even though it is stupid). It's mostly the fact that there was a creative team who do this for a living and are (possibly) good at it, that created the game in a certain way for a good reason.

And then you have some nobodies, who are nothing more than glorified translators, changing that creation based on their own personal perception of what the 'western audience' wants or understands. It's disrespectful to the original creators and it condescending to the supposed western audience. Not to mention that the 'west' is not so homogenous and there will be many different cultures that will have to use their product so that defeats their alleged purpose.

Maid outfits

and nothing of value was lost

Translation is an art user.

>>not one
Neither do you, apparently.

>le ARPGs aren't JRPGs meme
Stop.

>mfw people with no understanding about Japanese language or culture getting buttblasted over "literal translations". when such a thing actually is not possible and wouldn't make sense