FF15

I mean it COULD be good. Can't be worse than 13. And I'm not going to play 14 forever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GO7nyrNBFXA
youtube.com/watch?v=7YxUeraE_c8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's going to be good.
And Sup Forums will get proven wrong, again.

Does Tabata have down syndrom?

At this point, all I want from FF15 is spectacle and good game mechanics. I don't doubt it'll look nice, but videos and that horrible free demo leave me thinking I'll be wasting my money.

I've yet to see anything good.

All gameplay webms are buggy, or show the other 3 characters and enemies simply standing/walking around carefree.

Less than 2 months to go, and even the stuff they showed at E3 was glitchy.

Just another decade long disaster.

F-fuck now I have to buy it

Just let it die boys. ~10ish games is enough, right? Why keep setting yourself up for disappointment?

The pacing and tone of the game just seems off. Like it's trying to be too many things at once.

Pacing and tone no idea you played the game.

>Just another decade long disaster.

This

You're an idiot. Learn to read.

Theres no way in hell you can measure the pacing and tone of the game unless you've played it for a significant amount of time.

Agreed. Wish the Zelda/sonic/etc crowd had that attitude

You wish it could die so you could feel so goddamn smug for when you do. Give me a fucking break

Tone has been shoved down our throats for a decade.

Pacing includes starting the first chapter by pushing a car.

go figure

lol stop posting

This is the game that will make Final Fantasy good again. Squeenix can't afford to fail again. That gives them enough motivation to make their best damned effort to make it a success.

>buggy
the latest demo played gr8

>Squeenix can't afford to fail again
>fail
>13 has been a wildly successful franchise

Lol i mean it's not like there is a cutscene before that where the king sends on your journey. Oh fuck i forgot there is also another chapter before that called chap zero that being kept a secret. Stop posting

>gr8
>too lazy to type great

which

platinum?

that disaster?

Even with the poor showings so far, it looks like SE's biggest game yet. Far bigger than anything else they've done. I'd say the only things bigger were FF14's relaunch or the Tomb Raider reboot. But I wonder if they'll or it'll, FF15, still fall behind its contemporaries.

Speaking of which, which modern RPG will FF15 be compared to the most? I guess Witcher 3, huh?

>13
>wildly succesful
Sure 13 sold well but the sequels sure didn't.

>Oh fuck i forgot there is also another chapter before that called chap zero that being kept a secret

oh you mean the one where you fight a boss and lose?

wow that's totally original and not like 2 at all

13-2 sold as much as X-2

LR sold like shit though.

hi xv-kun

How was it a disaster?

Nothing about a boss or losing was ever said, all it was said is that it starts in a battle like FFII did
Besides, what does ripping out 2 has to do with pacing?

I get the feeling a lot of people are in for a bad surprise. So far all trailers, especially gameplay videos, have been heavily reliant on areas with similar topography and stuff like the garage/behemot hunt are always overly present even though it should be an irrelevant side-quest.
The whole game might be just a trip from city A to city B with different colored grassland between them and fetch-quests to pad the game length.

Product placements and tie ins like crazy

That's because it's the first chapter. We only saw Altissia properly in a single trailer a few weeks ago, and that's one city out of 3.

You can be skeptical but don't use them not spoiling the entire game as an excuse.

CAN'T BE WORSE THAN FF13

>clunky controls
>horse shit performance
>dreadful graphics
>combat as Noctis isn't explained for newcomers
>demo feels completely pointless
>no weather and time-of-day showcase isn't impressive at all
>only good part was the music

I'm looking forward to the game, but don't even try to defend that clusterfuck.

I put like 20 hours into Duscae, Platinum Demo is so much worse. I'm seriously not sure what the development team was going for, they said a significant percentage of the game was completed by that point but Duscae turns it all on its ass. The fact that they're so unsure of their product really worries me, feedback shouldn't have that much of an impact on a game in such a short time

It could be shit but I don't think it will be complete shit
and I have to buy this game to ensure that Squeenix doesn't go bankrupt and cancel KH3

History will repeat itself lads. It was 1987, and a little company was on the brink of bankruptcy. They had very little money left. Young Hinoboru Sakaguchi was about to lose his job when he had an idea. "We will use all our remaining money on one last game." They used everything, all their resources and manpower to make this game. The game was a success and singlehandedly made the company recover from bankruptcy. This is how the legend of Final Fantasy was born. And like the Phoenix, Square Enix will rise from the ashes of the failures that were FF12 and 13 to be reborn again and restore the company to its glory days

>music stops
>dead silence
>starts up again
>stops
>starts

Can you blame them? When's the last time SE Japan hit it out of the park with a game for world wide audiences?

The combat in the IG fight was much better than Duscae.

Apparently Tabata said in an interview that the Platinum Demo was made in 2 months with a small team.

awoo~

not buying the game though

Sup Forums is right about XIII. Actually, FF is one of a few series that Sup Forums never wrong.

Is this real?
This is the first time I've seen this

FF14 ARR, after they heard the criticism and redid the entire game.

Oh.

>clunky controls
I agree that Young Noctis controls are clunky but the same cannot be said for the boss fight.
>horse shit preformance
Yeah, a small 6gb demo will run like shit. The game rums fine now
>dreadful graphics
see above
>combat as noctis isn't explained for newcomers

Is that bad?
>no weather
The full game will
>demo feels competely pointless
Show casing the combat isn't pointless m8
>don't defend that cluster fuck

It wasn't a cluster fuck m8

youtube.com/watch?v=7YxUeraE_c8

Makes me wonder if it was more of an experiment or something. They're not only building FF15, they're building a proper AAA engine they'll wanna use for a few games/years.

>The game rums fine now

come on

>see above

The graphics shown at the latest ATR were horrible.

I never said no weather, I said it was unimpressive.

>showcasing combat it never explains
>majority of people never found the shield/shuriken or even attempted aerial combat

Fucking bravo.

I hope this isn't just some still art that's not in the movie.

>make an action RPG
>put this in it

complain to the guy placing a gun to your head and forcing you to play that mode

It's not about it being optional, the fact it was even implemented is absolutely pathetic and further proves this team has no fucking idea what they're doing.

>Long running franchise of turn based battles
>Suddenly goes action based
>Puts in a mode to ease in the transition for the veterans who are not used to action
Seems like they know exactly what they're doing

Funny thing is is that some people are even more excited now that wait mode is an option so.

Goddamn that side ponytail.

Seems like they're not confident with their combat system.

Every FF game has a wait mode what the fuck are you on about?

Woah an optional mode of battle that i can turn off if i want darn.

I guess the ATB games weren't either anyway then.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you reached that conclusion, but each with their own interpretation i guess

Lol they talked about having another mode of battle as early as 2 years ago you dense shit XD.

>come on
Watch Digital Foundry analyst on the E3 footage. it never dips below 30.

Everyone figured out the combat eventually so that wasn't really a problem

How can she do that without a pipboy?

90% chance it's going to be flawed but decidedly above average but Sup Forums will vehemently hate it and shitpost it to hell and back because they're invested in it being a bad game.

Happened with Witcher 3, you can be damn sure it will happen with this.

In contrast, Dark Souls 3 was almost as big a disappointment as 2, but Sup Forums seems to love it because they've wanted to since day one.

People here are kind of set in their ways in a very unhealthy fashion.

I'll always show this video when people say that they're worried about the combat system

Isn't that just the JPs?

>In contrast, Dark Souls 3 was almost as big a disappointment as 2, but Sup Forums seems to love it because they've wanted to since day one.
That dosn't seem to be true at all, everywhere else i've seen people praising DS3 a lot
Not to mention every single one of Sup Forums was absolutely sure that MGSV was going to be the greatest game of all time

>Not to mention every single one of Sup Forums was absolutely sure that MGSV was going to be the greatest game of all time
That one was Kojima's fault. He said he was going to break the boundaries of video game storytelling, which did seem to happen with GZ, but PP dropped it hard.

What a nice place to bury a face

THIEF

Making a fast paced combat system was their aim. It should flow smoothly with no interruptions to the action. Implementing this shows a level of incompetence because they didn't know how to properly pace their combat. So they shoved an elaborate pause button in there.

For shame.

They way you word it makes it seem like FFXV is TOO fast paced, which isn't true at all
At times it does seem to feature a lot of monsters on the screen and that could be problematic for those who feels overwhelmed by the numbers and can't use the radar properly, on that note i'm really glad they introduced an easier mode to play for those struggling with it instead of cutting down on the numbers of enemy or AI behavior

>E3 footage

PC footage.

I never once claimed it was "too fast". I claimed that was their goal. They couldn't even make it coherent so now we have wait mode aka action break mode.

Are we assuming that people who play Final Fantasy have never played any other game before?

Noctis a cute

CUTE!

If i have to use an example, my brother is the kind of guy who was hooked on FF on the PS1 but distanced himself from most games recently, however he's pretty interested in XV since it reminds him a little of VII and VIII

Well i guess it would be easier to grasp what you mean if you can point out to an example of the combat having pacing issues aside from pointing out that a Wait Mode exists

You would have to try to make a game worse then ff13 user.

The game being good is all we can hope and from what i see its looking good

So whats the plot? Your kingdom gets invaded and you go on a trip to marry some blond chick?

You on a trip to marry some blond chick before the invasion, you learn about it midways and your objective changes

>Implement racing into Street Fighter
>Players complain about racing in SF
>What, you guys only ever played SF before?

>sent away from your kingdom to seek help from summons which is disguised by go marry this chick lmao
>homeland gets invaded
>have to fight to get it back
>but wait there's also an ancient evil awakening

>>but wait there's also an ancient evil awakening
More like it's been awaken for a long time now, but blond chick has been preventing it from spreading

>their last reveal is a shitty minigame "boss" that takes forever
yeah, no.

>PC footage

Source?

Is Ashton Kutcher a V.A in this game?

There's a world of difference between that analogy and making an action RPG out of a turn based RPG franchise and then deciding to half-ass it and design it for idiots who can't adapt.

He's probably dying inside because of all the pressure to make sure the game is at least decent at launch

pic related him at E3

Same shitty difference.

Nah user, there's a difference between waking up and being stuck on traffic

All three demos I played have been great, in fact each has been better than the last one.

The E3 one, despite that fucker fucking it up at the Xbox conference, is more responsive and much more polished than Platinum Demo.
Game's going to be great.

Shut the fuck up.

>all that clipping
>all those QTEs
>slow boring boss fight against what is essentially the guy's one arm
>polished

What game are you looking forward to user

This is one of them. But my disappointment levels so far are pretty high.

Why am I laughing so hard?