Places you'd live

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OxnGHpYxGlA
youtube.com/watch?v=oSVEQSnAbcU
youtube.com/watch?v=iyaOiQiuG-E
youtube.com/watch?v=OIH0HAkRlFk
youtube.com/watch?v=ryfvCPV2vEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This or virtually anywhere in the first Jak game.

>not Snowspire

hell no

Balamb garden

Assuming I don't get killed for it, anyways.

I'll take bandit raids over the possibility of fucking ghosts attacks, thanks very much

This.

I've watched enough Sealab to know how that would go.

wasn't that the fucking nightmare town, though?

Acceptably well?

Unique Landscapes Chorrol Farmlands ruined me for vanilla awry on Prioiry so FUCKING COMFY

Good taste..oakvale, the guild, bowerstone, the place with the balverines..all pretty cozy and nice.

that's the area with all the monks

You go there with the amulet, to talk to the bowl cut guy. He tells you to go to the town being attacked by the Oblivion gate. The first real quest in the main quest line.

This. My nigga. Blood island is so comfy

No, it's Weynon priory. Niggas don't even know their lore.

Superior town coming through

I don't even care that it's a police state.

It's so nice looking.

>you will never be a plucky young hero training at the guild, dreaming of your life of glory

The locations in Pandaria can be pretty dang comfy.

>not anvil
fag alert

Have fun getting murdered

Colovian Highlands is pretty shit desu

West Weald > Gold Coast > Blackwood > the rest

you do know the dark brotherhood would murder you no matter what city you lived in right?

I'd fucking kill for ME to be "real"

youtube.com/watch?v=OxnGHpYxGlA

youtube.com/watch?v=oSVEQSnAbcU

>not Chorrol
fucking shitters

By what, all the pretty architecture and pleasant scenery?

I would take Kvatch over Anvil m8

The Dark Brotherhood isn't even the only murderous organization in Cheydinhal. The Mages' Guild is pretty dangerous because of that cunt Falcar too. Though I guess if you want to be a mage he'd have left.

>not skingrad
out

>Living in subnautica

As someone who already has a fear of the actually-reasonably-safe ocean, fuck all of that shit.

I would probably shut down and accept my coming death as soon as a reaper leviathan sounded in the distance.

Falcar was a necromancer plant

yeah but weynon priory gets fucked by dremora and everyone is slaughtered or raped in oblivion for eternity...

I really, really, really want Last Guardian to be good. I'm afraid the ridiculously long dev cycle may have killed it before it even arrives.

And he'd probably hunt you down for a soul gem

I actually loved Pandaria

>Anvil
Out of all the places in Oblivion, I gotta go with this one.

That mansion is pretty cozy once you clear it of cobwebs and ghosts.

Even if it sucks I'm certain there will still be some pretty environments to explore. Ueda makes aesthetic shit.

The inside of the Demon Doors were comfy as hell too.

>tfw you will never take a seat and read a good book in the Heroes' Guild demon door

Was Ico good? I found it to be really tedious and Last Guardian reminds me of that.

Is this from a mod or dlc? It doesn't look familiar.

>tfw i was actually talking to npcs and shit in pandaria just to get simple flavour text
>then wod happened
Never going back sorry

Is it just me or is every single town in Oblivion more comfy/cosy than Skyrim's? I was thinking Skyrim was going to be comfy because of the snow, but I found even Bruma to do this better.

I liked Proudspire manor even if it was a little small.

I'd live in Dryfield Nevada and kill monsters with good old Mr. Douglas and his dog.

I just beat that game again. Fucking incredible game.

I wanna be a wizard in a tower instead of a NEET in the attic

Oblvion had the classical colorful fantasy artstyle that made it comfy as fuck. Skyrim fell for the gritty and depressing meme.

Altissia from the new Final Fantasy.

youtube.com/watch?v=iyaOiQiuG-E

That video the showed during E3 looked incredibly comfy. I can almost see myself walking through the city at night, the smell of Italian food in the air, having a glass of red wine at a nice restaurant.

It's a shame that I wasn't born early enough to see real Venice before it started to fall apart. It's looking pretty run down these days. Still beautiful but way past its prime

Bruma was comfy as fark. Oblivion had nice towns because they didn't spend any time working on the rest of the world, everything else was generated like a minecraft map.

The one that's pretty far up north that's only a couple huts and has the daedra museum was cozy.

It is, but that's because Skyrim opts for a more harsh, punishing environment. Comfy's simply not on the menu.

I'd probably live in Anvil if they hadn't described the excessive humidity and constant smell of feces

I like the ramshackle look of the place and the people that live in it but I don't think I could tolerate that for more than two days

I'd live in the Imperial City described by the pocket book. Pity the implementation in Oblivion was lame as fuck by comparison.

Skyrim's comfiest town was meant to be the biggest shit hole in the province.
I would totally live in Riften though.

I would definitely not want to live in a world with such shit graphics.

From a mod, iirc it's call fekyro

haha, classic Sup Forums ;)

>Talking shit about the graphics of a decade old game

Cyrodiil is in the middle of an invasion from the equivalent of Hell and it has all sorts of flying demon fuckwads and goblins running around but it still manages to not make you feel like killing yourself.

>implying it didn't look absolutely shit back then as well

but user it's a medieval fantasy town with sewer system connected to the river running through town, all that water is filled with poop and you can always smell it.

>Oblivion is literally 10 years old
like tears... in rain...

Modded post-apocalyptic Boston is quite pretty despite being filled with mutated assholes.

thats because Talos used chim-chimeru to make it a comfy place, Skyrim got no such treatment, so it looks like a proper depressing northern province, outside of falkreath and riften

though I actually like it, maybe because I lived in the south my whole life and always wanted to move to a colder place

Most cities in Skyrim are intentionally meant to be shitholes. There's only one city in Oblivion that's meant to be a shithole.

I would live here.

I wouldn't mind living in Whiterun if the NPCs were all replaced. I remember the first time I saw Whiterun...

Skyrim was my first TES game. I had just finished that spooky barrow quest for the Riverwood trader and he tells me to walk down the path to Whiterun. By then it was already dusk. So I head down the path still feeling a bit spooked from the draugr I encountered earlier, not really knowing what to expect, when I see it in the distance. The lights all lit up against the moonlit sky. You know how Skyrim nights near Whiterun are, it's just tall grass as far as the eye can see (at least how I remember it) with the mountains looming in the distance. It was just a flat plains, and felt like the largest outdoor playing field ever. It wasn't lonely either, there were actually random NPCs fighting a giant right outside.

That is true

All-around-me-are-familiar-faces

is that fallout 4?

>giant heaving tits
>Is this from a mod?
duh

I disagree somewhat. I remember when it came out everyone was impressed with the graphics, personally I hadn't seen such good use of bump maps in many games either. The biggest problem nowadays I think is that the game features no anisotropic filtering option at all, but it desperately needs it to not be a blurry/muddy mess. Here's a screenshot that's vanilla but AA and AF forced only.

Chorrol > Skingrad > Anvil = Bruma > Cheydinhal = Imperial City > Bravil >> Leyawiin >>>> Kvatch (obviously)

God, Oblivion really has some fucking top tier town designs though. Leyawiin is the only one I don't like aesthetically.

I meant the area. Character mods are more common than new areas.

Nobody gives a shit about your stupid fucking story about a horrible fucking game, pleb.

What are those glass bubble rooms?

Yeah.

Oblivion/Skyrim does have nice moments like that
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. sometimes also does
but the immersion is one reason Ill keep buying TES games no matter what

It would be if every single city didn't have those giant looming walls completely surrounding you because the hardware was too shit to make it otherwise. I feel claustrophobic inside Cyrodiil towns.

LODs were still horrible though. Not that it's that much better in Skyrim.

>I remember when it came out everyone was impressed with the graphics
not true at all, everyone was laughing at the horrific LOD that made everyone look young from about 10 meters, but when you got closer they looked like a dry potato

rude

pic unrelated, its Darnassus and not as nice looking as I remember

Everyone was and is still laughing at the potato faces, the rest was fine.

>Police state
>white as fuck

Is this the future where BLM fails?

You probably mean Hackdirt because this place is flooded with maniacs.

Just something comfy about when you first arrive and hear youtube.com/watch?v=OIH0HAkRlFk on the radio even if it's a shitty apartment.

Bonus points for being a short walk away from Asylum and Jeanette.

Looks like really nice weather in a not so nice neighborhood.

Not under Martian Law

I'd live in Lara's mansion in TR3
I could masturbate in her swimming pool everyday and enjoy the view from the gardens.

how is the name of a place 'lore'?

niggas don't even know what lore is

Don't worry, sequel is gonna ruin- I mean fix it.

Now it looks like generic cyberpunk city (tm)
youtube.com/watch?v=ryfvCPV2vEw