You might consider sitting this one out

You might consider sitting this one out...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vUBiRXXwqdI
youtube.com/watch?v=5tEGjrKxVl8
youtube.com/watch?v=iEv92vYnYgM
hce.halomaps.org/?fid=410
halopedia.org/Installation_03
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That part after the captain is eaten by the flood and all the doors open behind you and the flood fuckfaces appear from every opening.

That part where you climb the fucking covenant pyramid while banshees harass you constantly if you didn't stock up with the right weapons.

BLOW ME AWAY

>Captain is eaten
>Covenant pyramid
>In Halo 2
Kill me.

WHEN WE JOINED THE COVENANT WE TOOK AN OATH

Remember when Sup Forums made fun of Halo for being uninspired garbage? Not everything was great but I miss those times.

BLINDED?

Halo was never uninspired. It's mechanics just seeped into everything else without the people imitating it knowing how to implement those mechanics well at all.

BURN THEIR MONGREL HIDES

Paralyzed? Dumbstruck?

FIRE YOUR GUNS
ITS TIME TO RUN

IT WAS HERESY

THEY FALL IN LINE

ONE AT A TIME

The message just repeats.

Regret. Regret. Regret.

BLOW ME AWAYYYYYYYY

Blur's cutscenes suck, the direction of Bungie's in-engine work is way better.

That said I do like how the remastered gameplay looks in 2.

>Miranda's new face

>tfw H2A is almost perfect, if not for the fact the incubus and breaking benjamin songs aren't there due to copyright shit

You can still hit the back button and switch to the old graphics just to hear them, but still.

I disagree. The cutscenes in the remake are great.

The one thing i'd be willing to concede is that the shots in the gravemind cutscene where you can see the gravemind's whole body ruin the lovecraftian element to it where you never got to see how big it actually was.

But this is canceled out by the fact that they managed to make the gravemind look so much better and more disgusting, and actually implemented some of the stuff bungie wanted to on it's design they couldn't due to the hardware, like having it's teeth be made out of skulls and ribcages

Example showing the bone teeth he has now

What? She looks fine. I

b-wwwwwwwwwwwwAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa

ONLY THE STRONGEST WILL SURVIVE

That was done to reflect that Dr. Halsey was her mother, which wasn't really shown in H2.

First I'm hearing of it, and I played every game in the series.

Regardless it wasn't any call to age her 30 years.

>Dr. Halsey was her mother
Wait what?
I seriously need to read Fall of Reach again.

Blur's cutscenes are one of the few consistently good things about Halo these days

IF THEY CAME TO HEAR ME BEG, THEY WILL BE DISAPPOINTED

Fuck that, steal the fuel rod cannon and fill up the one that you should've taken from before. Proceed to kill everything with the overload of 20-30 rods.

The stresses of war user.

Everything I've seen and read about H2A made me love it and now I seriously want an XBONE.
BUT
There's one thing that seriously trigger my autism.
THE NEW SOUNDTRACK
Seriously, while it's not horrible, it's just fucking plain and boring compared to Marty's and Michael's.
Can you play with the original soundtrack and the new graphics?

Once I actually managed to get all the marines to that point in once piece. Now that was a fight.

Marty O'Donnel is god.

>tfw I would always try to save my Marines in that level on Legendary
>most I've ever gotten out alive is 1
I like to imagine that that one Marine was Chief's partner till they got back to Earth, buddy cop style. No idea how he would have gotten onto and off the Forerunner keyship.

>knew everything about the Covenant religion was a lie since they found humanity
>takes over the hierarchy and proceeds to lead them to damnation anyway
The absolute madman.

Making Truth go from a cunning schemer who was keeping the war going to keep himself in power to a boring, raving religious idiot in 3 was one of the lamest thing Halo 3 did. The shittier voice didn't help.

RIP voice of the Covenant, you deserved better.

Top 5 hardest legendary missions:

1. Gravemind
2. Regret
3. Outskirts
4. Two Betrayals
5. Coastal Highway

>The Covenant at one point discovers that only humans can use the most important and advanced tech left by the Forerunners
>Basically, only humans can retrieve the keys to start the TRUE Great Journey
>Basically fucking telling him and all the fucking Covenant that humans are literally the heirs of the Forerunners
>Humans can literally become, like their fathers, literal fucking GODS
>He wants them purged because reasons
>He single-handedly DOOMED everyone
Truth the most retarded character ever written.

He was just jealous because humanity was given the mantle instead of his ugly as fuck ayylmao race.

Top 5 hardest legendary missions:
1. Anything with the flood
2. Anything with the flood
3. Anything with the flood
4. Anything with the flood
5. Anything with the flood

Flood were piss easy in 3 bruv

>those spike shooting niggers that crawled up walls in 3 that would down your shield and kill you almost as fast as a Jackal sniper

"no"

>Commander, you don't have the firepower
>I've got the mass

He wanted them purged I think mostly due to pride. He had such a cozy spot at the top because the covenant believed he was a prophet and whatnot. If they found out the humans were the actual heirs, he would be fucked.

Wasn't really retarded. Just a giant asshole.

>war is on the verge of being won
>just discovered the home planet of your enemy
>for some reason just now is the best moment to betray your best fighting race who blindly serve and obey you to replace them with a bunch of retard apes
>instead of at least waiting like a month or two to make sure humanity was totally fucked lets do it right now
>said race ends up almost entirely being the reason you lose

What the hell was Truth's plan here?

His position is literally the head religious leader of the covenant, a religious war empire. He was always a fanatic and then when he realized it was all bullshit he just decided to plow through humanity and kill everyone anyway.

Keyes was way harder than Two Betrayals for me to be honest (fucking strike team) but other than that I agree

This You can win every encounter with the Covenant with only a fucking Plasma pistol and a few grenades.

Never remembered that, I do remember that Halo being console casual trash though

Halo 2 was objectively the worst Halo campaign

>HURR LET'S SEE HOW MANY FUCKING AREAS WE CAN REPEAT
Even Halo 1 didn't take it to these extremes

I never played Unreal Tournament sorry. =(

where the fuck are Cairo Station and Truth and Reconciliation

>Even Halo 1 didn't take it to these extremes

I think that was actually went into detail in the books, but the only one I've read is Broken Circle so fuck if I know why.

broken circle was really fucking good

Which has an easier Legendary campaign, 1 or 3? I'm inclined to say 3 but 1 was pretty easy too from what I recall.

I won't say this is bait, but I am wondering what you mean by repeating. Do you mean repeating mission ideas from Halo 1?

Isn't that one of the more recent books? Considering that Bungie still had a full on 11 years after 2 came out I would be really surprised if they didn't come up with an explanation for Truth's actions in that huge span of time.

>"Sup Forums suddenly likes halo what the fuck happened?" Threads being posted every single day

I'm glad it's over.

oop, meant 7 not 11. still a lot of time.

I thought the updated music was pretty much a straight upgrade to the original. There's only 1 track outside of the aformentioned loss of Incubus/Breaking Benjamin where I feel the new one isn't as good as the original

>First I'm hearing of it, and I played every game in the series.
You do realize the games are like, only 20% of the whole franchise, right? There's about 20 books, like 10 comics, etc. The series has been cross media since the start; the first novel came out about a week before CE.

It's not mentioned in Fall of Reach, it's in Halsey's journal, which comes with the limited edition of Halo Reach, and is also what explains a lot of the discrepancies between the game and the book.

A lot of what Staten (who was bungie's main writer for the halo games, and alongside nylund, basically invented halo's lore, and especially planned out all the inner workings of the covenant) had in plan with Truth got cut and changed between halo 2 and 3. In the end of the book that bridges halo CE and halo 2, for instance, Tartarus brings him the remains of a forerunner slispace crystal, ominously says "this will be enough for our purposes", then orders tartarus to assassinate all the people who gathered the pieces.

That has never been mentioned since.

Anyways, contact harvest (which is written by Staten) goes into a bit what Truth's motiviations were with wanting humanity exterminated.

ACCORDING TO OUR STATION,
ALL WITHOUT EXCEPTION!

It's not really heresy though. It's more like negligence or incompetence

I kind of agree besides the jarring switch from CGI to in-game, I didn't like the opening cutscene for Sacred Icon. For unknown reasons it's daylight, their is no energy shield around the Library and for unknown reasons the Covenant Phantom is flying backwards toward the Library. These not issues in the original cutscene.

Indeed, the Gravemind was fucking terrifying now.

while I was in my cell I overheard one of the guards talking about this second halo ring. They call it: Halo 2.

The writers backed themselves into a corner and needed a stupid excuse for why the bad guy wouldn't actually win.

>Tartarus activated the ring
>Cortana never did detonate In Amber Clad's reactors
>she probably couldn't have anyways without Miranda's codes, like hoiw you needed Jacob's

It's just bad writing.

CE is usually regarded as the second-most or even most difficult Halo while 3's campaign was literally babby mode

Halo 1 is just 10 levels with 3 done in reverse and continual similar looking areas

I don't know how they fucked that up, when I play Halo 2 to Halo 3 she looks fine but when I play H2A to H3 it's jarring as hell.

Well, I think that he was neither. I said retarded just because.
I think it was just fear of the unknown. He thought the Great Journey wasn't possible, so he thought that if Halo is a weapon, it only can affect a desired target, like a normal weapon (I like to think he just wanted Earth destroyed).
I think the same thing could happen to us, if an ayy race comes to Earth and tells us that they're the heirs of, say, reptilians, and want to save humanity.

see
Essentially, the young Truth and Regret were planning a coup against the current Prophet hierarch's, and went to consult the deviated forerunner oracle (actually a shard of Mendicant Bias) located inside the forerunner keyship which powered High Charity for some formal covenant tradition I forget the details about, of which the younger (but still very old) Mercy was the steward of.

At this same time, the covenant had just discovered humanity on Harvest, the UNSC's most backwater colony, and an early diplomatic meeting between the two empires resulted in conflict due to a misunderstanding where the covenant was after a huge amount of forerunner artifacts they detected on the planet,

Anyways, so Truth and Regret went to this de-activated oracle/monitor to get it's blessing for something (both of them thinking it was justy a formality and the whole thing was bogus, niehter were particularly religious), when suddenly the oarcle re-acviates and informs them that what they thought were forerunner artifacts, represented by the glyph for "reclimation", were actually each indivual human being on Harvest, with the glyph actually being "Reclaimer", IE, the rightful heirs to the forerunners. Truth and Regret decide (ostensibly, they really mostly wanted power) that for the good of the covenant, to brush the whole thing under the wrong, and label humanity as heretics so nobody would know, or else the covenant would fall apart. Mercy was guaranteed a spot among them as the third hierach to shut him up, though Mercy was actually religious, and you can even note that in some of his dialog in Halo 2, when MC finds him being attacked by the flood infection form, he even says that "this time, none of you will be left behind", with him intending that once the rings get activated, humanity will finally be reunited with the forerunners.

But 2 and Reach are definitely harder than CE. Not sure about ODST but it may be harder too.

What does Sup Forums think about SPV3?
Honestly to me it was like playing a whole new Bungie Halo game. Can't wait for the second half next year.

>I thought the updated music was pretty much a straight upgrade to the original.
I think you didn't listen to it outside of in-game.
As I said, it isn't horrible, I actually like it, but to me some tracks feel overdone and other feel boring.
youtube.com/watch?v=vUBiRXXwqdI
youtube.com/watch?v=5tEGjrKxVl8
You CAN'T say to me that Peril isn't the superior one.

>SPV3

They actually fucking released it?

Hell yeah man, look up their >reddit. It's only the first half, but it's still pretty good.

The writers between 2 and 3 switched so we got a shitty piece together between them, with plotlines dropped

>I think you didn't listen to it outside of in-game.

That'd be correct. But I do switch the graphics back and forth a lot in game, which also switchs the music, and even when swiotching back and forth the new songs sounded like a straight upgrade

Regarding the example you linked, i'd say both are about even. There's some parts of the newer one that i'm iffy on, others parts sound nicer.

Some parts of it are really cool and well done, others not so much. If it was consistently at the level of quality it's at at it's best, it'd be amazing.

But most fan projects tend to have that issue. /vp/'s fangame for example is 10/10 stellar for the good fakemon designs and music it has, but others are clearly uninspired.

>Honestly to me it was like playing a whole new Bungie Halo game
That's what halo 5's MP feels like to me. It feels like i'm playing a better balanced Halo 2.

I haven't found a way to get CE for PC so I sadly haven't gotten to play it. The OST is great for being made by a bunch of fans.
youtube.com/watch?v=iEv92vYnYgM

>Installation 04=Alpha Halo
>Installation 05=Delta Halo
>Installation 03=Gamma Halo

explain this lorefags

I felt Halo 2 original story just dealt with the Ark on Earth but the story was too short they just went crazy and added all this second Halo ring crap. I honestly felt like most of Halo 2 after leaving Earth was filler because I didn't understand why I was on Halo again, why Truth would send Tartarus to activate Halo if he was going to do it anyway, why the Gravemind needed Chief at High Charity if he was taking over anyway, or why Cortana didn't blow up High Charity. It just felt like Bungie was trying to make the most epic story ever but not proof reading their stuff, no offense.

Where did we get a name for 3? Was that in Halo 4?

I like the mysterious murky water better.

For some reason Bungie really really liked to fuck poor Joes storyies and mangle them halfway through. At least we got ODST out of him.

Is there a torrent with the full Halo custom edition package somewhere?
last time I tried to download it there wasnt a crack included

I downloaded it here. No virus or anything.
hce.halomaps.org/?fid=410

ONLY THE STRONGEST WIIILLLLL SURVIVE

It's incredibly difficult to get any more than three out. I've tried on easy too and for some reason they gradually disappear. Not dead either, sometimes they just don't get on lifts or go across bridges.

That's fucking great!
This is what was bugging me all along, the fact that Truth and Regret wasn't religious like Mercy and knew that Halo was a fucking weapon to exterminate all fucking life all this time AND even then Truth in 3 WANTED TO ACTIVATE THEM, EFFECTIVELY DOOMING EVERYONE IN THE PROCESS.
This is why 3, while the campaign is great, the writing is fucking shit (aside of one-liners and some phrases).

Er... scratch that. I have no idea why I posted that. There's a link for CE on the SPV3 download page. You just need a product code, which you can find on the internet.

honestly when i jumped on that scarab for the first time and steve vai's metal version of the theme started playing i shit, came, farted, and exploded at the same time

Wait Halo CE doesn't have 1 use products
lol what

Yeah that always bugged the shit out of me. I would be making good progress but when they reach that grav lift they accidentally get stuck on each other's heads and then aren't able to get the right height for it to actually move them.

And to get them to follow you you have to go into it first, so if they glitch out there's fuck all you can do to push them in or something.

Flood were pathetic in 2. Too few, and most levels with hordes were Arbiter camo runners anyway with a few exceptions.

halopedia.org/Installation_03
>Installation 03, also known as Gamma Halo

CD key, you know what I mean.

Well, fuck it, I'll buy it.
I should calm my autism on these little things, fuck, I can still switch every time I feel like it.

I'm really excited to see what he will write now that he is working with Msoft again.

Technically Truth, Mercy, and Regret were all equal in the hierarchy, and it was Mercy who was the fanatic. Truth was a schemer and manipulator.

That's really all Halo 3 did. Swap out Truth's character for Mercy, just for the cancer that is celebrity voice acting.

I wish they weren't dumb as shit compared to the enemies too.
>rush into battle
>take a bit of damage so they go into cover
>instead of staying near cover and throwing a grenade or firing while running to another cover they run out and stand there until they die

I'm 80% sure the VO for Truth declined the position for Halo 3

Holy. Shit.