I'm about to beat SMTIV for the first time, what route did you guys pick?

I'm about to beat SMTIV for the first time, what route did you guys pick?

Does Apocalypse have the same routes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Willingham
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I went law first then chaos and finally neutral.
Apocalypse happens during the neutral route.
Like right before you go to the final 2 dungeons.

But does Apocalypse also have Law/Chaos, or just one ending? I've heard something about Anarchy?

Yes Law/Chaos give you a game over while the two neutral routes continue on

Whats with the hee-ho faggot I keep seeing?

Shut your mouth, ho

Hee-hos no style, hee-hos no grace
This demon is of the fairy race
Hee can hostand when he needs to
And stretch his arms out to cast mabufu
Hee-ho himself, for just 1x lifestone
This ATLUS mascot just digs this tune, HO!

I never go into these game with a route to take. I always accept the one that my natural choices give me. That being said I landed on neutral my first go. It was a long time before I finished it cause of all the side quests I had to do. But well worth it.

what did he mean by this?

Is that gun loss?

>not embracing the hee
>not embracing the ho

Nice user

Hee-ho fuck yourself.

I got chaos on my first playthrough, I tried to go neutral after killing King Kenji but I was too far into chaos by then for a single law choice to balance out into neutral.

Started a new playthrough a while ago, kind of stopped playing shortly after reaching Tokyo. I've been thinking of getting back into it but at this point it might be better to wait for Apocalypse

Just started Strange Journey though, that should keep me going for a while. I had tried SJ as my first SMT months ago after getting into Persona 3, but was initially turned off by the first-person dungeon crawling and had stopped before even reaching the first boss. This time I'm actually playing through it for real, and it's pretty cool.

Finally bought SJ like three days ago after playing through it on emulators for years. I chose chaos the first time around but this time i'm gonna go neutral to see the "true" ending.

Catch phrase of Jack Frost the mascot of SMT and sometimes Atlus

Man I really fucking wish there was a mainline game on consoles in the SJ universe. I love the design and setting of this game. Shit would look fucking amazing on the P5 engine.

>Buy my 3DS in July of 2013.
>SMT IV was my second game purchase after FE:A when I bought my 3DS in July.
>Didn't actually play IV until now, in July of 2016, three fucking years later.

I feel really bad I never played it until now, I'm really fucking enjoying this game. Music is 10/10 for me.
I've made it up until right after the Black Samurai was executed.

The only thing I dont really like is that the enemies pursue you when I want to explore, sometimes I just want to look around the areas and take it all in.

Estoma Sword.

Post Hee-hos

Is that an item or a weapon?

skill

Seriously?

I've been really feeling like I'd like to play a more chill SMT game.

Imagine something like Nocturne where everything's all fucked and there's demons n shit but there's no full story just you fucking about the ruined world.

I have no idea how to really explain what I'd like to play.

>not telling me what I'm suppose to buy (hee-ho)

Sounds like something like Fallout if it was in Tokyo.

SMT: Breath of the Wild?

kek

EO is still Fatlus's best franchise.

I'm about to play SMT4 for the first time though after I knock out DeSurvivor and TMS. Anything I ought to know? I already know the game becomes a cake walk after Minotaur.

who /soon/ here

Open world game like Fallout or Elder Scrolls in the Strange Journey, Nocturne or DDS universe. Ill take fifty please

I want Apocalypse but I don't know if it's financially feasible anymore bros and heehos.
You might have to hoy without me.

STR only affects regular attacks which is pretty useless since you'll be wanting to use either physical or magical abilities during battles. Invest heavily in DEX or INT based on which you prefer. Stick a couple of points in other stats every so often.

You WILL die a lot early on. Don't worry. Until you build up a full team of demons early battles will be tough. Don't be discouraged.

You literally said the name of it in your post.
>Imagine

Just pirate it ho

>MMOs

I sort of meant something like

Ho.

I love Jack Frost.

Is 3DS piracy a thing now? My 3DS is updated.

>Is 3DS piracy a thing now?
Is there a corresponding SMT demon for Slowpoke?

This remains the only SMT game i've ever beaten.
Is it the best in the series?

If you feel like burning through the game a few times and get the different endings you get some bonuses when you buy apocalypse. I'm not entirely sure how it works though, or if you can do it with a digital or physical copy.

It's been a thing since January.
I'm in the same boat, poor college student here.
But I can get literally any 3ds game I want for free

It'll probably go on sale though, a lot of the SMT games for 3ds have.

Depends on who you ask.

That reminds me that I took Vivian all the way to the end of the game in both SMTIV and SJ.

Best Game play but I feel some people dont like the setting when compared to the usual SMT atmosphere

There doesn't seem to be a consensus. Some prefer Strange Journey, some prefer the older games, some prefer the offshoots like Digital Devil Saga.

Anyone else have a preference to certain types of demons? I generally end up recruiting serpentine demons like Ananta, Seth, and Samael.
Also, something I found funny was that Ananta's description mentions breathing fire but he learns Mabufudyne.

>tfw tried playing this on hard but got my ass whooped and gave up
Should I try playing it again on normal?

Well, it's always been "Oh, you updated you're 3DS? Welp time to bust out the soldering iron if you want that free vidya!"

It not the best because DDS exists, and hard mode triples store prices.

It's great, but some of the dungeons are a bit shit

Nocturne is actually very much an odd one out in the series, it's very different in tone and setting to most megaten games. It's a lot less sci-fi and has a much more unique feeling to it than the others. It's hard to describe but even though I hate the dungeons in Nocturne I find myself drawn to it for other reasons.

NANASHI

Yes.
No one will begrudge you playing on normal. Hard is just an exercise in frustration.

Why does that image exist? It would never occur to me to make the pomf loli into a shota demifiend.

ONE MORE GOD _____

Can barely wait
Thinking of going for the best buy preorder for the baller outfit

>EO is still Fatlus's best franchise

My endgame outfit.

>mfw pirating it and getting all of the dlc

REJECTED

It'll still whoop your ass even on normal. Nocturne is brutal. It can be pretty frustrating, especially with mudo and hama skills. Still, if you like the setting, go for it.

Just remember that fiends (skeletons with candelabra) are completely optional (unless you're going for the True Demon Ending) and you can just avoid them by choosing "No" when the candelabrum starts flickering, and sometimes you don't even have to go to where they're encountered to advance the plot. I made the mistake of not realising this until after I had died to Daisoujou about twenty times.

Personally I think DDS has a much much better story and characters but Nocturne has better battle gameplay.

>tfw Tayama had the GOAT VA
Who was that guy and is he in Apocalypse?

I pre-order from gamestop
I'm gonna go full edge

can someone translate the moon runes in this picture?

Buttmad casual identified

>Oh~... Cool! It suits you, leader!
>Mmm, I'll admit it, that's a splendid design.

>Not becoming a cardboard box

Loli obsessed nerd detected

>Who was that guy
Knuckles the hedgehog apparently
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Willingham

>and is he in Apocalypse?
I don't think the VA list is out yet

>tfw I accidently got Law first while trying to get neutral

LAW IS SHIT

>Roy Mustang was a drug dealer to demons

>what route did you guys pick?
>picking anything but neutral

Almost. Can't wait to fuck Toki

Hee is love
Ho is life

>Shooting for neutral on first playthrough
>End up with at a range where I can't get neutral, no matter the choice

I strictly only allow the "QT" type on my team

>Yo kill these fuckers in the arena mission
>But I don't want to
>Fuck you here's tons of law points

I had to turn on that weird generator thing just to get back into neutral.

its best to save neutral for last anyway

Same. I felt cheated.

Autismal can't handle any strategy tougher than "use fire on snowmans" detected.

This. I went neutral first and lost all will to get the other two endings. Going Law->Chaos->Neutral is the best way.

Tayama isn't in the game, and Willingham's at the point that Bailey's at where AAA projects are taking up his time too much that he'll be in a lot less niche games from now on, even if he shouldn't be barred from being in them like Baker is.

But speaking of VOs, does anyone know who voices Navarre now? It's not O'Brien anymore, but the voice still sounds nice and matches the Japanese one better.

>le drawing dungeons so complex

Who is excited for the return of Hoyman?

Is he actually back in any meaningful way? I thought it was 100% Lucifer until near the end.

>le fusing demons so hardcore
>edge master demons are cool angels are evil

neutral is always the best because it has the most content

They have to be, Flynn and co. form a second party against YHVH.

Who is best girl and why is it Hikaru?

Could you survive in a wurld of STR?

Yeah, that's what I meant. I thought Walter was stuck in the arm for most of the game.

What are you, retarded?

Will you play it bros?

Already bought some mistletoe to put on my phone just in case of Beldr.

>picking anything but neutral
Ok, fuck this game's alignment point bullshit. I play pretty balanced, not being a fucking douchebag to people (or demons) just for kicks, not going for the Luxurors' and angels' bullshit either.

The cynical old man says people can't figure me out, or something like that, when I talk to him.

Great, I'm going neutral, baby!

Then I pick at the binary choice, make it the rest of the way through the dungeon, and find out I'm locked with Jonathan, and Isabeau is going to kill me for all the right reasons.

Ok, I guess I didn't get the neutral route, even though I've been playing neutrally? So I reload on the other file, make different choices, and get the "destroy the universes" ending. Uhm, I guess that's neutral, in a way, but not really what I was looking for.

Ok, guess I have to pick Walter, because it's the only option left. And, wait, I'm fucking chaos routelocked. Uh, what? And Isabeau wants to kill me, again, for rerasons I completely agree with. So then I look up a guide, and see the true fucking face of this game's horseshit.

THIS FUCKING GAME. IF YOU'RE ACTUALLY PLAYING NEUTRAL, YOU CAN ONLY PICK LAW/CHAOS, BECAUSE IF YOU'RE ANYWHERE NEAR ZERO ALIGNMENT POINTS, WHATEVER YOU PICK PUTS YOU SOLIDLY IN ITS FUCKING LOCK ZONE. FUCKING CHRIST.

To get neutral, you have to play one alignment enough to get your points high/low enough that you can pick the other option at routelock. Let me repeat, if you are ACTUALLY FUCKING PLAYING NEUTRAL IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE NEUTRAL ROUTE.

De-fucking-fend this.

Ok, well, I guess Walter's a cool guy, saying the chaotic things that make sense, calling out the angels on their bullshit without being a total douchebag to everyone. Maybe the chaos route isn't going to be too bad. And him having sexual tension with schoolgirl Satan along the way is gonna be kinda funny. NOPE. Walter gets nomm'd and I'm stuck with asshat no-fun Lucifer.

Fuck this game.

>Estoma Sword
If I didn't have to waste a skill slot on it, sure. But there are barely enough for the resistances to make my demons not garbage, and the skills they actually need in combat.

I should just carry a toolbox demon with all the shit out-of-combat skills, but that feels bad.

>mfw I played Neutral and got the Neutral ending
I even did a fuckton of sidequests too. It's all about balancing your chaos with law.

sound like you are retarded son

As much as I like him, Walter is such a poorly-written character. It's so easy to pinpoint exactly where he goes full chaos, because he literally changes his entire philosophy in a single dialogue box.