atlus.com/king-fighters-xiv-heading-las-vegas-evo-2016/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VVp3meI7TDs
youtube.com/watch?v=nszXkHx5Y-k
youtube.com/watch?v=xKWu3Q5ggCk&t=23m
youtube.com/watch?v=rKKKPM23Mt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

angel

So far, I've liked everything that they've done with KOF XIV and I really hope it succeeds. I remember thinking of KoF as the, "Poor Man's Street Fighter" before I got into the games and experienced them for myself and realizing that it has its own offerings and flavor that's pretty unique. I hope people who were like me find this game and get into the rest of the series as a result.

I just think this a solid game that's just a breath of fresh air for KoF, though I am worried about how critics might receive it, not having stellar graphics is a pretty much an instant turn-off for a lot of people.

Is kof 13 a good starting point?

Try 98

XIII is fucking great. If that's what's most readily available to you, go for it.

game will have shit netcode, so I'm not that excited

Better than SFV at least

Im getting into it. Im buying a PS4 just for this game

I fell in love with 2002 after an user recommended it to me a month ago. Now I'm trying out XIII. I really like this series.

>still a month and 12 days

ugh

I want the song BURNING ON THE INSIDE

You better not have cheated on them

Im a bit salty about all the pachinko wank and Nakoruru, Id rather see those slots used on actual KoF characters

but Im still liking most of what Im seeing and pretty excited. Game looks fun

>Im a bit salty about all the pachinko wank and Nakoruru, Id rather see those slots used on actual KoF characters
The way I see it just gives SNK a chance to use different characters that aren't FF/AA/OC ones.

Did you pre-order premium edition?

I honestly bought a PS4 just for this game too. I started with 2002UM (I just bought on a whim one day) and now I'm into the series too.

eh that's fine but I just don't really like the ones they're using. XiangFei is a better china girl, B Jenet fits the pirate girl slot fine and we really don't need a girl Terry

>Mai on DoA5

Anyone else can't contain their erection?

I did

I don't even have a PS4
I just want that artbook

Honestly you're just asking for Fatal Fury vs Art of Fighting, minding that both XiangFei and Jenet are Fatal Fury characters and Kasumi is AOF

she really doesn't look very good at all and her play style is gonna get butchered

been wanting more FF reps in KOF for years, especially after it became clear that MOTW2 was never actually going to be released, despite SNK saying for nearly a fucking decade that they were working on it

Here's my retort:

Fuck you make Pachinko characters real characters because Pachinko is not a real game. Maybe we can get a fucking Sky Love or Dragon Gal action game out of this fucking shit. There's nothing wrong with trying to scout new territory instead of treading the same shit you've already done.

>Honestly you're just asking for Fatal Fury vs Art of Fighting

No. Im asking for characters who don't suck. If we're gonna just stick in a pirate and a china girl Id rather we use the ones we already have then booting them for no reason.

I actually like a lot of the new characters. (Mian especially has my eye) The three pachi slot girls are frankly just really dull and unappealing.

>The three pachi slot girls are frankly just really dull and unappealing.
There are 47 other characters, you can't have everything be pleasing to you, live with it

>live with it

I did? I said as much in the first post that It doesn't bother to the point of actually being mad and I really like how the new characters and game is looking over all.

It was just a small aside I wanted to comment on. For fuck's sake.

How would you feel to have Rugal back?

MAKE SOME NOISE!

UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF LOVE
>tfw people only associate this with JSRF

How many chinese characters are in Kof?
Do you guys think there will ever be a game with all SNK characters like some Super Neo Geo Battle Coliseum?

rat boys will main him
again

She looks better in DoA than in KOF XIV. She has a weird duck face in this game.

>Do you guys think there will ever be a game with all SNK characters like some Super Neo Geo Battle Coliseum?
Someday. Hopefully.

>She has a weird duck face in this game.
And she has the same fucking generic porcelain doll face that every single girl in DoA has in DoA.

I'd rather have THE LORD GOD

youtube.com/watch?v=VVp3meI7TDs

Didn't King of Fighters start as just that though?

Which is better than a duck face.

I don't want to stir up the "lol ps2 graphics" fags but jesus fuck don't zoom in on it if THAT's going to be the central focus of the screen. Same thing with Mature's pocket mirror.

I very highly disagree.

>How many chinese characters are in Kof?

Li Xingfei
Mian
Chin
Lin
Ron
Kensou
Bao
Duo Lon
Xiao Lon
the Jins
Tung Fu Ru
Shun'ei
Pillow guy

so 13 that I can remember

Yes. 94 was pretty much AoF vs FF: The game(With some OCs)

But Battle Colosseum had SNK characters from all sorts of SNK games like Metal Slug World Heroes and so on.

I hate how broken has been this guy since the first game. And I hate how overrated he is.
>Mfw no love for Krizalid

My dick agrees that is fine. XIV doesn't even give it a half stiffy.

Wasn't she half american?

Krizalid is the coolest of the lot.
but Rugal isn't overrated at all

Fuck off Andy Bogard

>Rugal isn't overrated at all
In South America he is
>Pillow guy
who?

born in China raised in America.

this guy. His own a team with headphones and Tung

For some reason I don't like Headphones design. Seems to me like the developers dropped the ball with his design.

Im waiting to see more of his personality. Because if they make him a chuu2 dork instead of yet another "look how cool I am" emo ponce then it works

youtube.com/watch?v=nszXkHx5Y-k
Capcom Vs SNK 3 when?

KOF thread on a monday evening (now tuesday night)? You're wild.

Only if SNK and Neo_G makes it, I don't trust Capcom at all with SNK's characters at this point.

Calm down there, Long Island.

Oda said there's already enough FF characters as it is. Look up Japan Expo interview.

>A deal is a deal

Don't mix 5LR with X3 or the rest of the franchise. Those are the real dollface.

He will return Sup Forums?

There is no reason to ever pick any team that isn't Team Kim

Mai doesn't even look like Mai, it looks like Kasumi or some shit with Mai's outfit. No one even realized that Mai was a playable character and not just a costume because of how fucking generic she looks. It's still a problem in 5LR.

As much of KOF lover as i am, I think this game could use another year. Even if its just to beef up its visuals. The truth of the matter is that even if the gameplay is great, people just aren't going to touch it cause its not exactly pretty. Erg, it won't get the respect it deserves and will become the Battleborn of fighting games released this year and thats gonna depress me.

man that game was weird as hell when it came to actual effort.

A lot of SNK characters got brand new sprites and Kysosuke was built from the ground up to work in 2D

but then you got Morrigan who was a copy past job

>and Kysosuke was built from the ground up to work in 2D
He was an interesting choice on Capcom's end I wondered why they picked him.

>but then you got Morrigan who was a copy past job
[Insert joke about Capcom using a ten years sprite joke here]

>Picking teams
>Not just picking Angel, Luong and Mai

I don't WHOLLY agree. I think SNK is more aware of their comparative nicheness and can actually survive and do pretty well if the game doesn't pull in the numbers Capcom expects.

I think between their long term fans, the hardcore fighting crowd and enough people who are curious the game should do pretty alright.

>tfw Kim is going to be top tier yet again

Oh I'm not defending 5LR Mai though.

I think you mean Luong, Vice, and Mature

This is the best one hands down.

his manlet master will probably be even better

KT stepped their face game up though in 5LR. Just... not Mai.

is there anyone anywhere cooler than Terry?

No. No there isn't. That was rhetorical. Terry is quite literally the coolest dude every and anyone you could even try to mention isn't fit to dust off his sneakers.

Does anyone even main Mai, or do they just fap to her?

Guys, listen to the bgm at 23:00 - 25:45.

youtube.com/watch?v=xKWu3Q5ggCk&t=23m

I use her a good bit. Though Im really more a whip fag

I just save pictures.

I'm sure there's some here who genuinely use her however.

Whip fag here too
youtube.com/watch?v=rKKKPM23Mt8
>We wil never see half of them again

I can kind of make out vocals but the talking is too loud to clearly make out

If you're still here, It's a good game, but it departs from what KoF usually plays like. If you want to prepare for XIV try 98 or 2002 instead or their um versions.

There are no vocals. Try more.

They did let a new young developer design him. Take that in as you may.

I do. I ate a lot of shit from the small "Scene " my town had for fighting games every time I used her, but I frankly don't give a fuck.

Angel is cute and Ramon looks badass and fun to play.

The only XIII things left in XIV are EX moves, XIII input leniency and HD bypass.

Not that guy, but I'm retarded, what am I listening for?

Kyo/Iori/Shingo team's theme in XI.

>the best buttboi won't be in the game
into the trash it goes.

I don't know why fags keep saying DOA Mai looks generic. The closest she looks like is Kasumi and that's only if you ignore the nose and round jaw.

Who?

Ash a shit, good riddance.

Dude are you being for real? If you don't focus too hard on it every single one of those faces looks exactly the same. It's only when you are scrutinizing minute details that you can tell they're different.

>Terry is the coolest dude ever
>Gets a redesign
>Still the coolest

Not that user, but it's true though.

Based SNK

They all look the same to me except for the bottom left

I mean, we got matchup-specific bgm in here! And old themes with that.

Who /BurnToFightEdition/ here

You fags are trying too hard.

>tfw poor NEET