What are some good adventure games where you actually have to look at clues and use your brain to go on instead of just...

What are some good adventure games where you actually have to look at clues and use your brain to go on instead of just listing off dialogue options?

Fallout 4

wow the thread went to shit sooner than I expected

LA Noire

Skyrim, Oblivion, pretty much any Bethesda game.

the sherlock games from gamefrog..pretty awesome atmosphere lots of riddles

Hotel Dusk

Persona 4

thanks
do you actually investigate shit in that game? It looked like a glorified moviegame from the trailers

It's a glorified movie game.

Its a damn masterpiece movie game tho. Lacked more action scenes

bladerunner

fucking wut. Quest markers are the opposite of what OP's looking for, most likely.

Serpent in the Staglands. It's a little indie crpg that's cryptic as fuck, in a good way. You're expected to write down notes and carefully examine things. It's pretty neat.

that sounds neat, thank you

The Sherlock games really delivered that to me.

Still, I wish there were more investigation games.
I've been eyeing Soul Suspect, but I didn't actually play it, so I can't recommend it wholeheartedly

You're talking 'bout Crime and Punishment and the sequel - whatever it is called - that just released?

Are they any good?

kek

Crimes and Punishments is fucking top-tier in terms of clues following and deductions. You DO have to pay attention to little things to discern correct conclusions from wrong ones. I haven't played Devil's Daughter yet though.

Sweet! I always assumed it was shit without giving it a second glance.

Don't get overhyped though. There is certainly more freedom than in something like Danganronpa or Ace Attorney, but some streamlining is still present, like list of objectives or connection of logic. At the end of the case, however, when you have several solutions, you will probably go around and recheck all the evidence to find which is correct, since all theories are good by themselves, but may miss something. Now that I think about it, it's pretty close to the books' process of elimination, which is cool.

First 30 mins I thought it was shit then slowly started getting into it, by the end I was upset it was over.

You can send the wrong people down too just to be a cunt.

You can add its prequel 'testament of Sherlock holmes' to that list too

The Secret World. Most investigations missions are like that.

Myst.

secret world investigation missions, keep in mind that the rest of the game is shit

Great atmosphere and writing, most of the VA work is passable to great and the combat isn't any worse than any other MMO.