How the fuck Kyle Katarn is still not canon?

How the fuck Kyle Katarn is still not canon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_gBWpWwIBKw
youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who?

Dark Forces protag who was popular with EU fans, so he subsequently got some comics and novels made about him, as well as appearing in a few more videogames.

Everything relevant that he ever did is now done by minorities and women

got to craft your own original characters
they're far superior, don't you know

Never dude. Learn to accept it. Theyve gutted every worthy achievement of his and given them to like 8 different characters now. Just be happy Thrawns back.

He was never that interesting as a character anyway. He was just an excuse for the games to toy with various settings and gameplay styles.

His games were rad, though.

Who gives a shit if Kyle Katarn is canon? The Dark Forces games still kick ass regardless.

I do because fuck you I want to see Kyle Katarn in the sequel trilogy

Because Kanan Jarrus and Jyn Erso essentially filled his role. He'll undoubtedly be re-canonized somewhere down the line, but it won't be without major alterations first.

But he is you faggot.

Just not the gender that you think he is.

He's been shoehorned into a female character.

Fate worse than death

Nigga her name is Jyn Erso

>not final
the worst is yet to come

I thought it was Ira Bell?

I can already see them trolling us.
>Some guy mispronounces her name to Jan Orso
>She tells him its not her.
>Some comment about a male partner, hinting at Katarn
>Jyn Erso is a strong woman that dont need no man partner.

I need r34 of that chick GOD DAMN

>FLYING HELICOPTER LIGHTSABERS

I thought the Lightwhip and the Lightscythe were fucking bonkers but here we've achieved maximum stupidity

>ape_escape.webm

>Jyn Erso
>Jan Ors
Bravo diversity.

I want what the makers were taking

WTF!!!
THAT GUY WAS LITERALLY DEAD!!!

Why

Think back user, what did you really see?

nigga got fixed in TCW

>Seen this webm many times
>Just now see that Darth Maul 2.0 is also dual-wielding a fucking stick

Because that goes against Disney's "Luke is the last and only Jedi since the end of A New Hope" lore.

Getting cut in half from waist doesn't necessarily kill someone.

Doesn't explain surviving the fall, though

because he's a white cis nu male and does not represent vast universe of a diverse world of star Wars™

>spinning is a good trick

He was killed by darth sidius in clone wars

except they already have the rebels cartoon jedis
and fucking yoda
sheev just slapped his shit

Have to admit, the fight between him and the emperor is pretty good. Maul goes all out, the emperor toys with him, then just shocks his ass.

Eurofags blown out once again

you fucking got me

The fuck couldn't they have just swapped the roles of Kyle and Jan, and just kept them as the Death Star plan-stealers? Actually, I know the answer; it's because some fuckface suit wants to put "their" stamp on the series.

What I want to know is why Disney just doesn't make more EU shit and just slap a Legends sticker on it.

Do they not wholly own Kyle Katarn and his support cast? Would they be losing out on money if they made Dark Forces IV instead of rewriting him into the new canon?

>Badass "Too cool for Jedi" Katarn is now not a thing
>but Airy Bell is
End everything

Ayyy you nigger

Kylefags are the fucking worse.

Dont worry. He willbe when disney runs outta ways to milk the next line of star wars movies.

>make a movie surrounding the events where Kyle first came to light
>include a huge bunch of characters in some sort of band of brothers thing
>not one of them is Kyle
>he's replaced with a tough gurl who will have as much personality as a cardboard box

They already made a Thrawn with a different backstory canon
it's only a few more years till they copy shit from the old EU

>They could have been about him realizing the truth that no other jedi or sith wanted to know, that the force isn't inherently good or evil, it is what people do with it that makes it so
STOP THIS MADNESS
Force powers are not good or evil; the dark side is evil because it controls you when you tap into its power. You literally lose yourself when you go there.

Why did Filoni get pissed after Sam Witwer joked around saying Katarn pops out of the YT-2400 instead of Dash?

>NigNog vs YuVong
Make it happen.

God Rey was annoying. The entire movie would have been better without her.

I actually liked Finn more than her. She was just too powerful for a girl with no training. I mean, epIV Luke lost to that shitty training droid, shit his pants learning about the mind trick (..."we were about to get killed!"), but Rey is a master.

I didn't really mind Rey for most of the movie.

Then her Mary Sue powers of being able to snipe Stormtroopers after firing a gun 3 times and using force powers with probably negative training kicked in.
Then she was a terrible character.

Taking it back, the Vong variant will be made even nazier space nazis; this time they will have tattoos and be the neonazis; uncultured swines.

what did he mean by this?

you can literally see kyle on the cover with an AR

Lol does he hate the star wars movies that much?

>there will never be a force-sensitive character that doesn't give a shit about being a jedi or using a lightsaber, but uses their powers to be a lovable lazy dick

The dark side doesn't make you go crazy, being a raging inherently unstable faggot makes you go crazy.

Anyone that uses it with the thought process of needing a bigger gun to solve a problem is doomed to failure.

>I bypassed the character development!
Yes, yes, well done Rey, well done Rey

HOWEVER

Apparently he wanted them to kill off Han Solo in Empire Strikes Back. This was back when his career was starting to blow up, and he wanted to go off and do other movies, but couldn't pass up the star wars cash.

Finn's backstory didn't work for me, it contrasted with his character and took me out of the movie.

>How the fuck Kyle Katarn is still not canon?

because he's a white male.

Wonder if he showed the kid his Sheev Spin.

I think he counts his lucky stars that he was one of the only two actors who were able to continue high-profile careers after those movies.

did this guy show up in Rebels?
Sheev said he wanted it cloned

>The dark side doesn't make you go crazy
It does

>Dirty Sanches
>Milla Jonovitch
>unnamed nazi robot
>The Last Samurai
>Machete
>Abdul "bomb them to the tomb" Muhammed Ahmed
Where's Kyle?

>Good, good

It's a joke, but for the longest time he was snide about Star Wars, working on it again seems to have melted his frigid grumpiness.

What would you do if Kyle Katarn suddenly shows up in the next Star Wars film?

>Since they were paid low salaries for the first Star Wars, Mark Hamil signed an agreement with Lucas
>In exchange for a cut in pay, he'd get a piece of merchandising, and one of every product created
>Over the years, Mark has been given one of every piece of Star Wars merchandise ever made
>It is rumored that he owns a temperature controlled warehouse in california where he stores it all, in mint condition
>He has over $1,000,000 in collectibles that have never seen the light of day

>>unnamed nazi robot
Bitch it's the Iron Giant

If he makes jokes referencing old EU stuff and is the exact same character, I'd love it.

I was talking about James Earl Jones, but OK.

>it wasn't me

it's "it ain't me", you fupa having shit stain

Being crazy makes the dark side corrupt you, if you're not crazy it doesn't.

From any perspective it doesn't make sense for the dark side to even exist if it's inherently destructive to the user. The force exists in life, if the dark side corrupts and kills everything it touches it would eventually just destroy itself and everything else.

he was talking about the song by Shaggy.

I completely forget about him.

Also, Mark has gone on to say that he loves voice acting over regular acting, since the audience can't see you. When Batman the Animated Series was in development, he wanted to be the voice of Mr. Freeze, and was a bit bummed out when they wanted him to play Joker. Now, he is the Joker.

youtube.com/watch?v=_gBWpWwIBKw

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is

Right next to jan. Literally has the same clothes as kyle under the brown leather jacket, more apparent in the trailers where you can actually fucking see them though

>Being crazy makes the dark side corrupt you, if you're not crazy it doesn't.
Source: A whole bunch of not canon shit

Even in the new canon it's like that, with shit like the force personification family.

>"Ah, sith spit."

The core of Star Wars swapped from Christianity to Judaism between ep VI and VII.
>Christian / Legends canon have the dark side as a lucrative drug / sin
>Judaic / new canon have the light side as a lucrative drug to the evil people

>force personification family
What?

Death and destruction is a part of life. You know, chaos and all that. Change. A fire wipes out a forest but leaves fertile soil, enriched by ashes, behind.

Not that Lucas thought that far ahead. Light = good. Dark = bad. It was a lazy way to make quick magic villains.

NIGGERS
DARK SIDE IS LITERALLY A CORRUPTED SIDE OF THE FORCE
IT'S NOT THE COUNTERPART OF LIGHT SIDE TO BALANCE THE FORCE

LUCAS ALREADY SAID SO
AND "BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE" PROPHECY MEANS REMOVING THE DARK SIDE CORRUPTION, NOT KILLING JEDI (PLURAL OF JEDI IS STILL JEDI) UNTIL SITH AND JEDI NUMBER 1:1

>Bring balance to the force
>By making it only light

Lucas is an idiot.

How do you think she feels about sand?

Like the guy said, the dark side isn't supposed to be part of the fucking force in the first place.

No, it simply means that the nature of evil is imbalance, chaotic and destructive.

Paletuna is in Star Wars yo

These guys.

The son clearly looks evil as fuck but he's still a natural part of the force, and the father is neutral and grey.

So, do they ever close the loop on Ms. "We want the girl audience" by having Darth Vader murder the shit out of her?

So a bunch of really powerful force users is meant to show what, exactly?

There's supposed to be a mother as well, though. She hopefully represents the 'living force' (despite being dead).

They're not force users, they're literally living personifications of the force itself.

Yes. In the last season of rebels she gets her shit fucked up.