Pokémon movie confirmed

>Legendary Entertainment has confirmed it caught a potentially-monster film franchise — the Pokemon series.

>The Dalian Wanda-owned studio announced the live action “Detective Pikachu,” which will star the property’s popular little yellow character. Universal will handle worldwide distribution in all territories except Japan.
Plot details are being kept under wraps, but the film will be based on the Detective Pikachu character from Nintendo’s Pokemon spin-off game of the same name, released for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan. The film is scheduled to begin production in 2017.

>Short for “pocket monster,” Pokemon has reignited a global frenzy thanks to its ubiquitous augmented reality app “Pokemon Go,” which allows players to seek out and capture the game‘s popular characters out in the real world.
In the weeks since it’s release, the mobile game has seen huge success, sending Nintendo’s stock skyrocketing, and reportedly earning as much as $1.6 million per day.

>The deal for the film was brokered by Don McGowan, General Counsel at The Pokémon Company International, who led the negotiations with outside counsel Dan Black of Greenberg Traurig. Marty Willhite, Legendary’s Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel along with Daniel Feinberg, Vice President Corporate Counsel and Mike Ross, Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, represented the studio.

thewrap.com/pokemon-company-preps-live-action-detective-pikachu-movie-with-legendary-universal/

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2016/4/4/11364874/detective-pikachu-danny-devito-what-the-fuck-is-pokemon
youtube.com/watch?v=ls9JrR1-c8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>there are people excited for a hollywood made movie based on a japanese video game.

when will they ever learn?
they already ruined power rangers.

cant wait to see that semi-realistic looking pikachu with bad hair shaders.

But there are already pokemon movies.

They make a Pokemon movie every year, why is this exciting for anyone?

you mean like this?

This.

There's got to be at least a dozen of them by now, if not more.

I remember actually going to see Pokemon the Movie in theaters, and I even got a cool holographic zubat or something.

Will they finally make Pokemon for adults?

I hope so

Isn't there some creepy pasta that tells how monsters take over the world and in the last paragraph it says governments send out kids to tame them?

there already is desu

I still have this somewhere.

It's probably going to look just like OP's pic but higher res.

>Halo movie confirmed
>Bioshock movie confirmed
>Half life movie confirmed
>Warcraft mov-
Well, at this point who knows.

Because it's an American-made live action movie by Legendary and Universal. Learn to read.

Oh hey, I fapped to this earlier today. It was alright, I guess.

Please don't be live action

I'll take shitty CGI over that.

>he thinks Hollywood is going to keep the original pokemon designs.

actually you know, I wouldn't be surprised if the pokemon turn out to just be computer holograms projected out from peoples phones.
sort of like a iron man JARVIS thing.

Legendary only makes live-action.

STARRING ADAM SANDLER

Rated PG-13

>A pokemon movie not made by Japan
>Pikachu will probably look like something from pixar
>Main character will be probably be some white kid to "appeal to the American audience"

If dubs, will be voiced by Danny Devito

THIS.

Hollywood has literally billions of dollars waiting to fall into their palms

ALL. THEY HAVE TO DO. IS MAKE THIS CASTING CALL.

Anything else will be a heap of shit

devito doesn't give a SHIT about pokemon polygon.com/2016/4/4/11364874/detective-pikachu-danny-devito-what-the-fuck-is-pokemon

>american made
>Legendary
ah!

There are already 20 pokemon movies

Unfortunately, the movie will not be based on the main games/anime, but on the game of the same name "The Great Detective Pikachu".

What happened to detective Pikachu? They couldn't get Danny?

>Not making a Pokémon pinball movie

>Adam Sandler had it all
Adam Sandler: POOPYPOOPY I AM ADAM SANDLER
>until ONE DAY
Adam Sandler: AHHHH
>Adam Sandler turned into a PIKACHU
Adam Sandler: I POOPED MY PANTS
>Now Adam Sandler will have to risk it all
Adam Sandler: I'm sorry daughter that I missed your dance recital because I POOPED BY PANTS
>to show his family
Adam Sandler: POOPY PIKACHU
>what love is all about
Adam Sandler's daughter and unreasonably hot wife: I love you Pikachu
Adam Sandler: I love you chu I POOPED MY PANTS

Rated PG-13

It seems like this concept won't have most of the things that make the series appealing to people. What's the point of spending so much money on the IP if you're going to use it for some kind of ironic meme comedy?

I think click was an acceptable movie

Directed, produced and milked by acclaimed movie maker/actor Adam Sandler

so does that mean we're going to get Danny Devito Pikachu after all? Sign me the fuck up.

There's already 20+traditional Pokemon movies, what would making a live action version of any of those achieve?

Holy crap maintaining eye contact with him is extremely uncomfortable

Still have my 4.

>not Rob Schneider
so close

He's intimidating.

POOPOOPEEPEE

I'm pretty sure he will if they try to cast him, along with a check.

Money? Pretty sure more people would rather see trainers/battles than a half assed detective comedy with Pokémon.

Rob Schneider is part of Sandler's ensemble. He comes with the package deal.

He'll be the wacky foreigner, a character well-renowned to Pokemon fans. Rob will say things like EH I AM FOREIGN MAN LOST IN NEW YORK CITY, THE CITY WHERE THIS POKEMON MOVIE IS SET

I still hope he'd do it. It would be incredible

I have half your trailer, half your movie right here

youtube.com/watch?v=ls9JrR1-c8Y

Why is Nintendo fucking retarded?

Between this and needing an American comapny + Google to create the closest thing to a Pokemon MMO it really goes to show just how much they fucking hate money.

Picked up by Legendary and Universal, not Sony. No other major studio is dumb enough to cast Adam Sandler in a big film anymore.

Sony has the Super Mario Bros. film rights though.

This is literally the best idea for a Pokemon movie
>Pikachu is front and center
>sells toys and pervy personality makes adults laugh
>easy story that can nicely fit a single movie
>the other Pokemon involved can be the most popular ones/the ones they want to sell without being tied to a specific region or generation
>being mostly about humans with few battles requires less cringy CG
>buddy cop action comedy sells to pretty much every target, regardless of age and gender

Legendary knows their shit, adapting a main game would have meant angry fans because of the amount of stuff they need to cut (most of the gym battles, for example, think of origin) plus angry normies because. well, most Pokemon games simply do not have such a great plot to begin with. They would make rushed, boring movie, and probably the budget would skyrocket with all the battles and stuff. Detective Pikachu, meanwhile, is easy to make and infinitably more marketable. This is easily the best possible outcome linked with the concept of Pokemon live action movie.

Will this movie be in New York City for no fucking reason?

Except we already have the anime for that, and can do it far better. Live-action Pokémon in general sounds awful because the series is inherently cartoonish. At least this is slightly salvageable.

99% of potential audience for a Pokemon movie have no interest in watching anime.

Well, here's our Mario Brothers

Closed.

First off, that's bullshit since the animals was what made the series popular to begin with. Second, even if it is true, what makes you think a more traditional movie would fare any better if it was live-action?

Did detective pikachu even come out in america?

Unova exists so maybe.

this pic saddens me because with straight long hair, no glasses and decent clothing she would be a qt, but if she's happy that's fine i guess

Not that I've heard.

Maybe they were waiting for a movie tie in in order to have it sell better?

Apparently it won't come out until after 2017 according to articles.

IIRC the game ends with "to be continued" as if to say there will be more episodes.

Perhaps they're developing a full game based on the positive reception of the small digital game.

It'd be kinda like how Captain Toad's Treasure Hunt came to be after positive reception of said stages in SM3D World.

>some shithole in China
>making a movie for a Japanese company
sage for clickbait

>Legend Pictures
>Burbank, California

Do you think the artists and staff are not American or something.

Okay. I need help.
I just got a N3DS and it has the 11.0 patch, so I don't know if I can use homebrew.
Is there hope?

there is hope but it's extremely unstable to do it and i think you need another new 3ds thats hacked anyway. you're fucked.

*anime