Street Fighter V

Who are you learning to git gud with?

Which DLC character are you buying, if any?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo3Zl2nq6CkBuKdnux8JqNT3CyaJQPBQS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the cast is extremely boring due to homogenization
sfv is the worst sf to date
even focus attack: the game was better

Alex is my main with Balrog as sub. Weak defense for both but enjoy the mixups

Been playing with Necalli and Alex, but I'm really just waiting for Urien to come out.

I'm waiting for Juri.

New to fighting games Really want to git gud. Maining ibuki right now

Mained Nash, waiting for Urien

Playing Bison right now. I still haven't found a character I really like, though.

>buying

Do what you want, but I highly suggest starting with Ryu or Ken if you are new to fighting games. Ibuki is more of a higher level character with her command normals.

I got a pretty good Bison, an ok Guile and Balrog, and I'm working on one beautiful Vega
Too bad I hate Fang or I could do all the Kings

li joe is that you?

Once Juri comes out i will finaly get a secondary

I love Necalli and all but lord knows his normals are shit.
Pro tip kids, people saying there is no neutral game in this game is fucking lying out their ass and probably plays Chun

Ryu. Wrecking scrubs who refuse to learn easy characters is incredibly fun.

I have decades of knowledge built up and they have a few weeks.

>New to fighting games
>Maining ibuki
You really hate yourself don't you spot

Karin. I love her fighting style. I love rekkas. And her footsies are beautiful

Might as well learn a character you like anyway. Most people arent going to master the game from top to bottom

juri will be my main unless she stays the same she is now, might give urien but never been a charge player ...

if all alse fails back to karin till sagat comes out

Yea sure but even people that where Ibuki mains in IV can't even play her right now.
She only has 900HP so she might as well be made of paper in this game.

Unless you're Sako i really wouldn't recommend playing her when he can't even look up some teck for her, cause there really isn't much at this point

don't listen to people

play what you want, enjoy yourself

>Wrecking scrubs who refuse to learn easy characters is incredibly fun.
Who are these "easy" characters you so speak off sensei?

Mained Cammy before, switched to Ibuki now.

agreed, but to answer OPs question I'm sticking with Vega. I've tried almost everyone but I've pretty much dropped everyone else because of the homogenized playstyles like you said. I do like how Claw plays in this at least. hopefully they either fix this game's problems or just admit they fucked up like they did with SFxT so we can go back to IV

>homogenized playstyles

Nice confirmation bias.

>mfw failed normal survival 4 times in a row at rd. 28 or higher today as chunley

i just want more swimsuit colors. shes never clicked for me like she did in 3rd strike, im lost without her little hop punch

it's just an excuse for people who can only play a single playstyle so they don't have to feel bad about being flowchart players

birdy, cause birdies the best

might buy urien but i always focus too much on my charging when playing charge characters

maybe juri but id probably might as well just play chun or juri

id like to into Karin but I got no idea how her combos work and as a birdy player im not used to having/got no clue how to string together long combos,

This.

Every feels the fucking same doesnt help they removed shitlike neutral jump attacks and ultra meters.

Why am i struggling with trials so much. I can usually land the first 2 but i can never get the 3rd.

tiers dont fucking matter at his level of play

except for DP spam tier

>wanting ultra back
>implying theres not neutral jump attacks

supers are dumb enough

It's not an excuse. I can play much more characters in this at a semi-competent level than I could in any other street fighter game before. Half of the characters in this game feel like Makoto and Cody from SFIV.

Beginner Ryu here, where do I go to git gud? I got pretty good at Smash 4 by reading on the Smash Boards , what would the equivalent be for SFV?

Uninstalling.

Shames me to say that Smash 4 at this point has a deeper skill curve then Street faggots 5 we know we fucked up edition.

play a different character for the sake of variety. theres enough ryu as is and no one is excited being matched up against the 5th ryu match in a row

I don't think Necalli's normals are shit.

Cr.MP is excellent as a counter poke with a buffer for LP Disc's Guidance, even better when you have V-trigger active. St.HK and st.HP are both excellent crushes at midrange and if they're blocked then you can do the buffered cr.MP to catch any button they do after. St.MK is great for frametrapping to go with a strong tick and command throw game and there's the 3f jab that is also an anti-air,

I've been trying chun-li but charge characters are weird. Mainly I just want to learn more about the basic game mechanics, I don't really understand the equivalent of the smash priority system and I don't ever know when to go for wake-up buttons or grab or what.

I've been playing Karin and just bought Ibuki with FM

here comes the IV drones
I fucking hate how everybody is pretending IV was gods gift to man when in reality it took capcom 6 fucking years for it to be a decent fighting game

Or maybe you actually are so deluded you want to go back to the Sagat, Seth and Yun bullshit

Bought Alex and I have the most fun with him. Gonna get Juri too, because she seems interesting.

SRK has a beginner section, but you will hear the same things: don't jump, learn hitconfirms, anti-air and get used to punishing.
There are so many little things to learn in fighting games and you only really learn them by playing(and losing) a whole bunch.

And ignore the shitters.

TIGERTIGERTIGERTIGERTIGERTIGER

How much FM do you get for finishing the stories? Are the stories long?

It was a great series as soon as Super came out a year later. Actually, Super was my favorite iteration out of all of them.

I'm waiting for the reiteration or bundle pack.

what most players will do is try to bait out that grab via jumping at last minute. If your ryu wake up DP is more viable an option than it should because you have to completely respect it. jabs can get you out of a lot too. If all else fails, block but look out for the throw, but again theyll probably jump.

tldr you gotta get inside ur opponents mind and figure out what they like to do when they knock you down

The stories are really short and you get a pretty decent amount of fight money for each one, and about 20000 for the cinematic story.

I only played the main story and not even half of the character stories and had enough for Ibuki

And that's after I bought a few colors for Karin
I saw someone say that you get enough FM for 2 characters from all the stories

>fighting games thread
>Sup Forums

I want to git gud with vega/guile

can only play rashid

my previous mains were adon/akuma so Im kinda up shit creek without a paddle with V

>just want to get all of Mika's colors
>the last few fights in Survival Mode (usually 29) fuck me

I wouldn't even mind if it didn't take ten minutes to get there, ONLY TO FUCKING LOSE. Not going to even bother the 50 and 100 Round Survivals. Here's to hoping they don't want too much fight money.

Download V-frames and watch some youtube videos. V frames will give you some starter combos and guides. The most important thing for this game is knowing how to read frame data so you know what your frame traps are. The magic frame trap number in this game is 3 (fastest moves are 3 frame start up), so look for moves that have 3 frame gaps in between them. An easy one for Ryu is st.LP (+2 on block) to st.MP (5 frame startup 5-2=3 frame gap).

That's probably a little more advanced than you need right now, but you'll get there in no time due to the simplicity of the game.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo3Zl2nq6CkBuKdnux8JqNT3CyaJQPBQS

Whichever character you're playing, go here and watch the video

Cr.MP is easly his best button yes.
But even then it can't compare to most of the other normals in the game
Alex can literally just use his qcf.L on you all day if he space it right and thier will be nothing you can do about it because Necalli reach is shit.

>St.HK and st.HP are both excellent crushes
im gonna have to dissagree with watchin HP lauch people into the air.
HK also pisses me off to a extrem regard because the startup on that thing is fucking brutal.
His Overhead on the other hand has not ever let me down as a meaty.
> St.MK
again you press that button twice is you satn all the way up in their face before the pushback and reach fucks you over.

Do me a favour and play Karin or Cammy or even Alex and use their normals in a match and tell me how much more you could punish people for just doing stupid shit

I'm waiting for the best DLC character

it starts reading your inputs at round 26 if im not mistaken. bison always kicks my ass in 3 seconds flat

on another note, why the fuck cant i get a match that doesnt lag tonight?

Where is 'Buki

>necalli's normals are shit

What the fuck he has the best buttons in the game, they have good range, insane priority, and all combo into 20-30% damage

>all these typos
I need into bed soon

In the trash where she belongs

Her best colors are 1P and 2P at least.

I don't even remember exactly how colors were unlocked in SFIV, but it was sure as hell not as bullshit.

I barely could finish Medium survival I can't imagine anyone doing Hard or Extreme
Not even pros

>Played against a Ryu last night who just jumped back and fireball
>shoryuken'd if I got close
>still lost to that

I have never felt more like total shit. I am garbage. I kept blocking and then powerbombing him as Alex, but then he started randomly throwing and I can't tech throws. Like, I see them coming occasionally but I just can't get my hands to move in time.

>insane priority
yes
>and all combo into 20-30% damage
sure thing but so do most of the cast
>they have good range
fuck now
How do you people sleep at night?
have you ever played Chun or Nash, Guile, Karin or almost every other character in this game that isn't Ken or Ryu?

sfiv was unlocked by just playing matches as characters. i had most colors for most costumes just from playing 2 player with friends

maining ken cause i used to play 3s and i like his rushdown
learning Alex so I can get better at footsies, also for the HYPABOMB

I would be okay if I knew SFV would get good in 6 years.

Thing is it wont since CORE MECHANICS wont come back like Neutral jumps and ultras.

v skill/trigger is a better system than ultra

>Neutral jumps

>Wanting ultras

t. literally no one ever
not like you dont have your revenge move

>Gimmick that barely makes use for some characters

Wasn't there a mode to unlock win quotes and colors quickly? Speaking strictly Vanilla here.

I was able to get all the character and stage dlc and 500k fm before the survival mode mod was patched. I main Bison and might pick up Urien.

>CORE MECHANICS wont come back like Neutral jumps and ultras.
Yea okay i can see people miss some of their neutrals but really don't fucking lie, they where situational most of the time
>ultras
Again people always just fucking picked the best one
I bet you didn't see a single person using Kens fire tatsumaki ultra at the end of the game

Playing SFIV instead.
More characters and content, plus Akuma

Neutral jumps are even more important in SFV, what are you smoking?

What bindings do you guys use for pad
I put Throw on L2 and V-Skill on L1 and I'm playing Karin
It doesn't seem practical to press circle+triangle quickly and the same goes for throws.

Not him but I'm doing the same thing

funny thing, i have a copy of vanilla right now and still dont know. i played super for a long time, but never ultra and very litte vanilla

>youtube fuudo vs infiltration
>the video on capcom fighter's channel only has 9k views
>same video on some channel called ps3GAMINGhd has 150k views

Explain, Capcomfags

Everybody lose to the flowchart once in a while, cheer up user

I lost to a ken that just did shoryuken on wake up and every time he hit me with a button.
and because i was so busy thinking how stupid he was i lost the game after what seemed like only 3 shoryus

Karin. She's the only reason I bought the game and her premium costume, but still, Capcom fucked up pretty bad. GG is more fun to play tbqrh.

Pet peeve but I hate people who map shit like throws and v-skills and 3p/3ks to one button.

Play the game the way it was intended. Press those two buttons.

I've watched so much and played so little over the years that I can see good play, but I can't get the info to my hands to do anything so I end up losing to retards while screaming like Mike Ross. What are you doing?!

guys what's the difference between ken and ryu?

in SFV theres huge differences that you can see right away.

slightly different flow charts

Well I mean Chun and Nash have neutral only buttons. Why are they so important though? How does that make a game better?

Learning ibuki. Getting used to the kunai and bomb shit.

The game wasn't intended for pad though.

One actually has a good character modeAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But seriously, just playing both shows it pretty easily.

Throw is X and square tho?

I main Laura. It's an uphil battle.

I went 1 and 2 at evo with her but a lot of that was do to tournament nerves and falling into the same dumb pattern.

Looking forward to the balance patch whenever maybe Laura will be a bit better(She needs a reversal or invincible vskill backwards or something.)

I'm thinking about picking up Juri when she comes out.

I was an Akuma main in SFIV with Makoto secondary.

I really hope one of those is in DLC season 2.

>gakuen no ikenie nagusami mono to kashita kyonyuu furyou shoujo

WHY

Anyone else disappointed that juri's zoning got gutted and overall her whole moveset is nothing like 4?

I don't mind her full body suit, I just wish they didn't half as the censor and make it a zip up latex. Why the fuck would she be wearing latex on latex?

>Ryu
>better fireballs
>good defensive options while also having some good offence ones
>damage out the ass

>Ken
>better tatsus
>rushdown character while also having some good defence options
>damage out the ass

I am just happy she is back, yeah I am bummed that she is different, but her overall new move set is really fun to play with.

One button is still easier and I wasn't using L2 for anything

>Why the fuck would she be wearing latex on latex?

Because our girl is all about taking it to the next level.

Ken can do cross up tatsu. Ryu can not.

I expected it. Juri was hard because of how much shit she could do, it was pretty overwhelming for most players. It was also pretty clear after the game came out they wanted everyone to be a frame trapping, rushdown character. I'm honestly surprised how good Urien felt, so he probably won't be anything like story mode.