Guys, why aren't you making that indie game you said you would make? What are you waiting for?

Guys, why aren't you making that indie game you said you would make? What are you waiting for?
>Hurr I can't program.
Well you won't learn with that thumb up your ass, now will you? When are you going to start learning? Or just pay someone?
>Hurr I have no money.
Kickstart it, retard. You can draw at least, right?
>Hurr I can't draw
For fuck sake, don't tell me you're just an idea guy! Go learn a skill!

And also tell us, what's your game idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

mirekw.com/ca/ca_rules.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Currently trying to purchase a PS3 Development Unit off somebody to work alongside somebody else to port a game they're currently making to said PS3, mostly for homebrew shits and giggles. Once I can do that, I can say that I've made a game and proceed to tell you why a developer in question should fuck himself with a rake over his game designs.

A game where you ask people if they're hungry because they look a little bit hungry.

No.

Doo doo doo doo... lots of people get hungry.

Seriously though. Any game ideas? Game dev ambitions? What moves are you making, or not making?

This shit would get greenlit anyway

Thats your body hungry comes from your body

Indie games make your teeth go gray

Let's get on the journey! The journey through time!

Get off me.

I remember when this had like 10.000 views and was posted on some 9gag clone.

Now I check back and there are fucking sequels...

DHMIS was always on YouTube user

Good, friendly AAA games can stay and have a party! Bad, nasty indie games cannot stay, and must leave through the cat flap!

What did you mean by this?

All I can do is reasonably a catchy vidya ost, but I don't even have all the tools to even do that.

What doesn't make my teeth go grey?

didnt you pay attention to the simple food shape?

normal, plain looking food like bread, cream and aspic

Normal, plain looking games.

>I can do something.
>Haha, actually I can't.
Dood. Get the tools you need. Pirate them if you have to, just so you can get the experience. Worry about buying them later. Hunt for a programmer to partner with. Make a demo with bad ass music, and sell it on Kickstarter. People are SUCKERS for a good OST. You can make it work.

I can't as my PC broke, the only one I have now is too shit to run my DAW properly, so it frequently crashes.

A cross between Patapon and Pokemon with a combat system similar to Paper Mario but unique for both genres.

Ah, well in that case, I wish you well getting a new PC and all that.
In the mean time, you should improvise. Learn new/different tools. You can make music on anything.

I'm not really good at spriting. But I do know a guy that could help me in that, so basically it's a lack of concept.

HURR I am not creative tbqh

I keep toying with unity but never get anywhere.

it's a cyberpunk game that feels like blade runner but it's not 2d pixel art shit

A horror themed RTS where you play with other players as different horror movie icons [slasher villains/dolls/zombies etc] trying to kill each other.

Worst part is I need a new keyboard as well as middle C key is dead. I've taken this time practicing guitar since I'd been putting it off, but I really hate being almost completely unable to make new music currently. Hopefully at some point soon I can find a cheap new mid-spec PC, be it prebuilt or not. Sorry for blogposting.

Just eat my games and it'll go away!

I have no idea what you just described.

Wait, you can't program, you can't draw, you can't even come up with IDEA?! Jut how do you think you're going to make ANYTHING?!

Ahh... so a Halloween RTS.

i can draw and i can write

right now since I barely have time with work plus study i'm just writing every single detail of the game as a guide with roughs of what i want to do

they say the first thing to do is having a playable demo with no sprite or model work, just how the gameplay would be, so for that i have to know how to code the stuff i need, so once i finish the guide i'll continue with learning c# so i can have that

I am making an indie game.....it's just I'm not great at art or programming and people who help me program kepp flaking out

inb4 500 replies of NO STOP etc

I know the basics of programming and have taken a class in gaming back in high school. I have some skills in drawing (not amazing, but not too terrible).

I know how to use Game Maker, so I guess that could help.

So you can into game maker, and you know a guy who can pixel. But neither of you can into design? That's quite the predicament. Sounds like you need to start fishing for artists.

But eating too many of them will make your teeth go gray!

Is the guy making the paper mario bug game here?

Because I realised I was more interested in the story than the game, and I'm now writing a book.

Pretty sure Miyamoto can neither draw nor program.

I'm too dumb to make a video game.

Doesn't matter, just throw it away! Why not try something else on your tray!

Pretty sure he is an artist given that he designed most Mario characters, as well as did the animations in the upcoming BotW.

That's dumb. Don't be dumb. Just make a story based game, with minimal interaction, and rake in the gone home bucks. Gamers have very low literary expectations. While book readers not only expect better, but your potential audience is very small.

>>Hurr I can't program

I've tried. I've tried so fucking hard. I've tried learning to program so many times since the beginning of high school and I can't fucking do it. I'm just not "left brained" enough.
I look up the basic tutorials and I'm lost within 30 seconds. I try to remember and understand what each variable and property and whatever the fuck means and I just can't do it. I couldn't code a game about doing nothing.

It's so frustrating and defeating every single time I try because I have so much I want to do but I can barely fucking make a character jump, and even that ends up bugged somehow. I can copy paste code from tutorials but that obviously only get me so far.

Then the tutorials only get worse, they start expecting me to learn state machines and no matter what I do it just doesn't fucking work. It makes me want to die. My dad has a master's in computer science and he struggled to teach me how to do basic math in high school.
I want to make video games, something fun but nothing complicated or amazing, but I can't even manage the most basic concepts. It has never stuck and will never stick.

I'm making a shitty RPGmaker game, if that counts.

BAD DRREEAAM. BAD DRRREAAAM.

Pay someone, genius.

I don't have the money for that, and no way in hell are my friends who actually have things to do with their lives going to waste their time coding for me.

That's why you partner with a programmer, and kickstart a game. i literally spelled this out to you in the OP. How can you be this dense?

user.. Just stop. Its pointless. You think any one who truly made a game worth it salt had someone entitled just asking for free help from strangers?

I made four games, finished and everything, but none of them are really worthy of being released. Three of them were made with PS1's RPG Maker and the last was made with Visual Basic. I can go into detail if anyone wants.

Problem is that the story doesn't translate well into gameplay to begin with.

It's about an anthro tiger and an anthro wolf in a world where canines (commies) and felines (fascists) are locked in eternal war and have been for over a decade. Resources are running out on both sides and the continent is basically depopulated, only a moment away from complete collapse, and the tiger and the wolf are stationed in the ass end of this backwards backwater where they are stranded after a disastrous assault leaves one army routing and the other retreating from the winter having suffered a Pyrrhic victory. The tiger is mortally wounded but the wolf saves his life and they form a "romance" that is more about broken people isolated from social contact by the war and the deeply prejudiced societies in which they live (the commies espouse equality, but domestic dogs make up 99.9% of the population adn they despise other kinds of canine, and the cats revere big cats as living gods almost in a rigid caste system, and the tiger is beset by self doubt as he thinks he fails to live up to these ideals) desperately seeking physical intimacy than it is about love. In fact I'm pretty sure it's going to start as rape as the wolf finally gets a tiny bit of power and control in his life and starts to abuse it, but that might be too edgy. As their acquaintance develops the wolf stops raping the tiger and they fall in lust and then, when they're finally able to leave, they resolve to leave the war behind and flee across the sea to not-America, where they can live in peace as refugees, with all the challenges that entails.

It's all very drab and metaphorical and post-modern, but if you can tell me how to make that into a game I'm all ears. I'm aware that the liberal hipster faggots and the furries will eat it up, but I make things because I must make things, not because I want an audience.

Yes, people build partnerships all the time. You have a skill to bring to the table, and they have a skill to bring to the table. You partner, you develop, you make money. Isn't that how Shovel Knight happened?

You don't just go asking for free favors. You find someone with a similar motive/vision, and help each other get what you want: Those sweet kickstarter bucks.

Please do
Especially the visual basic one

I guess, user...

This is quite literally the most furry bait/ gayest fucking thing Iv read today at 12:25 pm central time on Sup Forums. I do not, and will not wish to encourage you any further developed of this abortion of video game that you sadly put time to conjure up

>using a floor tile as a roof

Where do you think you are?

Game Maker had potential, but that's a lot of work still for a huge risk of being forgotten about in 10 seconds. I have 3 hobbies already, one of which I'm working on making a YouTube channel out of. My life just has a different direction than that.

tl;dr.
Yadda, yadda something about furry rape fetish. Who do you plan to sell this to exactly? Do you really expect furries will support a book like this? I'm pretty sure you can make this into a game. And I'm pretty sure that game furries will go for a game 10 to 1 rather than a book.

>I make things because I must make things, not because I want an audience.
That's stupid. You clearly want the story to be read by someone. You are seeking an audience. Why bother pretending otherwise? Go make a game, or else stop blabbing about your dumb book idea.

I know how to program well enough and have a load of ideas for vidya, but every time I work on something, I lose motivation a few weeks into it and suddenly stop working.

I've got a fucking graveyard of unfinished games.

Wow.

>You clearly want the story to be read by someone
That must be why I have over 200,000 words of fapfics on my Google Drive account that I have never posted anywhere, then.

Keep your projections to a minimum, us basement dwellers are sensitive to harsh light.

>Who do you plan to sell this to exactly?
Nobody. If I made a game I'd sell it, but I write for free.

You probably don't want to hear about my Zootopia fan fiction then, I guess.

Alright, man. Do what you wish. But now that you've made it clear you have zero desire to produce a game, your posts are officially shitposts. You can let yourself out of the thread.

I am stop projecting
I'll be sure to give Sup Forums a preview before it hits the market

I set the tileset up so it treats that floor tile as an impassible object. I should probably toss the chimney, don't think any temples have those lying around

You better, mother fucker.

Not if it's got dumb rape shit in it. Rape is one of the shittiest fetishes to have. Absolute nigger tier. Like a half step up from scat and maybe two up from vote/gore. But still fucking awful. Get some taste.

Feature bloat. I can't just make gaem.

>Zootopia fan fiction

I do. They better be of Nick too

>have amazing idea for indie game
>draw a couple characters and tilesets for rpg maker mv
>have all the plugins i need
>become afraid of it being the new cancerous meme-game because i planned to kickstart it
>stopped working on it

I would be making a cellular automata based shmup where you travel between dimensions with various rules if I wasn't so lazy. The hard thing is to think of rules that would generate interesting things without turning in a giang mess.
I guess I would have to cheat up a bit with some of the states that the cells can have.

Is it lewd? RPGMaker games only count if they're lewd

I'm constantly amazed how many people will spit on NTR, but then say rape is perfectly fine.

>And also tell us, what's your game idea?
Xcom made big

now instead of tiny squad you build an army of robots while fighting multiple scenarios in the same day
use a literal worm to warp around the world but focus on liberating america first
you have a year maximum
get all chinese industry to build your robot army
you have an alien super suit to help your robot army (basically the game is like Sacrifice instead of per turns like Xcom)
robot army designed by Aaron Beck of World War Robot/Elysium fame

Yeah, it's bizarre, they're right on the same level of pathetic.

I learnt how to program a while ago but it was python

What other programming language should I learn to fuck about making trash vidya in?

Hey, I'm just answering questions. There are three question marks in your post alone.

Why do you ask questions if you don't want answers to them? If you want people to stop talking to you, don't talk to them.

I don't have a rape fetish and none of my stories involve rape. I'm not even sure if I want rape in the one I'm writing at the moment. The cat dog war one is a longer and more serious attempt, it's not supposed to be just fapshit. I'm not writing it to get off, unlike most of my other stories.

Sorry user, it's about the tiger, lion, and wolf police Officer.

And Judy.

>I can't draw

That's my fucking problem right there though.

I can program though. At least, I can program well enough to make a dungeon crawler, which is what I'm "working" on.

>none of my stories involve rape
other* stories

Sure, rape is pathetic, but see it this way:
The rape fetishists still dream about being on top. They may be pathetic, but they keep on dreamin'
NTR fetishists get off on their own patheticness. One might argue that accepting fate is a non-pathetic thing to do (though one might argue the opposite as well), but getting off on it is on an entirely new level.

Rape fetishists are just dreamers mang
They still wanna believe

I just like playing games. as a creator you should probably respect people that give a shit about things you make unless it's entirely for yourself or the act itself in which case it shouldn't be published

I am.

Rape fetishists get off on power.

NTR fetishists get off on not having power.

You tell me which is degenerate.

This sounds interesting. Fortunately, people have been messing around with Life-like rules for decades now, and have found a lot of interesting ones that you might be able to use:

mirekw.com/ca/ca_rules.html

That's an appropriate image for your post
Deceptive
That's a rarity here in 4

>One might argue that accepting fate is a non-pathetic thing to do

>I can't draw
you dont need that diablo 1-2 was made with low res pixels with high poly meshes but not detailed or poorly painted

Dreams fuel pursuit, user.
Pursuit means labour and sweat
Labour and sweat mean improvement.

They may be pathetic, but may they strive to be more

I'd argue the opposite, actually.
I figured that was clear