Have you ever bought multiple copies of the same game, Sup Forums?

Have you ever bought multiple copies of the same game, Sup Forums?

I bought san andreas a few times.

One on xbox and ps2. Xbox had the better aiming mechanics.

I own 3 copies of Gates to Infinity.

I bought the PC version of RE4 so that I don't have to drag out my Gamecube to play it. I've spent ~$5 on digital versions of a few old games so that I don't have to deal with CDs / noCD cracks or acquire expansions that I missed.

San Andreas PS2/PC is the only one I can think of now.

>buying watch_dogs twice
I can't believe I did that myself

Terraria PC, gifted PC, 3DS, and mobile.

I bought GTAV on 360 at launch, then on PC when it came out

I bought a few HD rereleases of some PS2 games, but I haven't played them yet.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy PS360
Lollipop Chainsaw PS360
Splinter Cell Blacklist PS360
Alice Madness Returns PS360
Order Up - PS3ii
I think that's it.

MKX PC and Xbox One
They ended support for PC so I had to buy it on my one, found a collector's edition on clearance for $50 so that was cool.

>Europeons

I got MW3 for 360 then later on PC to play with different people.

Yeah. I bought Resident Evil 4 3 times.

Ended up buying Ground Zeroes four times, Phantom Pain three times, and Revengance eight times.

I bought GTA IV on PC, scratched my disk though after a few weeks
Didn't know how to pirate (or crack) so I bought it the second time

I had quite a few FPS games and elder scrolls on xbox 360, then later got them on a steam sale so I could have glorious pc master race gaming.

I bought a digital copy of Shovel Knight when it came out and loved it so much I bought a physical copy for the WiiU because of the amiibo functionality when that came out as well

Doom on DOS, Steam, PS1, SNES, GBA, Xbox (from the D3 CE), X360, PS3 and iPhone

physical and digital copies of dark souls 2 for ps3 and physical digital copies of dark souls 2 for PC.
also paid for scholars of the first sin

it's my favorite in the series

Since I only had an Xbone, I got Destiny for it. When I could no longer stand how much of a piece of shit the Xbone was, I got a PS4 and bought Destiny again.

I have 2 copies of NV and 2 copies of Skyrim, that's just physical. A lot of my games that I own on consoles I also own on steam.

faggot

I own 4 versions of Resident Evil

Yup, I have every release of Resident Evil 4.
Even the original shitty PC port that didn't have mouse support, I've beaten it too.

I bought Where's My Water? for Android, Windows Phone and iOS.

Modern Warfare 2 because the disc broke, and I bought Destiny on both the PS4 and Xbox One to play with my friend.

I've bought DoW Soulstorm 3 times

Currently rebuying almost all games I've ever bought and enjoyed on consoles for pc.

story time

>Bought a good game that the "cool kids"
Oh noes what a horrible mistake.

Morrowind.

I got the original Morrowind for Xbox, then I picked up the GotY, then got it on Steam a few years ago to replay it.

No...

GTA V on PS3 because my mum broke the first disk because I was 17 when it came out. My sister bought the game but my mother caught me playing it and destroyed it.

Re bought it on PC 3 years later.

also Dishonored re bought on PC from PS3.

Dark Souls. Got it on PS3 and PC when it came out.

I have it on Steam too.

Fun game. A wise investment indeed

I bought skyrim, fallout 3, NV and Overlord 1 and 2 twice

WHY

Just Super Meat Boy. On 360 and Steam.

Just send money to the dev if you like it so much.

I've owned WD 4 times.
360, PS4, PS4 Deadsec Edition, Steam.

I really don't get the hate for it.

I'll rebuy a game of the year edition every once in a while just to play the DLC that came out later.

Minecraft
Terraria

San Andreas. Day one on the PS2, and over the years I've had the Xbox Fat , 360, PS3, PC, Mobile & Steam versions.

I will never ever tire of it.

I got Deus Ex HR on 360, PC and Wii U and enjoyed each of them fully

Does the Wii-U version add anything worthwhile?

2 boxed copies of Oni on PC
2 copies 1 unopened of Space Channel 5
2 Bayos cuz of Wii U edition. (xbox 360 version runs better btw)

I was thinking of buying the Remastered Resident Evil 5 they just released, even though I have it for PS3 already. That game is 9/10 (as long as you actually have an IRL friend to play with) so I'm considering it.

Otherwise no. Unless you include anniversary collections of games (IE: Megaman, MGS, Mario, etc), which include some titles I already own and some I don't. I don't think that counts though.

In the Tales of threads, there is one such user.
He has bought multiple copies of a certain game (and related merch) many consider bad and or terrible.
They call him Legendianon.

>Have you ever bought multiple copies of the same game, Sup Forums?

I have 3 smurf accounts for dota. that counts right ?

the second screen is really nice for looking at the map and inventory management. They also added Dark Souls type player messages. It's a step up from the PC version (graphics excluded) but it's probably not worth a second purchase

>They also added Dark Souls type player messages
What an entirely vestigial feature.

meant for

Yeah, but mostly just PC versions of games I already own decades ago or on console.
For example, Valkyria Chronicles or Heroes of MM 5.

I bought GTA IV two times. First I bought a prerder it on a local internet auction site and when it turned out it wouldn't arrive on the release day, I went to the store and bought myself a copy.
Sold the preordered one not soon after, though.

I have three copies of GTA V. I got the first one on launch for the 360, the second one came in a bundle when I got a PS4, and the third one for PC. I also have two copies of MGSV. The Collector's Edition for PS4 and the PC version. I really only got it on PS4 because there was a 2 week delay for the PC version originally.

wow sand looks disgusting close up

fuck the ocean and fuck the beach

Ground Zeroes
>two for friends, one for me, one just because my little brother was going to sell his copy for like $2 to a pawn shop
>Phantom Pain
One on Xbone, one on PS4, and another Xbone copy for a friend. Bonus points: I flashed my 360 months in advance explicitly so I could play Phantom Pain early. Getting every retail game for free was a secondary benefit.
>Revengeance
One copy for myself, another once I lost my copy, four for friends (me talking about Revengeance all the time turned into an inside joke, so I got one for all of my friends as a half-joke graduation present), and two just to support Platinum (later ended up giving them away as prizes at a local tourney.)

I'm usually a cheapass, but if it's an IP I love, I will throw every fucking dime I have at it. RIP MGS ;-;7

Twilight Princess, I have all three versions. GCN is superior to Wii, but HD beats them both.

did your friends ever play revengeance?

You don't get your own game for free? hahaha

I ordered 2 copies of GTAV for 360 on release. I also ordered 2 copies of TP HD. I bought 2 copies of Overwatch one for me and one for my brother. I also bought castlevania lords of shadow 3 times after selling it multiple times. Yeah I am pretty fucking stupid. But I sold most of my doubles recently.

All of these were an accident except Overwatch.

wew
wrong ersbcuck

I buy duplicates all the time either because I forget that I already have a copy or because they are super cheap. I also own pic related and an unopened box of 12 new copies of Space Channel 5.

Neat

Pretty much every version of every Max Payne.

When games get ported to PC I do this. I own both the PS3 version and PC version of Valkyria Chronicles and Final Fantasy XIII. I own the PS1 and PC versions of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII.
Why would you buy it 3 times? Isn't it the worst PMD game? Also, would you be willing to sell a copy to me (if you have it with its original case)

I bought MGS HD Collection for Xbox, but it red ringed. So I turned 360 degrees and bought a PS3. I ended up buying it again

only ground zeroes. got a ps4 between that and mgsv, so i traded the ps3 version in and replayed it on ps4

I don't think I've bought the same game twice, I've definitely pirated games I've bought though.

Does buying both versions of Pokémon counts?

Yeah when my GTAIV disk for 360 got fucked up. Remember how it used to scratch disks if you tilt it?
So yeah.
Also i have two copies of skate 1 because i bought Skate 2 second hand and the guy sold me both disks for a very small price.

I forgot to mention, I bought Dragon's Dogma on Xbox too, I never got to finish it on the console either. I never really thought about it until it came out on steam, when I turned 1080p degrees and bought it.

Chrono Cross for sure

Half-life - Steam fucked me over, refused my cd key
COD MW2, Xbox + PC
Max Payne 2, bought original when it came out, then bought trilogy on Steam (3 is shit, BTW)

Dark Souls (the first one) and Deus Ex: HR
Both once for PS3 and once for PC

project diva f and f2nd japanese and english versions

My old roommate bought 3 fucking copies of Brink. First on PC, but it wouldn't run on his laptop, so he got it on PS3, then my phat yellow-lighted so he bought it on 360.
And that's how I found out Gamestop won't accept multiple copies of the same game, except if they're on different platforms.

None of them made it past the last RAY fight

I own resident evil 2 on the n64, ps1 and gamecube. I like collecting my favorite games on multiple consoles

Have GTA V on PC and PS3

Have EDF on PC and PS3

Have Binary domain on PS3 and PC

I own Doom on PC via original CD-rom version, PS1, Jaguar, GBA, PS3, and 360

GTA IV on PS3, 360, and PC
GTA V on PS3 and PS4
RDR on PS3 and 360
REmake and Zero on Gamecube and PS4 (if that counts)
Gears of War 1 on 360, Xbone (Ultimate), and PC (physical 2007 GFWL version)

I recently picked it up for $10 and I have to say it's an alright game, now. I do think it was a total mess on release and Ubisofts use of bullshots didn't help the game.

bought 2 copies of gta 5 and 4, gta 4 I had on ps3 but got the gta collection on steam as a gift from a begging thread, and got 5 twice because I wanted to play first person on pc

3 copies of drakengard

1st one was from some garage sale and the disc had scratches on it and would freeze up on one of the stages like 1/5 of the way into the game.

2nd and 3rd copies I found online. Can't really remember why I bought both at the same time I think I was drunk.

does pirating a game multiple times count?
if not, then Injustice 1 is the only game that comes to mind, I bought it twice.

I could take a pic with a ton of duplicates but that would be too much effort.

>happy birthday user we got you that game you wanted
>you already had it
Never bought the same game twice but I had six fucking copies of Sonic Heroes for ps2 because of my forgetful parents

GTA 5
4 times
and megladon cards. Lots of them.

As a kid I bought a PS1 copy of Populous The Beginning because I loved it so much on PC.

Needless to say, it sucked. Low resolution and shitty controls made it way inferior to PC. Times haven't really changed.

>does pirating a game multiple times count?
the op post literally says bought

what if I bought a pirated game

Yup, bought 5 copies of mount n blade warband for friends so i can get them into the game im into. It kinda worked, but not as much as i would of liked,

I own 5 copies of Resident Evil 5
I own 5 copies of Pokemon Silver and 3 copies of Crystal
Also have about 20 different Tetris ports

3 copys of red dead redemption on ps3
5 copys of start the party(ps3, to use thier cases)
2 copys of singularity(ps3) one to use its case
2 beat hazard 1 ps3, one PC
3 Terraria, 1 ps3, 1 vita, 1 PC
2 ultimate edition Defiance (ps3 ,1 day 1 for 150$, second for 8$ clearance-new)
3 borderlands 1/2/pre, original releases, gotys, triple pack(ps3)
2 fallout3/NV 1 original, 1 goty
2 dragons dogma, 1 day one, one dark arisen
2 bianry domain - 1 ps3(cheap), 1 pc(free)
2 skyrim - 1 ps3 original, 1 PC complete edition
2 poker night 2 - 1 ps3, 1 PC
2 team fortress 2 - 1 ps3, 1 PC
2 Summoner - 1 ps2, 1 PC
2 animal crossing NL - 1 pre installed, 1 cart

Yes currently have 3 resident evil 1/2/3 and 4, aswell as a few copies of all the disc based final fantasy games.

Xenoblade Chronicles Wii twice
Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles PSP twice
Ocarina of Time four times
Chrono Trigger twice
Space Harrier twice
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen twice
Demon and Dark Souls twice
Metal Gear Solid twice if legacy collection counts
Zelda 1,2 and Majora's Mask twice if Collectors Edition counts
Monster Hunter 3U twice
SMT IV twice

I think that's it.

Got Bad Company 2 for 360, then later for PC when I got a gayman rig that could run it.