Anyone else cautiously hyped?

Anyone else cautiously hyped?

It looks okay... releases in 2 days I think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P9fa3HFR02E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It looked like pretentious garbage with mediocre gameplay disguised by said mediocre garbage.

It's probably gonna be your standard generic pretentious trash.
I'm just gonna stay the hell away from it.

>pretentious

Not an argument.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The rat scene was pretty good.

It is when its pretentiousness is there to cover-up the lackluster gameplay.

ITT Casuals who suck at games with perma death

So you think another corridor shooter with a "deep" plot is a good thing?

>corridor shooter

What genre IS this game anyway? It looks breddy cool, I'm a sucker for Orwell references, but I'm a bit fuzzy. Like don't starve but fps kind of?

>Procedural level design
No thanks.

What's the difference between Early Access and the full game?

>playing tumblrcore games

It's Sir You Are Being Hunted 2.0

How is it not an argument?
Use your words you hamster fucker.

It's a corridor shooter

The idea is interesting, but having to gather for supplies and shit is executed poorly. I would have liked it more if it was in the vein of Alien Isolation

It's a FPS corridor shooter with procedurally generated survival and crafting features inspired by Minecraft and Neopets.

I saw the trailer and it was good, then I saw the gameplay demo and it was a guy wandering around town for 10 minutes, listening to repeated conversations from the same 3 NPC's copy pasted everywhere. Then he got into a fight with three random thugs it looked shit.

>releases in 2 days I think.
No, the early access opens in 2 days.

Pretty much my musing. I was intrigued by the trailer but it just looks bland gameplay-wise.

looks like shit

Jesus, that soon? E3 was the only place I ever heard about it.

>Anyone else cautiously hyped?
No, the gameplay footage makes it look awful

>2 days
Wha? No way.

>Early Access
Oh god fucking damn it!

I never played that.

I'm so jaded by how far off the actual gameplay is from the presentations shown at all the big gaming events. The intro plays out like a very narrative-driven game, with a pretty interesting, albeit not very unique, plot hook. I was pretty hyped for it before

>Procedural level design
>Perma-Death
>Survival elements, but everything is randomized

None of those things are inherently bad, but they seem to work directly against the message that was given by both the initial reveal, and the trailers pushed after.

I would kill for them to scrap EVERYTHING about the gameplay, and build a comprehensive world. Take some design inspiration from both Bioshock and Dishonored, but remove plasmids/powers. Keep that heavy focus on survival, but have a VERY intentional placement of the elements needed to survive.

That's the only thing that'd sell me on this game, but we all know it's not happening.

no PS4 no buy

>YET ANOTHER 1984 dude you're the only one fighting da sheeple lmao free thinker ripoff

No

>Interesting plot
It's going to be a 2deep4u game with no actual depth or thinking
It reminds me of infinite

I'll probably give it a shot, and if I don't like it I'll just get a refund.

Early access is a beta in the best case, practically an alpha most of the time.
What this means is that you pay for full game but game an incomplete one.
Pretty neat, isn't it.

>corridor shooter
>corridor shooter
>corridor shooter
>corridor shooter
Am I being memed on or is there just a retarded samefag about?

I'm sick of this trend of corridor shooters with 2deep4u plots

>poster count doesn't go up
I'm guessing samefag

>Sonygger are defending this shit

I liked the trailer but the actual gameplay seems far removed from it. It advertised itself as a really interesting corridor simulator of sorts, but the actual gameplay seems to be a mix of procedurally generated roguelike world with Pathologic-style survival meters that you have to pay attention to.

It looks really good style and plotwise, but it doesn't seem to be sure on what it wants to be, and I fear the gameplay will suffer as a result.

wait but isn't it not on the ps4?
So why would they defend it and not say the grapes are sour?

Either way, it's not a corridor shooter
It's a procedurally generated survival game
which makes it worse

>Early Access

Eh, gonna wait on this and would recommend others do as well. Compulsion Games's other title Contrast was a absolute bug ridden mess at launch, and took months to fix. It wasn't a BAD game, but all the bugs ruined my enjoyment of it.

>pretentious
ebin

user if this isn't pretentiousness:the game then I don't know what is.

Probably fucked up for me to say this but I genuinely think this game would be better as a straight Bioshock clone rather than a Survival Game.

>Setting is cool
>Setpiece opening is really fucking cool
>Core gameplay is ridiculously fucking boring and tries to be some kind of roguelike meets pathologic

Genuinely disappointed they didn't just make it a normal fucking game.

Wow, this.

I had only seen like 2 of the trailers and I thought the game looked pretty interesting but assumed it wasn't going to be out for several more months, most likely next year.

But now I'm reading the thread and I'm finding myself to be less interested in the game now.

Yeah it needed to either be rougelike through and through, or have more like the starting setpiece.

>half of Sup Forums is screaming WALKING SIM 2DEEP4U NO GAMEPLAY LOOKS LIKE SHIT
>the other half is whining WHY ISNT IT A WALKING SIM MAKE IT MORE LIKE BIOSHOCK THERES TOO MUCH GAMEPLAY

Jesus, you guys are retarded. It looks fine for an indie game; at least it's not another 16bit Earthbound clone or Outlast ripoff.

Then again, you guys loved Dead By Daylight, an unbalanced, glitchy mess and the definition of a ripoff, and tried to defend its flaws so why am I even fucking surprised.

My problem is that the game itself is trying to be both. The intro tries to make it seem like there is gonna be a huge amount of plot with a main character having some sad past. The gameplay itself for the rest though is some rougelike. The game itself can't make up it's mind.

>anime reaction image

Not a valid opinion or argument

>>>>>>>>>procedurally generated roguelike
WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?

Other than the shit graphics and next to no gameplay the setting might be ok? I'll pirate it if I'm bored some time in the future I guess.

How is it pretentious? It's a somewhat twisted setting pulled thin over shit gameplay.

It all really depends if the game does more with the setting in the finished product. There is all this shit that is supposedly deep about it, but besides the intro it just seems like another generic rougelike. Which sucks because the small story that is there interests me.

Nice quote. I bet the game isn't even 0.0001% as good as the source material.

youtube.com/watch?v=P9fa3HFR02E