>3 dota threads right now

Maybe I should make one

>2016
>playting dota 2 yet
why op?

because I still have at least a little bit of respect for myself

this 2bh family

why play dota, just drink bleach, it's the same

I've tried forming 3 teams so far and joining 2-3 others. Always fails.

Always.

Bigger prize means better game? Why would that make sense?

I always give MOBA's a try, but end up quitting really quick. It's not fun being stuck on a team with 3 russians and 1 AFK.

because I don't know 4 people who would play this with me seriously and playing this game any other way is boring and possibly frustrating

Tower range is way too long

git gud

But I play and I always play ranked and random in it.3.5k because I lose on purpose if I hate my team.

I've tried several times, shorter tower range = best gem

Because the game isn't fun and I only play games for fun.

I married into a millionaire family and never have to worry about money in my life ever again, so why would I care about how much a pro Dota career might make me?

why is everone loaded with cash on Sup Forums except me?
prove it
drop me 3 60 euro games right now

is Hillary Clinton your step-mother or something

I've played 2,5k but actually i played for fun. I cant train every day, so i often lost and it gets me angry.

Because Dota and LoL are both shit and anyone that plays them should be put out to pasture.

>Dotards willing give the Jews at Valve money for """esports"""
>Brag about it

Are there any bigger cucks in gaming?

Because I'm over with it.

I've played since 2011 and I haven't given a dime to Valve and their jewpendium. TI is so inflated that teams legitimately do not give a fuck about any other tournament anymore, this is something dotards will never admit.

Why the fuck would you need to train everyday? The game is basic shit, there's literally zero motor skill requirement for high level play, it's just counters to counters and that's it. Game is fucking ass.

how mad can you get

Not as mad as you kek

Actually people have admitted it, you're just being ignorant on the issue. In fact that's one of the reasons why Valve made the Majors, to give a standard for TI invites and appeal to players to play instead of just waiting for TI.

So which one is it this time?

Serious question to all you people who are actually a fan of Dota.

What makes the game different from other MMOs like Smite and LoL?

It's by Valve. That's it.

it was the OG

I'm glad I'm far far above your mmr and will most likely never meet you.
You are a nuisance to the game.
Not a cancer, you are not important enough and only one person.
You are literally a slight nuisance and worth nothing more.

it's not pay2win like the others you've mentioned

I'm stuck in LP at the moment so I can't pick my usual braindead afk heroes like CM/ET/Lion.

>MMOs
anyways they only monetize cosmetic content so you can actually just play the fucking game without having to grind unlocks, and it (alongside HoN but that was essentially dota 2 before dota 2) is the only game in its genre that doesn't take from the LoL formula which involves garbage like incredibly rigid, forced playstyles and "oops I fucked up, undo" buttons you get to use for free every few minutes

Different map when?

Because ASSFAGGOTS are RTS games for babbies who can't keep track of more than one unit.

Have you considered making your own?

It's really hard to piss me off into not caring but the absolute madmen know how to.
If I wouldn't random the game would be too easy.

>what is meepo
>what is chen
>what is enchantress
>what is naga siren
>what is basically half of the heroes in dota

now if we were talking about league of legends maybe you'd have a point

How do I invoke

>spoiler
sure, you're a progamer in hiding unlike all the other tilting 3k shitters.
If you actually tried you totally would be 10k mmr by now.
Keep lying to yourself, I always take pleasure in the delusions of people like you

I'm no pro gamer, I don't look at competetive dota or anything.
It's just a fun game. I like 3.5k, it's much more fun than 4k.

>litearlly no macro
confirmed babby RTS

>MOBA

riot sympathising scum

>2016
>not quitting dota 2 yet

Silly user, maybe you'll play fun games that aren't literal migraine-inducing skinner boxes some day.

RTS are games for people who like over-glorified rock/paper/scissors. There's no grand strategy like in DOTA, just "this guy is making these units, so I'll make these other units".

Mechanical ability is the lowest form of skill.

>playing a moba

>why user?

because i'd rather not spend time with moba players.

Because i don't like ASSFAGGOTS.

>people who conflate Riot's "MOBA" with Dota 2

Nobody cared what Dota was until it became Dota 2.

Because I haven't given up on life

>I'm a diver

I hope you don't play nu-wow or overwatch.

last mmo i played was lineage 2 in 2008 and i hate fps

t. dota flooded custom games list in warcraft 3 for years

was it even out of beta then?

Because I want to have fun.

Is it true that there are no melee carries or push heroes in LoL?

Maybe I should've played DOTA instead. Never got in to it because I have literally 0 friends playing it, and getting matched with randoms in that game, like most other online competitive games, is fucking cancerous.

Not even sure if I want to continue playing CSGO because of it.

>for esports
Its for hats, its always been about hats

>more money = better game

Dota 2 is still forgotten. Street Fighter 5 finals was on ESPN2.

Dota 2 was on it for 30 minutes. At midnight. And it was just a pre-recorded segment.

League players will argue that there are melee carries but the fact is their 'carry' who farms the most and is expected to carry late-game with high physical damage is 99% of the time ranged and goes bottom.

But when you get down to it, to them a melee carry is no different from say a burst carry, just a different method of carrying. Whereas in Dota you have a lot more ways to carry and a mix of playstyles. Like how Lifestealer rapes people with impunity, Sven bursts people with Godstrength, Juggernaut threatens people with powerful abilities and an ultimate that's essentially guaranteed attacks.

As for push heroes they definitely don't have many abilities that affect towers, the push for them is just having people hit the tower or having a carry with damage. You'll never see someone like a Broodmother taking towers all day or Shadow Shaman dropping Serpent Wards.

Dota finals were on ESPN. Just wait until TI, /d2g/ get's stickied for a week.

>Dota finals were on ESPN.

Yeah, on their website. EVO was on television.

Dota had television airtime too, I don't remember when though.

Reminder that RTS and CS:GO player look at you the same way you look at LoLbabbies, dotards.

dota matches are too long tbqfh

I haven't played dota 2 since lol came out.

RTS is dead and CS:GO is money-laundering scam by all parties involved.

Is that why RTS players went to Dota 2?

there are many different types of melee carries, there are "assassins" and "splitpushers" for example, assasins can melt 1 target pretty fast and can cleanup skirmishes, while splitpushers can usually 1v2 if engaged at 1v1, their builds are different, assasins are full damage and splitpushers are damage/tank because they are usually front-liners

the reason ap carries and ranged ad carries are the reliable source of damage is because they can safely output damage in teamfights, while melee fighters can't because kiting is a thing in lol, tryndamere deals like 3x the amount of damage an adc would, but he would get cc'd to death in a teamfight, throw a few AAs on a tank and then die

lol has splitpushers that push and melt towers with AAs mostly, but they also have Singed which can push lanes extremely quickly and even proxy farm in enemy base, honestly if a hero has waveclear and can take towers quickly he would be a nice push hero in lol

>CSGO

Nobody takes CSGO seriously. The competitive scene is held up by underage kids with a gambling addiction and that's being killed. As well as tons of pros cheating their way to victories.

TI5

Same. Mostly because I don't have friends that play d2 and q times take longer there than in lol.

Is Valve still crowdfunding prizes in an attempt to impress everyone with their incredible prizepool?

Played for 2 years got to 5.3k and realized it's pointless unless you are going pro and the community is awful and it takes way too much time out of my life.

VALVE TAKES 75% OF EVERYTHING FOR DOING LITERALLY NOTHING

I try playing dota once every few weeks

I always quit mid ranked game because the game is that fucking boring

>prize pool makes the game good

see you tomorrow

Is that a bad thing?

OooooooOOOH MY GOD HE JUST FLASHED

OVER

THE

CLIFF

WOWWWWWW

Actually it all goes back into Dota.

what dota 2 character do I play if I don't like dota 2

blizzard lost so much ground in the last 20 years

Pudge, techies.

For those of you who have fallen out of liking Dota 2, what about custom games?

Legends of Dota, 10v10, and Dota Imba are pretty funny sometimes. Legends of Dota in particular lets you gain a better appreciation of how fucktacularly powerful some abilities are. That is, if you play a game where they aren't banned(Tiny's ultimate is banned by default for example).

No. It would be irrelevant, but since it's so often brought up as something that somehow makes Dota2 superior, it's actually quite pathetic.

>Eul's Dota
I want the old old Dota, where Void Demon and old KotL and old Lina and Space Marine were around.

But why doesn't it make Dota 2 the superior game?

Blame WoW. Literally the one game nobody asked for. And now they're back with.... a tf2 clone.... wow. Can't expect much from the people owned by Activision and who git their success by stealing Warhammer characters.

>xe believes this

But it DOES have a bigger prize pool? League is making like x10 the money and they don't do anything with it but give it to their chink overlords.

Honestly it was getting rid of my addiction, it's just whenever you play dota/lol etc you can just go for one more game and one more. I don't see anything wrong with devoting 10 hours to a game in a day, hell I even played fo4 for 23 hours straight and I'm never playing that piece of shit again. It's just that with mobas you never acomplish anything, when you are bad you are frustrated because you are bad.
3k hours later and you are "good" and it still doesn't mean anything.

Riot devs are maximum jews, the game is almost the same since release. Compare how dota 2 looked when it came out and what features it had to LoL. League of legends doesn't even have voice chat in a game where you need it at high level.

Having communities more caustic than hydroflouric acid, for me.

And how exactly does that affect you as a player?

"This guy is making these items, so I'll make these other items."

Look at the bigger picture

As someone with years in WOW, brood war.
7k hours into dota 2 and 200 into LoL I'm never playing a MOBA or MMO again.

>tried league in season 1,hated it
>friend got me to play from season 3, art a lot better tons of waifus enjoy it
>friends eventually play less while im there grinding away
>reach diamond in season 5 while friends are all gold, low plat in skill at best
>riot starts pandering to sjws and started fucking up the balance and reworked too many champs into retardation gimmick champs
>plays exclusively aram until overwatch came out and didnt touch league since
i have all completed rune pages and all champs but the game is just shit. community is shit, games coding is shit, balance is shit, only thing not shit is aram because its casualized to a point where people cant become butt hurt angry babies and tilt.

>and it still doesn't mean anything.
Since when odes playing a videogame have to have some "meaning" attached to it? Isn't the act itself the entire purpose?

This is why cars are being turned into boring a-to-b machines because people are only interested in the destination, not the journey. Much like playing the game, or reading a book. You don't skip to the last boss and you don't skip to the last page.

Honestly the more shit I read on Sup Forums the more I am convinced that the players are what are killing videogames, not the publishers and devs, since all they do is want to make a buck and they do so by giving people what they want, which is the first rule of business.

I've played against bots to see what it was like and honestly I can't imagine liking it after putting 50 or 100 hours in to git gud.

It'd be a lot of time commitment and I don't enjoy the base experience all that much. I think it's a good game and I'm glad so many people get so much enjoyment out of it but it isn't for me. Which is a shame because
>Team based
>Competitive
It hits two high points for me. I just don't like it.

It doesn't but the thing is I could enjoy 100 games instead of playing dota 2 or league. This happens to every moba player including me, as soon as you start getting good you stop playing other games and just focus on dota/league.