Nintendo Clarifies Pokemon Go’s Impact on the Company, Will Not Change Financial Forecast

>Nintendo’s fortunes won’t be rocketing based on Pokemon Go alone, but that’s because it’s never been directly financially associated with the game itself.

>In a statement on its investor site today, Nintendo clarified that despite its skyrocketing share value, it isn’t receiving any direct revenue from Pokemon Go, and that all revenue currently flows to developer/publisher Niantic, who then pays a licensing fee to The Pokemon Company. The Pokemon Company also receives “compensation for collaboration in the development and operations of Pokemon Go.”

>This confirmation shouldn’t be surprising to any familiar with the fact that The Pokemon Company is jointly owned by 3 other firms: Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures. Nintendo's 32 percent share in The Pokemon Company will somewhat impact its overall worth, but it's far removed from Niantic's runaway success.
gamasutra.com/view/news/277718/Despite_radical_success_Pokemon_Go_wont_affect_Nintendos_bottom_line.php

In other news:
>Pokémon Go’s decline is already under way
businessinsider.com.au/pokemon-gos-decline-is-already-under-way-2016-7

>Pokémon Go already on the decline in US
pcmag.com/news/346399/surveymonkey-pokemon-go-already-on-the-decline-in-u-s

How much longer will it last?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160722e.pdf
mcvuk.com/news/read/retail-braced-for-another-pok-mon-christmas-following-pok-mon-go-success/0170027
twitter.com/shiba3/status/757237257443106817
youtu.be/jOZhJqcuWVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

5 weeks

Meanwhile it hasn't been released in half of the world.

it'll continue to drop until it gets to a solid autistic audience that will stick with it. it doesn't particularly matter either way. the average person was never going to pay for a mobile game. it'll be the core that remains who will deliver a constant stream of money to Niantic.

I already don't see people walking around playing anymore

>Game not even out and is already dead
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yea it gets old fast

mostly like pokemon in general

"Raising brand awareness won't improve the sales of pokemon merchandise at all. I am a retard"

That's you

No, that's Nintendo
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160722e.pdf

except unless nintendo outright purchases the pokemon company, they won't see any goodwill that pokemon go has created be present in their financial statements

whether or not it effects sun and moon's sales remains to be seen, but when Nintendo's third quarter earnings are posted, they are going to be incredibly shitty like they have been

lastly, just because you create awareness of a product, doesn't mean people will buy it, and it certainly isn't possible to research or analyze the data. marketing is heavily dissected to determine what works and what isn't, so it can be replicated or improved upon in the future as well as be explained to investors of the company.

you don't get to be an executive of a company by just saying "dude one of our products got exposure on social media that means we are definitely gonna make some money and convert product awareness to product purchases so don't sweat it senpai"

t. MBA

Its a fad. Thats all it is.

Its free and its not extensive. Normies and hipsters will give up on it by the time it gets too cold to go outside and never look back on it. Then it will be just another fleeting 2016 meme, right alongside Dat Boi, Damn Daniel and Le Laughing Chewbacca Lady.

>Nintendo tries to tell me they are not interested in mobile games
>Right after they conduct feasability tests on the platfor for 30 million

Nintendo be talking out of their neck yoo lmao

wrong

I didn't say shit about Nintendo. I spoke only of merchandise. Retailers would not be ordering pokemon shit in droves if they thought it wouldn't lead to sales.

Normies buy the bulk of cheap merch.

What features are necessary to keep the game alive? I'm thinking
>Gen II pokemon (none beyond that)
>breeding
>battles
>trading

shit it's already too hot to go outside, fucking 110 where I'm at
I figured out how to play it on the computer though so I can just watch some anime or some youtube video and play that at the same time

nothing

the only reason it is popular is the normie audience

once they realize it's just a grinding treadmill and that no-lifers are dominating the gyms, they'll pack it up. they also give 0 shits about anything other than the original 151.

How are those pokemons going?

>Vulpix

Lost.

oh fuck i forgot to name vulpix, any suggestions?

All pokemon should be included. Why the fuck limit it to gens 1 and 2? No need for battling, thats for the actual handheld games.

Main game sales boosted by Pokemon GO

>1. Pokémon Alpha Sapphire – 148%

>2. Pokémon Omega Ruby – 148%

>3. Pokémon X – 238%

>4. Pokémon Y – 188%

5. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon – 65%

>These five games in total –148%

>Pokémon Total – 145%

mcvuk.com/news/read/retail-braced-for-another-pok-mon-christmas-following-pok-mon-go-success/0170027

It is working.

Exactly. Driving around in shorts and in the AC with friends is fun in the summer, but normies will drop Pokemon Go like a lead balloon by the time November comes to a close.

>nintendos best game isnt even made by nintendo
J U S T

>Niantic said in comic-con that the game currently has only 10% of what they want to do with it

Why would you release a game that isn't even half finished.

Fucking.

Why.

What did he mean by this?

percentages without numbers means nothing
specially on old ass games

HHAHAHHAHAHHAHA NINTODDLERS BTFO

>korn and slipknot

i hope those two are really shitty pokeymans

>see a thread about pokemon go.
>instant sonyniger false flag
>In every thread
Never change Sup Forums

>the average person was never going to pay for a mobile game. it'll be the core that remains who will deliver a constant stream of money to Niantic.

More like:

>the average person will deliver a constant stream of money to Niantic, it'll be the core that remains who will never pay for a mobile game.

"This just in, a video game isn't as popular the week after its initial launch week"

WOOOOW

Gilli Smyth

They better start releasing gen 2 and more features already if they want to keep consumer interest

twitter.com/shiba3/status/757237257443106817

>Nintendo goes mobile
>Still dies

>Friends
>trading
>battling strangers and friends

bare minimum needed.

Does this mean their shares are gonna take a plunge?

No shit it went down. That's what normalfags do, they move from fad to fad.

I'm surprised no one is bitching about the false advertisement this game had before launch

>percentages without numbers means nothing
>specially on old ass games
Pokemon X/Y released in 2013 and ORAS in 2014, both have sold over 10 million copies so far with XY at almost 15 million. Nintendo games keep selling even years after release, they're not western AAA garbage that sells 5 million in four weeks then fades entirely into obscurity.

Pokemon X/Y sold almost 1 million copies in 2015 and has sold over 350k copies in 2016 so far. Pokemon ORAS sold 2.3 million copies in 2015 and over 500k copies in 2016 so far. The games keep selling, a 150% increase in sales is significant when you're still selling hundreds of thousands of copies, years after release.

For comparison, a western AAA games like, for example, Bioshock Infinite, that also released in 2013, sold a good 70-80% of its copies right away in its launch window. It sold about 200K copies in 2014, 100K in 2015 and a scant 29K so far in 2016. These games don't have legs, Nintendo games do.

That's just too many, and there are a lot of bland/poor ones, ones that fill the same niche as previous mons, that would just bloat the game with needless filler, it's best just to have the Sugimori pokemon. The general public only really cares about the RBG 151 anyway, and to a much lesser extent, the GSC 100.

>Generation packs
>Battles
>Trading
>Keeping a pokemon like a virtual pet
>Can use the sound of every pokemon like a ringtone or whatever
>Facebook integration
>Building an Augmented reality gym and using the pokeballs to fight really strong or unique pokemon in AR battles.

This. Was randomly passing through a park in boston and this butch spanish chick was talking about how they dropped $20 on Lucky Eggs. So seeing as she was one person among a varied bunch of people I saw playing the game, I can only imagine at least everyone who played the game will spend at least a little bit of money on it.

>implying normies give a fuck beyond gen 1

>no need for battling
There really is, the game needs to be a lot more interactive with other players. What's the point of getting powerful pokemon if you can't fight them against your friends'?

MONEY... MONEY

or at least battling for gyms the swipe to win shit gets old

>What features are necessary to keep the game alive?
Not crashing every 5-10 minutes and then having to stare at the loading screen and kill the app a dozen times just to get back on. And I know it's not entirely due to network issues, none of the people I walk around with have this problem and when it does crash for them they get back on instantly.

My Pokemon Go outings typically play out like this:
>Walk around for 10 minutes, catch a couple things
>Game crashes for no reason
>Kill app, open again
>Stare at loading screen, get error
>Kill app, open again
>Kill app, open again
>Kill app, open again
>Kill app, open again
>Kill app, open again
>Kill app, open again
>Delete the app entirely and redownload it, get back on instantly

Fix this shit. I'm tired of missing 90% of the Pokestops and Pokemon when I go out with friends because I'm stuck looking at the fucking loading screen the entire time.

Well no shit because that is how stocks work.

Seriously, reading all of you retards being wrong about how stocks work triggers my autism

still no numbers, 150% of what? we have to know that, there's no way around it

No kidding. That trailer was like watching a summer movie blockbuster trailer.

It's a game that requires you actually go out to play, a fall/winter release would not be a good idea and likely wouldn't have nearly the same impact.

It was either roll out now and fix later, which sucks, or wait until spring 2017 when the weather for most markets isn't shitty so people will actually go outside, which also sucks.

>still no numbers

>Pokemon X/Y sold almost 1 million copies in 2015 and has sold over 350k copies in 2016 so far
>Pokemon ORAS sold 2.3 million copies in 2015 and over 500k copies in 2016 so far.

What numbers are you looking for, exactly? I just told you how many copies the games have sold in the last ~six months.

Summary at comic con today by Niantic

>There are easter eggs that nobody has found yet (!)
>They’re planning ways to customize Pokestops and Gyms
>Pokemon Centers are coming
>There will be more functionality added to gyms, though the specifics aren’t clear
>Niantic says the game is at about 10% of what they want it to be
>They’re still discussing breeding and battling and trading, but nothing concrete in the works yet
>The legendary birds are tied to teams in some way
>Yep, they know about the three-step glitch. Still no word. Grr.
>It sounds like we can’t expect legendaries until after the game has been released on all regions; that includes Korea and Middle East and Africa which they are actively working with each government in those regions

If Pokemon Go is anything like other mobile games, than they're going to have strike a balance between pleasing casual players and appealing to hardcore whales.

Make the game accessible enough that hundreds of casuals will drop a few dollars on the game while offering expensive packages that allow the rich and stupid to drop hundreds on the game at once.

Right now I think the game is more appealing to casuals. There isn't really any reason for whales to exist in the game yet and that's an untapped market for the game.

>NTR
While this would be the part where I tell you to get out or to fuck off kill yourself, I must admit that the art was great and that bikini was premium fap fuel

>>Gen II pokemon (none beyond that)
man you are a gross person
you probably didn't even wash your hands last time you went to the bathroom, did you

Directly prior to the 150% increase obviously.

the games were selling a certain amount per day before pokemon go (we don't know how much)
i want the daily numbers after pokemon go (the 150% increase which we also don't know)

>Right now I think the game is more appealing to casuals
And its still the most profitable app right now, so I hope that doesn't change.

I agree with this,I mean it's not as extreme as Miitomo but you reach this "what the fuck do I do now?" point. Especially in my city where motherfuckers cap gyms every 5 minutes not even exaggerating.

Also if you happen to roll with a group and everyone's color doesn't match it makes it even more pointless because then the only way to play the game "together" is if you coordinate using pokevision and all want to catch the same pokemon.

At this point the "hardcore" players are the ones that you see in gyms with gyarados in the first week. Or having other bullshit that would require farming 100+ candy. That being said there isn't much for them to do since you can brute force most gyms down in about 20 mins once you get to about level 13 - 15 even if your roster sucks dick.

>fall, the season where most of the world can actually go outside and enjoy the game is not a good idea

How are people having these issues?

My Pokemon GO app has been running pretty smoothly aside from the AR not working properly.

Are you sure your phone isn't just a toaster on its way out?

don't even need to look at the rest of this to know it's netorare
step it up user

No, it's not. Summer is the best time.

Everyone I know dropped it as soon as there were no battles

I'm gonna miss all the crazy Pokemon Go related news articles. Those were pretty fun to look at.

I was pretty impressed with shit like Accept, and Helloween but then you spelt Megadeth wrong.

0/10 shit list brah.

Hardcore players yes, but not hardcore spenders. There is no incentive for people to drop big bucks on the game because doing so only gives them a marginal advantage over casuals who get out a lot. No one has a reason to spend money on lures or consumable items when they can get the exact same experience from camping a pokestop downtown. Even the lucky egg strategy has diminishing returns, most people just wait to evolve a bunch of things at once rather than having a ton of eggs at a time.

I do have a shitty iphone, getting something else soon hopefully. It was either the iphone or stick with the flip-phone I had prior.

I could deal with the constant crashes if it didn't fucking lock me out until I entirely delete the app each time. I don't have unlimited data, Niantic obviously isn't reimbursing me. Big Brother Apple won't let me delete any temporary files or data for the game, which is what I'm pretty sure is stopping me from logging in and giving me "failed to retrieve player data" every crash. I know it can't just be network problems because my friends get back on instantly and I do as well when I do a fresh install. It also just kills my battery even faster than the game running normally, I spend at least 40% of my battery looking at that fucking Gyarados.

I can play other games that look much, much better with fewer issues and google Maps runs just fine, they just need to get their shit together.

Me and every one of my friends is having the issue. We went to South Bank last weekend and spent the entire time 'playing' the game by watching the loading screen error out. It's killed my interest in the game, especially since I can't even hatch eggs reliably.

wew

youtu.be/jOZhJqcuWVo

>Kids go back to school
>Adults go back to work/college/whatever
>Gets colder and darker earlier
>Best time of year
What? No, summer is best, more people have off from work/school, take vacations and are generally outdoors more often.

I guess it will stay alive as a "top tier" app in the appstores

I know right?

Whales?
Dude fuck whales.

They have more profit potential by making deals with specific stores and places to offer limited time pokestop/pokegym memberships.

The profit potential is ridiculous.

Can you fucking imagine making circle k, where android bucks are sold, a pokestop AND having a massive sale at the same time?

Pure fucking profit.

They won't have to rely on whales, they simply have to find a clever way to incentivize the casual player base with a few bucks in their pockets.
And to get into massive deals with certain businesses.

>FREEFALLING

>Live in a bumfuck rural area.
>Open game
>Single road and large blank green area
>Close game

Welp, here's another fad I'll miss out on.

Why does Pokemon go trigger people so hard

Oh please the second they add another generation all hell will break loose again

That plan wouldn't work considering how the Go fad is already on decline. Within a month or two few businesses would want to partner with Go.

Unless Niantic adds new features to the game soon, Go's casual fanbase is ultimately doomed. If they want to be a shitty company that does as little as possible for as much money as possible then they'll have to pander to whales. If they fix their game and make it actually engaging and fun they could have their cake and eat it too. But I have serious doubts about Go's future as a game.

there is no other generation

most normies never played any sequels

NINTENKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>No one has a reason to spend money on lures or consumable items when they can get the exact same experience from camping a pokestop downtown

I think this dude hit it on the head, mostly I spend time doing other shit on my phone because I work downtown and in my seat I happen to be sandwiched between two pokestops and half the time one of them is lure'd. So basically that means if I just leave the app open and my phone plugged in I just passively win with almost 0 effort.

Why would You say something like that in a stock meeting you are begging to lose a lot

This sucks too, and its really inconsistent. I live in the suburbs of a relatively urban area, there are maybe 10 Pokestops within ~4 miles of my home, few of which are close to one another. A few shopping centers, your usual "main street" and fairly populated with typical "city-like" areas and neighborhoods, but no fucking Pokestops anywhere. There's a single church and a "nature trail" that are within walking distance and that's it.

I have friends back in my hometown with a population of a few thousand in a fairly rural area, I go there typically to play. I can walk no more than a few blocks from the house I used to live in and see a dozen Pokestops all clumped together. Cross the river over the bridge to the adjacent town and there are two dozen more, all clumped together there as well, all within a couple miles. It's all monuments, churches and shit like that, so if there are few of these around you seem to be shit out of luck.

It was going to be apparent anyways when the quarterly report came out.

>most normies never played any sequels
Most normies never played any of the games.

this

one of my co-workers was wondering about what they will add next to the game, then I tell him that they'll most likely add the next generations.

>Generations? What do you mean?
>The next generations of pokemons
>What there are more?

>10-foot tall Pikachu woman
I want to put my entire arm in her ass.

Most normies wont give a fuck about Johto or Hoenn because they werent around during the height of the Pokemon sensation, which was the 90's.

Ingress has been a slow, solid burn for them.

I do agree though, they've got to fix the glaring issues soon, and begin working on content if they want to keep riding the gravy train.

its called being honest to your shareholders

>this thread

I wonder if they will shill Sun and Moon with GO.

I mean sounds like the perfect advertising.

To be fair, most games aren't referred to in "generations" like Pokemon. For example no one calls CoD2 "CoD gen 2" it's just the second CoD game. If you didn't really play many of the games you wouldn't necessarily be aware of this even if you're an avid player of other games.

Exactly why Nintendo is going to use this as an opportunity to introduce them to newer generations, so they can eventually cash in on Sun/Moon. The bandwagon could equate to some sales

Because anyone with a fucking brain knows Nintendo doesn't own all of Pokemon.

These investors are LITERALLY retarded, if you have seen them in the past.