Got SFV for PC, just cleared normal survival with pic related

Got SFV for PC, just cleared normal survival with pic related.

I think I'm ready, but any advice before going into ranked?

Street Fighter V thread

>I think I'm ready, but any advice before going into ranked?

Beat the story mode on highest difficulty on all characters, then you're ready to get REKT'D online.

>any advice before going into ranked?
Get ready to lose a lot, and don't even think it will help you improve for tournaments.

prepare to lose a fuck ton. learn from your mistakes. Think about why your enemies are beating you and what you can do to avoid losing to it. Watch people better than you with your character and compare their play to your own. Practice mechanics a lot in the training room.

Play ranked. AI will not prepare you for playing the game

Let's play a set OP and ill tell you if you are ready

If you wait until Tuesday, you can beat up all the Jurifags.

Sure, set it up.

Fight ID is AlgolisPC

Very very good user you are definitely prepared for online

someone make a lobby

You also learn quickly, I would say work on block strings and you are good to go till silver

don't think that anything but the execution practice will transfer to playing against real people
go into it knowing that you will get bodied a lot, and that it's perfectly natural to get bodied regularly for a good while when you're starting out
and make sure to have fun even when you're getting bodied

very good user, i would say add the target combo mp mk dash grab into your vocab and you are well on your way to at least silver

That was a lot of fun, you're pretty good. Bison's my bane though so far.

Thanks a bunch for the matches.

(I got a little hype with those Alex parries. Shadowplayed that shit.)

It was pretty sick

Thanks. Do you main Bison or is he just a pocket? You downloaded me hard with him.

hahaha you spent money on this fucking trashfire of a game you god damned idiot

>learn from your mistakes

Not OP but how are you supposed to do that when you get rekt so fast you can't even get a single move out? Happens to me a lot.

Replays

you must be incredibly bad, then. There are no touch-of-death combos in this game, hardly any that even do 40% damage unless they spend serious meter. and assuming you're the one getting rushed down, they won't have v-trigger either...

You're looking at like 3 or 4 touches they need to get on you user, stop being so shit and block for once in your life.

yeah, don't take it too seriously. just have fun. learn your bnbs, learn your 2x-easier-to-input-but-15%-less-damage bnbs as well, and just play a ton of matches. learn your okizime, your forced 50-50s, your at-best-50-50s-if-you-block-in-the-right-direction, and other scrub stomper skills