Watching street fighter gameplay

>watching street fighter gameplay
>everyone fights like pic related

What is with everyone crouching all the time?

it's to protect your shins

Charge characters and low blocks

Karin can kick Chun's shins there though

the game is designed so that overhead animations are reactable. the default defensive position should be crouch blocking, and standing to block overheads, including jumps. ths gives you the most overall protection to your opponent's offense.

It's k, she blocks with her forearm.

Party games always have weird animations.

Those thighs are way too sexual

Street Fighter used to be just a pleb's version of Mortal Kombat.

Just like modern day Street Fighter is a pleb's version of Tekken.

For Nintoddlers.

Even the SF movie was shit. BAKA DESU.

Charge characters can charge away and down at the same time and every character blocks all non-overhead attacks in this stance.

MK was the pleb version though.
SF was for people who wanted a solid fighting game.
MK was for edgy teens who wanted blood

what the fuck is wrong with her? why does she crouch like that?

its the chinge chonge style

0/10. MK has stepped it's game up lately, but back in the day SF was waaaaaay better than MK. I'm not a huge fan of the 3D SF era. It was at it's best in the 2D days.

I'm not saying this to shitpost. But I've always found street fighter in general to be extremely boring at a competitive level. Whenever I mention this, people shut me down saying "Well you just don't GET IT because you don't know the reads and mindgames!"

like okay, sure, but every match of SFV ends up just like SFIV (crouching and shuffling hastily back and forth for 10 seconds before throwing out a projectile or one jab/lowkick and then back to turtling)

how is that fun to watch even if you know "the reads"

also havent pro players said SFV is just a guessing game now essentially?

You're ignorant so you shouldnt comment on the topic.

so please explain to me how SFV top8 was in any way interesting, let alone deserving of being on live TV?

all i ever hear from SF competitive scene after every Top8 is COMPLAINTS about the players using shitty boring tactics.

(You)

No you dont.
Its clear that you cant even parrot shit right.

here is an example of someone who IS genuinely shitposting though

>nintoddlers

what the fuck does that have to do with anything

SFV Chun is a miracle of the universe

boring is how you win in fighters

its just like anything, its nothing special or unique to you or your disinterest in SF, just don't consume it if you don't like it, that simple.

its like... people that don't like, understand, or "get" soccerball, find it boring because goals can be quite rare and sometimes it's 10 minutes of a team passing it around in their own half. but to people that really dig the sport, they see the big picture, they understand the poking and prodding and the amazing ball protection, looking to stretch the opponent's formation, trying to figure out what their defensive rotations are, wearing down their stamina before committing to an attack.

the shimmy in SF is basically the same, you are looking for that reaction, if i step forward a bit, will he put out a cr.mk? will he keep throwing fireballs even if i step into dangerous jump-in territory? what are his tendencies?

just dont watch it if you dont like it.

So many things wrong with this. Especially
> SF MOVIE
live action? Sure. But the sf2 animated movie? Drags it's hairy gigantic set of big balls over the mouths of everything from mortal kombat to world of warcraft, quality wise.

Solid animation, fight choreography was fucking done by pro k1 fighters and therefore inherently superior to 95% of any martial arts film, and actually impacted the overall game series in a far better way than what the MK movies did for the franchise.