Nintendo's share price plummets 18% on news they don't fully own Pokemon Go

Ruh roh!

(18% is the max fall allowed in one day on the Nikkei. Hold onto your butts)

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-25/nintendo-set-to-plunge-after-saying-pokemon-go-s-impact-limited

Maybe stupid fucking Niantic shouldn't have released a 1/4-finished game like stupid fucking commiefornia jew kike pajeet programmers sucking all kinds of nigger cocks just to design a remake of an already popular mobile app holy FUCK

They are smart, sell now that is high, then when it's super low again buy before Sun and Moon, most people will buy the shit out of it due to pokemon go, then when it peaks sell again and you are rich

>Be Nintendo
>Do literally nothing
>Nyanitc and Pokeco release a game
>Still do nothing
>Investors start giving you money
>Do nothing
>Be incredibly profitable for a week
>Finally do nothing at all
>Investors realize their mistake
>Shares go back to normal
>Continue to do nothing

>pokemon go releases
>OMG NINTENDO IS SAVIOR
>Stocks skyrocket
>Press release: nintendo didn't make this
>OMG NINTENDO WHYYYYY
>Stocks drop

I'm not sure why this is surprising anybody.

Okay.

Its a strategy thats been working out for them so far.

Are investors really this fucking retarded?

This. Isn't pokemon mostly owned by GameFreak?

THE FUCKING STOCK ONLY GOT SO HIGH DUE TO SPECULATION ANYWAY YOU TWATS THIS IS SERIOUSLY NO SURPRISE

Yes also they run our world.
Now do you see why things are so fucked up?

Why are we having this thread again?

Ye

>THIS IS SERIOUSLY NO SURPRISE
Is that the surprise itself then? That there is none?

I wonder how much Sun and Moon are gonna sell now.

Also if Nintendo was smart they'd release RBY on mobile right now and reap MASSIVE dosh.

>having faith in Nintendy

SHIGGY DIGGY

another thread that will claim shares are money they got and that losing share values make them lose money now.

It's not even 1/4. They recently said it's 10% of what they want it to be at a panel.

it's worse than you think

Nah, GO isn't going to boost Sun and Moon sales very significantly when most of the audience only likes gen 1 mons and is only playing GO because it's a free game on a system they already have.

Pokemon go is owned by niantic. The mainline games are owned by gamefreak

oH Mai

No Fumina. Go back to Gundam.

Goes to show how moronic investors are and what little they base their decisions on. Nintendo not fully owning it and getting only a small portion was common knowledge for quite a while.

>Maybe stupid fucking Niantic shouldn't have released a 1/4-finished game
Seriously this.

I wanted to play it on my iPad mini, but it's literally broken.
Not just server issues like everyone gets, but full on crashes when it opens. It's shit.

Seriously, I don't see how this Pokemon Go isn't going to benefit Nintendo. I mean, they are in the fucking news for the first time in years again, that's just great publicity.

>iPad
You deserve a broken game.

>ingress
>popular
Literally never met a person in my life who plays this game or seen someone on here talk about it

Can't we just enjoy the tight bodies?

>Goes to show how moronic investors are and what little they base their decisions on. Nintendo not fully owning it and getting only a small portion was common knowledge for quite a while.
Do you seriously not fucking understand what investors actually do? It doesn't fucking matter if Nintendo makes any profit at all. What matters is that they have a lot of positive publicity and that the stock went up. They buy because of the stock not because of the company.
The stock went up so people bought until it stopped going up so people sold and it went down.

Nintendo don't even fully own Pokemon in general and a quick google search would tell you that

why are investors massive retards?

Sure. I guess.

>why are investors massive retards?
They literally aren't, they made a ton of money off off this.

It's a fucking mobile app, you shit.

Save the elitism for actual vidya at least.

Japanese businessmen are fucking awful at business decisions. I don't know how the fuck they manage it. But almost every single one of them are fucking retarded. From Nintendo to Capcom.

Most people think Nintendo when they think Pokemon, so it's not a surprise that they didn't know that Pokemon isn't 100% Nintendo. A ton of Pokemon products had (and still have) the "Nintendo seal of quality" on them too, which would probably confuse people even more. They do own a considerable amount of it, but mostly it's merch and mainline game exclusivity type stuff I suppose.

>investors think something retarded and put money down
>shocked when retarded thing everyone else knew isn't true
>now they can sell the stock for a price it was at before they were retarded

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

No, they sold it before it went down, which is the only reason it went down. Sure, half of the investors lost money, but the other half gained money.

Wait, how was it not obvious that Nintendo didn't have full rights to the game?

investors bought stock to fuel the bubble they saw appearing, then they all started selling and the bubble burst. a lot of people made a killing. youre a bit dumb

I kept seeing shit that sales for the 3DS skyrocketed because of Go

Well naturally. Any who kept hold of it was retarded, especially if they legitimately had shit info on what they were investing into. The people who made money? Smart. The ones caught off guard by Nintendo's announcement? Stupid.

>I didn't realize it was Hisasi at first glance.

Nintendo are a shit company.
Gamefreak are a shit company.

I know ganefreak are the original creators of the game(s), but they haven't exactly done much with it over the years. Sure it's been wildly successful, but the mainline games have been a series of constant rehashes ever since the original blue and red. I truly believe in the hands of someone else, Pokemon could have been so much more than it is today. For example, the series has been ripe for a an MMO for years, yet have we ever gotten one? Have we fuck. When I was a kid I fully expected a proper console Pokemon game in the same style as the handheld ones, but did we ever get one? Did. We. Fuck. The series is in the wrong hands, and it has been for a long, long time.

Whose that kissing her belly button... that haircut... IS THAT HITLER?

why do people obsess over nintendo's stock like it matters
why is nintendo even a publicly traded company when they have such a massive war chest?

Well, I'd love to do this for hours. But work calls.

See you.

>gamefreak try to do a game that isn't pokemon for once in over 10 years
>it sucks ass
>they try again
>it's just a fucking RNG sim
Pulseman 2 never ever. Even if we got it, it would suck ass. All of the cockteasing in Diamond and Pearl pissed me the fuck off.

10 million downloads says it isn't unpopular

>Pokemon Go is super, mega popular
>Gamefreak STILL hasn't released a 3D game on the WII U

This is Nintendo's top three most popular franchises. Why are they so lazy?

>gamefreak has no choice and never gets games published by other companies
Hello retard.

Actually I just looked at their official website and it even says 2016 Pokemon/Nintendo at the bottom.

then you need some sunlight in the worst way
and probably go to the hospital because your severely deficient in many healthy areas

Underrated post

But that isn't fucking news. It's common knowledge after a 3 second google search.