Where would you want the next, Fallout game to take place?

Where would you want the next, Fallout game to take place?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xzYmQyHl2bc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Balkans,

I want the series to just fucking die already, Bethesda never should have revived it.

Somewhere far away from Bethesda Studios and by a competent game developer.

In the fucking trash

I have no hope bethesda will produce anything of value with the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout

Has to be US.

The swampy might-as-well-be-radioactive shithole that is florida

The US has a total of 3 interesting settings: New York city, California, Steven King country.
If they're not going to set the game in one of those then it needs to be set in a different country.

This is a idealistic version, imagine if the best team possible was on the job

detroit

That's fucking boring. There's a whole rest of the world outside the US, lots of interesting shit there too

This.

Neither Black Isle or Bethesda would do a game outside of America

Too much of the iconic features (Super mutants and Vaults) are only in America, and Bethesda are hacks and rely too much on the 50s wacky vibe they have going

If Bethesda handed it to another developer I'd say Chicago. It'd be like F3 with the Enclave vs BoS except it wouldn't be typical 'good vs bad guy' again.

Could be in tares ting might be a lot of military protecting the borders of newly annexed Canada, after the war they protect the survivors, become slightly authoritarian, they think they are doing what's best but the people want blood

>If Bethesda handed it to another developer
Not going to happen.
This thread is fucking pointless.

Op seconds this

Oh shut it, if it wasn't for Bethesda then your shitty isometric Mad Max simulator would have died in obscurity. You should be glad they saved Fallout, otherwise we would never have gotten New Vegas.

I'd like to see cheap chinese knock off vaults

The Midwest done proper

I know :_:

>Where would you want the next, Fallout game to take place?
in obsidians offices, far away from bethesda and the hands of todd

If someone else had bought the series we could have gotten multiple New Vegases by now. BETTER ones not bound to an inferior game's assets.

You fucking moron.

In space !

Except, aesthetically, the game doesn't really work anywhere outside of America.
Fuck, I'd wager the game barely works on the East Coast.

Sure, part of why the East Coast games are so different is because of Bethesda, but even if Obsidian/Black Isle/Interplay/Troika did Fallout 3/4, it still would probably feel pretty removed from the series. It's gotta be West/South/Midwest.

If we're talking about an old school game, Oregan/Washington/Idaho.

If we're talking something like Fallout NV, then Portland. Maybe Seattle.

This is why we can't have nice threads

Other people were trying to buy the series you know, we might've not have gotten NV but we would definitely get a better product than 3 and 4.

Australia

In space, fuck the lore, pete hindes doesn't care so we might as well go full saints row 4 and just fuck about with the sandbox IP.

Fallout 5 In a space vault, but everyone is quirkey cowboys and indians, also synths are accepted and if you deny them freedom of movement through borders you're a fucking facist nazi, I'm just a normal person, and I hate synths as much as the next guy, but don't you think that the anti synths are just as bad? all they ever do is complain about synths, fucking racist bigots am I right?

Also there's gravity on the space planet because, here's the big reveal, they never left earth and it's just millions of years later and no one knows what "earth" is and shit, fucking pay me.

Sorry some of us live in the real fucking world, faggot.

The game is stylized after 1950's American pulp scifi comics. It wouldn't be Fallout without it and it makes no sense elsewhere in the world.

>implying I don't want the game to be obscure

>yfw EA buys Fallout

It will be the Pacific Northwest/California again or somewhere south/Florida.

Developed by Obsidian:
The Mojave or New California

Developed by Bethesda:
Somewhere in New England

In the andromeda galaxy.

real world is for niggers

Here's what I predict for the next Fallout game:

>No HP bar. Chems are removed and food is used exclusively for cooking minigames. Stimpacks work like non-addictive Jet and health regenerates instantly.
>Damage results in the screen turning red while your character holds his PipBoy to his face displaying "YOU ARE HURT. FIND COVER." in giant letters.
>Player is only allowed to hold two weapons of any kind. Inventory system is limited to ammo and crafting items.
>Armor is limited to limb add-ons and purchased via microtransactions based on the player's Charisma. This goes for large weapons as well.
>Every single environment is littered with chest-high walls. Sneak also doubles as a third-person cover system.
>All dungeons are one way corridors and pseudo corridors, with looting areas replaced by setpeices.
>Radiation mechanic is removed. Irradiated areas simply act as "RETURN TO THE COMBAT ZONE" states.
>Perks are removed altogether along with skills, with the only remaining option a selective straight increase of SPECIAL integers. Everything else is completely linear JRPG style.
>Dialogue options are completely removed, replaced with "press A to keep talking".
>During combat, player can spew profanities and make lewd gestures toward enemies using taunt buttons.
>Protagonist starts game in a vault overrun by super mutants only to be liberated by the Brotherhood of Steel which he joins immediately.
>Plot twist involves protagonist being the President of the United States with amnesia.
>Super mutants are retconned as the result of a joint Russian/Chinese project and FEV was conceived for biological warfare.
>Power Armor is available from the very beginning of the game but only as unlockable DLC.
>Factions are removed entirely. Player is allied with the BoS at all times.
>Engine locked at 30 fps.
>Mouse disabled in PipBoy and menus.
>Game Over screen is Vault Boy flipping the player off with one hand and $60 in marked bills in the other.

Watch the interview with Tim Cain, there was more passion for that Mad Max simulator, than Bethesda does for their "Cash Cow", don't get me wrong Bethesda has been having trouble dealing with success since, Morriwind, they used to try to make good games but, for some reason they seem to only care about the $$

I just want obsidian to make it with a full 5 year dev cycle this time.

I like what 2 and NV did; just shift the map slightly so there are still familiar factions/people that actually make sense to be there, but far enough away where it's an interesting new location with new factions and problems to be dealt with. That said,

-Rocky Mountains. I want to see Denver and how it's infested with dogs. Plus, Utah/Wyoming would be a good spot for the Khans to settle down.

-Washington and British Columbia. Might be neat to see some Canuck ghouls still pissed about the occupation. Plus, F2 already had a city of Chinese so Vancouver would be like pottery.

-Northern Mexico. Crank the cowboy shit up.

Seattle. One of New Vegas' endings has The Followers and Khans building an empire in Oregon, and I've wanted a Followers-centric game since the original Fallout.

Plus, Obsidian likes to stick to the west coast but wants to leave the NCR for their next game, so that limits them to - pretty much - just Oregon and Washington state. Not to mention that some Seattle stuff was already fleshed out during the development of PV13.

Canada. It's a part of the U.S. in the Fallout universe. There'd be tons of cool background lore we could learn if it was placed there, and there would be a lot of potential for new enemies and factions.

Too bad this thread doesn't matter because any new Fallout games that are going to be released will be watered down garbage.

Dude, Oregon is Tribal country as well.

L O N D O N

Not to shill but I'm writing a Fallout PnP right now

Post-Legion Arizona where the legion fell apart and people are starting to use technology again.

>followers
>empire

Not with the mindset of their leadership they don't.

Unless you tame the tribes and get Caesar's Legion all over again

Troika almost got it but lost to Bethesda. They even had a half-made Fallout 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=xzYmQyHl2bc

Bethesda goes where the money goes, and the game that has sold the most by far is the one they developed.

It just makes good business sense.

The franchise is ruined now.
Fallout 3 and New Vegas tried to build something.
Then Fallout 4 came with Todd's IT JUST WORKS(TM) and shat on the whole series.
There's no recovering from that, just let it fucking die.

The Ukraine.

New Vegas and Dead Money was cool so maybe like Central America or Caribbeans, Russia, China. I don't know after FO4, the US setting got extremely boring to me. Unless they go to Southern US like Louisiana because of spooky shit.

Texas or Jefferson

what the fuck this makes me even more mad

Bethesda is actually worse than EA, I wish Wolfenstein and Dishonored weren't good so I wouldn't have to give pete hines the used car salesman any more money

Yeah but it will have to be a slice of the state, maybe the Texaplex

>Bethesda
Philadelphia

>Obsidian
Seattle

>Other developer
Chicago

>yfw rockstar buys and makes fallout

>people wanting a Fallout game set outside of the US
>people wanting a Fallout game set outside of a desert

>Fallout outside of the USA

Dude why not have STALKER set in Mexico or a Star Wars movie set in the stone age lmao

Yep, and thus it would allow for many new factions and give a believable reason for why the Khans were able to assimilate so many people into their new empire.

Well yes, of course it would be Legion 2.0, though I do actually think that it wouldn't be QUITE as bad as The Legion since The Followers are providing proper education. Plus, the Followers finally confronting the repercussions of their idealism can catalyze them being a far more powerful force.

>implying fallout never went to Northern California

In an alternate alternate universe where things look normal instead of like the 1950s.

Is this a joke

The whole of the USA is a desert m8. Fallout follows 50s pulp logic. Atomic wastelands are barren deserts.

It's the same logic as people wanting it outside of the USA

But shut regrows (albeit mutated) there are forests in 2

The question was where I'd like it to take place, not where I realistically expect or hope it to take place.

Western Texas. Oil n' shiet as well as the potential for some light Legion actions.

That shits in the face of the lore and core elements of the game

Texas.

Why would you want that though. Why not play Metro if you want a post apocalyptic game that isn't set in the Fallout world or in the USA

Never been to west Texas but from what I hear and see on maps it's desert mainly right?

HOWDY Y'ALL

To a degree. The wasteland trees were autumnal and barren with some desert plants growing in between. The Wasteland doesn't have any green outside of havens like Vault City.

Because America is kind of a shitty place right now and there's a big wide world out there with countries equally great if you ever decide to get off your couch.

America has guns, the most hilariously low brow political system around, the most expensive higher education and the most bankruptingly corrupt medical system in the developed world.

It's only the greatest nation in the mind of guys on rascals who don't figure there's any point to stepping outside it's borders.

Yeah, but you could easily just make new entirely post-war towns with a few real old world ones scattered around.

London or Paris would be cool.

Hence my acknowledgement that it could never happen and I don't expect it to happen.

What I'd really like is a sci-fi TES equivalent, with the same kind of open world, gameplay, and moddability, but in a world that isn't destroyed and with an aesthetic that's more like Mass Effect.

Metro isn't an RPG.

They're the same people who are responsible for Aliens in Antarctica and Jason Voorhees on a space station.

I assume this is bait, just as you assumed I was American.

>Metro isn't an RPG

Neither is Fallout 4

Fallout 4 isn't an RPG either

Yeah the panhandle seems like a more suitable place for a civilization to grow from though

Honestly I think a big reason Bethesda lost a lot of their atmosphere of Fallout 3 with Fallout 4 was because they were no longer making an area they knew well, so I think they should return to cities nearby the Bethesda HQ like Annapolis or Baltimore.

Alaska
>Plenty of room for military bases, intrigue regarding Anchorage and the war
>Radioactive snowstorms
>Main plot could involve some lost facility/weapon left behind from the war that the local factions are looking for
>Some of the companions could be a ghoulified Pre-War soldier, a husky for the obligatory dog, and a hunter from a tribal group based on the Inuits
>Radpuffins

Everything he said is true. There's only one part where I'd disagree with him:

>It's only the greatest nation in the mind of guys on rascals who don't figure there's any point to stepping outside it's borders.
Or in the minds of super-rich plutocrats.

I neither own nor defend Fallout 4.

>Radpuffins

Trying Too Hard: The Post

Hawaii
Texas
Florida
New Orleans
Great Lakes area

I was hoping that in Fallout 4, or a DLC, you'd get to go to New Hampshire since the base game takes place in the Boston area. My home state doesn't get any representation in vidya.

we start exploring other countries,ex. China and Canada. Starting point would be in the U.S as usual and we could travel thanks to new advancement/rediscovered cache of vehicles/aircrafts/military blimp(brotherhood).

Bitch I'm from Texas, my state has the worst game in the franchise

>hey, let's set fallout in europe or something! that way there won't be super mutants, enclave, ncr, followers, khans, bos, institute, fev, vault-tec, west-tek, chinese invaders, deathclaws, radscorpions, power armor or any of that iconic fallout visual style!
>we'll call it metro, stalker or mad max!

What he said was pseudo-political dribble that has nothing to do with video games or Fallout.

People don't want Fallout out of the USA because the specific brand of 50s retro futurism is literally integral to the setting. Not because they think America is the best or whatever retarded shit you were trying to say.