"""Heroes""" who did nothing right

>"""Heroes""" who did nothing right

Seriously, what the fuck was his problem? Did he lose all sense of morality and project his feeling for his daughter onto Ellie? When confronted with the fact that the nigger was right and Ellie did indeed want to die if it meant saving the world, he just lies straight to her face. He got progressively more violent as the game went on.

>Seriously, what the fuck was his problem? Did he lose all sense of morality and project his feeling for his daughter onto Ellie?
Yes you fucking moron thats exactly what happened.

>Did he lose all sense of morality

don't use words you don't know the meaning of

There's also the fact that the Fireflies already experimented on several girls like Ellie that were immune but got fuck all results.
Of course Ellie didn't know this.

>There's also the fact that the Fireflies already experimented on several girls like Ellie that were immune but got fuck all results
He made that up on the spot you fucking retard. That never happened, which makes what he did even worse.

>Morality: principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.

it's exactly what happened.

>character has an understandable emotional response in a pretty well written scenareo
>girl who became his second daughter over months of travel, bonding, hardship, saving each others lives and even some good times too, is going to die to maybe, but probably not, help find a cure and he can't deal with losing her, as it would be like losing his own daughter all over again
>WTF WOT A RETARD HE CUD HAV SAVED THE WURLD

I hated Joel, i don't why this games story gets so much praise.

Considering how fucked up the human bandits were that they encountered on the journey there, i wouldve said fuck you too by the end of it all as well

This.
Ellie was just another test subject at the berries end. Did Joel act selfishly because he saw Ellie as his daughter? Of course. Would sacrificing Ellie to the fireflies have created the vaccine needed to cure the fungus plague? Possibly not. The world was fucked to begin with. Even with the cure, the thought of finding and curing EVERYONE and the expecting everyone to play nice and rebuild civilization is almost impossible at that point

Well considering you can't spell and construct a single complete sentence its probably too conplex for you.

He should have been on that boat

>Character established as a burdened badass
>Instead of finishing up the character development and making the big sacrifice he throws it all out and shows that he is controlled completely by his feelings and lets them cloud his judgment

>conplex
(You)

*complex

I think most of Sup Forums is beyond retarded on this guy's moral stance

to switch characters; would batman let a little girl die unwillingly for a small chance to save humanity?

if the situation seems objectionable to you, then congratulations, you're not a closet psychopath

(also it's worth noting that the damage has already been done in the world of TLOU, and that most people have found ways with dealing with the viral outbreak)

But morality is subjective.

You thought your quest so righteous. So true, pure. You were cursed, after all, thrust into a dangerous world you could never escape from...only move forward or dive into despair.

So you moved forward. You slayed anyone in your way. Took powerful souls, not to rid the world of evil, but to take the power for yourself.

How many like you did you kill? How many of the hollows, the once-proud knights and wise sorcerers, were once like you? Thrust into a world they could never escape from, only move forward? They were all cursed. You did not pity them, only silenced them. Link the flame, continue the cycle, delve the wold into darkness, and one day even darkness will fade...or burst back into light.

You sacrificed honor, justice, and even dignity to do these things. You killed poor souls, evil souls, great souls and good ones, and for what?

For nothing. For nothing at all.

He didn't want to give his fuck toy away. I don't really blame him.

Are people retarded? Joel made the thing about the other people with immunity up to make Ellie feel better. There was no truth in it. She was the one and only key to the cure, it was guaranteed.

>(also it's worth noting that the damage has already been done in the world of TLOU, and that most people have found ways with dealing with the viral outbreak)
Because a vaccine granting immunity to Cordcepys spores and infected attacks is the same as constantly wearing gas masks and maintaining anti-zombie defenses.

leaving Quiet to die is one thing he did right.

>Slayed anyone in your way
Capra Demon shot first

Didn't bother me because it crossed my mind that there's just no way that Ellie is the only person in the world who is immune to the spores, and that the Fireflies are the only people working on a cure. That just seems extremely unlikely.

murdering Marlene in cold blood when she was unarmed and wanted to talk went beyond any sort of moral relativity.

I don't think I've ever hated a character's lack of presence as much as I have with Venom's

He's literally fucking nothing

> you still haven't learned that humans aren't perfect

Life isn't scripted user. We're all going to die in not entirely novel ways.

Are you trolling or functionally retarded?

The man was a father and the loss of his daughter fucked him. Ellie was basically a surrogate daughter to him. Ask any parent in the world what they'd do in the exact same shoes and almost all of them wouldn't think twice about saving their own child. He became a "badass" because of his adaption to the environment, but a large part of the game was how Ellie and Joel bonded and he effectively he found Sarah in Ellie.

Like no dad in the world that loves his kid would sacrifice them for that.

This crossed my mind too, it was probably intentional: Wouldn't other places be fine?

Fungus only grows in certain conditions, wouldn't places like the Southwest, North Africa, and The Middle East where it's dry and hot remain unaffected?

But in his mind you can imagine that Marlene lost the privilege to talk. It just wasn't an option anymore, she crossed a line for him.

There's no reason to assume the Fireflies would ever succeed in their little cure quest. During the game they fucked up nearly everything they tried. I wouldn't let my kid die for a 1% chance of a vaccine either.

the moral of the story is there is no moral

If he was a good father he would have let her sacrifice herself

>father does not sacrifice his daughter "for the greater good"
>mfw this somehow surprises people

how did anyone expect anything else to happen? and why is it even worth talking about? at no point does the game try to make you think he did the "right" thing; he did the selfish thing because he loves Ellie.

the beasts had it coming

Underrated

Real people aren't interesting
2D and the occasional text for the win

>Morality
>Subjective
Please read up on philosophy.

>every hero has to be a goody two shoes who puts others before himself

anti-heroes are a thing

The age of fire was meant to end.

Gwynn started the fight. I'm just ending it.

Cordyceps fungi are highly adaptable, but yeah, they prefer a more humid climate. Chances are that there are some pockets of humanity that remain mostly unaffected.

These two did not do anything right in pretty much their entire lives and yet I still love them

The fireflies were getting killed like crazy in nearly every encounter you find them in, and the attempt to get the cure is said in game to be really risky and unlikely to succeed.

EVEN IF they got it and it worked, then its gonna be really fucking hard to distribute the cure. Plus one of the thousands of roving bandit games would probably just steal it anyway and use it for themselves.

Joel's attachment aside, killing Ellie for a terrible chance at saving humanity was a dumb move. Humanity in that universe probably doesn't even deserve it.

Would a good father necessarily do that? That's a pretty big moral quandary and you can definitely look at it both ways when it comes to understanding or looking at the role of a parent.

Joel is clearly not making a decision based on what's "best" but I dont think that means his decision was entirely wrong since it was one made out of love. But he was definitely full ready to murder innocent people to protect her.

It might even be possible to suggest that the person Joel was before losing Sarah and before the outbreak might have been the type of father or person to let his child make that choice. But after losing one kid and having to deal with that loss and pain and becoming the person he is, I dont think there was any other choice he'd be capable of making than the one he did.

except everyone was turning into a monster or monsters were killing and eating everyone

your essientaly a guy thrown into a free for all soul buffet moshpit that comes out victorious

fuck off fag
souls heroes did nothing wrong
the world/town was fucked to begin with and your just playing your forced part and giving people coup de graces

why did they have to remove her entire brain? Was a biopsy out of the question?

There's also the fact that people seem to be surviving and in cases like with Joel's brother, even beginning to rebuild civilization. All the fireflies have managed to do is suck and die, in that order.

The fireflies are incompetent retards that don't know what they're doing.

You are retarded, all morality is subjective

Fireflies are incompetent, but it's more likely to be just shitty writing.

I felt like I could see things from Brad's point of view sometimes but Buddy was a little monster

There's literally files you can find saying so

Here is the retard, now please graduate high school and then try your best to get into a community college. While there trying to graduate at your shit major, please attempt to take a philosophy class, preferably ethics, and then ask him to enlighten you as to why there is such a thing as objective morality. Afterward go fuck off.

I remember looking up the medical procedure by which they would do the same thing, and it does not has to kill the person, so clearly their surgeon was a fucking idiot.

please then do your duty and stamp out ignorance. define objective morality

>learnt philosophy off wikipedia: the post
You're cute. Which words do you need help with, subjectivity, philosophy or morality? I'm here for ya big guy

He isn't even the same guy as before.

But Don't you think history shows that different people in different cultures have simply had different values and morals?

Is cannibalism or human sacrifice subjective or objective?

>People who failed high school.

jokes on you faggot i dropped out in the 4th grade

Even Kant couldn't prove morality is objective you fucking moron. Try reading a book instead of copying other people's opinions off the internet. Kids today are so stupid for how pretentious they are

It's true I almost did but you aren't explaining your point. You're insulting and berating people disagreeing with you and not providing an argument.

And before you tell me to go read such and such, no. I want YOU to provide the argument. Not some essay.

I can tell from your grammar.

Nice comeback there buddy. You're yet to provide any points that isn't insulting the other person. That's called a straw man argument, in case you don't know.

>An unstable monster spends months slaughtering people across America
>Surely nothing will happen if this character who he is attached to is forced away for him

Ether way those faggots had it coming for cheap shotting him in the face.

Right, because philosophy has reached a conclusion on that.
kys

Humanity isn't worth saving.

I tired of this shitty argument everytime some fag finishes this game

HE DOESNT GIVE A MUCH OF A SHIT ABOUT HUMANITY
HE CARES ABOUT ELLIE
THAT'S IT, THE END
ITS NOT AN RPG HE'S A DEFINED CHARACTER, AND HIS BEHAVIOR IS PERFECTLY CONSISTENT

It was mostly a matter of their upbringings giving them some skewed moral compasses. An argument could be made for and against what both of them and even Rando wanted. Brad wanted to prove he wasn't like his dad by protecting Buddy at all costs, Buddy assumed that anybody in a position to use her would, considering her experiences with everyone else up to that point.

Joel did nothing wrong. The surgery would have killed Ellie and nothing would have come from it. The Fireflies were on the verge of mutiny against Marlene and if that didn't happen (and they somehow got the "cure") they would have become eugenicists by disallowing it from people they found undesirable.

Way to miss the subtext of the game, bucko.

This. Did they even pay him? That was the whole reason he took the job in the first place wasn't it? You don't pay a man, and treat him like shit, and take away his replacement daughter, you don't get to act surprised when he goes off on you.

I really liked how Joel somehow built up this reputation of being a monstrous killer despite being from a different State.

If I recall after he first gets better and confronts David's crew, some of them actually retreat when they see him.

>Person in high school who thinks the seniors are SO smart

One of the first things you learn in college is that your last twelve years of education was just a bunch of overly-abridged entry level factoids mixed with the occasional outright lie. The founding fathers only pushed for American independence because it would profit their own trading company.

They run away because he'd already killed a bunch of them while you were trekking to David's town. You can overhear them cursing him while in the university campus.

I remember when people complained that small details like that weren't in the full game. But a few months after it came out it was shown that these small details can be missed easily.

>A part in one of the trailers shows a guy begging for mercy when you point your gun at him.
>People complained it wasn't in the full game
>I got the animation during the escape from Pittsburgh chapter
>People felt like retards months later.

>Art Degree

their surgeons were probably not even remotely qualified to do any form of brain surgery without killing the patient

You don't even have to go to College to learn that.

>Guy begs for mercy
>Don't shoot him
>He gets up and fights again

So this... is the power of... Naughty Dog...
Wooooow

The same Marlene that took Ellie from Joel, didn't live up to her end of the bargain, and told her men that if he tried anything kill him. That wasn't murder in cold blood. If the situation were the reverse she would have done the same thing Joel did.
Also the Fireflies would have killed Ellie for no reason. On the snowball's chance they did make a cure they would just be overrun by bandits that wanted their clothing and supplies. Bandits that wouldn't understand or care that the Fireflies had a cure. The cure would end up lost.

TLoU 2 fucking when ND?

Nigga what the fuck do you expect a bandit to do if you let him live, not try to backstab you?

they can see in Joel's eyes that he has no intention of letting them go, and they know from hearing from their buddies that he is a merciless killer, so they perceive your not shooting them as a weakness that they can potentially exploit (as it would be their only opportunity to escape alive)

She should of had sex with her, there aren't cops anymore so it's free game to her 12yo pussy

There literally isn't. In fact, the Fireflies files you find say the exact opposite. Someone on Sup Forums just started making this claim and idiots who never 100%'ed the game started believing it.

he would get infected you dumbass

>If I recall after he first gets better and confronts David's crew, some of them actually retreat when they see him.
Yeah, shortly after he wakes up. Five of them come in, you shoot one or two, they realize who you are and panic.

>DON'T LET HIM GET YOU!
>RUN!

Ha

>hates a character
>so game sucks

Worth it

>Oh whats that? Your letting me go? Oh you just turned your back on me?
>Dont worry pal, even after you killed all my friends I'm TOTALLY NOT gonna take out my gun and shot you in the back of the head.

Ad hominem says: Hi user. Leave Sup Forums. It's break time.

How does the infection spread?

I first thought this was bait, but holy fuck have i seen people complain about this far too often.

They came in expecting Nathan Drake Dad of the Year. Instead got a story about a guy who didnt want to see another young child die.

he should have killed both of the blacky blacks as soon as he saw them

>Joel
>Losing all sense of morality

These are just bait threads to talk about TLoU, but Joel never had morals. He was a sad old man that was dead inside and wanted a daughter to protect.

The Fireflies were idiots and were picking fights with everyone and losing, and just in the short trip Joel made they had already been over halfway wiped out and Joel SINGLE-HANDEDLY took out the leader and a hundred more. They weren't making no cure, no vaccine. They would have killed a girl for no reason.

if it spreads through saliva, scratches, bites and and spores then I'm pretty sure it can spread through sex too

Airborne through the spores that infected dead bodies that're overgrown with Cordyceps produce, or through bodily fluids (specifically bites) from the infected.

Read the wikia faggot

How would they have even distribuited the vaccine?

>They weren't making no cure, no vaccine. They would have killed a girl for no reason.
Except they were. Didn't you even play the game? Or do you spout memes and misinformation that retards on Sup Forums make up?

Post a link showing that. Because I'm looking at my 100% save file right now as I type this, reading the Fireflies artifacts and they all contradict you.

So go on, prove your claim. I'll wait.