How do we fix it?

How do we fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fY3Cgqf5TFk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Buh STORY MODE WILL SAVE IT !!

I didn't quite follow SFV. What was its problem?

It doesn't need fixing.
Sony paid for development, and the game is huge in the esports world. They'll make most of their money on advertising.

>some random fags twitter post

MODS!!!

They should have never made story mode in the first place. I guarantee it would've sold more had they not promised something and not have it at launch.

free the boobs

Let it wallow in the tourney scene pretending to make money.

B-BUT MUH STORY MODE WILL BRING CASUALS BACK

B-BUT MUH 5000 EVO ENTRANTS

B-BUT TOURNEYFAGS ALONE ARE THE BIGGEST CROWD

They released it a year early because they didn't want another year of SF4 at the capcom pro tour.

Game is unfinished and they are struggling to update it at the speed they first announced.

Reminder that this is the guy who "leaked" DMC5 for E3 2016.

Launched with early access levels of content, still priced at $60.

ugly wheter you like anime style or realistic style, plays like baby's first game, few characters, but they avoided the iconic ones in favor of meme ones.also nearly unplayable online at launch. nobody recovers from a failed launch.

This is what happens when you try to pander to FGCunts.

>IV sells 8 million in 8 years over 5 versions across 5 different platforms
HUGE SUCCESS
>V sells 1.8 million in 6 months on only 2
WHAT A BLUNDER

I seriously wonder what makes people so retarded these days.

>release casual crap that casuals can't actually compete in
>yet gameplay is so casual that even the pros find it boring

She's done, boys.

Reminder that the quarter being talked about ended June 30th, meaning we won't know if EVO actually had any influence until next quarters report. Additionally, this is about retailers buying copies to put on shelves, not consumers. Context is key here.

That will teach them not to censor games.

who are you quoting

Make it less shit.

Needs more flashy moves, it has objectively less spectacle than IV. Characters should have like 3 different flashy ultras to choose from instead of just one. Even if they're slightly different it breaks up the current tedium.

>casuals can't actually compete in
SFV can be played at tourney level by literal kids. It's shallow as fuck and doesn't have any execution skill cap.

>random fag

Nigga, Zhuge is based as fuck.

Why do tourneyfags think they are the only ones that matter?

Maybe fix the things pcfags have been complaining about. They were meant to provide your slow-burn long term sales weren't they?

Just a thought

If SFV launched with the content it has today (A Shadow Falls, Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Challenges, Shop, good netcode) It would've been amazingly recieved. Problem is, it had such a shitty launch that normalfags will dismiss it as garbage no matter what.

Guys I just bought the game and I can't find the arcade mode, help.

Seeing as how Capcom's target launch sales were 2 million, it is technically a failure sales-wise.

But I bought a copy a few weeks ago.

Read: ()

yeah, this doesn't even tell us anything about everyone who bought it digital like 100% of PC players.

How the hell did this launch with very little content? Does Street Fighter cost a good ten million to produce?

I could've sworn I've seen this game for 24$ at some point, too.

Most of copies of a game are sold within the first 3 months. That number isnt going to get any higher.

>across 5 different platforms

For the publisher, it doesnt matter. They only see how much money it made, and it didnt make much. Not so much a blunder like people say, but a disappointment nonetherless.

Flashy moves aren't the problem the problem is a lack of scope for creativity in combos. The game is so easy to play there is no avenue for expression like there is in USF4.

This entry is the easiest to get into to date. Even super turbo is more than spam normals.

What character should I play if I just want to make people upset

But Gamer Gate told me sex sells...

They don't, the FGC has constantly shit-talked SFV for it's lack of content and plenty of people have admitted they're only playing SFV because of the Pro Tour dollarydoos.

Nash or Chun Li

t. Zhuge

Where are all the SJW's who were going to buy the game when it got censored?

mika

>there are people on this board right now that actually think this

I work for Gamestop, he's lying.

Capcom and Ono (the producer) will never give a clear reason, but many people believe it was launched early in order to replace USFIV at Capcom Pro Tour events, the hope being that CPT events would get people to buy the game.

They catered too much to the pros and forgot about the rest. Pros were itching to have SFV available for a few months before EVO to get good with it and the game suffered a massively rushed release. They should've postponed it to a month before EVO or something, considering it's essentially free advertising.

Nigger nothing in SFV is attractive. I can't even find chun-li hot.

Maybe people will actually play hype anime games now instead of Baby Fighter V.

Actually, who am I kidding, the normalfags will probably just go play KI or other western trash.

>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons
>Slow as shit movement and walk speed
>Huge floaty jumps with next to no horizontal range
>Tiny ranged normal's
>Tiny hitboxes on everything
>Normal's have a shitty priority system
>Throws are slow as shit with no range
>Links are gone and combos are now mashable
>Huge buffer window
>No close standing attacks
>No neutral jump attacks
>Dizzy making people fall out of combos
>Game is full of comeback mechanics desinged to "lower the effectivness of player skill"
>Only super can chip kill
>V-Trigger a huge universal buff you get as a rewarded for losing
>V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing
>Receve less damage the less health you have
>Worst roster in a street fighter game to date fan favorites replaced with characters no one wanted like birdie and rmika
>Risk/Reward is skewed due to high damage from jump ins yet pitifully low damage on anti airs and how you can no longer get large damage punishes from a jab
>Huge amounts input lag
>Constant fps loss on ps4 and high end PC's
>Random input drops
>Dumbed down mechanics
>Top players already saying the game is casual garbage
>P2W
>Game literally released in an unfinished state
>Online doesn't work correctly
>No punishment for rage quitters
>lobbies that dont even work most of the time with no flags or ping
>8 frames of input lag

Casual story mode garbage isn't going to somehow make the game not a pile of shit

I, as anyone else, will wait for the Ultra Hyper Definitive edition Redux: Remastered Repackage from them.

And that's if they, maybe, return Cammy's nipples.

Did they fix the input delay yet?

>nobody recovers from a failed launch
Final Fantasy 14 not only recovered but became one of the most popular MMOs.

Don't release an unfinished game which only caters towards FGCfags

They were having a bad fiscal year, so they set launch right before the end in hopes of squeezing more sales in for the investor meeting. CEO later apologized.

Mika is garbage though

Only scrubs lose to her

What does this mean for the future of official lewds?

More or less?

>>Only super can chip kill
Fuck you that is the best part of V

Is it even possible for a game to sell 0 copies in a whole 3 months?

>How do we fix this?

Capcom swallows their pride and releases it on the Xbone. I think they'd get another million in sales easy.

Clearly they need to release the Linux version they promised.

LITERALLY NEGATIVE SALES

What fantasy land do you live in?

Seriously just release it on xbox I can garunte a good 200k-500k copies first 2 weeks

I can see that. Unfortunate that it came to that, seems the game is still broken on some fronts. Thanks for that tidbit

>Capcom swallows their pride and releases it on the Xbone
They'd have to talk to Sony about that.

>rewarded for turtling

No.

It's the horrific artstyle and faces.

Theoretically Karin should be cute, but she's not. No one is cute. You can talk about sex appeal all you want, but combine that with butter faces and weird proportions and it dies instantly.

I read somewhere that Sony paid capcom a fuckload of money to buy exclusivity and rush production for an early release

They'll just release a Super version.

Don't forget the shit initial roster. I have literally never seen a worse starting roster in a SF game.

Sell in.

That means, Capcom didn't send more copies to retailers. Retailers haven't sold their current stock of SFV discs. They are collecting dust in a warehouse.

did capcom actualy think people who wanted a finished game and skiped the launch version wouldnt get the game used?
are they retarded?

karin's like 30. She's past "cute" phase.

I agree with this. The "optimal way to play" character philosophy turns the game into a shitty job.

>what are throws
>what are overheads
fucking scrub

The release date was pushed up by Sony so it would be out in time for Evo because it's a huge advertising opportunity + They wanted to get people off USFIV since people were playing that on 360.

Ibuki is cute outside of her victory animation.

>bring back the rest of the sf2 cast (to draw in more old fans who don't really play anymore)
>take a poll for the rest of the characters not in yet and put in the 6 highest voted for characters
>add arcade mode for the single player people
remove the priority system (it doesn't work anyway)

The man hands and clown feet kill it.

>How the hell did this launch with very little content?
It released early for tournaments. SFV at launch was basically early access. No one knew that and bought an incomplete.

Capcom had good intentions but they probably should have waited. At least call it Early Tournament edition.

>flashy moves
Too many of the "flashy" moves were retarded like Akuma twirling around like Tazzmanian Devil. I also don't like so much cinematic shit.

read the rest of the post to realize how wrong you are.

Oh I see I thought it was more of a "Microsoft didn't want to outbid Sony for exclusivity" instead of "Sony straight up paid them to not release on Xbone"

>Receive less damage the less health you have

SFIV had this as well, it's called damage scaling.

>Failed to sell ANY copies in three months

...How the fuck is that even possible? If you're not Battleborn?

epic meme friend
heres a you XDD

Rename it Mortal Kombat. Or Tekken. Then it will actually sell.

see

Indications say it was more "Sony paid them so they could make the game."

Nope, still 8 frame delay.

But don't worry they'll keep censoring the game and pushing more and more "premium" costumes.

It most likely sold less than 5000. To a major company, that's like selling nothing.

Everyone who was interested bought the game at launch. Everything circling about the game has been negative and it's already dying, so why the fuck would anyone buy a copy now?

serves them right for this abomination
youtube.com/watch?v=fY3Cgqf5TFk

If I just want to win with the least amount of effort possible who do I play

Cammy?

Bring back the old Ken... I can't stand this new ugly fuck

Release a GOTY edition and remove the ugly drawn cutscenes

Reminder that MKX outsold sfv and broke records and Netherrealms new fighter is around the corner with 30+ characters at launch

How do capcucks even compete?

Seconding this, the characters are supposed to be older, and this isn't your typical weeb sameface shit.

Cammy's redesign was a concession because neckbeards freaked out when they saw she was aging like a typical white person in the beta.

Capcom had neither the money nor the will to make a fifth Street Fighter.

Sony funded it thinking it would be a great business decision.

Vanilla SFIV sold pretty badly on release aswell.

Nash.