Which vanilla Bloodborne main story boss was the hardest?

Which vanilla Bloodborne main story boss was the hardest?

>bloodborne
No one cares. Fuck off.

Are we talking Chalice Dungeons as well? Because then defiled hot dog.

Probably Rom... but that's more of a cheesefest than a boss

>It's still triggering people 18 months later

name a game you like

>no one cares about one of the greatest games ever made and undoubtedly the best souls game
So what, you can't play it, right?

The Witcher 3.
Now that's an actual masterpĂ­ece. Not your little NES-like title.

>Wears Grey Ash set with plague doctor mask with sedatives with my hot bar
:^) Checkmate

Fuck this bitch.

>The Witcher

I honestly thought the dog was easier than the defiled amygdala, had a nasty time beating it.

If chalices don't count, then Ebrietas probably. Without co-op ofc.

Rom

>there are people that think any souls game is that good

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All the bosses int he chalice dungeons are easy (barring the Loran Darkbeast)

hardest? other than chalice trash ebrietas, or pre patch rom
best?
gehrman
defiled hotdog was an easy pussy
the only hard boss in the defiled chalice is amygfuckyourself

>Vicar Amelia
>hard
>when you can stunlock her and then visceral her into oblivion

>le Amygdala is hard meme

Yeah, nah, it's definitely an achievement in world building, gameplay, graphics, and non-linear story telling through the environment.

How about you talk about what games you think are better user, instead of just laughing like a retard?

Not counting defiled shit it's Ebrietas. Giant hitboxes everywhere, nigh-undodgeable charge, and call from beyond on steroids.

Headless bloodletting beast if you don't count defiled watch dog.

The story bosses just don't compare.

>Bloodborne
>non linear

Now I know you're trolling.

Also its gameplay isn't innovative like you think it is. IT's just a faster version of Demon's Souls combat on a newer engine. Graphics are shit and Bloodborne's visual fidelity really isn't that good. You actually need to look at things to see how badly they look. It just has a nice art style and the Chromatic Aberration makes it look unique.

It also really doesn't do much deliberate world building. most stuff int he game is ambiguous as to stay in tune with Lovecraftian storytelling (i.e. be as ambiguous as possible)

You're really pushing it.

(you)

If we were to count dlc, there would be a unanimous vote on Laurence, right?

>Cleric Beast 2.0
>hard

I do want to fuck her. :(

Dude, that nigga was waaaay harder than the others, even Orphan.

>Cleric Beast 2.0
>Hard

Maybe if you're retarded.

The playthrough matters too. He's piss on the first/second playthrough, then ramps like shit.

The boss is the exact same, the only difference is the amount of health it has.

If you think having more health makes the boss hard, a boss that you can constantly stun by hitting in the arms no less, you're just bad at the game.

Am I fucked if I play the DLC in NG+?

Except I didn't say it was non linear, I said it employed non-linear story telling by not relying on expository heavy dialogue to tell it's story, instead relying on the player's intuition and curiosity to fill out the gaps and gather what happened based on the environments.

I didn't say the gameplay was innovative either, it's the Souls combat system refined to a mirror sheen. It's fast, meaty, and weighted, with detailed weapon movesets that all feel unique. It might not be fucking Battlefront in terms of graphical prowess but the game looks incredible, it's not just the chromatic aberration. Areas like the entrance of the Hunter's Nightmare, the Fishing Hamlet, certain parts of Mensis, the Nightmare Frontier, and Cainhurst look fantastic, and the amount of effort put into designing the unique Yarnhamites architecture is apparent. It looks fantastic.

You probably have played it so I don't know how you can say the game doesn't do much world building when it follows the traditional item description heavy explanations to many of the game's mysteries, but it establishes a number of factions with unique motives and ambitions, almost entirely through the environment. Areas like Ya'hargul tell entire stories about what Mensis had planned to do, areas like the Hunter's Nightmare are steeped in symbology, and NPC's like Alfred, Arianna, Annalise, and more do a good job at representing the ideologies of the different characters that inhabit Yarnham and go a long way in fleshing out the world. I fully believe that BB is one of the best games ever made.

(You)

I agree, I've beaten defiled hotdog probably 30-50 times and I think he's much easier than defiled amygdala. I think Loran Darkbeast and Pthumerian descendant are harder than defiled hotdog.

And the amount of damage it deals, meaning not only does it take longer to kill, but it has more chances to kill you.

Have you even fought it? The fight does not play out like the fight with the OG cleric beast, bar the first 15-25% of it's health.

Loran Darkbeast was a pain too, harder than the watchdog for sure. Yharnam was surprisingly easy imo, being one of the last pthumeru bosses and whatnot.

Apparently someone can't get past demon's souls
>play bloodborne for the 1st
>"what the hell is this? Dark souls with guns?"
>spend half an hour making character
>spawn in iosefka's clinic
>die from wolf
>"What the fuck this game is bullshit"
>proceed to go out of hunters dream forgetting weapons
>dies to wolf again
>"fuck this game it's stupid"
Is your name Phil by any chance?

>Except I didn't say it was non linear, I said it employed non-linear story telling by not relying on expository heavy dialogue to tell it's story, instead relying on the player's intuition and curiosity to fill out the gaps and gather what happened based on the environments.
So, something that every single game int he series has done? From even did this from before Demon's Souls was even made. Have you never heard of Kings Field? Why do you only attribute it to Bloodborne? That kind of storytelling isn't unique at all.

>didn't say the gameplay was innovative either, it's the Souls combat system refined to a mirror sheen.
Souls combat at its core is extremely flawed and relies on high input delay to make the game seem hard. Don't forget how each game is poorly coded and has bad hitboxes to phantom damage is a common complaint.

>the game looks incredible
It really, REALLY doesn't. It just has a good artstyle and the CA makes it look unique. The graphiacl fidelity is actually pretty low.

>using cainhurst fan art as an example of how good the game looks
Cainhust looks like crap graphically, are you high right now?

>so I don't know how you can say the game doesn't do much world building
I never said it didn't have world building you idiot, learn how to read. I said the world building is purposefully ambiguous. You need to actually pay attention to item descriptions. item descriptions constantly use terms such as "maybe, what if, perhaps, it is possible that, etc" and even then a lot of them don't say anything coherent like "The Sky and the Cosmos are one" or "Behold a Paleblood sky" or the games constant reminding of the player of "communion" at any chance it gets yet it never tells, or even implies, what communion is related to or is.

It's all very deliberately ambiguous and lazy, but that's the point because that's how Lovecraftian storytelling works in regards to eldritch lore. Everything is left up to interpretation.

>And the amount of damage it deals
Which is offset by being a higher level. Do you just gimp yourself after NG is over and stop leveling to make the game seem harder?

>Memes

That doesn't make any sense.

Hardness out of 10

>Cleric Beast
1/10, maybe tough for newcomers

>Gascoigne
1.5/10, if you're able to handle the beast version he's not too bad

>Blood Starved Beast
3/10, third poison phase is actually fucking annoying, everything up to that point is fine

>Vicar Amelia
0.5/10, this might have been just me, but I didn't get her healing move. Thought she was very easy, but a fun fight.

>Witch of Hemwick
0.0001/10, Boring

>Shadow of Yharnam
5/10, I have a tough time with Gank Bosses

>Rom
3/10, little spiders make it interesting but Rom basically has two moves

>Logarius
4/10, a nice balanced fight. I can't parry/stagger that well so that doesn't factor in

>Darkbeast Paarl
6/10 I fought this fucker before BSB and had a fucking hard time, even though everyone says its easy as fuck. They probably fight it later that I did.

>The One Reborn
1.5/10 take out the casters and it's a piece of cake.

>Celestial Emmisary

>Ebrietas
2/10, just stay behind her and give her the smacc

>Amygdala
3/10 was tough until I used the Holy Blade.

>Micolash
2.5/10 A Call Beyond is a pain in the ass but once you know the pattern it's fine.

>Wet Nurse
2.75/10 Openings

>Orphan
8/10

darkbeast paarl if you fought him early

Also this was my first playthrough.

>being one of the last pthumeru bosses and whatnot.
agreed, she's the easiest boss in ihyll

me too user, shes literally on her knees begging for it too
pic related, i think its just this pose in general that gets my dick raging hard

Offset by a higher level? Once you reach the softcap for endurance/vitality There is little to no point in leveling them unless you have a huge amount of echoes to spend to go up like 10, and even then it wont make that large of a difference.
You can't upgrade armour like in souls either, so that's out've the question too.

The game just gets harder, being a higher level isn't going to help that significantly.

>third poison phase is actually fucking annoying
I never understood people's complaints about the Blood-Starved Beast and his poison cloud. It only ever appears when he's actively attacking and he can still get parried during phase 3. That boss is a joke from beginning to end.

>They probably fight it later that I did.
You can't fight Paarl until after you beat the BSB. Also Paarl is pretty easy because he get's staggered to often.

>Micolash
>pattern
There's no pattern to his fight. When he casts A Call Beyond all you need to do it dodge into the attack and it will miss you every time. Then you can stunlock him into oblivion.

Do you not know how to farm for blood echoes? Lol I can get 10 million Echoes in less than an hour.

>There's no pattern

He literally runs into three rooms before he stops which is potentially confusing the first time through

I sincerely hope you get to play it some day

For what? 70~ more hp and 10 more physical weapon atk? Not gonna help much.

>y-you just haven't played it...

Nice meme, faggot.

>pic related
not everybody has the same issues with bosses like you do. That guy clearly didn't.

>You can't fight Paarl until after you fight BSB

Is that because the door to the Workshop tower only opens after you kill the BSB

You clearly don't know how much levels you can gain by farming blood echoes for 30 minutes.

I meant when actually fighting him, not chasing him.

No, because the only way to fight Paarl is to get to Yharga'hul, and the only way to get to Yharag'hul that early is by killing the Blood-Starved Beast. Killing the Blood-Starved beast makes the Kidnappers spawn, and getting killed by one of them brings you to Yharag'hul where you can reach Paarl.

Killing Vicar only makes the time pass from day to night, it won't make the Kidnappers spawn.

And you clearly don't realize how ineffective those levels are once you're 4~ playthroughs in.

Leveling stops being effecting around level 200 and that isn't because of diminishing returns (i.e. more levels gives little increase in stats).

The issue is as you said , at least I think you did, where leveling becomes too costly. However if you know how to farm for blood echoes then leveling is no problem at all, regardless of what cycle you're on.

Wait, why are people calling Rom, AKA Witch of Hemwick:Even Easier Edition, hard?

>I can get 10 million Echoes in less than an hour
No you can't, I have 11 million echoes right now.

I sincerely hope you grow up some day

Yes it becomes costly and yes I could farm for a couple of hours to get another 300 max hp, I agree. But my main point is that in the fight with Laurence, atleast in later playthroughs, 300 more hp doesn't amount to much and the boost you get to physical weapon attack is borderline useless after 50. The fight's still hard.

Now whether or not you are a crazy good Bloodborne player or just got lucky, I fail to see how Laurence was easy. Obviously it could always be me, but I didn't have near that hard of a time with any other boss in the game.

Darkbeast Paarl

had more trouble with witcher 3 dlc bosses than with bloodborne

>equip all of the Moon Caryl Runes
>Go to Depth 5 chalice dungeon
>complete it
>rinse and repeat

Hell you don't even need to do a chalice dungeon, you can just run through Yharaghul or the Nightmare of Mensis for easy echoes. It's so easy, you can easily get 10 million echoes by doing it a couple times and completing the thing won't even take more than 30 minutes.

>I fail to see how Laurence was easy
Because his first phase is literally just the Cleric Beast with a fire buff and his second phase doesn't happen until he's as 1/3 health. He spends a lot of his second phase just thrashing in a straight line and his attacks are easy to dodge. The only issue is not getting his by the lava that his lower half starts spewing out but it's easy if you don't get too greedy. Laurence is just as stunnable than the Cleric Beast and he gives the player a lot of breathing room by just lazing around after a lot of his attack animations. You can abuse i-frames to make him easier as well if you know how to fight

You know that one attack that he does? the one where he punches the ground once with each arm then does a ground slam? If you dodge it properly you can dodge into the attack right after the ground slam happens then hit he head a couple times and you might stagger him for a visceral.

There's also that one attack he does where he starts slowly thrashing forward and furing the later parts of the fight he will always fall over onto his belly for at least 5 seconds, and if you dodge the attack before that happens he opens him self to get hit a lot and won't even recover quickly.

The boss is seriously easy, the only issues people should have with that boss are poor hitbox detection, aka phantom damage, and input delay.

Rom the bullshit spider

you're not getting 10 million blood echoes in an hour doing that you lying faggot

How was the easiest boss in the game hard?

What was so bullshit about him again?

the question is subjective what you might find easy others find hard

spiders 1-2 shotting you, most of roms attacks can one shot you

Good thing their attacks were easy to dodge.

No seriously, how could you find him Rom hard? Just kill the spiders if they're buging you and she's basically defenseless. Everything is telegraphed to hell, as long as you don't plunge into the center of the swarm you make sure you don't waste all your stamina killing them so you can dodge the falling ice attack, you're good.

You don't know how fucking easy it is to get blood echoes then you dumb fucker. Maybe you should try it out then come back to me.

He gets way more aggressive when he passes 70%, which is where most of his damage comes from imo. The first phase is the exact same otherwise. As for the crawling phase, the problem is lack of openings, in which case "don't get greedy" applies, but it still doesn't instantaneously work out. There's a lot to look out for in that fight, especially considering you can be dropped that quickly.

We both obviously have different playstyles, otherwise i'm sure this debate wouldn't have started. Regardless of what we say, I don't think anything's gonna change here.

Out of all the bosses in Vanilla, Logarius was the first one that I had a lot of trouble with, at least until I found out you can cancel out the whirlwind he summons before his second phase.

Bloodstarved beast is a coin flip for some reason, either I have a really easy time with him and beat him on my first go or he gives me hell with that awful poison fart gas shit.

For Chalice Dungeons, it's a tie between Defiled Hotdog and One Punch Beast ft. Horrible Face Maggot

E to the Z my man.
Just try not being retarded.

The easiest farming is on layer 2 of lower loran but you're not getting 10 million echoes in 1 hour with all 3 moon runes

that was my case, the only problem for me was ludwig, fucker was OHKO with almost all of his moves

the boss was pretty hard for me when i played through it. I believe i died 22 times. that said im fine with fighting him now.

Blood starved beast is hardest vanilla boss

orphan is probably the hardest boss i have ever faced

Finished it, but haven't fully explored the game. That said pic related gave me the hardest time out of all of them, and only until he started swinging his scythe. Moonman was disappointing. I was hoping he'd be hard considering how specific it was to summon him.

Did you try LITERALLY walking right?

>mfw i finally found some artwork for Cainhurst

this pleases the queen

Vileblood filth. The League spits at you.

>not being milkweed
do you even seek audience with the great ones?

>vileblood filth

what did you say about me you little wheel cuck? i'll have you kn-

Tthe League spits at you

Oh, your one of Those kinds of hunters

>pleasing a hasbeen who couldn't even take off her retarded helmet

You're just feelin' for a wheelin', vileblood.

I'm all about class baby. Look at my bucket helm.

Whoops

She was being rude to me so I ratted her out.

>class
>bucket helm

look at these silk tresses, hand spun spider silk from the lower dungeons. you can't get more classy than that

everyone has that one boss they destroyed with no trouble and no one will believe them while they had the most trouble with a boss that others breezed through

for me I 1 shotted gerhman and didn't see how anyone could struggle with it. meanwhile the boss that gave me the most shit hands down no contest was Paarl

Basically the most true post of this whole fucking thread.

in fairness paarl is pretty tough, I fight him regularly (in loran) and he's one of the hardest bosses in my opinion

yeah, until you get the one hit on his legs that immediately cripples him for the rest of the fight

>no one cares.

But You gave a free bump

Do you not understand how many blood echoes enemies drop int his game? They drop even more

Even more with all the moon runes equipped*.

>walking right

You mean dodging left, right? All his attacks can be dodged by moving to the left.

>tfw ended up somehow keeping him from going into phase 2

EZ PZ lad.