>furry mascot
>dumb villain with """complex"""" motives

>dumb villain with """complex"""" motives

So Akane in 999?

>series gets ported to PC
>turns into shit

POTTERY

Just finished it yesterday.
I can literally not believe that they went for that kind of ending.
Like what the fuck..

Saving your own ass is a damn good motive to do shit.

Weird. I thought ZTD was the best one yet.

Most of the unforgivable issues with ZTD are with the script, which was rewritten for what amounts to shits and giggles. And the piss easy puzzles/structure.

I still enjoyed complex motives and I'm glad it exists, but it didn't leave me thinking for weeks afterwards like both 999 and VLR managed to do

Ain't played ZTD but what did they remove about VLR?

Pretty much everything.

VLR's ending created a story-ruining mess that was impossible to clean up from, so I guess they felt the only solution was to not really care anymore.

>make Brother a bad guy
>don't ignore Left
>don't forget about kyle
Is not that hard, m8

They made a 2nd game

Sounds exactly like what happened with the souls serie

>whoopsies, we created random giants shit with 2
>let's just mash everything together in 3 and throw in random callbacks instead of having lore

I'm guessing those were not designed to be long-running series but the money demanded they became so, so the author had to pull shit out which will never be as good as if it were conceived from the very beginning.

>make Brother a bad guy
>don't ignore Left
Done
>don't forget about kyle
This is something I was thinking about. Wasn't Kyle supposed to go back to 2028 as well? But how? He didn't exist until much later.

Rho is the religious fanatic, rearranging ''Brother Delta'' gives you ''Rho:Bad letter''

Can we blame Operation Bluebird?

Without them we could have gotten a Light Novel or something like that.

Nothing. I enjoyed all 3 games.

Nothing it was great

>But how?
We'll never know. There were some nice theories before ZTD, like Kyle being able to switch with his genetically identical father to confuse brother. Uchi even wrote in a deus ex machina that could explain how. Instead he chose to ignore that plot point.

Isn't that basically what Delta was doing too? Guess it was too complex

Not an argument.

It is a fact that ZTD was a rushed piece of shit.

Yes, but Delta's motives were far more complex. He also needed to train SHITers to save the world from some terrorist just like Akane and Sigma in VLR. You could say his motives were twice as complex as those in the previous games.

VLR wasn't that bad

I thought it was pretty funny at the end. The whole "Now you guys know whats gonna happen and are determined to prevent it, so I guess we're cool now right guys?" was a good time for me. I think Delta's methods were complex as fuck, but in reality, 'saving the world and saving myself' isn't really super complex, especially if Delta realized that he was a big player in preventing the nuclear war.

Nah.

I can think of a few criticisms.
>Flow chart removes all weight from decisions, although that's arguably intentional
>"Fuck you, you can't win, we'll all murder you if you do"
>Biggest twist doesn't make that much sense considering you interact with reflective surfaces in the game

This. When i finished it that was it. It didn't give me the emotional attachment like 999 an VLR but i think that was because the timeline was played in random order. Also team Q was shit, the fucking worst.

The shitty models didn't help either and probably hurt the dramatic impact, doesn't even compare to the art.

The terrible engine that made everyone look robotic, slow, and only allowed one character to move at a time.

Is it just me or all ZTDfags dislike VLR?

...I'm not that user, but those criticisms are so trivial and/or subjective that it's hard to take them as serious hallmarks of VLR's "badness."

It's easy to pull out criticisms of the same caliber about 999. Uchi was always a bit of a hack.

The major problems of both games can be blamed on either one.

For example, do you blame VLR for introducing the Kyle plot line or ZTD for not resolving it?

People tend to choose one and blame the problems on the other.

All criticisms will be answered in the 4th game. Please look forward to it

VLR had a fantastic build-up to what it promised to be a fantastic conclusion and ZTD completely shit the bed.

Team Q was the best though. Eric was probably the best character in the game.

I don't even dislike VLR. I think it's the weakest of the three games, but I still put 40 hours into it.

I'm not saying it's bad so much as I'm saying that it has its faults like the other two.

Wait I REALLY got it this time, ''Religious fanatic'''is an anagram for ''Go, it's unfair Alice''

The first thing that comes to mind is how the fragment system fucked up any kind of build up any of the parts could have. Everytime someone died and someone else mourned them, I gave absolutely no shits about it because in 2 minutes im gonna be in a new fragment like nothing even happened with everyone alive.

999 and VLR made me actually care about the characters and deaths actually had some impact. Plus the branches had waaaaay more time to build up tension than the fragments.

tl;dr: fragments were a really bad idea

The real cancer in this threads are 999fags who claim their precious game is the best in everything.

I call it the P3fag syndrome.

Souls at least had the gameplay to keep it going. The script was almost the entire draw of Zero Escape.

>WAIT
>THE VOTE AT 13:30

are the other games going to pc
played 999 on DS but didn't play the others
>buying nintendo products past 2005

Post best music
youtube.com/watch?v=zkvQte7JWpw

Fragments could have been great if they were used more cleverly and integrated into the story in some way. They could have made into the final puzzle where you have to figure out the correct order of events through subtle clues in each fragment.

>I'm not saying it's bad
Oh, then it's a misunderstanding. The other user said something like "it's not bad" which can still mean that it's an average game with flaws, so you responding to it made it seem like it was a rebuttal to that sentiment.

I gotta agree. Each death just felt disconnected. "Junpeis head was in the room, weird lol"

Pretty much.
999 wasn't even that good.
VLR was more enjoyable and better polished as VN.

I think I would have preferred it if the fragments were more self-contained.

>only 50% of the game at the game (and the game itself would ideally be 40 hours long)
>used for character/relationship development purposes, such as putting an individual or two against a crisis to solve without having memories of how they got into that situation
>there being a real plot-relevant mystery to unravel in each one, with one being an effective story on its own (with a beginning, middle, and end) rather than some butchered piece of the whole story
>the characters DO remember what happens in every one without the memefield, or at least they do so earlier in the game

I hated how fragments just didn't contribute that much to the growth of the characters and it seems like the teams as a whole never got anywhere. Dysfunctional relationships still stayed the same.

>make Brother a bad guy
Depending on your definition of "bad", Brother was never actually confirmed to be bad. People just expected that based on what we learned in VLR.

VLR said that Brother wanted a world without war or starvation. By joining Free the Soul and following his teachings, you would be "reborn" as a new, better human.

People assumed he wanted to release Radical-6 to get rid of humanity, but that was never the case.

Yeah, my bad.

Brother released radical-6 because in order for his new world to be created, he had to "purge" a good chunk of toxic humans.

And I'm saying that was never actually stated in VLR. Based on what we learned throughout the game, we assumed that (and so did the characters).

In Dio's ending, it said Brother wanted to create a new world, and to do so, people needed to join Free the Soul and follow his teachings.

In Alice's ending, it said Free the Soul was involved in the release of Radical-6, but it never said "why" they released it. We didn't find out why Brother released it until ZTD, when he said it was to kill the terrorist.

Dio's ending stated that for his vision to come true, Brother had to get rid of those he considered unclean.

youtube.com/watch?v=J0DJ1AZVXcg

>Dio's ending stated that for his vision to come true, Brother had to get rid of those he considered unclean.
No, it said that people who were corrupted needed to be purified. And to be purified, they had to follow Brother's teachings.

...Didn't Alice say that Free the Soul's bad deeds can't be pinned on Brother?

I could just be remembering wrong, but if that's true then there's a chance that Brother was simply an idiot that let his organization's beliefs and radicalism get out of hand--what we heard was simply hearsay, after all.

Not to say it excuses how his character was shitted on in ZTD. It just gives some insight into it. Left is still a huge issue.

I hope someone's able to get a straight answer out of Uchi about Left's apparent lack of importance. I also would like to know if Carlos was intended to look like him, and for what purpose--I mean, it suddenly makes sense why he was in the Decision Game over any other shifter if he was a clone/related to one and was engineered in order to fight the terrorist...

Oops, this
was intended for

First game was going great until they introduced that whole retarded telepathy thing.

>...Didn't Alice say that Free the Soul's bad deeds can't be pinned on Brother?
Correct. Brother started Free the Soul in order to purify people and get rid of corruption. He never actually did anything bad (unless you consider what he did in ZTD bad). People probably thought he was bad considering the Myrmidons did some shit and Brother was basically their leader.

I'm tired of Zero in each game just being being a misunderstood good guy. 3 games now with that same twist.

I don't know, I think it's kind of interesting. Each game's Zero has a certain reason for setting up their game, and it's just a matter of whether or not you agree with that reason.

>Carlos was engineered to be a powerful esper and a relatively perfect human being (though it's hard to tell if this is genetically possible and why Left's genes would need to be used) in order to fight the terrorist
>this is why he was chosen to be a participant+leader
>he was given to a kind family when he was a baby so he'd live a normative, untested life. perhaps the family was Mexican or Portuguese, so that explains his and his sister's names
>this was necessary in order to get him into the right state of mind--if he had known he was a clone, then his determination to stop the terrorist may falter
>the tragedy that occurred on the day of his training's completion was staged by Delta in order to awaken his esper powers

...it would have been so easy to write into the story. Perhaps not very well, but it would have been a reveal that'd tie in Left. What we got was nothing. :/

youtube.com/watch?v=Fqpa9GFQmLU

there's two contrived coincidences when it comes to his character, from the timing of the arson to his position in the Decision Game despite there being thousands of alternatives+other potential leaders, and that idea explains them both.
Wish we could introduce the concept to Uchi and get his take on it. He'd probably just bullshit it though.
"Well, who knows? Maybe's it's possible?"

I kek'd.

>p4shitter whining in an unrelated thread
lmao

999>ZTD>VLR
This is objectively correct

The problem is that VLR, especially it's Q&A, offered too much that ZTD didn't deliver on.

The key omission being Kyle. But Q&A also promised some stuff about Dio for example. Other stuff, like Radical-6 hardly being relevant at all in the end also sucked.

Well, ZTD was disappointing so there's that.

>ZTD>VLR