Megaman battle network and starforce thread

this game tho

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z3DzaDCVxAQ
webfile.jp/dl.php?i=1386258&s=b1685b93c3c46462c871
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1El2iMp5Onv22YAjj4_pI7e6jQP9Y1SCuCvWYYHd354o/edit?pageId=112373529407043035301#gid=137597757
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>starforce

airhocky is fun

airhocky is best hocky

best starforce armor

zerkerxsaurian is pretty dank i must say

am i the only one who couldnt figure out this piece of shit as a young bab

snek

tmw Queen Ophuica is also Luna Platz and that gif exists

my childhood

why

do you love her?

no

Why does the worst girl have the best transformation?

But Harp Note looks like shit. No seriously, best girl aside Harp looks bad

because capcom hates the franchise, have you seen what its been doing lately

Zerker is way better as a default armor tho

Stack a ton of gemini giga and mega chips. Ayye

but that's wrong

Why are they fetishizing an elementary school girl?

Japan what are you doing

Currently working my way though all of the BN games. Thanks Nintendo for having VC on the WiiU.

:^)

>not playing it on the original gba

jk, glad to know someone is actually playing the games. what game are you on rn?

>tfw I gotta have Blue and White version chips just to complete the game.
I'm glad they didn't do that shit in the next games

i don't even remember what this thing does

get out of here, taylor

cOUGH

I own half of the games on GBA, tracking down the rest I could not be bothered.
Currently on 2, just beat Cutman; I have missed these games too much.

noice

>talking shit about SF3

I couldn't either, I remember using it and nothing happened

>they finally nailed it with the battle system
>they kill the franchise
I see the good side of this, at least Starforce ended in a high note and will not be remembered like being a fucking trainwreck

Noise system is pure love

Hold down A and if an enemy steps into your area while you're doing so, it'll automatically slash at them.

tru

>nailed it with the battle system
>3 movement tiles
Starforce was a mistake and will always be shit.

THEY COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL

THEY COULD HAVE KEPT THE 3x3 GRIDS AND JUST UPGRADED IT TO 3D, BUT NO, THEY HAD TO FUCK WITH PERFECTION

The noise system works well with the 3 tiles movement. It's not Battle Network, I know but it was pretty good.

when i was a child i thought starforce was gonna be megaman with epic spaceship battles and i was super hyped

>THEY COULD HAVE KEPT THE 3x3 GRIDS AND JUST UPGRADED IT TO 3D, BUT NO, THEY HAD TO FUCK WITH PERFECTION
They wanted SF to be more combat focused.

>They wanted SF to be more combat focused.
In that case it makes sense that they made the combat objectively worse.

i must admit, starforce did make a mistake by limiting tile space

SF3 refined the combat and made it a lot more quicker than past SF games. And PA got back.

The entire series is filled with hilarous retardation.
>that guy who wants to crash the plane while being a passenger in it

>humor program
yes hilarious retardation

Yeah who would do that in real life.

>decide to try starforce
>1 row
>decide to not try starforce

What starforce? Arena eater is a legit stuff and pretty broken on SF3.Long as you have a folder full of swords....

Someone post the pic with all the skits

You called for me?

Danke

I knew compiling these all together was a good idea.

I never played starforce but played and loved all the battle networks.

Is it worth playing starforce?

My friends told me I was crazy when I told them I was doing it.

SF3 is great, SF1 is okay, SF2 has a terrible encounter rate that ruins it all and while the story is actually kinda good in SF1 and SF3 it's shit in SF2.

But I said "Hey, I'm playing through the whole series anyway, why not?"

And it's not like I was just rushing through to the Humor Program in each game. I took my time and enjoyed each game.

half of these humor program jokes make no sense
the other half make me cringe so hard my head pops off my shoulders

capcom why

Did male bonding ever do anything?

And it was a very enjoyable replay of each game. And that has been my personal blog.
Now go read some funny jokes.

No, it's just part of the skit. Doesn't even show up in the key items list. Lan/Mega Man do the "Item Get" animation, though, just to make it that much more authentic.

Here's a bonus Style Table.
Yes, the Element-less and various Hub Styles exist in the game code, but are more an artifact of how the system was programmed and were likely never planned to be playable.

what did ground style do?

break panels iirc

Ground Style's charge shot cracked panels under whatever it hit, which was pretty powerful with Heat as the game counted each panel under the flamethrower as being 'hit' so you'd end up with three cracked panels. Aqua would also count the panel behind the target as being hit and would crack that one as well. Wood's tornado shot would outright destroy a single panel.
Ground Style also generated programs that would change the stage type at the start of battle as it levelled up.

It's a counter against fuckers who hop into your field.

Like the spider viruses in BN4.

WARNING
WARNING
WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNINGWARNINGWARNING

pls r8 my desktop

Nice Zero, faggot

it's just an image viewer to show what my titlebar buttons look like ᶘ ͡°ᴥ͡°ᶅ

>yfw youtube.com/watch?v=z3DzaDCVxAQ

>be me
>be strolling through wave world
>get warning sign
>"meh, probs just a virus"
>encounter
>Crimson Dragon
>kms

fuck i wish i went with that instead of fucking shadow style

If someone were to make a game with similar gameplay like battle network, would you prefer 3D or 2D pixels like BN?

3D like Starforce but with navigatable 3x3 grids like BN

you just said you went with shadow style. since that meant you had blue version there was no way youd get groundstyle since its version exclusive to white just like shadow style was to blue.

>that guy who wants to crash the plane while being a passenger in it
Because that has never happened before.

>"A game in its hit 6th installment"
Why did you have to jinx yourself Capcom?

bump

I'll never understand why some people dislike 1. It's not as polished as 2 and on, but the only shitty part is the complicated net maps. It has better progression and less "ugh, THIS PART" moments than 6 and 3 respectively, and the fights being balanced for post-battle HP made for a more intense experience.

it had MANY ugh this part moments.
power plant
bombman
the internet itself
chip grinding in general
>SHARKMAN

2d

>Starforce 2 is stun general
>3 comes along and has para body
>"Eh, Starforce 2 was better"
Fucking Stunbabby's

You're full of shit, user.

Also
>not able to run away from battles without a fucking chip
>no asterisk code
>recovery chips are completely pointless due to how you recover after every battle, except for the power plant where you probably traded them all and now have no way to feasibly recover HP

I also have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, saying the game has less "ugh, THIS PART" moments. MMBN1 is literally that the entire game, except for FireMan (who's the first boss so that's not an accomplishment), NumberMan (and even then figuring out the numbers was a tedious mess), and ColorMan, I don't remember his scenario being too bad.

Everything else about the game was garbage, user. I haven't even talked about the chip balance or how poorly designed armors were.

Why can't anybody here accept that mememan backtrack network is cheap as fuck

>kill off Ophicus, but Bud and fuccboi Sonia keep their navis
>literally kills off Luna in SF3
>SoniaxGeo is likely canon
>mfw Capcom gives no shit about Luna, the only important person in Geo's life, the only person that got him to leave the house, go to school, make new friends, and harness the power of the admins.

Fuck you Soniafags. Sonia was his first BrotherBand, but Luna offered first.

Why are the vulcan chips so satisfying to use? I'm sure there are many better chips that one could use, but I always cram my folder with as many vulcans as I can.

>not even a special Vouge Wave Change

A real shame.

SF3 isn't much better. Burai/Rogue is broken as fuck, Virgo getting TWO immunities FOR FREE AND NO VIBRANT REQUIRED, and no way to counter Area Eater was just shit design.

>slap a shitton of swrdfght 1 2 3 X and Bushido series.
>Win game.

Anti sword was pretty much a must on online.

MMBN 6 meta was slow af and there are many instances where you will go through the entire folder and time out the battle. SF sped up combat with innate lock on, autocharge, and limited movement. SF matches are more intense because it's based more on mind games that actually aiming your fucking chips.

>Try playing SF2 online
>Opponent starts battle with Tribe King
>They immediately start spamming time-stopping attacks
Every fucking time

who /gemini-wolf/ here?
I don't regret anything

>Meta game instead of actually playing fucking games.
No thanks.

You can only run 4 antisword, and the damage that could be dealt with Bullshitto wasn't worth the trouble. Megaboost or Invis pretty much negate AntiSword.

Speaking of Bullshitto and Megaboots, they both Pierce invisible which is insane! Stacking an already OP card and the only thing that can stop it is a lousy shield. WolfXGemini was OU for a reason.

Why did Team Colonel have the best designed souls?

shadow chaos

All non elemental pierces invis in vibrant noise.Rogue noise can deal craptastic tons of damage with a single swrdfght

was SF3 the game with the best postgame content?

Reminder the Touhou fangame of MMBN is actually pretty neat:
Demo download: webfile.jp/dl.php?i=1386258&s=b1685b93c3c46462c871
Guide: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1El2iMp5Onv22YAjj4_pI7e6jQP9Y1SCuCvWYYHd354o/edit?pageId=112373529407043035301#gid=137597757

> (You)
>All non elemental pierces invis in vibrant noise.Rogue noise can deal craptastic tons of damage with a single swrdfght

All attacks Pierce Invis if you have 200+ noise, bushido pierces if you stack three of them and Megaboots makes all War rock attacks Pierce. Ppl say SF2 was faster, but you weren't allowed much time to think in SF3 because losing momentum meant the battle was lost.

op here, had no idea this thread would turn out so well, im actually really happy with this