What Game are you most looking foward to play for the soon to be dead 3DS?

What Game are you most looking foward to play for the soon to be dead 3DS?

All the Dragon Quest games. Even though we're only getting 2 out of 8.

AA6, Layton and DQ7 and 8

>le 3ds is gonna die after pokemon meme
l bet you really enjoy your totally alive Vita huh

I think ios and android has all of them

It doesn't have the spin offs like Monsters, Rocket Slime and DQX. Those are the games we're not getting.

Maybe of you convince people to buy them instead of pirating them the spin offs might come over

>We'll never get translations for the second rocket slime or even the GBA game
it hurts

Etrian Odyssey V. Ever Oasis looks kinda neat too.

That didn't stop people from buying fire emblem conquest, the SMT games, Smash, Monster Hunter Generations or good spinoff games like Super mystery dungeon.
Feel free to stop defending nintendo anytime mate.

The DQ games on PS2 and DS already sold well. And SquareEnix responded by ignoring the series for years.

That said, I'm still going to buy DQVII and VIII. I've bought every western released DQ game. Going as far back as the NES days. But I'm not going to expect more games to come because of good sales. When SquareEnix thinks 1.5 million units being sold is bad enough not to release any more for 6 years.

>July
Monster hunter
>August
"Metroid"
>September
Dragon Quest
>October
Monster Hunter again
>November
Pokemon

I don't know how much shit taste do you have but is a pretty busy end year for 3DS.

Pirates don't buy games. Especially pirates who pirate 3ds games.

Sun and Moon. Maybe Pikachu's detective shit. Is the only game that's New 3ds excluisve Xenoblade? Cause if that's so that's kinda sad.

Other than that there is absolutely nothing. The hardware is just too old and it's really showing it's age.

it really pisses me off we aren't getting this game because I loved the DS one as a kid

>the 3ds will die
nice meme. people post on Sup Forums about getting game boy advanced micros and flash carts all the fucking time as well as ds. don't even have to go to /vr/ to find people wanting to play older handhelds. there's a thread up right now about ds flash carts

even the fucking vita will still have a following

DQ7, DQ8, Phoenix Wright SOJ, SMT Apocalypse, EO5, Ever Oasis.

Pretty good something soon to be dead.

>no mention of SMT IV Final
Wew

The 3DS will stop releasing new games dumbass

I want that monster hunter rpg the most. I bet it won't even get translated.

That's January user

like I said a pretty busy year.

Probably a year after their next handheld. Be it NX or whatever.

>defends people buying nintendo games rather than pirating them and right after follows up with quit defending nintendo
wew lass

Even if 3DS dies after Pokemon I would be pretty happy with it. Tons of good games even though it lacks the DS variety (3DS is full of RPGs but that's pretty much it).

You sure about that?
The first thing I did was make a digital backup of my 3ds collection.

>Probably a year after their next handheld.
>next handheld
There won't be a new one

It's nice having a DS flash cart for my 3ds

Waiting for Inazuma Eleven 3 to come in the mail Monday, it's old but I'm looking forward to playing it. It's the only one in the series I haven't yet because of the region lock, being attached to the EU names for the characters in the original trilogy, and not wanting to buy an EU 3DS just for the series. At least my JP one served me well for a multitude of games.

We'll see. Certainly doesn't look good with the phenomenon that is Pokemon Go. But there's also hints that the smartphone sales are slowing down and the smartphone bubble may pop. Nintendo might go a generation without making a new handheld, but it would be stupid. Since Sony is giving up and not making a sequel to the Vita, Nintendo is in the best position to corner the market by being the only alternative to smartphone gaming.

But if the NX is a console/handheld hybrid, there's no hope left.

Pokemon and hopefully Dai Gyakuten Saiban someday

>tfw 99% of that mobile game spending is from 1% of the audience.

>But if the NX is a console/handheld hybrid, there's no hope left.

Pretty much every industry rumor is that it is a hybrid. But I am not sure about no hope. A "reasonably" powerful system capable of staying vaguely competitive with Sony/MS consoles that uses, that uses carts thus an end to disk based load times, that is capable of playing 1080p/60fps on home televisions and yet also capable of playing the same games on the go might not be a bad thing at all. Or am I mistaken?

EO5 and Pokemon S/M
I think that's it, unless they release SNES or GBA VC games for it.

They never did get around to porting Strange Journey.

It could be good. But them combining their handheld and console into one thing also has many potential drawbacks. Chief among these being that it may not please either side. Consolefags may think its too weak for a console while handheld fags think its too costly for a handheld. Or a host of other superficial issues. And it also could be shunned by third parties. Nintendo handhelds tend to get third party support, but consoles don't. Putting them together might cause third parties to treat it like a console and not a handheld.

That might still happen, but EO3U is ded if the NX doesn't have two screens.

Pokemon S/M
SMT: Final

Dragon Quest VII.

That's it. Maybe Federation Force. The tutorial they put for it in Blast Ball was pretty good.

To me the benefits outweigh the negatives.

I haven't bought a nintendo product since the GBA and I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the NX is. They should even keep the name NX since it sounds sweet.

I have grown real tired and bored of modern gaming and seeing if Nintendo goes way out of the box here with an idea has me intrigued at the very least.

>To me the benefits outweigh the negatives.
>I haven't bought a nintendo product since the GBA
Honestly, you don't really know what the positives or negatives would be since you haven't had a Nintendo system for over 3 gens. And while you (and I) may like the idea of the NX, that doesn't mean its a sound decision in sales and third party support. The biggest issue Nintendo has had for 4 generations is third party support. And this system has to fix that or risk Nintendo going third party themselves.

I see your point but remember user, I said I have grown really bored and even frustrated with the direction of modern gaming. I have played gamecube and Wii just to let you know. Just never bought the consoles.

They were good and I liked the Wii controls for SSBB. I just want to see if Nintendo can sort of bring me back to modern gaming in some way. I believe they can if their idea is good. As long as it gets some good games I'm all good honestly.

>I just want to see if Nintendo can sort of bring me back to modern gaming in some way.
I'm sorry user, Nintendo is falling victim to the same things other companies are now. There are a few good ones here and there, but the gap between a game being really good and really bad is becoming larger with each major release.

don't care.
I just want it to be able to play Etrian Odyssey with two screens.
Pokemon is a given so I'm not worried about that.

You should look to game developers, not publishing companies. Yes, Nintendo has internal developers. But even within Nintendo, they have good and bad teams.

These days, I mostly just buy Vanillaware, Armor Project, Fraxis and certain Nintendo games. Notice I'm not buying a game based on the console, but based on the developer who made it. So don't depend on the NX to save gaming for you. Depend on the developers you like.

>b-b-but sony
Pathetic

>Depend on the developers you like.

Which has basically become none for me now. I know it may sound strange how I am putting hope into the NX but I really got nothing left to hope for. If NX fails I'm probably retiring from gaming or at least only going to stick to old games.

Depressed neet over here. Gaming doesn't quite fill that void as well anymore. I feel like I'm becoming an old fart saying back in my day gaming was way better. So I started preferring older games.

>Chief among these being that it may not please either side. Consolefags may think its too weak for a console

I honestly am not expecting this to be a problem. It may be a tad on the underpowered side, but not really in comparison to anything short of the high end and high priced VR/4K rigs MS/Sony are coming out with.

>while handheld fags think its too costly for a handheld.

I also doubt this will be too much of a problem either. May be a bit high for a handheld, but it will be getting Nintendo's full software development behind it, no more separate handheld/console development. This should mean a larger software library with no game droughts. More than worth it.

Dragon Quest VII and maybe VIII(already have the game on PS2)
Etrian Odyssey V
Pokemon Gen 7(maybe)
SMTIV Final(although I need to play SMTIV since I haven't played it yet)

At least MH Generations is tiding me over.

Why is it going to be dead?

Metroid Dread. I'm so hype.

Oh wait

Metroid project "Dread" is nearing the final stages of completion.

DQ9 might have the worst characters, but goddamnit that post game was excellent.
>great job system
>legacy bosses
>weekly? DLC quest

>>weekly? DLC quest
>VC Shop closed two years ago

>Story of Seasons Trio of Towns
>Corpse Party
>Pokemon Moon
>Disney Magical World 2
>Rhythm Heaven Megamix
>Harvest Moon Skytree Village
>Metroid Federation Force
>Dragon Quest VII
>Dragon Quest VIII

The ones that spring to mind.

Dragon Quest 7 and 8
Hoping for the rumored Shantae physical copy
And that Oasis game at E3 if it gets a physical release I'll get that.
Also getting Corpse Party remake, and SMT Final.

Here's hoping that the NX continues to let you buy physical copies, and no nonsense of needing internet for anything.

If it helps, I asked James Montogoa or whatever his name is, one of the directors for Shantae and the pirate curse, about western physical 3ds copies on twitter. He didn't respond, but he liked my tweet. Curious.

I just got a New 3DS since my XL broke. I haven't paid any attention to releases since 4U released. What else should I get besides Generations and SMTIV?