Discuss this game

Discuss this game

It's shit

Looks like a mix of Starbound and Starforge.

Explain

/bread

Discuss potato bread and why it's so amazing.

>looks like a mix of shit and piss

ok

Its niche and therefore bad. Exploration is for faggots.

Cant wait to play the next generic Ubisoft/Blizzard/EA MP esport focused shooter y'all!

t. Sup Forums

literally everyone in v hates cod

Bull fucking shit. There has been a massive amount of praise from Sup Forums for both CoD and BF recently.

jump the chasm OP

No, reddit hates CoD, and not even for a reason.

in what fucking universe

Shitty single player rip off of Infinity Quest for Earth.

Like Scribblenauts and Spore, it's an E3 gaming media darling because people only see the potential and not the reality. It will get its 5s and 6s and people will move on by September.

It'll suck and I'll be smugposting

Everyone likes this game but we are Sup Forums too mainstream for us let's assume this game is bullshit yeah it's bullshit right guys right guys fuck those normalfags this game is bullshit

Make me.

In this one you absolute moron, go on, go make a CoD thread saying it looks good and it will be 400 replies later of positive comments.

Jesus there are a shitton of generic shooter threads up right now for Overwatch, Siege, GTA ect ect

Sup Forums has become the one thing it always said it hated, its a hugbox for casual faggots and now the worst place on the net for the niche developers who it once rightly supported.

can't agree more

>literally everyone in v hates cod
No way, batter it and fry it and cod is delicious.

>you literally CANNOT enjoy shooters or you are a casual

>generic shooters
Well done, you cant read. Fuck off cancer.

Who nu male here?

you

>generic
>proceeds to list three games that are nothing like each other

Do guns make you angry or something?

Yes. Thats why I'm here. Just want to know how many others are here too so I know whether to hang around in the thread and have intellectual discourse, or whether I should fuck off and wait for all the neets to grow up.

>those games
>not the pinnacle of generic trash
Jesus Christ you really are a newfag. Get out.

Those games are generic shit though. And you are a filthy fucking casual scum for liking them. Off yourself.

FAINTLY

>niche developers

A market that got flooded with dreamers or people looking to make a quick buck, who then went on to produce "niche" shit.

Shit that was (sometimes) great in whatever it set out to do, but fail in every other aspect. This does not make a good game.

Sup Forums just grew up and realized that when a developer's response to questions of Multiplayer is:
>I think when people see this they are going to fully realize what it means to be that far away from somebody else who's playing. And I know that that's a bit weird for people, but it's what's different about our game. And we want to embrace that. We don't want people just scouting off beside their friends. I actually want people to boot up the game and just think, “Isn't the universe huge? Who are we? What are we all doing here?”

It is this memeword ear candy that has driven people to actually enjoy CoD. At the end of the day CoD is a fast pace, brainless FPS you can pick up and play. Each new installation achieves this quite nicely.

Personally I got tired of paying for shit that I didn't care for after 5 hours of playing it, if I'm lucky.

What the fuck do you mean by generic then? Games that are popular or just games you don't like? I don't know what Sup Forums you're referring to where we used to be like that.

>expecting me to spoonfeed your retarded ass
Lurk more. You should educate yourself before you post on Sup Forums you underage cunt. Now fuck off.

>bait

>educate yourself: only like games that I like

Good fucking grief. Is that really necessary?

That is the exact thing all newfags say when they have no idea what makes a game good or bad, it has nothing to do with personal opinion.

This is your last reply newfag.

I thought NMS looked fine even in the gameplay leak. Maybe that's just shit taste, but I'm absolutely not going to pay 60$ for it. I'll wait until a price drop.

>lurk more
It is that meme mentality that drove Sup Forums to shit in the first place.

>(You)
Nope, just a rant from someone who can't even bother to pirate the piles of shit that are being released lately.

>autism intensifies
You are too green to be calling others newfag.

FAINTLY

Ok even though discovering new planets/life/minerals is cool and being able to upgrade a ship/suit to get further your adventure is fun, but whats the fucking point beyond that? It seems like youre being put on a tour. I want to get excited for this game but the lack of a personalized base and doing next to nothing with intelligent aliens is killing it for me.

I never said they were good, you never said they were bad. You just said they were generic, and it's probably just because you don't like them. Games don't become generic just because you don't like them.

Someone post a link to the leak that hasn't been taken down yet

Day 1 pirate for me. I feel like it could scratch an itch when I read about it on paper. Looking at the leak, it seemed like it would miss that itch and leave me wishing I could just stretch a little more to the left to get that itch.

>$60

So how is this not just a copy of Elite: Dangerous? That game was a massive waste of money for what it was.

>imo

I haven't seen any gameplay, but I've seen this shilled on here pretty frequently.

So try to sell this game to me: what the hell do you actually do in it?

I think there is a little more to it than that but the nu male heading up the game is being extremely hush hush about it. I don't see the point in being obscure about the features of your upcoming game. My guess it is not as shallow as you describe, but certainly nowhere near as deep as the dev believes it to be.

Star Citizen looks 1000x better. No one cares about No Mans Sky. It'll be forgotten in 2 weeks, but SC will be remembered as one of the best games ever created.

What happens if you die? do you respawn as a new character and start all over? Do you just respawn at your ship? I can't imagine there being any serious danger to you in the first place besides life support but thats ez to keep up

>but I've seen this shilled on here pretty frequently
You mean people have attempted to talk about.

so what do you even do in this game?

>complaining about price when torrents exist
How many newfags we get this summer?

so since someone's playing the game early, can we see a leaked trophy list too?

It depends on where you're at. If you die in space, you'll respawn at a space station. If you die on a planet, I think you respawn at your last save point. I'm not sure where you respawn if you haven't saved on the planet. Probably just next to your ship.

>Star Citizen
>ever getting released

Ha.

>generic shooter
>Rainbow Six: Siege

I know it's Ubishit, but have you actually played it?

Literally anything

If you dig too much, the space police come to fuck you up.

>the value of a game is not related to the initial asking price
>how does the game industry work

Keep up, b8.

"Talking about it" implies discussion of in game mechanics and world. All I've seen is one side proclaiming it to be the biggest flop on the face of this planet, while the other asks me to buy it.

STILL unsure what exactly what gameplay is actually like.

>discussing "value of a game" with a pirate
seems new

whoa..... holy f*ck.....

nothing, it's an on rails shooter where actual violence is an option. You can LITERALLY just set the control down and watch it like a movie

nigger playing on low graphics settings?

the only one confirmed so far is triggering Sup Forums

I pirate.

This "value" I talk about determines if I even bother to pirate it. I don't have time to try each new flavor of shit as they come out.

you should buy it and make up your mind for yourself, user.

You're a faggot.

In the 30 minute leak, most of what the player was doing was mining shit with a laser that overheats about every 4 seconds of continuous fire. You start off with a broken ship, and most of your suit is critically damaged. He was mining to get resources to repair both his suit and his ship. He could have left the planet within 5 minutes, but decided to walk around and take a look at the place. You can feed animals and they'll become friendly to you, digging up resources for you, you can find alien monoliths to learn bits and pieces of their language. Notable things were that animals are pretty fucking buggy thanks to their procedural generation, and physics don't really work - destroying lower pieces of one of the monoliths didn't cause the rest to come crashing down, it just floated in the air. You have to recharge your suit fairly often to keep the environmental protection online, though I didn't count that as a negative, personally. That's all I remember.

i posted this in the earlier thread and i finally pinned down what it reminded me of when i saw it - the reason this thing caught my attention in the first place

IT IS RELATED TO THE COMMON SCRAB, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

who cares if the spess police fuck you up? If you just end up respawning at your ship it doesn't seem like much of a detterent

You shoot lasers at rocks and then you can repair your spacesuit.

And I think there's some space deer you can shoot as well.

I dont know, maybe the "lore" will entice people to keep searching for more clues but I still think the game would have benefited from a larger ship that acts as a base.

I'm currently wearing 15 flannel shirts and glasses with rims that are 2 feet thick. I only work on my stubble 30 minutes every morning. Am I a numale?

>a larger ship that acts as a base.
This would have been nice, especially if it came with its own hangar.

I fully expect the game to be a trainwreck but I'm still hoping the endgame involves you piloting a giant ship that scans entire planets for anything worthwhile and blows them up if there isn't.

That's cod

someone want to post some webms of the leak?

My friends are excited for this and I just can't help but shit on their enthusiasm every time they bring it up. I can't wait to trade in all my friendships for "I told you so"s.

>star citizen.webm
>its a video of call of duty

this
I was yelling at some little faggot at gamestop about this

Good Bait

that's embarrassing

why because I'm not a fucking shill? go watch your gf fuck tyrone cuck

you guys really need to let this type of bait roll rather than call it out so quickly. the whole point is to enjoy luring out faggots not unlike yourselves who are successfully baited in to believing it's star citizen.

>I was yelling at some little faggot at gamestop about this
did your mom buy you any games afterwards?

I hope you're baiting, user. For your sake.

Fuck off shill, star citizen will never be that good