What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Too many enemy mobs. Too many enemies with inflated health. Too many enemies with projectiles. Forced co-op. Awful partner AI. It was still an okay game.

Multiplayer mechanic and muh racism

Still decent

piss filter

>i know lets base the core gameplay on a shitty AI
>i know also! lets make it so if you want to start from scratch... well you actually cant!!
>i know aswell! lets re-use all the animations from the previous game! ppl wont even notice!
And those ppl get paid a shitton

>Too many enemy mobs. Too many enemies with inflated health. Too many enemies with projectiles

Sounds like a case of "Being fucking shit at games"

The big issue with 5 is that it was starting to go full action but then pulled back on some of the aspects and the 2 styles don't work very well together.
At least 6 embraced the action.

Played through the game many times, wasn't bothered by the AI. On veteran or harder, the NPC starts to become a nuisance.

Too many cut scenes, reused animations(why the fuck do they reward you for shooting people in the knee with a instant kill action???), no horror, linear stage progression. Resident evil 1,2,3 and a portion of 4 did well with exploration of maps for keys/puzzle solving.

Still, 5 was okay.

6 though...

Sheva needs ammo

Nothing. Shooting up niggers with hot Amazonian girl was fun as fuck.

It not based re6 with its more fluid movements.

5 and like 4 had a problem with the game being more action thus making escaping mobs or a single enemy a pain in the fuckibg ass

Plus both game were less about the horror and more about the action although both went thier way to try and balance those

6 fixed that by just saying fuck it we action game now and added some dodges and rolls

Not enough boulder punching

Still better than 6 was.

>People complain about the village being just black people that chris shoots
>Capcom apologizes and diversifies the city
>Next chapter has you shooting spear throwing zombies in tribal masks

The japanese with their unintentional racism is great

Playing through again for the first time in 8 years with a pal. Still as great as I remember. Co-op might be forced, but it is fucking fun.

>Plus both game were less about the horror and more about the action although both went thier way to try and balance those

This is my main issue with the franchise lately.
On many of the games they can't fucking choose 1 and try to mix the styles unsuccessfully.

I love 6 for having great mechanics for the action.
Wish they would just release a fill blown Mercenaries game not on the damn 3DS

I really enjoyed 6

I also like how characters get passed off when you don't obey to open a door for them.

>play as Leon
>spam the parter calling button
>depending on the situation Leon might whisper his parter name or normally
>after a number of time he will simply shout and yell his partner name

Shame 5 didn't had this

Boring levels, especially the temple and that one with the boat.

Shitty, unmemorable bosses except for Wesker, and even then you just have to survive long enough and mash QTEs correctly.

Complete misunderstanding of RE4.

At least it's not as bad as RE6.

YOU GRAB IT

HURRY

>Having high octane shooter action sequences and being forced to use tank controls.
You can't have both.

I CAN'T RIGHT NOW

No Shinji Mikami.

But you can strafe in 5, which you couldn't in 4. Personally, I think that RE6 got mobility right. Being able to shoot while moving, sliding and rolling felt good and fluid. Unfortunately they didn't really change the monsters to adapt to this change of movement, so everything was easy to kill because they couldn't catch you.

>they couldn't catch you
That because they were shooting at you or were dive tackle toward you

CMON

Terrible partner AI. Despite being a helpless civilian, Ashley is more helpful to have around than Sheva. The ability to hide in a trash can trumps anything Sheva can do.

It also has worse enemies, weapons, and environments than RE4.

I NEED.. HELP!

And even then, you could still either try to evade them or counter them if they tried rushing at you. Personally my favorite enemies were the licker like enemies in Leon's campaign because they were so easy to counter.

Giving zombies increased mental capacity was dumb though, I lost a lot of kill streaks because of a zombie holding a magnum halfway across the map in mercenaries.

Just strafing isn't enough when you have insta-kill alien motherfuckers and enemies that can fully move and shoot when you can't.

Having a small time protagonist for one thing OP.

Very little, very fun game with a good challenge and weapon balance and upgrades, story doesn't get in the way.
Unlike 6, that easy, qte infested, scripted garbage making you wait while story lines are delivered, melee focused, fight every boss 10 times, can't pick weapons fuck you over with a limited inventory with a shit inventory system, crap.

>Mash X to deliver kidney punches to a boulder
This will never not be funny.